IGNORED

A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones (Spoilers) (Merged)

ophelia

That hour went too fast. Next week's episode is titled The Lion and the Rose. Royal wedding is happening.

Already?! There are going to be some awesome reactions to that one...

/has read the books

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already?! There are going to be some awesome reactions to that one...

/has read the books

/haven't read the books and am terrified!

So glad to find this over here finally!!!! (No walking dead thread either, hmm)...

I've read the books and am thoroughly enjoying the show...

favorite characters: Arya (although in the last couple books she isn't going where I want her to!!

Jaime

Tyrion

All the stuff in Mereeen (coming up) really bores me, but maybe they'll make it better. Although i do admit it was getting better toward the end of Book 5 or thereabouts. I don't want to say too much and ruin it for others :)

Loved last nights episode, Gleeson did a GReAT job dying

So glad to find this over here finally!!!! (No walking dead thread either, hmm)...

I've read the books and am thoroughly enjoying the show...

favorite characters: Arya (although in the last couple books she isn't going where I want her to!!

Jaime

Tyrion

All the stuff in Mereeen (coming up) really bores me, but maybe they'll make it better. Although i do admit it was getting better toward the end of Book 5 or thereabouts. I don't want to say too much and ruin it for others :)

Loved last nights episode, Gleeson did a GReAT job dying

I think that was actually one of the goriest deaths the show has ever done, and that is SAYING SOMETHING. *cringe*

I think that was actually one of the goriest deaths the show has ever done, and that is SAYING SOMETHING. *cringe*

I agree, they did a really good job on his make-up, and he's a fantastic actor. I so wish they hadn't killed him though, he was an excellent villain!

Well, I wasn't impressed with the shows depiction of the Jamie/Cersei "situation" much more rapey in the show, in the book she was all for it after a few seconds....

Glad to see other fans of GofT and ASOIAF on here. I'm currently reading the books and I've just started the 4th one (Feast for Crows). As for the show, I saw a few episodes of the first season but didn't continue on. I would like to see more of it though.

Yay!!! I forgot this thread existed!!!

I don't think I've ever been more excited about a death than I was to see Joffrey die. :cracking-up:

I loved Daenerys' speech at the gates of Mereen on Sunday. Freeing slaves is a brilliant way to build an army (not to mention morally right).

The show is now caught up to where I read in the books so I don't know anything else that's coming. Exciting!!!! :pink-shock: :popcorn2:

How the hell is Tyrion going to get out of this one??? I swear...if he dies...

Yay!!! I forgot this thread existed!!!

I don't think I've ever been more excited about a death than I was to see Joffrey die. :cracking-up:

I loved Daenerys' speech at the gates of Mereen on Sunday. Freeing slaves is a brilliant way to build an army (not to mention morally right).

The show is now caught up to where I read in the books so I don't know anything else that's coming. Exciting!!!! :pink-shock: :popcorn2:

How the hell is Tyrion going to get out of this one??? I swear...if he dies...

There's no way he can die. People would revolt. The show would lose its wit. Nope, Tyrion has to live. I'm thinking he might become a fugitive? Maybe meet up with Arya somewhere?

There's no way he can die. People would revolt. The show would lose its wit. Nope, Tyrion has to live. I'm thinking he might become a fugitive? Maybe meet up with Arya somewhere?

if only you knew!!! I could tell you, but I'm sure it'd ruin the suspense. Granted, I still don't know the very end of all things, since there are still 2 more books to come out!!!!grrr.

There's a photo of GRRM (do I have the correct acronym, for some reason that looks wrong) standing at a convention holding a sign that reads "Be nice to me or Tyrion is next." I wish I could find the picture again. It was on Tumblr a week or two ago.

There's a photo of GRRM (do I have the correct acronym, for some reason that looks wrong) standing at a convention holding a sign that reads "Be nice to me or Tyrion is next." I wish I could find the picture again. It was on Tumblr a week or two ago.

31278352.jpg

Well, as for last nights episode, they told you who really killed Joff a lot faster than the books do, that is for sure!

It was LittleFinger, but he was using Olenna as his pawn, but really he was the mastermind behind it. Not that she didn't want Joff dead, considering, so i don't think she minded being a pawn in this case.

I want to know more about the White Walkers. Apparently some of the internets are freaking out about the episode synopsis that HBO posted (and then edited) because they called that White Walker that turned the baby the "Night King." I don't see this as a spoiler (that might just be because I haven't read enough of the books to be putting plot points together. I do think it's fascinating and want to know more. more. More. MOAR!!!! :cray-cray: I've been (carefully) reading information about the lore of this "character" since I was alerted to this non-spoiler spoiler.

Ultimately, all of the fighting for the throne doesn't matter one little bit if the kingdoms don't get a handle on these ice zombies.

Interesting info (from my perspective as only a partial book reader): http://io9.com/this-accidental-game-of-thrones-spoiler-just-changed-1568796246

Are there any book readers with non-spoiley thoughts on this? :popcorn2:

I want to know more about the White Walkers. Apparently some of the internets are freaking out about the episode synopsis that HBO posted (and then edited) because they called that White Walker that turned the baby the "Night King." I don't see this as a spoiler (that might just be because I haven't read enough of the books to be putting plot points together. I do think it's fascinating and want to know more. more. More. MOAR!!!! :cray-cray: I've been (carefully) reading information about the lore of this "character" since I was alerted to this non-spoiler spoiler.

Ultimately, all of the fighting for the throne doesn't matter one little bit if the kingdoms don't get a handle on these ice zombies.

Interesting info (from my perspective as only a partial book reader): http://io9.com/this-accidental-game-of-thrones-spoiler-just-changed-1568796246

Are there any book readers with non-spoiley thoughts on this? :popcorn2:

I'm a book reader. It would have been better, IMO, if HBO had just left it instead of changing it.

Anyone know how to spoiler tag on tapatalk?

It was LittleFinger, but he was using Olenna as his pawn, but really he was the mastermind behind it. Not that she didn't want Joff dead, considering, so i don't think she minded being a pawn in this case.

Can someone that has read the book, explain how this supposedly happened? I've watched the ep a few times and I still can't figure out how is was possible, given just the people we know are involved from the show. I suggested maybe Shea was also involved before she got shipped off (or whatever happened to her). It's driving me crazy (and we all know how short that drive is!)

I'm a book reader. It would have been better, IMO, if HBO had just left it instead of changing it.

Anyone know how to spoiler tag on tapatalk?

According to the folks at tapatalk, the app can do all bb codes, so if you don't see a spoiler button available with your text box you should be able to use [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] to get the tags to work. You might want to preview it before submitting to make sure it works properly, though.

Also don't put spaces in between the [ and the first or last character. I just did that so the board wouldn't think I was making a spoiler tag of the word and :)

Can someone that has read the book, explain how this supposedly happened? I've watched the ep a few times and I still can't figure out how is was possible, given just the people we know are involved from the show. I suggested maybe Shea was also involved before she got shipped off (or whatever happened to her). It's driving me crazy (and we all know how short that drive is!)

In the book,

Littlefinger/Lord Baelish bragged to Sansa about how he went to Highgarden to arrange the match/create an alliance with the Tyrells. While there, he spread the rumors about what an evil monster Joffrey was, so that when the queen of thornes got to Kingslanding she would ask questions. She and Petyr conspired and Petyr had Ser Dontas deliver the hairnet. Sansa had to wear the crystallized poison in, so that she thought she would be culpable and therefore easier to manipulate. I imagine Olenna wanted to be able to keep Sansa under her thumb also - prior to Sansa being married to Tyrion, The tyrells had planned to marry her to Willas Tyrell. This was because in the book, Ser Loras had joined the Kingsguard and was unable to marry. Sansa told Ser Dontas who told littlefinger who told Cersai or Tywin. We don't know and I don't even have an idea of what Littlefinger's endgame is. He knew, however of Olenna's reputation to protect her family. She knew that Loras has a temper and would do something rash as a kings guard, watching Joffrey do his thing to Margery.

EDIT: hairnet was switched to necklace for show. Olenna adjusts sansas necklace and removes a stone. Later she puts the stone in Jeffrey's wine. I think it (that type of poison) was seen on the show before, beginning of season 2 maybe.

Littlefinger also arranged for the troupe of dwarves as to create tension with Tyrion. It wasn't clear to me if he was intentionally trying to frame Tyrion.

I apologize for my spelling. It is not easy to type on an iPad, and I hate iOS autocorrect.

In the book,

Littlefinger/Lord Baelish bragged to Sansa about how he went to Highgarden to arrange the match/create an alliance with the Tyrells. While there, he spread the rumors about what an evil monster Joffrey was, so that when the queen of thornes got to Kingslanding she would ask questions. She and Petyr conspired and Petyr had Ser Dontas deliver the hairnet. Sansa had to wear the crystallized poison in, so that she thought she would be culpable and therefore easier to manipulate. I imagine Olenna wanted to be able to keep Sansa under her thumb also - prior to Sansa being married to Tyrion, The tyrells had planned to marry her to Willas Tyrell. This was because in the book, Ser Loras had joined the Kingsguard and was unable to marry. Sansa told Ser Dontas who told littlefinger who told Cersai or Tywin. We don't know and I don't even have an idea of what Littlefinger's endgame is. He knew, however of Olenna's reputation to protect her family. She knew that Loras has a temper and would do something rash as a kings guard, watching Joffrey do his thing to Margery.

EDIT: hairnet was switched to necklace for show. Olenna adjusts sansas necklace and removes a stone. Later she puts the stone in Jeffrey's wine. I think it (that type of poison) was seen on the show before, beginning of season 2 maybe.

Littlefinger also arranged for the troupe of dwarves as to create tension with Tyrion. It wasn't clear to me if he was intentionally trying to frame Tyrion.

I apologize for my spelling. It is not easy to type on an iPad, and I hate iOS autocorrect.

Great summary! It's alwasy more complex in the books, due to more characters and all.

• 2 weeks later...

Next few episodes should be pretty good! There have already been so many changes from the books and they sped up some of the characters timelines drastically. I'm wondering how they are going to drag it out until GRRM catches up. Or will book readers be spoiled by the show?

I keep waiting for things that I read to happen on the show. Funny though, in the recap I read nobody said anything about crazy Lysa. She's as nuts as anything. And her son is too.

I want to see Tyrion do his thing.

I keep waiting for things that I read to happen on the show. Funny though, in the recap I read nobody said anything about crazy Lysa. She's as nuts as anything. And her son is too.

I want to see Tyrion do his thing.

well, the big Lysa episode looks like it is next week (preview). And I'm sure they are leaving Tyrion's moment for the end!

Archived