IGNORED

Erin & Chad are offical...

silverspoons

he must be.my hub would never sleep on that.he wouldn't even carry my pink lunchbox when his blue one had a wardrobe malfunction.

Checked it out and no way would my husband sleep in it either. He refused to wear a plaid shirt given to him as a gift because he thought it was pink (it was actually coral).

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree the bedding set is girly, but my partner wouldnt have a problem sleeping on it. Back in college when I ruined his sheet set, he didn't have a problem when I replaced it with one of my extra girly pink sets. I'm sure Chad probably just wants her happy, he seems to care deeply for her.

In the comment section of the engagement post, Kelly says the wedding and bridesmaid dresses were bought online. I'm surprised Michael isn't making them. I guess the dresses will look better than what we usually see.

On the blog where Kelly is talking about Michael's recent trip, she mentions SOS Ministries...anyone know if this is Share Our Strength? Way back when, TLC had some show where they redecorated a room for people. I think it was pre-Trading Spaces. I vaguely remember they redecorated an office/ meeting room for Share Our Strength. I don't know anything about the organization, just remember the name.

No, it's not Share our Strength, which, IIRC, deals with hunger. I checked SOS's website, and they never say what it stands for, so I'm assuming it's the general meaning of SOS, connoting people being "saved."

At least in my area of Tennessee and the social groups I'm a part of, you give presents at either the shower or the wedding, not both. I will say that when I got married the actual presents in boxes were given at the showers and people who waited until the wedding mostly gave cards with money or checks.

In the comment section of the engagement post, Kelly says the wedding and bridesmaid dresses were bought online. I'm surprised Michael isn't making them. I guess the dresses will look better than what we usually see.

I wonder if it is the website that I have giving them. It is stupid to make their daughter to sew wedding and bridemaids dresses in short amount of time.

I wonder if it is the website that I have giving them. It is stupid to make their daughter to sew wedding and bridemaids dresses in short amount of time.

What websites did you suggest?

This one: http://www.dressesonlinebuy.com/modest-wedding-dresses/ I think they said they went with David's Bridal. I was shocked that they would shop there since most are immodest and the price, since they will have to make a lot of adjustments. maybe they have more money then I thought.

There are ways to make an immodest dress modest. As for the price, maybe TLC is helping as some have suggested.

There are ways to make an immodest dress modest. As for the price, maybe TLC is helping as some have suggested.

I nearly bought a 'modest' dress... it was so lacy and with cap sleeves and just gorgeous. But I was too worried about buying it online.

Side note - do fundie men pick the wedding gown? I feel like Mr. Pecan Pants mentioned googling 'modest wedding dresses' to find one for Priss...

I nearly bought a 'modest' dress... it was so lacy and with cap sleeves and just gorgeous. But I was too worried about buying it online.

Side note - do fundie men pick the wedding gown? I feel like Mr. Pecan Pants mentioned googling 'modest wedding dresses' to find one for Priss...

I think they picked it together. I think he also mentioned they picked the bridesmaids dresses fabric together too. I think most fundie men are like most men that they really could care less and leave it up to the woman. I think it's just Davey that is into that sort of thing. Anna wore her sisters dress and she picked the bridesmaid dresses out without Josh as far as we know.

I think they picked it together. I think he also mentioned they picked the bridesmaids dresses fabric together too. I think most fundie men are like most men that they really could care less and leave it up to the woman. I think it's just Davey that is into that sort of thing. Anna wore her sisters dress and she picked the bridesmaid dresses out without Josh as far as we know.

I guess none of them worry about the 'seeing her before the ceremony' thing anyway. I guess I thought at least they'd want that one moment of surprise, whenever it was - seeing her for the first time.

I don't think I discussed anything about the bridesmaid dresses with him beyond that they were going to be pink and summery. I think his eyes would cross if I went into ANY detail.

Did anyone else she in the comments were Kelly said that it would be up to chad at his leadership as to wether or not they would stay in Tennessee after the first year. I guess Erin has no say.

Did anyone else she in the comments were Kelly said that it would be up to chad at his leadership as to wether or not they would stay in Tennessee after the first year. I guess Erin has no say.

Well, women aren't capable of thinking with their brains, only their silly, lady parts.

No, it's not Share our Strength, which, IIRC, deals with hunger. I checked SOS's website, and they never say what it stands for, so I'm assuming it's the general meaning of SOS, connoting people being "saved."

Isn't that the one that makes parachutes so they can send tracts and stuff into war-torn countries? I feel like the Duggars were involved with that at one point, although I may be thinking of something else.

This one: http://www.dressesonlinebuy.com/modest-wedding-dresses/ I think they said they went with David's Bridal. I was shocked that they would shop there since most are immodest and the price, since they will have to make a lot of adjustments. maybe they have more money then I thought.

There's also Allure Modest: http://allurebridals.com/Store_Category ... 34e7g5eh13 .

DB has a handful of what people would call 'modest' dresses. And they have these sales every few months where you can get your dress crazy cheap. I got mine then and paid 900 instead of the 1800 original price.

I wonder if they're going to get the maid dresses there too.

Most modest at DB:

davidsbridal.com/Product_Off-The-Shoulder-Chantilly-Lace-Trumpet-Gown-CWG533_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Style-Classic-Traditional (this is actually really damned pretty. I'd wear it)

They do have an obvious line of VERY modest, simple ones

davidsbridal.com/Product_Short-Sleeve-Satin-A-line-Gown-SLT9724_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Style-Classic-Traditional

davidsbridal.com/Product_Short-Sleeve-Satin-Gown-with-Beaded-Lace-SLV9453_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Style-Classic-Traditional

davidsbridal.com/Product_Short-Sleeved-Chiffon-Soft-A-Line-Gown-SLV9743_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Style-Classic-Traditional

And none of 'em are more than 500.00...

There are tons of Mormon wedding dress websites-- I don't know why they didn't use one of those (just google "modest wedding" and you will see a bunch of them. Perhaps they didn't want to do commerce with the heathen magic-underwear wearers? : )

The Mormon wedding dress websites feature some really gorgeous dresses. Even though some of them may be out of the price range for fundie brides being that many fundie families don't have a lot of $$, there's bound to be a few that are OK price-wise.

Do fundies have wedding showers?If so, I think the smaller items would be appropriate for a shower gift. Especially if each Duggar Daughter bought Erin a $20 gift from her registry.

In my family you normally receive your shower gifts from the wedding registry. Wedding gifts are 99% checks or gift cards.

Woah there, Jim Bob is not gonna shell out all that money

He's probably gonna gift them something worth $5 and take his entire brood to the wedding to eat for free

Woah there, Jim Bob is not gonna shell out all that money

He's probably gonna gift them something worth $5 and take his entire brood to the wedding to eat for free

I thought they'd just recycle the stuff from Smuggar's wedding so they don't have to spend a dime.

There are some pretty reasonable bridesmaid dresses on Davids Bridal. Actually some super cheap on sale, no way you could make them any cheaper. However, none that I can see that would classify as modest. I presume, much like her engagement day outfit, a shrug over any of the dresses would preserve the modesty of the bridesmaids.

This modesty thing gets me ... if the men are so noble and religious, they should be able to control themselves and seeing a shoulder shouldn't 'set them off'.

Tori, Alyssa and Carlin will be bridesmaids. Michael is shy, so she declined to be a bridesmaid.

Also, they're allowing fans to attend the wedding.

I thought for sure you were kidding, then I went and looked at the comments. :o

What's the rationale behind it? Surely they have enough friends and family to show up. But maybe they couldn't say no to the "generous gift" offered...

Archived