IGNORED

Raquel's latest

merrily

No, seriously, this is not psychopathy. Raquel's rationale for doing other dodgy things is worrying (hunger is cute??? wtf) but I would agree with both her answers and I am not a psychopath.

If you approve of either (or both) the death penalty or self defence, you can't complain about her answers.

KUsGDVOCLVQ

This is not for you JFC, because I think you know this already. I just thought that this video could make the psychopathy issue clearer. It helps people understand how similar we "normal" people and psychopaths actually are in our thinking. It is also being discussed, where the most significant difference can be found between us non-psychopaths (lol) and psychopaths. Psychologist Kevin Dutton (who I happen to have a crush on lol) explains the difference between usual sort of empathy and cold empathy. We non-psychopaths also have our share of cold empathy ... but to another degree.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She has sort of half-heartedly admitted that she had to change She Was Beautiful because it was stolen.

"Thank you! 'She Was Beautiful' was inspired by a quote I found one time. So the original idea isn't mine. But I changed it and added to it and made it my own."

Inspired my ass. She copied it word for word.

And someone points out that she makes it look like she takes all the pictures on her page with her copyright that says all photos are copyrighted to her even though most of the photos she uses are taken from other places on the internet.

I think that a lot of her problems with writing is that she was just never taught. I don't get the impression that her mother made her write papers for school and even if she did write something, I doubt her mom would have noticed if she had copied from the works of others. By 18 most people know that it is not okay to copy other people's writing and pass it off as your own, especially if it is word for word like she did. If she would go take a real college class, she would learn all this in a hurry. No professor would think it was cute she plagiarized.

Her parents really fucked her up with how they raised her.

Eh, by 18, no, most people don't know that. That's why TurnItIn.com exists and college professors use it. Doesn't give Raquel a pass, but she's not alone in that vein of naivete (supply your own accent marks on that one, guys).

I suspect paper writing was all she did, and her mother didn't know the difference. I can write, but I don't always write as well as I should because I discovered in high school I could crap out an A paper in a couple hours and even at a college level, the professor would still call it the best in the class. I helped my husband with his college work and was on him for the quality, which I considered sub-par. A few months ago, I had an opportunity to read papers written by advanced high school juniors that was as bad as my husband's work when he was a college freshman. I finally understood why my half-assed work was still better than other's best efforts and was forced to concede I had been too hard on him, but at least his writing is the better for it.

Miss Raquel's best is about as good as my worst effort. For homeschool, where there's no one to compare her to but her brother, all she has to do is be better than him.

Really? People don't know that plagiarizing is wrong by 18? I mean, sure when I was 18 and in college people tried to do it, but they knew what they were doing was wrong and that you weren't supposed to plagiarize. Is American education really that slack now?

I don't think she did much writing except for her fictionals. She thought a Literature class is just reading books. She didn't get much of an education.

I imagine that when Raquel was homeschooling, her parents told her to do something, but she didnt do it as she said she had other stuff to do, or did it with as little effort as possible and her parents were too soft to tell her "No, this is not good enough, you can do better than that if you put some effort in. Now sit down and do it properly" "You copied this from something else, and that is not okay, go and do it again" or tell her "No, come and sit down and do your school work, you can finish taking pictures of yourself in creepy poses later"

Really? People don't know that plagiarizing is wrong by 18? I mean, sure when I was 18 and in college people tried to do it, but they knew what they were doing was wrong and that you weren't supposed to plagiarize. Is American education really that slack now?

I don't think she did much writing except for her fictionals. She thought a Literature class is just reading books. She didn't get much of an education.

I always had that impression about plagiarism. It's not that people didn't know better, they just got lazy or panicked about an assignment and hoped they could get away with copying someone else. Which may also be Raquel's problem, but I have no idea why you would bother plagiarizing a random poem to post on your personal website. It's not like it was assigned or anything :?

What would you do if you were raped and got pregnant? I would rest even more fully in the knowledge that God is sovereign and I would absolutely, without a doubt keep my baby

about 14 hours ago

What would you do if it wasn't God's will for you to get married? I'd continue serving Him as a single young woman

about 14 hours ago

I dont think she quite understands how horrible being raped would be. I hope she never gets to experience that either.

What would you do if you were raped and got pregnant? I would rest even more fully in the knowledge that God is sovereign and I would absolutely, without a doubt keep my baby

about 14 hours ago

What would you do if it wasn't God's will for you to get married? I'd continue serving Him as a single young woman

about 14 hours ago

So, basically, she thinks she is pregnant and she's already been dumped by the guy, so is planning going to tell people she was raped (by some stranger) in a few months, keep her baby?

Or she's an idiot.

Or both.

18yos do know not to plagiarize, but they sometimes do it anyway. All the high schools I know of teach MLA citation and have rules against plagiarism. Turnitin.com is for the students who know better, but do it anyway, to try and deter them from doing it. Not because college students don't know better.

She tweeted this last night:

Um, ***** followed me. Just kinda sorta made my night. Just a lil'. I mean, you might catch me fangirling over here but..ya never know;)

I'm not sure the rules about posting the twitter name, but I took it out just to be on the safe side.

Anyway, the guy she is fangirling over and having him follow her just made her night says this about himself:

Follow me cuz you like my tweets or masturbate to my pic slips

And makes tweets like this:

Hey did you know that ******** likes to make chicks laugh so hard they accidentally put his penis into their mouth

Another guy just posted a list of the things he likes in a woman:

Brunette✔

Brown eyes✔

Tan skin

And she responds: Like me?

Him: mhmm

He makes tweets like this:

So I like T Swift and I enjoy cuddling and I'm not the biggest guy out there but if you come between me & my girl I promise to fuck shit up

I think this should put to rest the idea that Raquel is some sheltered fundie. :lol: Almost no fundie would approve of 18 year old women chasing after men like these guys or even reading those sort of tweets.

I always had that impression about plagiarism. It's not that people didn't know better, they just got lazy or panicked about an assignment and hoped they could get away with copying someone else. Which may also be Raquel's problem, but I have no idea why you would bother plagiarizing a random poem to post on your personal website. It's not like it was assigned or anything :?

I think Raquel is lazy when it comes to doing anything, including writing and, from her responses, I really don't think she realized that you couldn't copy from other people. She thought that since she added a little bit that she could claim ownership over the rest of it.

Eh, by 18, no, most people don't know that. That's why TurnItIn.com exists and college professors use it. Doesn't give Raquel a pass, but she's not alone in that vein of naivete (supply your own accent marks on that one, guys).

I suspect paper writing was all she did, and her mother didn't know the difference. I can write, but I don't always write as well as I should because I discovered in high school I could crap out an A paper in a couple hours and even at a college level, the professor would still call it the best in the class. I helped my husband with his college work and was on him for the quality, which I considered sub-par. A few months ago, I had an opportunity to read papers written by advanced high school juniors that was as bad as my husband's work when he was a college freshman. I finally understood why my half-assed work was still better than other's best efforts and was forced to concede I had been too hard on him, but at least his writing is the better for it.

Miss Raquel's best is about as good as my worst effort. For homeschool, where there's no one to compare her to but her brother, all she has to do is be better than him.

Plagiarize: "to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source" - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plagiarize

So the average 18 year old doesn't know that stealing is wrong?

And for the record, plagiarism isn't just copying someone else's words (word for word), but also ideas, theories, etc. Changing a few words around is just as bad as copying them verbatim.

I am so tired of ignorance.

KUsGDVOCLVQ

This is not for you JFC, because I think you know this already. I just thought that this video could make the psychopathy issue clearer. It helps people understand how similar we "normal" people and psychopaths actually are in our thinking. It is also being discussed, where the most significant difference can be found between us non-psychopaths (lol) and psychopaths. Psychologist Kevin Dutton (who I happen to have a crush on lol) explains the difference between usual sort of empathy and cold empathy. We non-psychopaths also have our share of cold empathy ... but to another degree.

Thanks for that! It was very interesting and I have shared it :)

In that example, if I could have been sure it would have been effective and that I had the physical capability to do it (both are extremely unlikely) I would have done it. I would disagree that makes me a psychopath.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't some fundies co-opted the term "abolitionist" to mean "anti-abortion"?

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't some fundies co-opted the term "abolitionist" to mean "anti-abortion"?

Yes, but she has specifically said that she is against modern day slavery. Her "ministry" is supposed to be taking a stand against slavery.

I think they are using it for their anti human trafficing (slavery) term.

So, basically, she thinks she is pregnant and she's already been dumped by the guy, so is planning going to tell people she was raped (by some stranger) in a few months, keep her baby?

Or she's an idiot.

Or both.

Uh...what?

I'm not sure the rules about posting the twitter name, but I took it out just to be on the safe side.

Twitter is the same as FB or any other social media type thing. If their twitter is public, then you can post it (preferably with a broken link because we don't want to help these folks google ranks). If you follow someone that has a private twitter feed, then you can't post their tweets because they are not available to the public.

We realize people are going to make errors accidentally (and sometimes we end up redacting names after some discussion due to the way a thread has evolved), which doesn't mean the OP did anything wrong in posting it at the time. We just decided that due to the direction of the thread, it might have some impact on their real life that would be potentially unfair to them.

Unless you have been given a bunch of warnings and continue to have problems following them or understanding what you are doing wrong, you won't be penalized for posting a real name that shouldn't have been posted (unless it's RR's real name because we've said about 20 billion times not to post her real name, so we are handing out warnings for that one).

Yes, but she has specifically said that she is against modern day slavery. Her "ministry" is supposed to be taking a stand against slavery.

I'm just full of questions lately :)

So I see all these fundies having "ministries." I understand the concept, in general. I don't understand how an 18 year old SAHD has a ministry. Some of the other people we talk about that say they have ministries, I find equally baffling.

XGG and DD, I can actually almost understand them calling what they do a ministry because they go out in the Xtragay mobie and have their radio show and presumably spout their crazy to any person that stands still long enough for them to talk to.

This is unrelated to anything, but yesterday when we were at the library making some copies of Free Jinger documents a woman asked my husband if he had a dime because she was short a dime for making a copy she needed. He gave her the dime and she said "Have you heard of the 700 Club?" I started straight ahead, so I did not start laughing. I was thinking, we are going to be witnessed to while I'm working on stuff for FJ...could this be more perfect.

She just ended up saying she had been on the 700 Club and now she was writing them a letter. She told him, his dime was going to help millions of people. She was VERY happy about the dime. Hours later when we were home, I said "wait a second. She's already been on the show and now she is just writing them a Thank you letter. How is your dime for copying that letter going to help millions of people?" He said "she was just trying to make me feel good about giving her the dime." I said "you are helping the wrong side!" ;)

I had to hit a guy recently. It wasn't fun, in fact, it was scary (be was being physically threatening, I was in a corner Nd didn't know what else to do. If I screamed no one would've heard me.)

WHY does Raquel WANT this?

I'm just full of questions lately :)

So I see all these fundies having "ministries." I understand the concept, in general. I don't understand how an 18 year old SAHD has a ministry. Some of the other people we talk about that say they have ministries, I find equally baffling.

XGG and DD, I can actually almost understand them calling what they do a ministry because they go out in the Xtragay mobie and have their radio show and presumably spout their crazy to any person that stands still long enough for them to talk to.

This is unrelated to anything, but yesterday when we were at the library making some copies of Free Jinger documents a woman asked my husband if he had a dime because she was short a dime for making a copy she needed. He gave her the dime and she said "Have you heard of the 700 Club?" I started straight ahead, so I did not start laughing. I was thinking, we are going to be witnessed to while I'm working on stuff for FJ...could this be more perfect.

She just ended up saying she had been on the 700 Club and now she was writing them a letter. She told him, his dime was going to help millions of people. She was VERY happy about the dime. Hours later when we were home, I said "wait a second. She's already been on the show and now she is just writing them a Thank you letter. How is your dime for copying that letter going to help millions of people?" He said "she was just trying to make me feel good about giving her the dime." I said "you are helping the wrong side!" ;)

firstnightoffreedom.wordpress.com/

Here is her "ministry". Since she doesn't write the blog, answer e-mails or even watch a video about slavery in the chocolate industry, I'm not sure she can call it her ministry anymore. My theory is that she thought that starting an anti-slavery ministry would be a fast ticket to gaining attention and getting guys to worship her and when that didn't happen she has dumped it on someone else.

I really hate no one got screenshots of the original ministry page she created because it was literally pages and pages of pictures of herself. :lol:

I don't even get what the 700 Club is supposed to be doing?

ETA: Her latest blog post says that she has gone through and deleted a ton of old posts because she didn't think that they fit the blog. I wonder if they are her stories. She also is getting heavily involved in Young Living Essential Oils, a MLM. And the guys who started it a little on the crazy side.

http://www.scumtasticly.com/reviews/you ... tial-oils/

firstnightoffreedom.wordpress.com/

Here is her "ministry". Since she doesn't write the blog, answer e-mails or even watch a video about slavery in the chocolate industry, I'm not sure she can call it her ministry anymore. My theory is that she thought that starting an anti-slavery ministry would be a fast ticket to gaining attention and getting guys to worship her and when that didn't happen she has dumped it on someone else.

While she has put the chocolate slavery video up on her site now, I think her original intent for the "ministry" was for the human trafficking that is women forced into prostitution. It is a big kick among certain fundies and, given how many of them think old testament slavery--Rushdooney style theonomy slavery (for debt, after war, etc) is ok, they seem to differentiate between slavery and human trafficking for the sex trade.

Her assistant says she was inspired by the film http://www.volviendo.org/ Volviendo about sex slavery in South America. Now, Raquel's original plan was to give pillowcases to rescued girls but that has expanded to taking donations for all types of toiletries, etc. What I find interesting it that no mention is made of these items (including pillowcases) ever making it to those in need.

Now, Raquel's original plan was to give pillowcases to rescued girls but that has expanded to taking donations for all types of toiletries, etc. What I find interesting it that no mention is made of these items (including pillowcases) ever making it to those in need.

There's probably a small pile of toiletries in her room somewhere, along with a few half-finished pillowcases. She probably hasn't bothered to actually do anything with them. I guess that'll be left to "her assistant." I agree with whoever said she probably started the "ministry" to get attention and when that didn't work, she passed it to someone else. That seems to be how she is, with horses and ministries and probably everything else - keep going while it's fun, but once she loses interest just let someone else deal with it.

I would've loved to have seen the "ministry" with pictures of herself. That is just classic Raquel. :lol: I try to cut her some slack since she is only 18 or so, but damn. I wasn't that vapid and self-absorbed when I was 18, and neither were the other people I know. We might've had our moments, but she is just extreme.

Archived