IGNORED

Kids Never need Milk! Or juice!

AddieBelle

Snippetty snip.

No idea. Because it is easier for you to be nasty rather than to try. I would rather be nice and hope somebody may look at at another view and consider it.

Horses for courses as I said.

You are so sleekit about avoiding direct questions about your own behaviour online aren't you :lol:

I've already addressed your other concerns in another thread. Like I said, I'm tired of repeating myself. I trust you're fully capable of finding and re-reading it yourself, if you want.

I don't believe I have an obligation to change the behaviors of others. Furthermore, even if I did believe that, I wouldn't do it here. So no, I don't feel the need to point out "bad behavior" in a way that won't make people defensive. If I did, I probably wouldn't be a member of a forum dedicated to mocking certain kinds of people.

The question I have is this- if you believe people should only point out people's negatives in ways that won't put them on the defensive, why are you a member of this website? Last time I checked, snarking and mocking people isn't a very good way of getting them to change their fundie ways. Aren't you a hypocrite according to your own values?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Le sigh.

deadhorse_zps89065957.gif

I was really excited at first, because I thought that was an actual FJ smilie. I'm ashamed of how long I spent looking for it.

I've already addressed your other concerns in another thread. Like I said, I'm tired of repeating myself. I trust you're fully capable of finding and re-reading it yourself, if you want.

I don't believe I have an obligation to change the behaviors of others. Furthermore, even if I did believe that, I wouldn't do it here. So no, I don't feel the need to point out "bad behavior" in a way that won't make people defensive. If I did, I probably wouldn't be a member of a forum dedicated to mocking certain kinds of people.

The question I have is this- if you believe people should only point out people's negatives in ways that won't put them on the defensive, why are you a member of this website? Last time I checked, snarking and mocking people isn't a very good way of getting them to change their fundie ways. Aren't you a hypocrite according to your own values?

You know that is a really good question. I do struggle with that. I know you do not participate in chatter or or so forth. I kind of like the inane in life. What we eat what we do on a day to day life. I read what annoys those in the 'things you can't say thread' etc. I just like to get a balance of what makes people tick. I suppose that can make me view posters differently as I do try to get a 'feel' for people. I have a thing for checking food threads to get ideas for dinner. I tend to look at posts rather than posters. I have disagreed with so many people here I made a decision not to look back to see if that was this or that person. Take posts as is.

I also have less or more time to do either. At times.

I also never comment on blogs. But feel OK with snarking on the likes of Generationcedar Whiner lady and so forth. I know this appears hypocritical. But this is an open forum. They can see what I write should they read it. IF they choose to come here? Fair one. They do not. But if they did I would like to think that maybe if I was not just some arsehole maligning them and their beliefs that maybe, just maybe something, one wee post not mine for sure, but just one might just maybe. Make a thought. Sure I am naive. But telling them they are arseholes is just going to reinforce their own beliefs. It is what they expect. It was what you deliver per se. It reinforces what they want to believe.

Snarking on the snarkers? No idea. Just seems a bit stupid. But as I keep saying whatever rocks your boat. Snark is snark. Sure it is not a help site. Plenty of those out there. I am just not sure if we are all on the same page. Sometimes.

When you look at replies to posts this is obvious. Who knows Valsa. I still hate seagulls.

Not to change the subject but my Aero chocolate mint bars came today!! I haven't been outside today. I opened my door to bring in the mail and there was a box from Amazon!! I had totally forgotten about them. And no, I didn't open one and scarf it down. I'm saving them for when I'm really down and need one. I never scarf candy anyway, one bar will last a day or two.

I think it was in this thread we discussed Aero candy.

Not to change the subject but my Aero chocolate mint bars came today!! I haven't been outside today. I opened my door to bring in the mail and there was a box from Amazon!! I had totally forgotten about them. And no, I didn't open one and scarf it down. I'm saving them for when I'm really down and need one. I never scarf candy anyway, one bar will last a day or two.

I think it was in this thread we discussed Aero candy.

Now is not the time to say that Aero is only about 80p here :lol:

I also never comment on blogs. But feel OK with snarking on the likes of Generationcedar Whiner lady and so forth. I know this appears hypocritical. But this is an open forum. They can see what I write should they read it. IF they choose to come here? Fair one. They do not. But if they did I would like to think that maybe if I was not just some arsehole maligning them and their beliefs that maybe, just maybe something, one wee post not mine for sure, but just one might just maybe. Make a thought. Sure I am naive. But telling them they are arseholes is just going to reinforce their own beliefs. It is what they expect. It was what you deliver per se. It reinforces what they want to believe.

To the bold- that's probably because it is hypocritical.

You claim that we should provide some sort of gentle correction for people so they won't get defensive and will see the error of their ways, but you're perfectly content to unkindly snark here, at a place where you know many of these same fundies read.

Don't get me wrong- that's what FJ is here for, so snark away. Just don't bitch at me for my "meanness" and failure to handhold when you do the exact same thing to these fundies and when, in fact, it's the very purpose of this place.

ETA: I'm not fond of dogs (and was actually bitten by dogs twice as a child) and I've still never fed anything potentially dangerous to one.

*snipping just all kinds of crap between Takei and Valsa*

Without sarcasm. Lets just say for argument sake Valsa, that I am a totally abusive animal hating, partner hitting, child abuser, scourge on society.

I think you totally need your very own user title thingy that says Scourge on Society.

:lol:

To the bold- that's probably because it is hypocritical.

You claim that we should provide some sort of gentle correction for people so they won't get defensive and will see the error of their ways, but you're perfectly content to unkindly snark here, at a place where you know many of these same fundies read.

Don't get me wrong- that's what FJ is here for, so snark away. Just don't bitch at me for my "meanness" and failure to handhold when you do the exact same thing to these fundies and when, in fact, it's the very purpose of this place.

ETA: I'm not fond of dogs (and was actually bitten by dogs twice as a child) and I've still never fed anything potentially dangerous to one.

No worries. I use your posts as a lesson to my child about the dangers of the internet and bullying.

No worries. I use your posts as a lesson to my child about the dangers of the internet and bullying.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, though I do hope you provide examples of your own lovely words as well.

I think you totally need your very own user title thingy that says Scourge on Society.

:lol:

Is this a good thing? The free-birthing chicken is getting so old :(

Yeah it would be a good thing -- better than Hitting the Pearls with Plumbing Line. You can keep the chicken or not. Maybe somebody who uses Photoshop can create a milk/juice/peanut butter/seagull mashup. Hit all the hot spots.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, though I do hope you provide examples of your own lovely words as well.

My own lovely words tend not to be vitriol toward others online or in real life. I don't know. Ask me in 10 years. I did let her read this thread though. Some I do, some I do not. Her 10yr old advice was answer with a LOLZ . There again she was attacked by a a seagull at school. Her and I have some great discussions that Fj prompts me to have. She is only 10 though. LOLZ is a default.

I was at a funeral at 9.30am this morning. 17 yr old boy. Argument with his girlfriend online. HOW is that real life? Suicide. This is a very important medium for kids. I love and hate it at the same time.

Yeah it would be a good thing -- better than Hitting the Pearls with Plumbing Line. You can keep the chicken or not. Maybe somebody who uses Photoshop can create a milk/juice/peanut butter/seagull mashup. Hit all the hot spots.

Cool, cos seriously google images is not going to supply. I seriously just googled free-birthing chicken for my avatar :lol:

My own lovely words tend not to be vitriol toward others online or in real life.

Again- whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night.

Again- whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night.

Oooh that snippety snip. Again :lol:

Your desire to appear to win seems worse than my sleep pattern. Which is dreadful.

I haven't even read all of this but really people, have we gotten to fighting over the prices or ethics of chocolate bars or something? I am tired.

Nevermind, I still don't care if people give their kids juice or milk as replacements for other foods, or vice versa.

I haven't even read all of this but really people, have we gotten to fighting over the prices or ethics of chocolate bars or something? I am tired.

Nevermind, I still don't care if people give their kids juice or milk as replacements for other foods, or vice versa.

I wasn't aware of any fight over chocolate bars, or their price. No clue where ethics comes in. We were just comparing what they are in one country vs another country. I sure didn't see it as fight. Did you Miffy?

If you're tired Tropaka go to bed. That's what I do when I'm tired.

I was really excited at first, because I thought that was an actual FJ smilie. I'm ashamed of how long I spent looking for it.

Sorry, it's one of my favorite emoticons so I keep it in photobucket so it's handy. Maybe we could add it? I did try to find it in the FJ list first.

I never see any of these threads as 'bad' per se. There does appear to be a culture of not being allowed to disagree. They then become not touchable subjects. Why? I find all those current and past as a bit wtf a bit WOW I did not know that. But I never find them abhorrent. Why are people afraid to disagree? Why is that perceived as so bad. So abnormal? Are we so sanitised that we cannot disagree?

Sorry i I'm reading it wrong, but I see stuff all over the place...but yeah, I'm off to bed. Thanks for telling me I should do this.

There are people in the world who when you say I get car sick easily then begin to take turns as fast and as tightly as they can. They like to poke spiders and instigate things. Whether they realize that's what they are doing or not, they are still people with sticks poking things.

Archived