IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars Do Part 2

happy atheist

Forgive me for returning to Asia episodes but I keep being bothered by them. The whole thing makes me angry and I've finally figured out why.

It appears that they did absolutely nothing to prepare the children or themselves for this wonderful educational opportunity. No preparation by reading about or studying the interesting cultures they were about to encounter, no attempt to use the trip as a foundation for homeschool study - even though it seems ready made for a multitude of homeschool lessons before, during and afterwards.

And then I realized that, to them, this wasn't an educational opportunity at all. It was simlply a business trip. In their minds, they were being paid to take their show on the road. They saw it no differently than loading up the bus to sing at a church in Anysmalltown, USA.Sure, there might have been some beautiful scenery, interesting (yucky) food and a really fast train in Asia but those were probably appreciated only as photo opps.

So now I understand: Duggars, thy name is hubris! the Duggar Family Traveling Circus pulls into any town (or country) to give others the amazing opportunity to see them! And if the natives are especially blessed, maybe even meet them and get a family picure! 'Cause they don't need to learn nuthin from nobody.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forgive me for returning to Asia episodes but I keep being bothered by them. The whole thing makes me angry and I've finally figured out why.

It appears that they did absolutely nothing to prepare the children or themselves for this wonderful educational opportunity. No preparation by reading about or studying the interesting cultures they were about to encounter, no attempt to use the trip as a foundation for homeschool study - even though it seems ready made for a multitude of homeschool lessons before, during and afterwards.

And then I realized that, to them, this wasn't an educational opportunity at all. It was simlply a business trip. In their minds, they were being paid to take their show on the road. They saw it no differently than loading up the bus to sing at a church in Anysmalltown, USA.Sure, there might have been some beautiful scenery, interesting (yucky) food and a really fast train in Asia but those were probably appreciated only as photo opps.

So now I understand: Duggars, thy name is hubris! the Duggar Family Traveling Circus pulls into any town (or country) to give others the amazing opportunity to see them! And if the natives are especially blessed, maybe even meet them and get a family picure! 'Cause they don't need to learn nuthin from nobody.

So true! I would give body parts to take my family on an adventure to Asia. They were there for THREE weeks. We homeschool part-time and recently spent a good chunk of time on ancient cultures. My son can give you very basic history of Asian societies, memorized several dynasties, early trade routes (and what was traded) with the west, local food, customs, languages, industry etc. and we will likely never that kind of opportunity. What a flipping waste! :angry-banghead:

I'm not defending the Duggars because, well, I never defend the Duggars, but I think it's likely they didn't prepare because they really didn't want to go in the first place.

Any other family taking such a tour would be doing so because it would be a meaningful, exciting trip for them. They'd be going specifically because they wanted to experience the culture first-hand, and normal parents would spend a great deal of time studying up with their kids and learning as much in advance as they possibly could.

The Duggars only went to Asia because that's where TLC decided to send them. They were paid to go.

I agree it's completely shameful that they didn't take advantage of the experience, but they're the Duggars and they don't give a shit about any culture but their own Gothardworld.

If the Duggars had gone to Asia of their own volition, they'd have spent the entire time proselytizing. TLC has to tone down the godbothering so as not to freak out the average viewer, so on the show the Duggars aren't able to indulge freely in their favorite pastime, i.e. yakking about Jeebus.

If the Duggars had gone to Asia of their own volition, they'd have spent the entire time proselytizing. TLC has to tone down the godbothering so as not to freak out the average viewer, so on the show the Duggars aren't able to indulge freely in their favorite pastime, i.e. yakking about Jeebus.

I'm not sure Boob would have ever found anyone who understood English though......or Spanglish for that matter.

But I thought one of the basics of homeschooling is to take opportunities when they arise, such as teaching the kids about construction while building the TTH.

Whether you voted to go to Asia or not, it's a crying shame to waste such an amazing learning opportunity. So many classroom activities! Michelle - there's more to schooling than reading and writing and ciphering.

But I thought one of the basics of homeschooling is to take opportunities when they arise, such as teaching the kids about construction while building the TTH.

Whether you voted to go to Asia or not, it's a crying shame to waste such an amazing learning opportunity. So many classroom activities! Michelle - there's more to schooling than reading and writing and ciphering.

I'm sure they learned about shapes and colours while they were there. Maybe they even saw a statue of Joan of Arc.

I'm sure they learned about shapes and colours while they were there. Maybe they even saw a statue of Joan of Arc.

Yes, Boob and Michelle have already decided what their children's futures are going to be like, and Japanese and Chinese culture are not relevant in any way to those futures. In fact, the less they know about other cultures the better. They might start questioning things that must not be questioned.

Godbothering is a great word!

Someone mentioned that Michael almost went into the street in the episode where Smugger and Anna are looking for a new house. Great parenting. *Claps*. Are they going to become less attentive with the more babies she pops out? How long do you give them before Mike is Mack's buddy? I say that'll start once M3 arrives.

Someone mentioned that Michael almost went into the street in the episode where Smugger and Anna are looking for a new house. Great parenting. *Claps*. Are they going to become less attentive with the more babies she pops out? How long do you give them before Mike is Mack's buddy? I say that'll start once M3 arrives.

Scary thing is, she may already be. In one of the recent episodes she gave Mike a little lecture about wearing his coat because it was cold outside. Not something most 3 year olds would fret about.

Scary thing is, she may already be. In one of the recent episodes she gave Mike a little lecture about wearing his coat because it was cold outside. Not something most 3 year olds would fret about.

I dunno, I know a few who would, and who would fret about making a mess like Mack did at the wedding.

Mack is definitely being trained to be like her Aunts. That's so sad. Come on, Anna! Give your kid a normal life. Don't put the responsibility of raising her siblings on her. Like your in-laws did.

Do the Duggars do anything on their own volition? Or are they more concerned about looking good for TV?

Nope. Nothing at all.

If it wasnt for TLC paying for all of their trips out, the kids would only get to see sunlight when they go to ATI conferences and the occaisional pro life protest/political thing.

If theyre trying to look good for TV, maybe Michelle and Jimbob should actually show that they love their kids, actually parent them and want them to grow up into independant and unique adults.

I dunno, I know a few who would, and who would fret about making a mess like Mack did at the wedding.

When my sister and I were small, our little friend next door used to stop us whenever we went too high on our backyard teeter-totter. She wasn't much older than Mac at the time. I can also remember when my niece was about two, she tried to run into the street and her little friend stopped her before the adults catch up to her. The little tot put her arm out in front of my niece and told her, "No street! No street!" She was even younger than Mac when this happened.

Maybe Michelle can buy herself a new uterus.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/12/w ... ilization/

Why do you think she is keeping all of those adult daughters around....

I recently wrote a rather dark short story about a Quiverfull woman who had 13 kids, couldnt concieve another baby, so found a shady backstreet doctor to give her the uterus of her teenage daughter. It doesnt go so well.

Why do you think she is keeping all of those adult daughters around....

I recently wrote a rather dark short story about a Quiverfull woman who had 13 kids, couldnt concieve another baby, so found a shady backstreet doctor to give her the uterus of her teenage daughter. It doesnt go so well.

I kinda want to read your story

I hope I don't get into trouble, but would anyone share a digital copy of one of the Duggar's books? I'm interested in reading it, but there is not way in hell I want to pay for it, have anyone see me carrying it around, or be on my library record for when the ebil liberal government takes our freedom away.

I hope I don't get into trouble, but would anyone share a digital copy of one of the Duggar's books? I'm interested in reading it, but there is not way in hell I want to pay for it, have anyone see me carrying it around, or be on my library record for when the ebil liberal government takes our freedom away.

The majority of libraries (at least in the US) don't keep records of what people have checked out once the item has been returned precisely so they don't have to give that information to the government.

When my sister and I were small, our little friend next door used to stop us whenever we went too high on our backyard teeter-totter. She wasn't much older than Mac at the time. I can also remember when my niece was about two, she tried to run into the street and her little friend stopped her before the adults catch up to her. The little tot put her arm out in front of my niece and told her, "No street! No street!" She was even younger than Mac when this happened.

One of my grandkids is like that. When she was 1 she would point out if someone forgot to re-latch the baby latches and gates and would hand an adult any too small item that ended up on the floor. She completely "mothers" any small child who comes in her vicinity -even those who are older than her. Her poor parents were not prepared for a "normal" toddler when they had their next baby !

I also have gotten to the point I feel bad for Anna. You look at her-she has two healthy, happy children. She cooks, keeps an immaculate house (as much as she can for her tiny shoe box), cooks every freaking meal for her slob of a husband. But yet when its time to eat she has to CRAWL underneath her dining room table to get to her seat! Josh should have taken the initiative and switched seats.

I feel the same way. From the beginning I always thought Anna was wonderful with her kids ( vs Michelle which I know is a bad comparison) and I know she is a victim of her upbringing. I really hope that her and josh are just toeing the party line right now to cash in on TLC money

I really hope that her and Josh can slowly become more independent and really enjoy all things life has to offer

Archived