IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars & More Duggars - General Discussion Part 3

happy atheist

Seriously, this is why you shouldn't let your children name your children. If I let my son name the baby I'm carrying now, he'd probably go with Captain Tummy or something equally ridiculous. JB & M need to parent the heck up already. Not that THAT'S going to happen any time soon...

Well, why shouldn't the real parents name the baby? That's certainly not JB and Michelle.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. Naming a child isn't normally something to be delegated to the offspring. Especially with the good chance that they'll come up with a name that is faddish, improper, or just not a good one. I always wondered if the voting was something suggested by production just to provide episode fodder.

JFK wanted to name Ted George Washington Kennedy because Ted was born on Washington's 200th birthday. Joe and Rose obviously overruled it.

JFK wanted to name Ted George Washington Kennedy because Ted was born on Washington's 200th birthday. Joe and Rose obviously overruled it.

I named my brother after a cartoon rat. A story which he loves to tell people now.

Which really young duggar child wanted to name jordyn (or was it Josie) "giraffe?" She was like, 2 or 3, it was Jennifer or Johannah I think...

Which really young duggar child wanted to name jordyn (or was it Josie) "giraffe?" She was like, 2 or 3, it was Jennifer or Johannah I think...

It was Hannie

The only cartoon rat I can think of is Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Pinky and the Brain were laboratory mice and Mickey and Minnie are mice, too. No. I'm not asking your brother's name, but I assume it wasn't Shredder!

Here for you enjoyment is the Pinky and the Brain theme song:

4SzSKPZgAJw

The only cartoon rat I can think of is Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Pinky and the Brain were laboratory mice and Mickey and Minnie are mice, too. No. I'm not asking your brother's name, but I assume it wasn't Shredder!

Here for you enjoyment is the Pinky and the Brain theme song:

4SzSKPZgAJw

Oh I'll tell you. It was Justin from the Don Bluth Secret of Nimh. My first crush.

I have a friend who let her oldest daughter help choose a name for her younger sister. When my friend was pregnant, she and her husband set it up as a sort of lottery. Both parents and the girl wrote their favorite names on slips of paper, and then my friend picked a name at random. This was done with the understanding that if the daughter's suggestion was selected, the parents got the final say in whether or not the name would be used for the new baby.

The daughter's paper was picked, both parents liked the name she had chosen (which was sensible), and that's how baby sister got her name.

I can sort of see the logic here - my friend had already used her favorite name for a girl on her first child, and wasn't as selective about what her second would be called.

I hadn't thought about that before, but it's a likely scenario.

If we'd left the baby naming up to our older kids, the youngest would be named Popsicle Stick.

Left to the older kids, our second daughter would have been either Macaroni or Horse.

When my husband was born, his older brother wanted the new baby to be named after him. Their parents told him that just wasn't going to happen, so the brother angrily said, "Fine! Then just call him 'Boobie Baby.'"

When my youngest was born my 3yo son had a (surprisingly sensible) name picked out. He was so disappointed and upset we didn't use it. He refused to called the baby anything else for 6 months. It took him nearly 3 months for him to hear of anyone else using the baby's real name. He's determined, if nothing else (obviously not enough blanket training).

My sister's choice for what she would name a baby is T-Rex for a boy or Butterfly for a girl. She is 5. Kids shouldn't name babies (unless they've picked something normal, but most of the time they will want to name it something funny). I chose my five year old sister's middle name, after a song that I liked.

Tangential, but my mom had a name picked out and then my dad and grandfather changed it while she was recovering post-birth. I guess they figured she was only 22, what did she know? :roll: The name she wanted, although a "full name" everywhere else in the world, was considered a nickname for something longer in Russia so they gave me the longer name because it was more "appropriate". (Like you know how Libby is sometimes a nickname for Elizabeth? Well, it's like my mom wanted Libby and they put Elizabeth on the birth certificate.) DOUCHEY. She's still kind of annoyed about it 30 years later, but I actually like my full name better. :lol:

Intent in this case means that a layperson can confer the sacrament without a priest in a time of distress. What the grandmother did can never be held up as a valid sacrament because there was no emergency and also because there is no intent to raise the child Christian. Infant baptism is not some sort of magic spell to be conferred. It is, at the most basic level, a promise to raise the child in the church community until the child reaches the decision to continue or not on their own.

Makes sense.

Tangential, but my mom had a name picked out and then my dad and grandfather changed it while she was recovering post-birth. I guess they figured she was only 22, what did she know? :roll: The name she wanted, although a "full name" everywhere else in the world, was considered a nickname for something longer in Russia so they gave me the longer name because it was more "appropriate". (Like you know how Libby is sometimes a nickname for Elizabeth? Well, it's like my mom wanted Libby and they put Elizabeth on the birth certificate.) DOUCHEY. She's still kind of annoyed about it 30 years later, but I actually like my full name better. :lol:

I love the different forms of Russian names! My two Russian teachers are Nadezhda (Nadia) & Nataliya (Natasha). Their children all have equally beautiful names and I am quite jealous of them having the option of 2/3 names each. I would feel cheated if I only had the informal version of my name - personal opinion only, of course.

Anyone know who the guy in between Josiah and Trace is? I feel like I've seen him and or we have discussed him before.

post-4896-1445199858887_thumb.jpg

Anyone know who the guy in between Josiah and Trace is? I feel like I've seen him and or we have discussed him before.

I dont... but is that Josiah with a crutch? What fate has befallen him now?

Is that Skylar Weiss?

Is that Skylar Weiss?

Not to familiar with the Weiss family but I know they were there that night so make sense.

I dont... but is that Josiah with a crutch? What fate has befallen him now?

Shot through the foot with a nail gun?

Not to familiar with the Weiss family but I know they were there that night so make sense.

It is Skylar Weiss, he has a very pretty sister too, Peyton, so I remember them.

Oh, is that Skylar? He looked different for some reason. He sure has been hanging around a lot. All the Bates girls are taken now (I still think Tori's too young) so maybe he's got his eye on a Duggar.

Oh, is that Skylar? He looked different for some reason. He sure has been hanging around a lot. All the Bates girls are taken now (I still think Tori's too young) so maybe he's got his eye on a Duggar.

Jana ? I hope it's Jana. Poor girl needs to escape.

Anyone speculating on a possible Duggar-Bates courtship based on the Christmas visit ?

Archived