IGNORED

Doug Phillips (is a tool) resigning!

Slt

Could Dougie be bisexual? My ex is super fundie & super effiminate & deeply in the closet. He trolls truck stops for male prostitutes & picks up hitchhikers in exchange for sex. But at the same time, he has affairs with women. Women are crazy about him. (And if he gets caught, he can just publicly admit his sin, cry in front of the church & all is forgiven. He might be removed from his "ministry" position in the church for a few months, but then all is forgotten. It's happened before.)

He always used the Bill Clinton definition of sex - no p in v, therefore he did not have sex with that woman. I'm pretty sure the phrase "I did not know her in the biblical way" just means no missionary position sex - I'm sure Dougie's tool got plenty of use, one way or another.

Yep. Exactly this. I got this info when it first came out on a fundie homeschool women FB page I'm on. One of the women pointed that out- in the "biblical way" means PIV sex. She thought the way that he specifically said that meant that they had done everything up to PIV. So, even the fundies are not being fooled.

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crap, I was too busy being gleeful over the whole Mayor Ford fiasco yesterday and missed this!

Halloween 2013 was a double blessing for us Canadian freejingerites, wasn't it? :D

I wonder what they were caught doing. I wonder who caught them. I don't care to know who it was, and I hope her identity remains hidden forever, so that Doug has to bear 100% of the humiliation. In communities like Dougie's, women face way more blame than men for illicit relations. I wanna see a patriarchal leader get a taste of his own medicine.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Vision forum is a cult.

Lori Alexander is a monster.

FWIW, Dougie's Wikipedia page has been updated with:

"He resigned as president of Vision Forum Ministries on October 30, 2013 after confessing to an inappropriate relationship with a woman."

Wow, and Chris is not all that sympathetic. I guess he's ready to expand his market share!

Anyone else shocked that a Jeub-ling knows there is such a song as ITEOTWAWKI, let alone is able to quote from it?

Can't right now or else I would--someone might want to screen cap the Christian Graduations and Young Ladies blog of Doug's on the ministry site.

Anyone else shocked that a Jeub-ling knows there is such a song as ITEOTWAWKI, let alone is able to quote from it?

Yup. I wonder if they've just heard other people say it and don't really get that it's a reference to a heathen mainstream song. I feel defrauded.

In rereading his resignation/contrition letter, I'm somewhat but not really amazed by the fact that he still styles himself "Doug Phillips, Esq", even while repenting to both his lord as his flock. Such a toolish move. My friend's new husband is a bit stuck up, and their wedding thank you notes had return address labels saying Mr. and Mrs. hisfirstname hislastname, Esq. Very gauche, in the opinion of Dr. Haligh the Liar, PhD.

Have just gotten caught up on the second half of this thread, and done a bit of digging online. There's still no mention of this in any mainstream press that I can find, in San Antonio or anywhere else.

Scott Brown (or someone at NCFIC) is posting lots of pics from this weekend's conference on the NCFIC home page and FB page, including one of a smiling Elizabeth Botkin (see below). I don't think the Botkins would be attending a big fundie to-do this weekend if they were in any way involved in Dougie's little drama.

And, it was, definitely, the nanny-who-must-not-be-named who told Jen Epstein's daughter Natasha, "I can't talk to you anymore," per page 119 of Kathryn Joyce's excellent book "Quiverfull," which contains beaucoup info on Doug, Beall, and the absolute snake pit that is Vision Forum. A highly-recommended read, for those interested.

2niqsgj.jpg

ETA: I really can figure out how to add an image to a post, given enough time... :embarrassed:

Can I just publiclally confess it took me a while to realise ITEOTWAWKI wasn't the end of the Mayan calender? :embarrassed:

Disappointed that Wartburg Watch had nothing today.

Not to sidetrack, but when / where did we learn that Doug & Be-all condemned his sitter Alessandra?

In rereading his resignation/contrition letter, I'm somewhat but not really amazed by the fact that he still styles himself "Doug Phillips, Esq", even while repenting to both his lord as his flock. Such a toolish move. My friend's new husband is a bit stuck up, and their wedding thank you notes had return address labels saying Mr. and Mrs. hisfirstname hislastname, Esq. Very gauche, in the opinion of Dr. Haligh the Liar, PhD.

Eh, technically speaking, esquire is for anyone that's licensed to practice law. It has nothing to do with religion or social rank. Assuming Doug the Tool hasn't had his degree revoked, there isn't anything wrong with continuing to use it.

BTW, how old are his kids? I haven't seen it written anywhere.

Is this the jezebel homewrecker? She's pretty. lol

No - this is Elizabeth Botkin. She's attending the NCFIC "Worship of God" conference this weekend, where her father Geoff is one of the speakers. I think their presence at such a major fundie event rules out any Botkin family involvement in Doug's sorry mess. My last post wasn't as organized as it should have been - sorry for any confusion.

[quote

Eh, technically speaking, esquire is for anyone that's licensed to practice law. It has nothing to do with religion or social rank. Assuming Doug the Tool hasn't had his degree revoked, there isn't anything wrong with continuing to use it.

quote]

Yea, but to use it in this "confession/resignation" letter seems pretty cocky & like "we get it, you're a lawyer who cheats, cool!" :roll:

I know plenty of lawyers, and none of them ever put that esq. stuff out there unless it is on legal documents. Seems douchy to me (what a shock, Doug Phillips is a tool) like ph.Ds insisting on being called Dr. So and thus.

No - this is Elizabeth Botkin. She's attending the NCFIC "Worship of God" conference this weekend, where her father Geoff is one of the speakers. I think their presence at such a major fundie event rules out any Botkin family involvement in Doug's sorry mess. My last post wasn't as organized as it should have been - sorry for any confusion.

I've always thought that the blonde one was Elizabeth. You really DO learn something new every day on FJ :wink-kitty:

Disappointed that Wartburg Watch had nothing today.

Not to sidetrack, but when / where did we learn that Doug & Be-all condemned his sitter Alessandra?

TWW has a post up about the resignation: http://thewartburgwatch.com/2013/11/02/ ... fidelilty/

I've been perusing google to see what others are saying about Doug Phillips (who is a tool) and his resignation and I've noticed that we aren't the only ones that picked up on the fact that he only mentions resigning from the non-profit arm of Vision Forum.

I've been perusing google to see what others are saying about Doug Phillips (who is a tool) and his resignation and I've noticed that we aren't the only ones that picked up on the fact that he only mentions resigning from the non-profit arm of Vision Forum.

I was googling too. Someone said that there is more to the story, and she thought that an agreement might have been made where the woman keeps quiet and he resigns. But I don't think it's over yet. Someone is going to spill everything. Somewhere out there is a wife who has come to the realization that she has been treated like shit by her husband because of Doug Philips (is a tool)'s teachings. She has inside info and is going to spill. Hell hath no fury like a pissed off woman. Has anyone noticed Renee and Perry's gradual changes in the past couple of years? I don't think it's a coincidence and can't help but wonder if the people at VF knew that something was going on but kept quiet because they wanted to keep their jobs. Maybe LiaS started changing when they realized that their leader was not practicing what he preached.

I think that Dougie's resignation is just the tip of the iceberg and that there is a ton of stuff under the ice that we do not know about.

You just know its only a matter of time before they drag this women out in public so they can shame her. Of course, it will all be under the guise of concern for her eternal soul--she needs to repent before all and ask for forgiveness dontcha know.

I can see that happening. I briefly attended a Church of Christ because my roommate went and as I was new in town I thought I'd get to know some people. I quit going after she told me that a divorced woman in the congregation had a one-night stand with a married Elder. She felt tremendous guilt, so turned him down when he suggested a repeat.

For whatever reason, the man then went to the head Elder of the church (who was also his best friend) and confessed privately. After talking for a while and praying together the man was sent home to his family with no further repercussions. However, during the next service the woman was brought up before the congregation, which included her 10 year old daughter, and her crime of sleeping with a married man was announced. She stood there sobbing while being treated to scorn, and humiliation was piled on her. She was only allowed to answer "yes" when she was asked if she repented, then she was given a written statement to read aloud and told to only read the words that had been written for her by the church Elder. She had to admit to her sin without naming the man she'd slept with, repent again, and then ask the congregation for forgiveness.

I have no idea of why she didn't grab her kid and leave. I was even further astounded when I realized that she was still attending the church!

I do know that eventually the man's name filtered through the congregation and several families left because they didn't agree that the woman should be treated so shamefully while the man got off with a slap on the hand and the promise of confidentiality.

What's happening to the Tool and his emotional mister/mistress is happening on a much larger scale. I don't know how all the people involved are going to deal with it. The fallout is going to be astronomical for some of them.

BTW, how old are his kids? I haven't seen it written anywhere.

Actually it is exactly about social rank. It used to be used for gentry who did not have a title but is now commonly used by any male to denote.........being male :lol: Shakespeare used to mock it's use apparently as far back as the 16th century, I just thought as did Mr Shakespeare that Doug was just being a wanker by using it :lol:

It is only in the US it has anything at all to do with the legal profession.

Archived