IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars Do Part 2

happy atheist

He was in China with them. Belatedly teaching them 'Chinese' :roll:

Damn, must've missed that part. I only saw the latter half of that episode.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, I really hope you aren't serious. Lying to your partner about using/not using birth control is pretty fucked up.

Yes, I think you're right. I think I was trying to be... what? Irreverant? No. Interesting? I don't know. I was not thinking it through, though, and for that I am guilty. I will edit my original post but will leave the evidence of my blunder here because I don't want to appear to be whitewashing my mistakes. Besides, I probably deserve a bit of blowback for that. Thank you for pointing out to me my error.

Josh & Anna are going to live where Boob tells them to live. Their house is fine for now. Mac in the queen, Mike in a pack & play and the new baby in the crib. Hey, the pack & plays were good enough for the lost girls until they were like 5 or 6. Eventually, the queen will have to go. They can squeeze a couple of bunks in that room. That's room for 4 kids. Plus a baby in the crib and 1 or 2 in pack & plays.

When Boob built the TTH, he said on camera, that they bought 20 acres so there would be lots of room for their kids to build house. Josh just needs to say for home building supplies. He's got his brothers and sisters to help with the construction. I suprised TLC hasn't picked up on this for the show. But maybe Boob has changed his mind and doesn't want to share his land.

Anna didn't make that lasagana. It came from a deli or store and she just reheated it. It was to "perfect". Homemade lasagana can't be made fairly healthy. I make mine with whole grain noodles, homemade tomato sauce, low fat (skim milk) cheese and fresh veggies.

I also don't think Prissy slept in the camper. I think it was just for show. I think they slept in one of the beds.

I could not have put my pregnant sister and her husband in a trailer. I can't imagine a night at the Days Inn would have broken Smuggar's bank, especially considering he's no longer eating out three times a day. Or Anna could have slept with the kids in Mac's room, let David and Pris sleep in the master and sent Smugs out to the camper.

I thought that was rude, putting your guests in a cold trailer. I got forced to stay in a trailer once and it was AWFUL, should have just paid for a hotel myself. I think they should have bought them a hotel room too. I am not sure why they are focusing on Josh and Anna so much, they seem to be making them the stars of the show.

Eta: and Josh wants to put Mackynzie in a trailer so "she can have her own room". WTF! Why don't they put her in the master and J&A can have their own dwelling with the trailer. Then everybody has their own room! Asswipe

What is this trailer? Are they talking about using a trailer as another bedroom? Is it sitting in their backyard or something? Because no three year old should be sleeping alone in a trailer. And Josh and Anna shouldn't be sleeping in it if the kids are alone in the house.

Again, this was something that was contrived for the show. Perhaps the Wallers did sleep in the trailer, but as another poster wrote, Josh and Anna should have had it parked and leveled by the house, the electricity hooked up and the bed made with fresh towels set out.

You could tell Josh was joking about putting Mack in the trailer he had a smirk and Anna and he elbowed each other. He can't help stirring things up and then sitting back and seeing people's reactions.

Did anyone else notice that in the doctors office Michelle had a copy of their latest book on her lap? (Sorry can't remember the title). So do they take a copy everywhere they go and hand them out for free? Very strange.....

Perhaps she just now got around to finally read what the ghost writer wrote.

Why don't Josh and Anna just get the Bates and Josh's family round to build an addition, like they did for the Bates a few years ago? They could expand the living/dining area and stick another floor on top, which really is pretty much what they did with the Bates, isn't it?

And why are Jim Boob and Josh taking so much care of their own health, but the families aren't improving their diet as a whole? If the diet is bad enough that it's made those two overweight/obese, why on earth is it OK to feed it to their children?

7. The doctor calling Michelle and Anna "accountability partners" is an oblique (well, maybe not so oblique) way of placing blame on them for their husbands' health. Yeah, Anna blames herself and her cooking, but Jim Bob and Josh are ultimately responsible for their eating habits. Without the "everything is a woman's fault" tenet of fundiedom, I'd have somewhat less of an issue with the doctor's language, though I still find it problematic for someone to be "accountable" for another person's health, instead of working together and helping each other achieve their health goals.

As I understand it the term "accountability partner" when it comes to weight loss is someone the person trying to lose weight is accountable TO, not someone who is accountable for the weight loss. That is, Jichelle and Anna's role is to keep Jim Boob and Josh accountable for their own weight loss.

Michelle keeps the book with her at all times because it contains basic information about her children so she doesnt look like a bad mother.

She was frantically flipping through it going "Oh crap, which kid is this. I think its the oldest, wonder if theres any clues about what the oldest kid's name is, so I dont have to ask him like I did with the little boy I was talking to last night"

Its good that Josh is doing something about his weight, he had very poor eating habits and it was rather concerning how much older he looked than he is. Hope he keeps to it.

Perhaps she just now got around to finally read what the ghost writer wrote.

Boob and J'chelle were 'packing' up a box of their book at the beginning of last weeks epi I think.

Isn't all this Josh and Anna house hunting just ridiculous pantomime as they wait to see if he's going to get the job with the Family Research Council in DC?

Staying in a trailer isn't the end of the world. Some of my family have lived in trailers, and I had college classmates who lived in trailers that were way nicer than the average college apartment or dorm room.

Guess I need to purpose myself to work on improving my snobbishness this week. :roll:

I had a minor speech impediment as a child, and thanks to my public school education, I received speech therapy for it. What a shame that Priscilla was denied the same opportunity.

Josh & Anna are going to live where Boob tells them to live. Their house is fine for now. Mac in the queen, Mike in a pack & play and the new baby in the crib. Hey, the pack & plays were good enough for the lost girls until they were like 5 or 6. Eventually, the queen will have to go. They can squeeze a couple of bunks in that room. That's room for 4 kids. Plus a baby in the crib and 1 or 2 in pack & plays.

When Boob built the TTH, he said on camera, that they bought 20 acres so there would be lots of room for their kids to build house. Josh just needs to say for home building supplies. He's got his brothers and sisters to help with the construction. I suprised TLC hasn't picked up on this for the show. But maybe Boob has changed his mind and doesn't want to share his land.

Anna didn't make that lasagana. It came from a deli or store and she just reheated it. It was to "perfect". Homemade lasagana can't be made fairly healthy. I make mine with whole grain noodles, homemade tomato sauce, low fat (skim milk) cheese and fresh veggies.

I also don't think Prissy slept in the camper. I think it was just for show. I think they slept in one of the beds.

Couple if typos. Why can't I edit???

Josh should SAVE for building supplies and lasagna CAN be made fairly healthy...

Why don't Josh and Anna just get the Bates and Josh's family round to build an addition, like they did for the Bates a few years ago? They could expand the living/dining area and stick another floor on top, which really is pretty much what they did with the Bates, isn't it?

And why are Jim Boob and Josh taking so much care of their own health, but the families aren't improving their diet as a whole? If the diet is bad enough that it's made those two overweight/obese, why on earth is it OK to feed it to their children?

As I understand it the term "accountability partner" when it comes to weight loss is someone the person trying to lose weight is accountable TO, not someone who is accountable for the weight loss. That is, Jichelle and Anna's role is to keep Jim Boob and Josh accountable for their own weight loss.

Josh can't build an addition because he doesn't own the house. Gma Duggar owns the house.

Question: If any of JB's kids build a house on his land, would the land actually belong to them? I've heard stories of fundamentalist Mormons who built houses on land owned by the Mormon church and had to leave their house behind if they started questioning their religion or if the church decided to excommunicate them.

Question: If any of JB's kids build a house on his land, would the land actually belong to them? I've heard stories of fundamentalist Mormons who built houses on land owned by the Mormon church and had to leave their house behind if they started questioning their religion or if the church decided to excommunicate them.

It would depend how they do the paperwork. Boob could section out a parcel and deed it to smuggles, but my guess is that the whole lot is in some form of a trust so that isnt going to happen.

The episode was a sham. At the time of filming Joshie thought he had the job lined up at FRC. There is no way he would really be looking to buy a house IN ARKANSAS when his employment was in flux. This is TLC trying to fill a half hour without going to the dentist again.

You could tell Josh was joking about putting Mack in the trailer he had a smirk and Anna and he elbowed each other. He can't help stirring things up and then sitting back and seeing people's reactions.

I watched it a couple of times and I didn't see a smirk or an elbow. Anna laughed nervously as if she was saying, "you're kidding, right?" but it came across as though he had seriously considered it to allow everyone to have their own room.

Maybe they can find a house with a cupboard under the stairs....

If I were planning on having my houseguests sleep in the trailer. I would have moved the trailer before they showed up, have the bed made up nicely and maybe put some fresh flowers on the counter. I think that Anna may have to take some lessons on hospitality from Lady Lydia.

Where were John David and Josiah? They seemed to be missing.

I wonder if the camper was Anna's dowrey. Didn't Josh sleep in the camper at her parents' house trailer while they were courtin'?

I lived in Ohio for a short while, and Cincinnati chili is pretty much ground beef, cinnamon, and tomato sauce. It is put on spaghetti, hot dogs, baked potatoes, and put inside burritos. Beans and onions can be added but do not come with. Everything is topped with mounds and mounds of cheese.

This chain is really popular http://www.skylinechili.com

I cannot imagine the heartburn and gas in this house.

I lived in Ohio for a short while, and Cincinnati chili is pretty much ground beef, cinnamon, and tomato sauce. It is put on spaghetti, hot dogs, baked potatoes, and put inside burritos. Beans and onions can be added but do not come with. Everything is topped with mounds and mounds of cheese.

A colleague and I stopped at a Skyline Chili while on our "trip from hell" in Cincinnatti. That slop was gawd-awful! My friend and I still joke about that trip, even though it was over 5 years ago. First was the awful experience at Skyline. Then, on the way to our meeting we were almost killed in a horiffic car accident when our taxi driver drove on the wrong side of the road and whe correcting, cut off a semi which nearly rear-ended us at highway speed. After that the person we were supposed to meet with didn't recognize us (even though I had been working with him for years) and tried to direct us to another floor in the building, "away from his people." Finally, when we attempted to leave Cincinnasty, the sky opened up and huge storm was upon us. The airport shut down and we weer stuck in Cincinnasty! Thinking back, maybe the Skyline Chili was the best part of the trip!

I can't read this without thinking of the baked-beans, campfire scene from Blazing Saddles

A colleague and I stopped at a Skyline Chili while on our "trip from hell" in Cincinnatti. That slop was gawd-awful! My friend and I still joke about that trip, even though it was over 5 years ago. First was the awful experience at Skyline. Then, on the way to our meeting we were almost killed in a horiffic car accident when our taxi driver drove on the wrong side of the road and whe correcting, cut off a semi which nearly rear-ended us at highway speed. After that the person we were supposed to meet with didn't recognize us (even though I had been working with him for years) and tried to direct us to another floor in the building, "away from his people." Finally, when we attempted to leave Cincinnasty, the sky opened up and huge storm was upon us. The airport shut down and we weer stuck in Cincinnasty! Thinking back, maybe the Skyline Chili was the best part of the trip!

Lol I live near Cincinnati. I actually enjoy Skyline from time to time (but Gold Star is better imho) but as a regular meal no way. Your car accident sounds typical of drivers in this area, especially in downtown Cincy as there are lots of one-way streets and it can get confusing. Glad you made it through ok though! :) Word of advice: Avoid this area like the plague during allergy season. It is absolute hell.

I understand and agree with what you're saying. And whether it's because they don't understand how words work (accountable to vs. accountable for), like me earlier :shifty: , or because in this lifestyle wives are seen as responsible for their husbands' health, the women end up taking the blame. I don't think it bothers Michelle as much, and we all know she doesn't cook anyway, but Anna felt guilty about it, and both women are passing this attitude along to their daughters, that girls and women are the designated cooks in the family and need to needle their male relatives to make #healthychoices because boys and grown men can't be expected to learn about nutrition and fix themselves something to eat.

Re: the restaurant scene w/ J&A & J&M: Is it just me or did the term "double date" just seem wrong? When my husband and I went out to eat with our parents, we called it "going out to eat with our parents, not a double date. The word "date" combined with parents doesn't mix.

OK, re: sleeping arrangements and trailers. Why not let Anna and her sister share the master bed, the kids sleep where they normally do, and the men sleep in the trailer (if the trailer has two separate sleeping units, naturally). That way the pregnant women can have a comfortable bed and the kids aren't traumatized. But of course I know nothing of campers, so if this sounds stupid, I admit I am ignorant in those regards never having been in one. I also don't understand the sleeping arrangements of the Mkids. They will need a bigger house soon, though. I have neighbors who have 2 kids, opposite genders, and they have a 2 bedroom house. I don't know how they do it.

It almost seems like that whole scene as well as Anna crawling under the table @ dinner was staged. Would have been simpler to go out to eat for dinner w/P&D. And the reason they *didn't* do that is because they already went out to eat (double date!) with J&M in the previous episode. Don't want any redundancy, no.

This is the first time I remember seeing David. He looked like he had an enormous butt. Or were his pants pockets just chock full of bible tracts?

Salamander wrote:

Anna says it's easier to throw something in the oven because they have company. What, Priscilla can't help cook?

And this lasagna meal was right after Josh was told he had to improve his diet, and they both agreed. They could have gone to a restaurant.

CannedSoup wrote:

It must be amazing. Pickles, barbecue tuna, beef jerky...

Thank you once again Buzzard for a laugh out loud re-cap. I am actually glad I choose to boycott this show. The re-caps are much more enjoyable.

Archived