IGNORED

A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones (Spoilers) (Merged)

ophelia

I was so bored last episode. I have never been bored during a Game of Thrones episode. Except maybe the ones that were really heavy on north of the Wall stuff. But last week was a complete snoozefest to me. Hopefully this week's is better.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried many times to get caught up with GoT. I finally stopped midway through season 3 when it became too violent for me to stomach (and I wasn't, erm, enamoured by the frequent gratuitous nudity). I've been told it gets better and/or worse. Is it worth trying to sit through another 2 1/2 seasons?

The violence is too much! I couldn't watch that Sam scene. I cheered when Jon's direwolf saved the day. Can someone explain the timeline to me, please? Shouldn't Gilly's baby be a toddler by now? If Mercella & Tommen have aged, shouldn't the baby? YASS, Cersi is fixing to get hers!

The violence is too much! I couldn't watch that Sam scene. I cheered when Jon's direwolf saved the day. Can someone explain the timeline to me, please? Shouldn't Gilly's baby be a toddler by now? If Mercella & Tommen have aged, shouldn't the baby? YASS, Cersi is fixing to get hers!

I think they aged Myrcella and Tommen for the same reasons they aged Jon, Robb, Sansa, Dany, Arya, and Viserys. Only the show runners either didn't realize during initial casting that M&T would need to be aged later, or they figured they could wait. There is a certain line of creepiness that even HBO can't cross, and that's marrying children to other children and adults.

I really enjoyed the banter between Dany and Tyrion this week...wanted more!

Yes! Those were my favorite bits from this week. Other than the Cersei scenes, of course. It's so good to see her finally reaping the just rewards of all her plotting.

I was on the edge of my seat for all of the Hardhome scenes. And the ending.. wow.

(Snarky comment about obviously that's where the budget when and no wonder the Sand Snakes fight like drunken donkeys.)

I was on the edge of my seat for all of the Hardhome scenes. And the ending.. wow.

(Snarky comment about obviously that's where the budget when and no wonder the Sand Snakes fight like drunken donkeys.)

There was a bit of a build up about the and Snakes before the series started, how they are Oberyn's daughters and totally badass, but once we got to see them in action, it was all rather disappointing...

:lol: @ drunken donkeys!

Dany and Tyrion's banter was great, as was Cersei's fall from grace. So nice to see her grimy and imprisoned, couldn't happen to a nicer person. The ending was awesome - and certainly makes "winter is Coming" a lot more ominous.

I almost couldn't hang during the last ten minutes. I don't like those... creatures *shudders*

I almost couldn't hang during the last ten minutes. I don't like those... creatures *shudders*

Yeah, I don't think Jon Snow was too enamoured of them either.

So, what did everyone think of last night's episode? crazy no?

One of the best so far. I need to do some googling on the "fire" scene (not being specific because I cant find the spoiler tag). I dont remember that from the books and I missed the motive.

One of the best so far. I need to do some googling on the "fire" scene (not being specific because I cant find the spoiler tag). I dont remember that from the books and I missed the motive.

I don't think it was in the books at all. the books have Asha being there instead, which just hasn't shown up at all. and the Shireen thing wasn't there.

Looks like the show is caught up with the books completely now..... I really hope he gets book 6 out before season 6 at least!! (we are screwed on Season 7, but I'll watch, then read anyway)

Shireen is still at Castle Black in the books, hanging out with Wun Wun. She's also with that creepy guy (Patchface) who didn't make the show. And the wildling lady - Val - is terrified of her, because of the greyscale.

I don't think it was in the books at all. the books have Asha being there instead, which just hasn't shown up at all. and the Shireen thing wasn't there.

Looks like the show is caught up with the books completely now..... I really hope he gets book 6 out before season 6 at least!! (we are screwed on Season 7, but I'll watch, then read anyway)

One thing isnt caught up... John Snow... I'm guessing that is the finale.

Ok this confirms what I heard online. I don't watch the show anymore, but I do read spoilers and recaps online because I have read all the books.

I'm not certain I understand where they are going with this. I know comparing show and book is useless, because it's not the same thing anymore. And some changes don't bother me (like Jaime and Bronn going to Dorne for example, or Tyrion meeting Dany earlier than planned). But at the same time, DandD have said that the characters on the show will end up at the same place as they do in the books, but they'll be taking a different route to get there. They also said the series might go a bit further than the books. Which scares me, and makes me believe we have been fed a spoiler from the next books.

It seems odd, because whilst book!Stannis was never really that affectionate with Shireen, I don't see him doing such a thing. Yes he was willing to burn Edric Storm to the stake, but Edric was not his own son. He was his brother's bastard. And we all know there was no love between Stannis and his bros. Besides, after reading Mel's POV chapters in ADWD, I really don't see her as an evil mastermind. It surprises me she could convince Stannis of doing such a thing. I guess show!Mel is not the same. :shrug:

It will teach me to read spoilers though. I'm scared the finale will reveal too much stuff. Lesson: From now on, I'm staying away from anything related to this show. Maybe except this thread. ;)

I think what Sunday proved is that Melissandre is a religious fanatic to her core. There is nothing else for her than the service of R'llor. There is no good, there is no evil for her, there is just the goal of obedience to her God.

This show has me laid out! Just when I was beginning to feel some type of way for Stannis, he goes to prove he's the same stone cold :censor2: I was hoping against hope that baby had some dragon blood in her. In my version, Shireen would've burned that smug look off Meli's face. I also have no sympathy for the mama. Too little, too late. No way in Hades would Uncle Davos allow such foolishness!

Just a week or two after Stannis' speech to Shireen saying "you are the Princess Shireen of House Baratheon and you are my daughter" when referencing the time she was afflicted with stoneskin - you could see he loved her.

And now this week :cry:

I hate Melisandre with a passion. Davos is going to go OFF when he finds out - although I suspect he knew something was up...

Well, that was an interesting episode!! I didn't see the Stannis piece coming at all...or Myrcella

They hinted at Myrcella's death with the opening flashback. Remember Cersei with the Woods Witch? Her prophecy is that she'll have 3 children and see them all in golden shrouds. I was kind of impressed at how they foreshadowed that in the first scene, then dispatched her in the final episode.

After Stannis's sacrifice, I'm glad to see him go and glad Brienne fulfilled her vow.

Really hoping we get a new book out soon, before Season 6. :geek:

They hinted at Myrcella's death with the opening flashback. Remember Cersei with the Woods Witch? Her prophecy is that she'll have 3 children and see them all in golden shrouds. I was kind of impressed at how they foreshadowed that in the first scene, then dispatched her in the final episode.

After Stannis's sacrifice, I'm glad to see him go and glad Brienne fulfilled her vow.

Really hoping we get a new book out soon, before Season 6. :geek:

I'd forgotten about the witch!! nice!

I really hope the book is out too... GRRM said he's trying for that.

Well I am just devastated :cry: We also didn't actually see Stannis die, just as we didn't actually see The Hound die... :shifty-kitty:

Because...

they killed Jon Snow!! (or did they? Various theories on the internet, so they must be true include: Will he return in another form i.e. Ghost the dire wolf, or will Melisandre resurrect him? Or, as he allegedly has dragon's blood, being the son of Rhaegar Targaryen, will he be resurrected when the Nights Watch burn his body?)

Get writing G.R.R., we're all waiting...no pressure or anything. Enough with the media junkets, and get back into your study writing the next book.

Archived