IGNORED

A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones (Spoilers) (Merged)

ophelia

Daffydill, I agree. I don't count on anything we haven't been shown. I'm banking on the second theory in the spoiler. That evil witch better keep her paws off my boo. I was so happy to see Varys back spilling the tea with Tyrion. Dany or someone needs to release her other babies.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm impressed they kept an ending of such magnitude a secret until it aired. I know people who have read the books knew too, but I hadn't heard a word about it. No leaks from the set, nothing.

Ahh well, back to the books for me. 3/4 through the first one, so a long way to go.

Daffydill, I agree. I don't count on anything we haven't been shown. I'm banking on the second theory in the spoiler. That evil witch better keep her paws off my boo. I was so happy to see Varys back spilling the tea with Tyrion. Dany or someone needs to release her other babies.

Varys and Tyrion, together again!

Agree on the second theory...but also dying for GRRM to release the next book to find out for sure.

I can't wait for all three dragons to start flying around together. Those should be some great scenes, so long as they don't blow their CGI budget on the White Walkers.

I think that the show actually went out of it's way to not spoil book readers. I hope GRRM releases the next book before the next season.

Here's some spoilers for non-book readers:

I think only the war in the North was really spoiled (Stannis' death. Most assumed it was going to happen or it already happened off "screen" in the book. We know it won't be Brienne, but whatever.) Shireen is (in the books) currently at Castle Black with the Red Woman, and will probably go the same way. :-(

We know that Jaime's plot wasn't spoiled, because he never went to Dorne in the books. I think the show did a disservice to Jaime's character, but that's true of almost all of the characters.

The show held off on the Greyjoy subplot, and I think they will be filming that for season 6.

Arya: No spoilers for Winds of Winter. Everything in season 5 happened in Feast or Dance.

Sansa: No spoilers for Winds of Winter. Her storyline was combined with Jenye Poole for the show.

Brienne: No spoilers for Winds of Winter. Plot in the show is too different. I am sad that we didn't get the Quiet Isle and the speech about how the War affects the smallfolk.

Jon Snow: The actor says he won't be back. That still doesn't spoil the books, because the show didn't share all of his story in the books. Besides, the show DID have whats her stupid name show up at Castle Black, at the last minute. And the actor could be lying about him being resurrected. (Or not.)

Bran Stark: Wasn't even in season 5; because the show caught up with the books last season. So we aren't spoiled there.

Dany: ended exactly in the same place as Dance. Only with less dysentery.

Tyrion: Hasn't met Dany in the books yet. Does it matter though? Glad they cut out Penny. Not that I didn't like Penny, just not so MUCH Penny. Her story, like so many others was just depressing. Well, I guess these books in general are depressing.

No matter what Kit Harrington is saying, Jon Snow has to be resurrected, and not as a direwolf. All the dragons need human riders. The human riders have to have dragon's blood, ie be Targaryens. So far we only have 1 dragon rider, Danerys. The other two dragons need riders. Jon Snow is most likely Rhaegar's son. Only the third dragon rider is still a mystery.

I wish Lord Manderly was on the show. He is just so damn awesome in the books.

Archived