IGNORED

Kids Never need Milk! Or juice!

AddieBelle

The ebil government is trying to kill us, doncha know. :roll: Some of the mommy wars have been over this topic.

Would the middle of a mommy war over flouride be a bad time to mention that there are antidepressants in drinking water because so many people take them? :D

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would the middle of a mommy war over flouride be a bad time to mention that there are antidepressants in drinking water because so many people take them? :D

As long as you bring up the omg birth control hormones in the water as well. Can't forget that.

The ebil government is trying to kill us, doncha know. :roll: Some of the mommy wars have been over this topic.

If you are on Facebook just put fluoride into the search box at the top, you'll pull up lots and lots of pages.

Not that I needed another reason to drink distilled spirits, but I'll take it. :D

Guest Anonymous

If you are on Facebook just put fluoride into the search box at the top, you'll pull up lots and lots of pages.

I had a friend who had brown streaks on her teeth from the high fluoride levels in the country she was born. They have reduced the levels twice since then.

I am currently using Sensodyne Total F toothpaste for a painful sensitive tooth problem, but I am warned by anyone I tell that my teeth will go brown as a consequence. My sensitive teeth are so painful I care not. :(

Am I good if I use hippie no-fluoride toothpaste half the time and a super abrasive fluorided whitening toothpaste the other half?

Wow, so this thread so far has covered juice, milk, soy, junk food in general, white bread, flouride, and chemicals in the water. That's pretty impressive !

Am I good if I use hippie no-fluoride toothpaste half the time and a super abrasive fluorided whitening toothpaste the other half?

Trying to play both sides, eh? :geek:

Wow...wasn't sure what to expect from this thread but I will say I have a ice who has never drank anything but water, breast milk and a bit of formula when she was little. She has refused all other drinks since she was able to. She is a bright 16 year old healthy and happy.

Wow, so this thread so far has covered juice, milk, soy, junk food in general, white bread, flouride, and chemicals in the water. That's pretty impressive !

Not to mention the deliberate poisoning of wildlife, and the amusement derived thereof.

Not to mention the deliberate poisoning of wildlife, and the amusement derived thereof.

Glad I wasn't the only one disturbed by that.

I had a friend who had brown streaks on her teeth from the high fluoride levels in the country she was born. They have reduced the levels twice since then.

I am currently using Sensodyne Total F toothpaste for a painful sensitive tooth problem, but I am warned by anyone I tell that my teeth will go brown as a consequence. My sensitive teeth are so painful I care not. :(

I have mild Fluorosis. It caused some streaks and minor malformations in my teeth. (basically two small cavities that needed to be filled.) But it is caused by too much fluoride WHILE the teeth are forming, so your toothpaste isn't going to cause any browning of your teeth.

We think that the reason for my teeth having fluorosis is because we lived in a place without fluoridated water at the time, so we had fluoride pills, but the dentist who prescribed them forgot to take into account that we spent a reasonable amount of time with our grandparents who lived in a neighboring city with fluoride in the water. (his brother in law was my grandpa's best friend, so he did know my grandparents, he was their dentist too.) My mom stopped the fluoride pills when my teeth came in mottled, and my siblings didn't have problems. And I am not dead from too much fluoride. It's not poison, and is actually very good in most cases.

It does have the benefit of fitting in to toasters and toastie machines perfectly. I paused to think of any other benefit. Nope, nothing. OH wait I do recall it's texture was great when as students we used to soak it in Largactil (chlorpromazine a potent old anti-psychotic.) Then scientifically throwing it out for the seagulls to see how long it took them to be sedated.

Seriously? Why would you do this?

Glad I wasn't the only one disturbed by that.

I missed it on the first read-through.

Seriously? Why would you do this?

Youth? Stupidity?

No seagulls died during this experiment.

Seagulls in my demographic are known as flying rats. They attack anybody on the beach, to at times quite serious injury if they think they have food. They dive-bomb the little kids in the playground at our local schools at playtime if they take snacks in to the playground. The Local authority during the school holidays use poisoned bait around the schools to deter them and during term time they employ the local bird of prey reserve to bring Hawks. At the height of Summer having a barbecue can be like a scene from a Hitchcock movie.

Faced with that I would imagine sending them to sleep would probably be kinder.

Youth? Stupidity?

No seagulls died during this experiment.

Seagulls in my demographic are known as flying rats. They attack anybody on the beach, to at times quite serious injury if they think they have food. They dive-bomb the little kids in the playground at our local schools at playtime if they take snacks in to the playground. The Local authority during the school holidays use poisoned bait around the schools to deter them and during term time they employ the local bird of prey reserve to bring Hawks. At the height of Summer having a barbecue can be like a scene from a Hitchcock movie.

Faced with that I would imagine sending them to sleep would probably be kinder.

That you know of. Did you watch every seagull you poisoned to make sure they would wake up and that none of them fell into water while they were knocked out?

You know what would've been even kinder? Leaving them alone.

Okay, considering that the local authority poisoned seagulls, sedating them isn't a big deal. Seriously, seagulls are vermin in the UK, I don't feel bad that they were poisoned. They get really vicious if they think you have food.

That you know of. Did you watch every seagull you poisoned to make sure they would wake up and that none of them fell into water while they were knocked out?

You know what would've been even kinder? Leaving them alone.

THE Seagull singular appeared to be fine. I assume though after 24 odd years it would now be dead.

Silly me I forgot the golden rule of FJ. Never admit to ever having made a mistake you know like youth and NEVER be truthful enough to discuss or admit it because there is always that one special person ready to get all handslappy. OH wait, silly me. The only thing this thread was lacking was some ridiculous shit stirrer. :lol:

Never admit to ever having made a mistake you know like youth and NEVER be truthful enough to discuss or admit it because there is always that one special person ready to get all handslappy.

"Admitting a mistake" =/= implying that your intimate partner deserves to be physically hit because he's annoying or that feeding potentially dangerous chemicals to wildlife is a hilarious anecdote of youth. You were both stupid in your youth AND have inappropriate reactions to said stupidity in your, what, middle-to-late age?

ETA: I find it sort of fitting that I'm getting ASPCA ads on this page.

"Admitting a mistake" =/= implying that your intimate partner deserves to be physically hit because he's annoying or that feeding potentially dangerous chemicals to wildlife is a hilarious anecdote of youth. You were both stupid in your youth AND have inappropriate reactions to said stupidity in your, what, middle-to-late age?

ETA: I find it sort of fitting that I'm getting ASPCA ads on this page.

Oh yes Valsa I was waiting for you. :roll:

You forgot to mention that I also smacked my child that one time 10 years ago along with that unforgivable slap to my partner's shoulder. I am more than happy to provide the link to that conversation and it's aftermath to anybody who is interested. I believe it even made it in to the hall of FJ infamy.

I suppose you are just going to have believe me when I say I am actually quite a decent member of society and person. I am far from perfect as a human being.

I don't though tend to get off on making judgy nasty observations on an internet board as you seem to enjoy doing occasionally. Horses for courses I suppose. Your opinion of me is based on what I choose to tell you and observations of what I write here. You feel this allows you to make that informed judgement of my psyche. Strange, mine of you based on yours would be that you are at times an exceptionally nasty person. At others not so much. Funny eh?

There are many threads with interesting and controversial subjects at the moment. If you wish to pursue this due to some natural affinity to seagulls or even just because you wish to exercise your rather unusual hobby of getting off on whatever it is you get off on. Do carry on. Just remember to snip the comments so that yours look better as per norm please :D

Oh yes Valsa I was waiting for you. :roll:

Well, your invitation was pretty obvious.

You forgot to mention that I also smacked my child that one time 10 years ago along with that unforgivable slap to my partner's shoulder. I am more than happy to provide the link to that conversation and it's aftermath to anybody who is interested. I believe it even made it in to the hall of FJ infamy.

Link if you wish but you might want to re-read your own words-

When 8 months pregnant I smacked/cuffed/hit my partner across the head.

So was it across the head or to the shoulder?

Nevermind, it's beside the point.

I'm just curious as to whether you're ever going to get it through your thick skull that the hitting wasn't the biggest issue. Justifying the hitting by blaming it on your partner's behavior "He was really pissing me off" was the bigger issue.

It's the same with this situation. A young adult drugging wildlife can be passed off as a stupid, regrettable mistake. A middle aged woman talking about drugging wildlife as a young adult as if it's a humorous "those were the days" bit of nostalgia? Very different and definitely not just an admission of a mistake (it should be noted you didn't even imply you saw anything wrong with what you did until you were called out on it)

But sure, keep ignoring what I'm actually saying in favor of your mock outrage at what your imagination says I'm saying. I'm used to it.

You were both stupid in your youth AND have inappropriate reactions to said stupidity in your, what, middle-to-late age?

Wow, you never did anything stupid in your youth? :twisted: Or you did but now in middle to late age you're wearing ashes and sackcloth because of it? :shock:

Wow, you never did anything stupid in your youth? :twisted: Or you did but now in middle to late age you're wearing ashes and sackcloth because of it? :shock:

I'm getting sick of having to repeat my clarifications. Read the thread:

A young adult drugging wildlife can be passed off as a stupid, regrettable mistake. A middle aged woman talking about drugging wildlife as a young adult as if it's a humorous "those were the days" bit of nostalgia? Very different and definitely not just an admission of a mistake

I note you did not comment on the issues I commented on your behaviour. Or my perceived reasoning for it. :lol:

You are quite the internet psychologist. I am fairly sure you are used to it. I find that with the internet brave who feel the urge to make judgement online. Yet still your desire to pursue this conversation seems to supersede any other issue being discussed on the forum today :think:

Without sarcasm. Lets just say for argument sake Valsa, that I am a totally abusive animal hating, partner hitting, child abuser, scourge on society. Tell me. By doing what you do on this forum, would I in any way be feeling the urge to change? You like to browbeat to the extent that anybody who maybe has issues is just going to react in a negative fashion. You then use this as further evidence of their 'sin.' This has been pointed out many times. But like I pointed out you either just get off on it or think this is in some way going to educate or make the person change. Many posters do this exact thing with better results but still you continue.

1. Put most people in a position where you belittle or attack. Their first reaction is not introspection. It is fight or flight.

2. The internet is a medium where it is easy to do any or all of the above. It is not a reflection of real life. I do often wonder if you are as combative in real life. I like to think you are.

3. I am actually the same way online as I am in real life. Strangely I hold down a position of social reform and most people trust me to do this well. Despite and knowing these awful things about me.

4. I think the above has probably helped me in life. Experience, mistakes make you grow. Because if I judged every person in my real life as you do online. I think I would feel pretty bad about myself.

5. Interesting fact. Chlorpromazine is now not used in psychiatry as a generic go to medicine. It did take 20 odd years to discover other better anti-psychotic medication which was better for humans. Obviously the seagull is more important to this fact than the humans we were actually administering it to at this point. The instigator of the experiment is also now a respected Psychiatrist I will be sure to pass on your concerns. I am fairly sure that you will just say yet again that this is an excuse I am using to excuse my horrific behaviour. Because, well yes it is. For a weight to medication ratio it was interesting. We were young. Cruel? Maybe. This thread is missing a hunting theme. It is also missing guns.

6. 6ft plus guy who plays rugby. Head, neck, shoulders are all one. Rugby is VERY different to your football. As you said. TOTALLY irrelevant. Wonder why you you mentioned it :P

One day maybe I will grow up to be you and perfect. Sorry sarcasm back.

If you feel so strongly about putting the worlds to right Valsa, why not try doing it in a way that ACTUALLY might just not put peoples back up. You may have more success. I suspect though that is not your purpose. Hey ho.

By doing what you do on this forum, would I in any way be feeling the urge to change?

Why is it my responsibility to try to get people to change?

Why is it my responsibility to try to get people to change?

Snippetty snip.

No idea. Because it is easier for you to be nasty rather than to try. I would rather be nice and hope somebody may look at at another view and consider it.

Horses for courses as I said.

You are so sleekit about avoiding direct questions about your own behaviour online aren't you :lol:

Archived