Definitely interesting, but that's some kind of personal stuff she's revealing. And if Beca changed her name on the show for privacy, I don't really think it's okay to tell everyone her real name.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think timpson is her maiden name, Thompson is her married name. But she's not really married so I don't know if she changed her name.

Definitely interesting, but that's some kind of personal stuff she's revealing. And if Beca changed her name on the show for privacy, I don't really think it's okay to tell everyone her real name.

I read over on SWB, and it's been discussed a few times what everyone's real names are, so it's not like BeHonest is really revealing information that isn't readily available on social network sites. They're on FB, and they're pretty active, so they're not really hiding. When they decided to be part of a reality show, they probably knew their identities would be discovered pretty quickly.

Oh wow, the creepy convert guy is REALLY creepy. Read this: sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/discussion-page-2-polygamy-usa-episodes.html#comment-form

I find any guy converting to fundamentalist polygamy really creepy (more so than if a woman converted--is that a double standard?), but wow. That's worse than I imagined.

I read over on SWB, and it's been discussed a few times what everyone's real names are, so it's not like BeHonest is really revealing information that isn't readily available on social network sites. They're on FB, and they're pretty active, so they're not really hiding. When they decided to be part of a reality show, they probably knew their identities would be discovered pretty quickly.

I know that, it just still struck me the wrong way. It wasn't so much the name, though, as the other stuff about Hyrum and Beca that I thought she should have let stay private. Poor kids, having the whole community know about that when they're just being teenagers is bad enough.

Rachel333, I understand. I thought it was rather sensitive info to be honest too. But, and I'm embarrassed to admit this, it was good gossip. :embarrassed: In real life I swear I'm not like this, but the netz brings it out in me, and I'm ashamed.

Rachel333, I understand. I thought it was rather sensitive info to be honest too. But, and I'm embarrassed to admit this, it was good gossip. :embarrassed: In real life I swear I'm not like this, but the netz brings it out in me, and I'm ashamed.

Ugh, I totally know the feeling. :lol: I've often found myself very curious about stuff like that even while realizing I don't need to know it.

Anyone else watching tonight's episode? Just before this last (at about 9:52 et or so) commercial they were in the kitchen of Hyrum and Kelly's house (actually a house of his brother while they save up for their own). Anyway I was actually impressed by what I thought I heard Hyrum say about their relationship. He mentioned that she was a bit shy and that there were still boundaries on private or privacy issues, but that they were taking it slowly and getting to know each other and that he was feeling good about where they were headed.

This leads me to think that he didn't immediately try to do the down and dirty on their wedding night. I have to say, that's a lot more respectful than I suspect our usual fundy guys are of their new wives.

I also chuckled a bit when during the same scene he asked her if she had ever kissed a guy before and she said no, that she had decided to save all that for her husband. He laughed and almost blushed a little and said he felt a bit ashamed/embarrassed/can't remember the exact word and that he couldn't say the same to her. She giggled/blushed and said so she'd heard. I don't know why, but that little bit of spunk coming out of that shy little girl made me laugh.

Anyone else watching tonight's episode? Just before this last (at about 9:52 et or so) commercial they were in the kitchen of Hyrum and Kelly's house (actually a house of his brother while they save up for their own). Anyway I was actually impressed by what I thought I heard Hyrum say about their relationship. He mentioned that she was a bit shy and that there were still boundaries on private or privacy issues, but that they were taking it slowly and getting to know each other and that he was feeling good about where they were headed.

This leads me to think that he didn't immediately try to do the down and dirty on their wedding night. I have to say, that's a lot more respectful than I suspect our usual fundy guys are of their new wives.

I also chuckled a bit when during the same scene he asked her if she had ever kissed a guy before and she said no, that she had decided to save all that for her husband. He laughed and almost blushed a little and said he felt a bit ashamed/embarrassed/can't remember the exact word and that he couldn't say the same to her. She giggled/blushed and said so she'd heard. I don't know why, but that little bit of spunk coming out of that shy little girl made me laugh.

He said he felt 'sheepish.' I liked that moment. And I was impressed with Hyrum, too. He does seem genuinely respectful.

He said he felt 'sheepish.' I liked that moment. And I was impressed with Hyrum, too. He does seem genuinely respectful.

Thank you Loveday! Don't turn 50. Your brain turns into a sieve.

Thank you Loveday! Don't turn 50. Your brain turns into a sieve.

Er...I'm 55. :laughing-rolling: So I know exactly what you mean. Don't ask me if I remember anything important, I guarantee I won't have. :lol:

I am loving Arthur's lectures on budgeting and planning there are some real life people I would love to send his way.

I'm thinking we have not yet begun to see the tension that we will see in this series, if it goes on awhile. Marlene and Becca, the youngest multi-wives so far, seem to be gritting their teeth somewhat to look nice for the show. And I think the real tensions will surface when someone super-young like Kellie finds it's time to welcome a new woman to the fold. She's been raised that way, she saw her mom deal with it, she believes it's necessary for the sake of everyone's soul...but suddenly it's happening to her.

Ok well I finished the rest of the episodes and both Marlene and Becca mentioned their relationship being "on and off" and fighting occurring, so I agree there's some tension we haven't seen.

And the alcohol was explained, with Hyrum's shots at his bachelor party and more wine drinking at the Thompson house with Stan's family. Still very surprising because I know even most non-fundamentalist LDS are very against alcohol, drugs, even caffeine.

I've also been going through the TWOP thread and stalking one or two Facebooks, one thing that surprised me was that both Hyrum's and Ezra's say they are from Colorado City, and with the Cawley dad going there for his water, I'm surprised how close they are to that community if they're supposedly trying to distance themselves from it. And so in saying they "from" it, does that mean that they're technically within the borders of Colorado City?

And so ok, Kellie (Hyrum's wife) is actually Becca, and they knew each other and had played around before? So her comment about never having kissed a boy is all a lie? Or are Becca and Kellie different girls? This is getting juicy.

The way I understood it Becca is the sister wife to Marlene. Also a cousin of some sort to Hyrum. It was that Becca. Not sure why the elders didn't just have them marry if the group has no problem with "line breeding"*. Kellie is Kellie. Different people. Someone correct me if I read it wrong.

* In the world of incestuous horse breeding it's called line breeding if it works and inbreeding if it doesn't.

Ok well I finished the rest of the episodes and both Marlene and Becca mentioned their relationship being "on and off" and fighting occurring, so I agree there's some tension we haven't seen.

And the alcohol was explained, with Hyrum's shots at his bachelor party and more wine drinking at the Thompson house with Stan's family. Still very surprising because I know even most non-fundamentalist LDS are very against alcohol, drugs, even caffeine.

I've also been going through the TWOP thread and stalking one or two Facebooks, one thing that surprised me was that both Hyrum's and Ezra's say they are from Colorado City, and with the Cawley dad going there for his water, I'm surprised how close they are to that community if they're supposedly trying to distance themselves from it. And so in saying they "from" it, does that mean that they're technically within the borders of Colorado City?

And so ok, Kellie (Hyrum's wife) is actually Becca, and they knew each other and had played around before? So her comment about never having kissed a boy is all a lie? Or are Becca and Kellie different girls? This is getting juicy.

Becca is the second wife of Issac(Marlene first wife)-Kellie is from a family that moved from SLC to join the community about 8-10 years ago. CP Brethern are trying not to have first cousins marry, since all of them are from CO City they have seen the genetic issues that have happened in that community.

Reason that they are located where they are is the cost of the land and remoteness of the community. I would say that a majority of the CP have relatives in CO City.

I am waiting for the Brethern to tell RoseMaire that she needs to go higher education, that is what the Heavenly Father wants her to do.

I also call BS regarding where Hyrum and Kellie are living, I know that they are living at his mother's old house taking care of an elderly wife(don't know which number) of Hyrum's father.

Becca is the second wife of Issac(Marlene first wife)-Kellie is from a family that moved from SLC to join the community about 8-10 years ago. CP Brethern are trying not to have first cousins marry, since all of them are from CO City they have seen the genetic issues that have happened in that community.

Reason that they are located where they are is the cost of the land and remoteness of the community. I would say that a majority of the CP have relatives in CO City.

I am waiting for the Brethern to tell RoseMaire that she needs to go higher education, that is what the Heavenly Father wants her to do.

I also call BS regarding where Hyrum and Kellie are living, I know that they are living at his mother's old house taking care of an elderly wife(don't know which number) of Hyrum's father.

How do you know that?

Did anyone else think the Mr. Cawley wanting to use shipping containers to expand his house was a little "a la Emily and Dna"?? LOL

Did anyone else think the Mr. Cawley wanting to use shipping containers to expand his house was a little "a la Emily and Dna"?? LOL

I love me some adaptive reuse, but won't those things be freezing in winter and hot as hell in the summer? Doesn't seem the best choice for their climate. And its not even attached to their house so the older kids are sleeping in a separate building. They are all under 18. I don't know, just doesn't seem safe/prudent.

How do you know that?

Freethemall: Check out earlier pages in this thread to know about Countessrascal's knowledge of situation.

CR: Thanks for info! so helpful and interesting! I really love this show and have wierd ambivalent feelings about the whole thing although I DO think polygamy should be legal and monitored for abuses. Are there particular genetic diseases that have been more common in CO City, that you know of?

I love me some adaptive reuse, but won't those things be freezing in winter and hot as hell in the summer? Doesn't seem the best choice for their climate. And its not even attached to their house so the older kids are sleeping in a separate building. They are all under 18. I don't know, just doesn't seem safe/prudent.

I watched an episode of "You live in what?" recently and one of the featured homes was made of shipping containers. The man who chose them for building his home did a very nice job. He actually built two homes, side by side, on a corner lot. One house was very industrial- he used the wood floors from the actual container as the floors in his house. His unit was very industrial. He had 3 containers stacked on top of another and his house was 3 levels. I think he used two containers for each level of the house, too. He had 6 total containers for each home. He took the wall out between each container to make the houses very open. The bottom level was a garage and he lived on the second and third levels. The other unit he built was very homey. He has used drywall to cover all the walls and the house was beautiful. You would never know it was a shipping container. He used energy efficient windows and both homes were insulated and energy efficient. If you do the job right, the containers can be a great option for housing. I think the man lived in Wisconsin- where it can get very cold in the winter. He said both homes were cozy in the winter and cool in the summer. But he did a great job of using appropriate insulation, windows, etc. I'm not sure Michael Cawley would do the same. I don't know how much experience the CP building crew has with shipping container building.

Michael creeps me out but I have to give him points for recognizing that his older children need a place to be alone (unlike the Duggars and Bates). I'm from a big family and had a tiny, tiny bedroom carved out of the attic--bed, dresser, small desk, that was it--and didn't mind the size a bit, just loved having a spot to myself.

Archived