IGNORED

Bill Nye and Ken Ham Creation/Evolution Debate

Ralar

OT: I'd love to see an atheist pull the "Were you there?" question on a conservative Christian re the resurrection of Christ.

Would you settle for an Asatruar doing it? 'Cause if I ever get the chance to throw that question at someone obnoxious enough to use it as an "argument" around me I totally will.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slightly off-topic, but Bill Nye is one handsome older man. As a kid, I always thought he was awkward, dorky, and ott, but now? WOW. Age really agrees with him. :pink-shock: :lol:

I've always loved him. I was just telling my bestie that I'm totally lusting over his intelligence right now.

I am another Christian who believes evolution is/was possible.

I was a child of the 90's and am very familiar with Bill Nye. I remember watching the show at home and in school. However, I do not remember learning about any type of evolution in science classes. The only time I remember learning anything about the different types of people who used to walk the earth and things was in an ancient history class where the teacher gave an overview of how things may have been before launching into lessons of ancient civilizations. This teacher said we can believe it or not, but she has to teach it.

I like that Bill admits when he doesn't know and that they are still trying to figure things out.

I like that Bill admits when he doesn't know and that they are still trying to figure things out.

I do too, but I'm kind of scared it's going to backfire on him since this is twice (in a row I think) where he's had to say that and it's going to stick in peoples' minds that the scientist doesn't know something.

Yeah, I'm a Catholic who went to Catholic school through high school. We studied evolution *gasp* , other religions *double gasp*, and had sex ed classes where we learned about birth control *triple gasp*. Ken Ham can bite my Catholic, science loving/believing ass.

So nothing will convince Ham the six, 24 hour day creation isn't true. So all his research is started to prove what he already believes, not what is the truth.

Nye admits that if there is proof then he would believe. But all the current evidence prove otherwise.

I was looking up some stuff on Michael Behe, a biochemist on the faculty Lehigh University who believes in intelligent design. His department at Lehigh, btw, has said that he's wrong. Anyhow, he also a fellow of the Discovery Institute. Under the list of Discovery Institute Fellows on Wikipedia, under Categories: it list Intelligent Design advocates and Pseudoscientists. I love it!

Ham totally dodged the question if he would still believe in God and Jesus as the Son if there was evidence of the earth being older, with saying there was no evidence. Does that mean is whole belief system is that shaky that if the earth ended up being older than he thinks he wouldn't believe?

I love how Ham is trying to redefine "literally" so he can avoid answering the question of whether or not he takes the whole Bible literally.

I love how Ham is trying to redefine "literally" so he can avoid answering the question of whether or not he takes the whole Bible literally.

Bill owned him in his response.

I know, right? He just makes up things when backed into a corner.

Archived