IGNORED

Erin & Chad are offical...

silverspoons

I would like to add that Chad and Erin are receiving gifts from adoring fans. They will have everything they need.

Do you guy think TLC will give the Bates' a special? Kelly says the wedding will be filmed just like the engagement. She also say she doesn't know where the footage will be shown. If it was for "19 Kids and Counting" she would say so, right?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually surprised by Erin and Chad's registry - there's some tasteful stuff there! The mason jars + drink dispenser are uber trendy (we registered for almost identical mason jar glasses!), she's put a lot of thought into color schemes including for the bathroom, and boy oh boy if there weren't already discussion on her being a princess, the hair dryer "ditsy chic" bed set might validate it.

I was trying to see if there are images online of weddings at their church so that we could all have a feeling for what's coming, and there's nothing! Even on the church website! At one point I thought I found a wedding but it was at 1st Baptist, not 2nd. The most I found was this overly fundie non-wedding video: youtube.com/watch?v=to5FocSI-1c.

And hey you can RSVP on their website - that just opens it up for FJ tricks doesn't it! Although I have a feeling that after this weekend's drama at the TTH no one will want to mess with that...or will they?

Some Bates updates in the comment section of the engagement post:

-Chad and Erin will be renting a home in near Knoxville for the first year. Chad is moving in on Saturday!

-Erin bridesmaids will be 3 of her sisters, 1 of Chad 's sisters and a friend. The bridesmaids will wear blue. Blue is their wedding color.

-Alyssa and John Webster are considering courtship!

Erin is going to help setup the house during day. Maybe they will have dinner at the parent's house since they probably have to wait until after wedding to eat their house.

Fiance and I didn't register for china or silver. A. we inherited my grandmother's china from Belgium B. we already have a ton of silverware C. leaves more room for fun, less expensive things! I picked out a pig bacon cooker. Worth it.

Haha don't tell my FI about that...he will be ordering one ASAP. Seriously. When I buy bacon he tends to eat almost a pound in one sitting. Left to his own devices he would have a heart attack

But yeah, no china for me. I know we will be getting one set from his parents one day and we have no room for it in our current home. I do want nice cookware tho :-)

People in my area do register for expensive things tho- a lot of Waterford. My SIL had a 400 dollar decanter on hers.

I would like to add that Chad and Erin are receiving gifts from adoring fans. They will have everything they need.

Do you guy think TLC will give the Bates' a special? Kelly says the wedding will be filmed just like the engagement. She also say she doesn't know where the footage will be shown. If it was for "19 Kids and Counting" she would say so, right?

It sounds like it could happen! I really want to! I can't stomach the Duggar's show anymore but I would totally watch a Bates Wedding! I preferred their show when it was on.

Haha don't tell my FI about that...he will be ordering one ASAP. Seriously. When I buy bacon he tends to eat almost a pound in one sitting. Left to his own devices he would have a heart attack

But yeah, no china for me. I know we will be getting one set from his parents one day and we have no room for it in our current home. I do want nice cookware tho :-)

People in my area do register for expensive things tho- a lot of Waterford. My SIL had a 400 dollar decanter on hers.

They seriously have the CUTEST piggy set. A bacon cooker, spatula, a kitchen timer. I nearly died of the cuteness. And I so want someone to buy us a bacon cooker decorated with happy pigs... and then eat pigs from it.

bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/Piggy-Microwave-Cover/1040118031?Keyword=piggy

Oh and let me know if any of you folk feel led by the lord to bless us with gifts. :D

Also, the majority of their guests will be mega families who are not as fortunate as the Duggars and are barely making ends meet. If

Erin and Chad want to actually get some stuff on their wedding day, they need to provide their guests with lists of affordable home equipment. I would go as far as to say that I could see the Bates girls sharing their blow dryers and Erin not having her own.

This is probably more the reason why rather than some regional difference. I don't think it has anything to do with where she is but rather her expectations.

I am only an hour and half from the Bates and family and friends from that region, and I have never seen a registry like hers!

Erin is going to help setup the house during day. Maybe they will have dinner at the parent's house since they probably have to wait until after wedding to eat their house.

Alyssa and John Webster...? Sigh. She is so young! And I always thought that she looks more scared than happy with him. But maybe she don´t like to be photographed.

Erin is going there during the day...? Maybe hoping to steal a few minutes alone with Chad, eh? :violin:

Alyssa and John Webster...? Sigh. She is so young! And I always thought that she looks more scared than happy with him. But maybe she don´t like to be photographed.

Erin is going there during the day...? Maybe hoping to steal a few minutes alone with Chad, eh? :violin:

If Alyssa starts to court, I will feel really bad for Michael.

Didn't someone want to court Michael in the past? Didn't Kelly and Gil say she was too young so they didn't allow it?

Yes, but Michael was only 16 at the time. They thought she was too young (and I agree).

I don't know. I kind of hope it's because Michael has other stuff she wants to do, like working with orphans and the rescue squad.

Why? I'm 3 years older than my sister & got married 5 years after her. Why does it have to be in age? I got really annoyed at people saying "oh how does that make you feel that she is getting married before you?"

It's not a competition.

Yes, but Michael was only 16 at the time. They thought she was too young (and I agree).

I wish we knew who it was. To me it seems almost akin to the sin in the camp thing. They mention it and it makes you go what the heck and then they drop it.

Michaela strikes me as the one most likely to take after Kelly,and be really happy with a large brood,even as many as 20.She really seems to enjoy kids and cooking,and even the laundry.If anyone is going to have that many,my bet would be on her,if she finds a suitable mate that is.I hope she does. :)

If Alyssa starts to court, I will feel really bad for Michael.

Michael's last guy who came calling when she was 16, so I am a little concern. Zach is on girl number two. I just hope she is truly content with helping with her little siblings.

Why? I'm 3 years older than my sister & got married 5 years after her. Why does it have to be in age? I got really annoyed at people saying "oh how does that make you feel that she is getting married before you?"

It's not a competition.

You have to remember, though, that all these girls aspire to is marriage and children. Their whole lives, especially after "graduating," is focused on learning to be a wife and mother and waiting around for Prince Charming. I wold possibly compare it to watching your younger siblings getting scholarships and going to college while you still have a minimum wage job and live at your parents' house, waiting to earn enough money to be able to start yourself. But while most mainstream teens and 20-somes aspire to college and a career, with family often secondary, fundies have nothing but marriage to look forward to.

We didn't register for china as I will be inheriting some as well, and in the meantime I have several thrived place settings that are beautiful and cost me $2.50 each.

I think my most exciting registry item was a cheese and sausage sampler on amazon. Our most expensive item was a Le Creuset dutch oven. But no crystal (I break lots of stuff), no trinkets, etc.

My favorite thing to buy other people is a really nice chef's knife. It makes me so frustrated when people register for a $50 knife block set when one $50 quality knife is so much more functional.

We didn't register for china as I will be inheriting some as well, and in the meantime I have several thrived place settings that are beautiful and cost me $2.50 each.

I think my most exciting registry item was a cheese and sausage sampler on amazon. Our most expensive item was a Le Creuset dutch oven. But no crystal (I break lots of stuff), no trinkets, etc.

My favorite thing to buy other people is a really nice chef's knife. It makes me so frustrated when people register for a $50 knife block set when one $50 quality knife is so much more functional.

Amen to that. And cheap cookware makes me cranky! Go for it! This is the only time you get be indulgent like this!

What, pray tell, is a thrived place setting?? Want to know!!

Amen to that. And cheap cookware makes me cranky! Go for it! This is the only time you get be indulgent like this!

What, pray tell, is a thrived place setting?? Want to know!!

Thrifted?

Regarding knives - My mother told me never to buy a bride a knife as a gift. Her words: "What if she cut off her husband's THING with the knife YOU gave her?" Thanks, mom.

Does anybody know what happened to Zach´s Ex-courtship (Sarah?)? I´m really curious what happens to couples who break up during courtship. Are they considered "not pure" anymore? :doh:

Thrifted?

Regarding knives - My mother told me never to buy a bride a knife as a gift. Her words: "What if she cut off her husband's THING with the knife YOU gave her?" Thanks, mom.

If a knife (or scissors, iirc) is given as a gift, the recipient needs to make a token payment for it (so that it is effectively purchased, and not a gift). Otherwise the relationship will be "cut."

We registered for a range of things, from a KitchenAid mixer on the higher end, to silicone potholders on the low. I don't think that items on either end of the scale is too strange: it gives people a choice of how much to spend. However, MrShadowy's Polish grandpa was appalled that we didn't register for bone china or sterling silverware (we selected some stoneware place settings, and have stainless silverware that we love, plus we were going to inherit a set of sterling).

Does anybody know what happened to Zach´s Ex-courtship (Sarah?)? I´m really curious what happens to couples who break up during courtship. Are they considered "not pure" anymore? :doh:

If they touched elbows or stubbed toes accidentally, they are not virgins anymora.

Archived