IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars Do Part 2

happy atheist

Can someone please please please upload last weeks and this weeks episodes for those of us in regions where we can't buy it on Amazon or iTunes? Please? I will give virtual cake.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were planning on having my houseguests sleep in the trailer. I would have moved the trailer before they showed up, have the bed made up nicely and maybe put some fresh flowers on the counter. I think that Anna may have to take some lessons on hospitality from Lady Lydia.

Where were John David and Josiah? They seemed to be missing.

My few cents....

1. I got angry when JimBob said that because they were a big family that they try to eat at home, and yet he still tries to got out on a date with Michelle once a week! Seriously?! First of all, my family only consists of me, my sister, and my parents, and we tend to eat at home most of the time. Not all small families eat out all the time, you know JimBulb? My family only eats out once a month or so! Even then, we try to be cheap when it comes to eating out, like a fast food restaurant or some other cheap place.

2. The howlers doing the greenhouse...why isn't anyone supervising them?! If I tried to construct something like that ( especially if I used power tools or a 4 wheeler! ), there would definitely be supervision! At least have one of the older boys watch!

3. The guys were wimps when it came to the stress test. I'm not saying it's easy, but they made it seem like torture. My dad's fatter than they were and I think he did better than they did. Then again, my dad didn't wear jeans to his stress test!

4. You can't blame you're wife totally for your weight issues! Yea, it doesn't help if she makes cheeseburgers while you're stuck with a salad, but you're still responsible for your weight-loss too!

5. Is it me, or are they trying to loose weight quickly? If so, they aren't taking it the right way. My dad's been trying to loose weight and from what we learned, it's the "slow route" that always wins in the end. The weight tends to stay off if you do the "slow route".

6. Why would you eat at home right before you go out to eat? That would ruin your appetite!

If I were planning on having my houseguests sleep in the trailer. I would have moved the trailer before they showed up, have the bed made up nicely and maybe put some fresh flowers on the counter. I think that Anna may have to take some lessons on hospitality from Lady Lydia.

Where were John David and Josiah? They seemed to be missing.

I didn't see JD anywhere; Josiah was seen in some of the long shots in the "let’s make a gym" footage. It was nice to see some of Joseph though. He seems like a nice, fairly normal kid.

I could not have put my pregnant sister and her husband in a trailer. I can't imagine a night at the Days Inn would have broken Smuggar's bank, especially considering he's no longer eating out three times a day. Or Anna could have slept with the kids in Mac's room, let David and Pris sleep in the master and sent Smugs out to the camper.

Josh and Anna episodes truly do suck. I'd much rather watch Jordyn and Josie repeating the lines the TLC crew feeds them. At least they're cute.

Can they PLEASE change the intro and get rid of Anna smiling like she's fucking stoned out the window? It drives me NUTS!

I was hoping for a new intro this season. The Anna portion drives me batty too and the younger kids have grown so much that they look very different from when the current intro was filmed.

Joshie, joshie, joshie. Making your pregnant wife crawl underneath the dining table because you couldn't be bothered to get up out of your chair to let her pass. Not. Ok. No.

I don't know why Anna didn't sit in the empty chair closest to the kitchen vs. the chair at the opposite side of the table that she had to crawl to get to. She complained about having to climb around everyone to refill water or get something else from the kitchen. If she's going to serve everyone, it only makes sense that she would sit closest to the kitchen to make it easier for her. :roll:

Josh and Anna go though the kitchen and donate all their shit to the food pantry. They have ice cream and frozen shit in the bin so I call bullshit on the donation.

Let's not forget that almost everything that they were "donating" to the food pantry was already opened. Yes, starving people need food. No, they do not need your ziplock bag of opened jelly beans.

How about a 19 Kids / House Hunters crossover?

I was waiting for "The Property Brothers" to pop in at the fixer-upper house!

For one thing, Anna seemed to have a lot of fruit and vegs in her fridge.

God help me, I have a morbid fascination with the Duggar pantry. I am not sure that there is anything healthy in it.

Poor Boob's shelf with healthy snacks was meager and seemed to be mostly canned vegetables. They don't even seem to keep Cheerios there. Cheerios aren't bad especially with served with very low fat milk.

Since Boob was eating canned mixed vegetables for lunch, I think that the only meal prepared for all is dinner only.

The rest of the time is find your own snacks for lunch and breakfast. I did see a howler having leftovers from the night before dinner. I guess the J'slaves are too busy to prepare lunch for the masses.

It was a FU moment to see Mullet making dinner. I did see her boiling pasta for her Cincinnati Chile which looked like she just added a bit of ground meat and cinnamon to some jarred sauce and called it a day. No vegs for dinner.

If she wanted to feed Boob some healthy food, why not have some hummus and salsa in the fridge to be served with celery, carrots and if he is good some multi grain Wheat thins.

I am so annoyed that they aren't changing the family's diet.

For one thing, Anna seemed to have a lot of fruit and vegs in her fridge.

God help me, I have a morbid fascination with the Duggar pantry. I am not sure that there is anything healthy in it.

Poor Boob's shelf with healthy snacks was meager and seemed to be mostly canned vegetables. They don't even seem to keep Cheerios there. Cheerios aren't bad especially with served with very low fat milk.

Since Boob was eating canned mixed vegetables for lunch, I think that the only meal prepared for all is dinner only.

The rest of the time is find your own snacks for lunch and breakfast. I did see a howler having leftovers from the night before dinner. I guess the J'slaves are too busy to prepare lunch for the masses.

It was a FU moment to see Mullet making dinner. I did see her boiling pasta for her Cincinnati Chile which looked like she just added a bit of ground meat and cinnamon to some jarred sauce and called it a day. No vegs for dinner.

If she wanted to feed Boob some healthy food, why not have some hummus and salsa in the fridge to be served with celery, carrots and if he is good some multi grain Wheat thins.

I am so annoyed that they aren't changing the family's diet.

I thought it was funny that Michelle kept going on about how she keeps trying to get Jim Bob to eat healthier, but then the one time they show her cooking it is that weird chili/pasta thing -- and Jib Bob is eating cold vegetables directly from the can.

I know it was all obviously very staged - but there do seem to be a lot of fu moments from Michelle, to well, everyone, lately. I think that's as good a clue as any that she is menopausal !

Notice how it's always Anna, not Josh, who talks about having a large family. Frankly, I get the impression that Josh isn't all that thrilled about Baby #3, let alone five or six more.

I swear that house WAS on a recent Property Brothers episode or maybe another show...... we watched one a month or so ago that was in Arkansas, and the wall paper looked really familiar.....

My thoughts about the episodes (mostly the first one, the second was the biggest snoozefest yet):

1. One of the opening scenes is of one of the Lost Girls manhandling a cat. A few seconds later we see a shot of the cat fleeing the TTH. Run cat run!

2. Michael shutting himself in a locker. Hide Michael hide!

3. Did I see some Duggars using real plates??? :o

4. Michelle and Anna's passive-aggressive comments about their husbands' eating habits are really obnoxious.

5. The lingering shots on Jim Bob's and Josh's stomachs are definitely the producers throwing them under the bus.

6. TLC couldn't shell out money for a personal trainer for this episode? The previews show them getting one next week, but Joseph is not an appropriate substitute. It's easy to injure yourself if you're not used to working out, haven't done it in a while, or are working with an amateur trainer (ahem), and recovery time from an overuse injury takes away from time that could be spent gradually building up your strength. Also, where's the cardio?

7. The doctor calling Michelle and Anna "accountability partners" is an oblique (well, maybe not so oblique) way of placing blame on them for their husbands' health. Yeah, Anna blames herself and her cooking, but Jim Bob and Josh are ultimately responsible for their eating habits. Without the "everything is a woman's fault" tenet of fundiedom, I'd have somewhat less of an issue with the doctor's language, though I still find it problematic for someone to be "accountable" for another person's health, instead of working together and helping each other achieve their health goals.

8. Why is Jim Bob eating soup/vegetables straight from the can? He's not camping.

9. Anna says it's easier to throw something in the oven because they have company. What, Priscilla can't help cook?

10. The bit about Josh and David competing against each other to see who could hook up the camper. How do you compete against someone who's trying to do the exact same thing using the exact same vehicles at the exact same time? :doh: And what's the point of turning everything into a competition? Just hook up the goddamn camper already.

I believe it was canned fruit the Boob was eating, not canned veggies. The fruit would be fine cold. But right out of the can? Get a bowl Boob.

I believe it was canned fruit the Boob was eating, not canned veggies. The fruit would be fine cold. But right out of the can? Get a bowl Boob.

Those fruits are overcooked and they soak in 50-50 sugary water. Totally unhealthy. As to eating right out of the can: it's okay when you're a stoned college student and you're with your pals. Or just stoned. :) But other than that... they really have no manners.

If Anna had said "struck my nose", I would have laughed because that's a huge pun on her nose. She has a nose job nose without a nose job. : )

I am pretty sure that it was canned veggies. I remember seeing a carrot on the label.

I remember them feeding little Jordyn with cooked rice and canned beans when she was a baby. Come on... doesn't she deserve something tastier? Our parents weren't exactly wealthy or really good cooks but our mother used to have the decency and always whip up something relatively tasty for the babies. I have to give her that much.

What I have been wanting to say is. They'll keep featuring Smugger and Smugette, because the title of the show is 19 kids and counting. If it was only about DimBulb and Mullet, the title would be a lie. (Not that their entire life and the show isn't.) :) So the kids now keep coming from Joshie and Anna. So they must feature them and their offsprings a lot. Or else they should rename the show as 19 kids and all eggs dried up.

Boob says that Michelle has been trying to encourage him and he didn't take it seriously till the Dr. said. Michelle says its about being there for the grandchildren.

The Hell?! How about being there for your own kids? Besides, it's pretty obvious you don't like your grandkids. Idiot.

So I guess it's official. They're gonna try for eleventy kids!

I hope she was just saying that for the show. These two don't seem to understand that the TLC money isn't going to be there forever.

Maybe they think that the focus of the show will move off JB and Michelle and onto them as viewers watch to see if they can break the Duggar record.

Note to Josh: It's thought that you love your kids, but don't seem quite as excited to have a pile of them as Anna seems to be. Well Buddy, there's an easy way around that and it's called a vasectomy. It can be done in an afternoon and you're back to humping again in just a few days. Talk to Anna, see if you two can come to a compromise. You can still have sexy times, only now it can be for fun and not a mission to accomplish the goal of another pregnancy. I'm sure God loves smaller families just as much as he loves the larger ones.

Seriously Dude, give yourself one of the best gifts you can get; a family that is kept to a reasonable size because one day soon you're going to be standing on the other side of the counter at Chick-fil-a and looking into the benefits of Food Stamps.

Eta: and Josh wants to put Mackynzie in a trailer so "she can have her own room". WTF! Why don't they put her in the master and J&A can have their own dwelling with the trailer. Then everybody has their own room! Asswipe

What is this trailer? Are they talking about using a trailer as another bedroom? Is it sitting in their backyard or something? Because no three year old should be sleeping alone in a trailer. And Josh and Anna shouldn't be sleeping in it if the kids are alone in the house.

7. How will Josh and Anna buy a house without a mortgage? Debt is supposed to be bad, bad, bad.

For other Gothardites it is, but the Duggars are more of a cafeteria-style Quiverfull family. Remember, Josh shouldn't have been even broaching the subject of marriage to Anna until he owned his own business (he doesn't) and had his own paid-off home (again, he doesn't).

I remember them feeding little Jordyn with cooked rice and canned beans when she was a baby. Come on... doesn't she deserve something tastier? Our parents weren't exactly wealthy or really good cooks but our mother used to have the decency and always whip up something relatively tasty for the babies. I have to give her that much.

If I remember correctly, it was green beans out of a can and poor Jordyn was being fed while she was lying down.

Maybe this has been talked about, but do the video/sound guys realize how crazy the Duggars are?

Dunno, but that reminds me. Anyone seen Frank on the show recently? Dude was cute.

Dunno, but that reminds me. Anyone seen Frank on the show recently? Dude was cute.

He was in China with them. Belatedly teaching them 'Chinese' :roll:

Archived