IGNORED

Erin & Chad are offical...

silverspoons

[attachment=0]ErinAndI.jpg[/attachment]

I am proud of them. Who is not afraid to show touching besides hands? They are! :cracking-up:

I bet none of the ebil kissing before marriage. :lol: I always feel sorry for couples who have to have their first kiss in front of a ton of people. First kisses are awkward enough all ready. The thing is, if you are committed to not having sex before marriage and it isn't just the parents who are making that commitment for their adult children, a kiss will not lead to sex.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet none of the ebil kissing before marriage. :lol: I always feel sorry for couples who have to have their first kiss in front of a ton of people. First kisses are awkward enough all ready. The thing is, if you are committed to not having sex before marriage and it isn't just the parents who are making that commitment for their adult children, a kiss will not lead to sex.

And so much is made of that first kiss that it probably doesn't help the awkwardness in that moment.

And so much is made of that first kiss that it probably doesn't help the awkwardness in that moment.

Do you think Gil will make a big deal of it ala JimBoob? "HERE, we have today two pure virgins who have CHOSEN the BRAVE path of saving their first kiss for their wedding day!" he says over the microphone to the entire audience plus the camera crew that will be broadcasting this to millions(?) of people.

No pressure or anything.

(Okay, is it just me, or does anyone else believe that Erin and Chad have found a way to sneak a kiss in here or there?)

Fundies always act like having romantic physical contact will somehow take away from the relationship. Or they say that if they have kiss they won't be able to concentrate on getting to know each other. I've heard it said that physical contact will distract from getting to know the person. But the truth of the matter is that you can kiss, touch and even have sex and without being so distracted that you can't get to know the other person really well. And that is the truth that fundie parents want to hide from their kids.

Fundies always act like having romantic physical contact will somehow take away from the relationship. Or they say that if they have kiss they won't be able to concentrate on getting to know each other. I've heard it said that physical contact will distract from getting to know the person. But the truth of the matter is that you can kiss, touch and even have sex and without being so distracted that you can't get to know the other person really well. And that is the truth that fundie parents want to hide from their kids.

Yep and hiding this truth also helps fundie parents, who worry over their children's purity, assure themselves that purity is maintained first and foremost. And they don't want to think of their adult children as being sexual except within marriage. Because for it to happen outside of it is just unthinkable.

The more I think of it it's more to reassure the parent's insecurities rather doing any good for their kids.

They put so much emphasis on purity thinking that it will mean a better relationship, but that is not true. Marriage creates problems if the people are not responsible enough to handle it correctly.

While I am thrilled (*thrilled*) that they are touching each other before the wedding, that is the awkwardest engagement picture I've ever seen. It might be all right if they were out in a park some where, but who does a piggy back picture in front of a formal blue portrait background? Also, Chad looks like he might have just been tased, or attacked by Erin's hair, which looks lovely but is still big.

I would not be caught dead in any of those modest wedding dresses from the links posted. The long-sleeved ones look more like old fashioned nightgowns than wedding dresses. But that's just me.

In the comment section of the post about Michael's trip, Kelly say Erin picked an immodest dress that will be altered. Erin had picked out a modest dress, but she didn't like it after trying it on.

I think the pics they posted are actually kind of cute. There seem to be quite a few pics where they are pressed against each other. It's like fundy dry humping without the movement. They are probably the only fundy couple I have seen that look like they are both looking forward to the wedding night. They do not look awkward together like so many other fundies.

Yeah, I don't think there will be any awkwardness on the wedding night. Hell, who knows, maybe they've been sneaking off for some sweet fellowshipping once in a while.

While I am thrilled (*thrilled*) that they are touching each other before the wedding, that is the awkwardest engagement picture I've ever seen. It might be all right if they were out in a park some where, but who does a piggy back picture in front of a formal blue portrait background? Also, Chad looks like he might have just been tased, or attacked by Erin's hair, which looks lovely but is still big.

OK, so it wasn't just me. It is a very awkward picture looking though they seem happy though.

In the comment section of the post about Michael's trip, Kelly say Erin picked an immodest dress that will be altered. Erin had picked out a modest dress, but she didn't like it after trying it on.

Makes me wonder what they'll do to a strapless dress to make it 'modest'.

I hope it doesn't turn out looking ike she has a t shirt on.

Makes me wonder what they'll do to a strapless dress to make it 'modest'.

I hope it doesn't turn out looking ike she has a t shirt on.

Take another look at A la Michelle's vow renewal piece together gown-then you'll see exactly what a modified to modest gown looks like!

I became very concerned when she said they went to David's Bridal and were having a sleeveless dress made modest. The David's Bridal near us does not have an exceptional seamstress and I can't imagine that she'd create anything better than Michelle's monstrosity. I think it's better for them to either buy a suitably covering dress from the beginning or put some kind of jacket over it.

I was thinking of Michelle's monstrosity when they mentioned altering an immodest dress. It can be done well, but you really do need an expert seamstress and going through David's Bridal seems to be a roll of the dice.

Better to get a sleeved dress and make some more minor alterations if needed such as raising a neckline or putting in an insert.

OK, so it wasn't just me. It is a very awkward picture looking though they seem happy though.

I was wondering why, with all the outdoor pics together they've done, they would do a studio posed pic like that?

The studio pic looks very...strange. I don't know what it is but it just seems awkward compared to the other pictures. My guess is that whoever the professional photographer was made them feel awkward. I know I've had a few professional pictures done and you can definitely see a difference between my boyfriend and I when we're not aware of the camera and when we're "staged".

Although both grew up in IBLP and have very dangerous thinking, I am hoping that they slowly shy away from it after marriage. I do give Kelly and Gil credit for allowing their children to express love during courtship/engagement instead of waiting until marriage, unlike some families *cough*Maxhell**cough*

A few weeks ago, I emailed one of the Mueller sister's (Valerie Waller's family) and asked her about their family's viewpoint of courtship-they're actually very conservative in their thinking. They are not allowed to say "I love you" and give each other "pet names" until after engagement because they believe courtship is the time to get to know each other in a normal setting and throwing emotions into it can cloud the judgement. They do not believe in touching, although some of the guys were able to place the ring on the finger carefully "without touching".

It's a complete different viewpoint compared to Kelly's children, which I do give her credit for. Like I said, I'm not happy that both families are heavily involved in IBLP and I'm hoping that as time goes on, they break away from it.

Remember how on The United Bates of America, Erin was given a cookbook for blondes? Do you all think she's learned how to cook yet?

Kelly says that she is currently learning how to cook.

Kelly says that she is currently learning how to cook.

Crockpot cooking is pretty easy. And you can use a cheap cut of meat & end up with a good meal.

A fundie girl who cant cook? I kinda presumed that fundies train all their daughters to cook from the second they are able to toddle over to the play kitchen they bought for them to teach them their place in life.

Although its for the best that she learns to cook now, she will be moving out of her parents house soon, and its an important life skill that everyone should have before leaving home. And her and Chad will be totally screwed if neither of them could cook.

Archived