IGNORED

A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones (Spoilers) (Merged)

ophelia

I have a Benjen Stark question. What do you guys think, dead or not dead? In the last book I almost thought he was the White Walker helping Bran reach his "teacher" but I got the hint of an allusion that this White Walker was dead long before Benjen Stark was born. Not sure though. What say you?

I assumed he was the white walker. Just made sense. I think if he was dead, Jon would have found evidence of it when he was north of the wall. Could the white walker, if not Benjen, be someone important and we're supposed to "know" who it is?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a Benjen Stark question. What do you guys think, dead or not dead? In the last book I almost thought he was the White Walker helping Bran reach his "teacher" but I got the hint of an allusion that this White Walker was dead long before Benjen Stark was born. Not sure though. What say you?

I think Benjen is dead or a White Walker. I don't think he was the White Walker helping Bran because he would have recognized his uncle.

I also think that Jon is the son of Eddard Stark's sister and Prince Rhaegor and that Eddard kept it a secret so he would not be killed as a potential Targaryen claimant to the throne and a rival to King Robert Baratheon.

I also think that Rob is the son of Eddard Stark's sister and Prince Rhaegor and that Eddard kept it a secret so he would not be killed as a potential Targaryen claimant to the throne and a rival to King Robert Baratheon.

Do you mean Jon? I don't think there's any doubt that Robb is Ned and Catelyn's son.

On another topic, who is Patchface, do you think? He must surely be someone important.

Do you mean Jon? I don't think there's any doubt that Robb is Ned and Catelyn's son.

On another topic, who is Patchface, do you think? He must surely be someone important.

Yes I meant Jon. Posted to fast and didn't review it. I'll fix it.

That is the 65,000 Gold Dragon question. I would be interested if anyone would take a stab at that. He's definitely important but so far I have not been able to put my finger on why.

That is the 65,000 Gold Dragon question. I would be interested if anyone would take a stab at that. He's definitely important but so far I have not been able to put my finger on why.

My husband thinks it's possible he is Varys, but I think Varys spends too much time in King's Landing, and it's often stated that Patchface never leaves Shireen's side.

I think he has something to do with the Drowned God, but not sure how, as the DG hasn't got much to do with the story to date.

There is also the hints given by Val that Shireen's greyscale is still dangerous, when everyone else thinks it's not deadly in children. Any ideas what that's about?

Ohh, I kind of like that theory about Varys, though your right Patchface is written as never leaving Shireen's side. I guess there always could be more than one Patchface. Varys is a master of disguise. I want to go through the books again where Patchface is mentioned, see if there are any little clues.

• 6 months later...

Am resurrecting this thread because I got the 'Game of Thrones' itch again. Can't wait for the show to start!

Who else thinks that Dany might turn 'dark' or 'evil'? I am not sure if she has a handle on stuff any more and I think she's learning the corrupting power of politics the hard way. I wonder if she might actually become a real threat to the Seven Kingdoms.

Also: Alayne Stone/Stark - I have a feeling she has a bigger role to play in events to come.

Aaaaand here's the 64,000 gold dragon question: when do you think 'Winds of Winter' will be released?

I just started reading this series. I watched the first season first and loved it so I decided to read the books. I am only 3/4 of the way through the first but love it.

Redhottmess, if you're just reading the books now, STAY AWAY FROM THIS THREAD!11!! Too many spoilers :)

Enjoy! You'll feel lost and lonely in the world once you've finished the (still incompleted) series.

God, I really regret getting into this series before it was finished! I blazed through the first five and now I have to sit and wait like some kind of sucker. If only I had waited like fifteen years so I could knock it out in one go.

I rushed through the first three but since I know there could be years (if ever) before book 6 and 7 (or however many depending on if he decides to split another book or three) I started over before jumping into Feast of Crows/Dance of Dragons. It's HARD.

These books are SO GOOD!

God, I really regret getting into this series before it was finished! I blazed through the first five and now I have to sit and wait like some kind of sucker. If only I had waited like fifteen years so I could knock it out in one go.

You took the words right out of my mouth, as Meatloaf might sing.

The books are really good. But I find I'm ANGRY all the time reading them because he keeps killing people I like. I think the White Walker who helped Bran kept his face covered? So he could still be the uncle? I'm worried Martin will take too long on the books and we'll end up with a Robert Jordan situation (died before the series was finished) :?

The books are really good. But I find I'm ANGRY all the time reading them because he keeps killing people I like. I think the White Walker who helped Bran kept his face covered? So he could still be the uncle? I'm worried Martin will take too long on the books and we'll end up with a Robert Jordan situation (died before the series was finished) :?

God forbid, NOOOOOOOO!!

For those of us concerned:

edited a gazillion times because I don't know how to embed youtube videos :oops:

Agreed. I'm about to start re-reading them, because I blazed through them so fast I think I missed a lot of details. I'm definitely not looking forward to waiting, particularly if the wait for the next one is anything like the wait for Dance with Dragons.

When first looking into the books, someone told me, "Don't get too attached to any one character," and that has sure proven to be true!

Redhottmess, if you're just reading the books now, STAY AWAY FROM THIS THREAD!11!! Too many spoilers :)

Enjoy! You'll feel lost and lonely in the world once you've finished the (still incompleted) series.

I am ok about spoilers, I actually like them somewhat.

• 3 weeks later...

All I care about for Winds of Winter is:

1. Whatever the hell is up with Tyrion and Dany....because Dany bored the shit out of me last book...and Tyrion is the best thing ever....

2. I wonder if Jon Snow

is really dead. I have a feeling Mel probaly resurrects him somewhat though. I can't picture GRRM killing him off quite yet...

1. Whatever the hell is up with Tyrion and Dany....because Dany bored the shit out of me last book...and Tyrion is the best thing ever....

2. I wonder if Jon Snow

is really dead. I have a feeling Mel probaly resurrects him somewhat though. I can't picture GRRM killing him off quite yet...

He can't be, I'm convinced he's the son of the princess that Ned was in love with and thus the third head of the dragon.

2. I wonder if Jon Snow

No way he's

dead! He's the son of Lyanna and Raegar and with Daenerys and her nephew will come forth to defeat the undead. :D

Exactly! That's what I was trying to say, but I wasn't clever enough to put it behind a spoiler on tapa, so I didn't want to spell it out.

I'm so looking forward to the next book.

Although I do think he's the son of Ned and the last Targarean (spelling?) princess

I think I'm going to have to re-read all of the books just to keep it all straight before Winds of Winter comes out. I'm not too hopeful about that happening anytime soon, although I guess the re-reading should last me a while... I'm with everyone here on Jon's true identity. It makes sense. Jon, Tyrion & Arya are my favorite characters, so I guess I'm lucky they're all still around (I have faith in Jon's fate)!

Jon Snow is the son of Ned Starks sister and Prince Rhaeghaor. Daenys saw the truth of it when she saw her visions and saw the blue roses (his mothers favorite flowers) on the wall of ice. She was trying to run away with him (he didnt kidnap her) - that is what started Roberts' war.

Ned found her bleeding out on the bed after childbirth, and the promise he swore to keep was Jon's lineage. It explains why Jon looks so much like Ned (as does Arya, who looks remarkably like her Aunt as well), but all the other children in the family look like Catelyn - the Stark "look" is seen more through those that resemble Lyssa Stark.

Jon is not dead - he is shapeshifter and is shifted into Ghost - the shapeshifter walking through the gates with the Wildings recongized him as one right away. Ghost was not killed (or even harmed as far as the reader can tell) in the last chapter. *All* the stark children are shapeshifters to one degree or another - but particular the boys.

• 1 month later...

Please tell me there are fellow fans here (books and/or show).

I tried searching for a thread. This is my first real trip into the "worldly distraction" realm, haha...so it's possible that I missed it. If so, I apologize.

But...I read the first 2 books and I'm obsessed with the show. I'm fiddling with reading the third book (I'm about 50 pages deep), but I'm in law school and coming up on finals so reading along with the show isn't really realistic.

Anyway...I love all of it and I know there have to be Jinger people who do too. I would love to hear some FJ dialogue on these characters. (Again...sorry if I'm missing this discussion elsewhere).

* Joffrey sucks.

** I want to be Daenerys.

Archived