IGNORED

Raquel's latest

merrily

She doesn't understand the difference between depressed and depression. Everyone feels down from time to time. Things happen and life gets sucky and so we feel very sad, even grief-stricken, which means we feel down and depressed. Such feelings in the average person are temporary. Depression, on the other hand, is a mental illness. There's not a reason to feel down, you just do and you don't know why. Life may be crappy at the time, but you don't know why you struggle to get out of bed and why nothing is fun anymore and really, you can't figure out why you feel so bad. That's Depression. The brain, like all organs, sometimes gets sick too. The brain controls all, and certain things go bad, which include feelings and thoughts and chemicals go haywire. The brain of someone suffering from depression looks different than someone without it. For whatever reason, something did not develop right and they lack the amount of chemicals they should have in the brain. That's what the SSRI's try to fix. Sometimes it just isn't enough. Judging people about why they might want to end their life is a very bad thing. You don't know what they've been through, what they've had to deal with and how much they are suffering. The majority struggle with mental illness and as a person who's had Depression, has anxiety and panic disorders and OCD, I can say that while I don't want to die, I can see what makes a person want to do so with such sickness. You feel so trapped in your mind and it can be total hell and you just want it to all stop and go away. For some people, the voices and similar are just too much and they just can't take it. Out of the variety of illnesses I've had, mental is the worst. She doesn't have a mental illness so she doesn't understand it. I don't know what it's like to have worse mental illness, but I know that it is likely hell. Go screw yourself, Raquel. You know jack shit about suicide and mental illness, so stfu about what you don't know.

I think that's a bit debatable (in all seriousness). I agree she doesn't have depression, but I suspect she's got something more going on than super special spoiled princess. If I had a gun to my head, I'd guess she runs more to the disordered personality side of mental illness (narcissism, bpd etc)

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I flip-flop between thinking she is just extremely spoiled and bratty and thinking she has some sort of real mental illness.

Eh, I'm not sure she does. I think she's just a spoiled brat with a princess mentality who has never had to contend with criticism and everyone around her is always praising her and encouraging the bratty behavior. A couple years in the real world would do her some good. If she did that and still had this attitude, then maybe I would agree that she's a narcissist. She's too young to diagnose that since most teenagers and young adults tend to have overly large egos and life gives them a cold, hard kick in the ass to knock them down a few pegs in most cases. If such a huge ego and self-importance continues, then there's a problem.

In a couple years, I'll see if she still has the same self-importance she does now and am making note of the symptoms of NPD for future reference. Internet diagnosis, but don't think she has BPD, but NPD could be possible.

Per wiki,

Expects to be recognized as superior and special, without superior accomplishments

Expects constant attention, admiration and positive reinforcement from others

Envies others and believes others envy him/her

Is preoccupied with thoughts and fantasies of great success, enormous attractiveness, power, intelligence

Lacks the ability to empathize with the feelings or desires of others

Is arrogant in attitudes and behavior

Has expectations of special treatment that are unrealistic

characterized by dramatic, emotional behavior, which is in the same category as antisocial and borderline personality disorders

Per NIH:

React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation

Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals

Have excessive feelings of self-importance

Exaggerate achievements and talents

Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love

Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment

Need constant attention and admiration

Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy

Have obsessive self-interest

Pursue mainly selfish goals

From this friday's "From a Guy's viewpoint":

30. What is one thing that girls do that you hate?

I mean, obviously it’s not all girls, but when a girl thinks too much of herself. I’m very fond of

humility.

Take notes, Raquel.

Her latest question was would she rather love someone and lose them or never love at all. Her answer is that is she if it was by death she would rather love them and lose them than never love at all. But if they broke up with her then she would rather not have fallen in love.

I flip-flop between thinking she is just extremely spoiled and bratty and thinking she has some sort of real mental illness.

She's God's Special Snowflake! He gave her a horse!

I think she's been been told how beautiful / sensitive / talented / intelligent / perceptive / blessed / "special" she is her entire life. She is, after all, God's Daughter! Since she has been so sheltered, she has no reason to doubt any of this, and cannot fathom that others do not share this opinion of her. She has a totally solipsistic view on everything. Her wide-spread online presence allows her to share her extra special insights with the masses, who are in dire need of the wisdom she possesses as God's Daughter.

I think she truly believes all the nonsense she posts. She can't detect sarcasm or snarking at all. She is shocked! shocked! that people don't hang on her every word. She's God's fucking Daughter, c'mon, people! Isn't that enough?!?

Miss Raquel: Clueless, The Fundie Sequel.

"All the #MTVVMA are doing for me is making me realize who to unfollow...So much idolatry over celebrities going on right now. And uh, lust."

-Raquel tweet

So if you were in love with a man who beat you, you wouldn't leave him? I may leave him for a while. I think separation can be healthy in a marriage sometimes. I wouldn't divorce him though. That's not a biblical reason to.

"All the #MTVVMA are doing for me is making me realize who to unfollow...So much idolatry over celebrities going on right now. And uh, lust."

-Raquel tweet

Doesn't she idolize some celebs?

So if you were in love with a man who beat you, you wouldn't leave him? I may leave him for a while. I think separation can be healthy in a marriage sometimes. I wouldn't divorce him though. That's not a biblical reason to.

She is truly an idiot. A social idiot and a general idiot. And she has NO experience with these matters, so she should probably shut her mouth before she makes herself an even easier target.

The thing about Raquel is that her conceitedness is so public, and it influences other sheltered girls her age.

Yes, because abusive men always say, "Sure dear, go ahead and get a safe place of your own for awhile while we work things out. Here's plenty of money to take with you since you're a sahm and had little to no work experience before we married." :roll:

Raquel probably doesn't realize or refuses to realize that there is a such thing called EMOTIONAL and MENTAL abuse, and it makes you feel like you CAN'T leave! I've lived through it. Her ignorance pisses me off.

Wow, just wow.

I dont think she understands how serious domestic abuse really is.

I do worry that she might find out sometime in her life though, shes so sheltered and isnt that bright, and her standards are the kind of thing that a complete psycho could pretend to be until theyre married and then show his true colours.

Suilad Raquel, badhron lle naa vanima ui dhôl chîn nâ cofn. -Sincerely, a LOTR fan

oh my goodness, hi!

LOLing because she didn't get the subtle insult. To be fair, Sindarin isn't something a SADH learns.

LOLing because she didn't get the subtle insult. To be fair, Sindarin isn't something a SADH learns.

Roughly translated

"Greetings Raquel, I think you are beautiful but your head is empty"

Roughly translated

Now that made me laugh. :lol:

Roughly translated

OMG that is just wonderful :D

I think I ought to hit her with some verses and see her response...

Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

And you, O desolate one, what do you mean that you dress in scarlet, that you adorn yourself with ornaments of gold, that you enlarge your eyes with paint? In vain you beautify yourself. Your lovers despise you; they seek your life.

If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

Desiring to be teachers of the law, without understanding either what they are saying or the things about which they make confident assertions.

I think I ought to hit her with some verses and see her response...

Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

And you, O desolate one, what do you mean that you dress in scarlet, that you adorn yourself with ornaments of gold, that you enlarge your eyes with paint? In vain you beautify yourself. Your lovers despise you; they seek your life.

If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

Desiring to be teachers of the law, without understanding either what they are saying or the things about which they make confident assertions.

Oh please do! But I really think that she lacks any sort of self-awareness and would never think to apply these verses to herself. I especially like the one about making yourself pretty in vain and it just makes your lovers want to kill you. Pretty sure any guy she latches onto quickly grows to find her annoying.

Stella Parton wrote a song about the Proverbs 31 woman... called Virtuous Woman. I quoted the chorus at Raquel which is basically part of that chapter

Charm can be deceitful and beauty will not last so let her own works praise her in the gates.

Hr response was Amen.

Her response that she only wants to be famous so she can bring glory to God reminds me of when I was like 12 or 13 I wanted to do something to be famous and I made a bargain with God that if he made me famous I would totally be the most Christian famous person ever and use my fame to bring countless souls to Christ. And that my desire to be famous had nothing to do with me wanting all the fame but with wanting to have a greater opportunity to bring glory to God.

God wasn't buying it and I don't buy it with Raquel either. She wants to be famous because she wants to be adored.

ETA: I just saw that on her twitter she says she has a lady crush on Jennifer Lawrence. Isn't that flirting awful close to that ebil sin of gayness? You know, the one that sends you straight to hell? :lol:

She posted it the verse, but doesn't seem to notice it's a Bible verse. All she said was ...okay...?

As someone else said Clueless, thy name is Raquel.

Archived