IGNORED

Kids Never need Milk! Or juice!

AddieBelle

I'm going to regret this.

What is Wonder Bread?

Wonder Bread is a brand name of a white bread. It's the worse kind of bread but damn it tastes so good! We went to the Wonder Bread factory in 4th grade and I thought I'd die and gone to heaven. The smell alone was enough to die for. My parents grew all our food and we never had white store bought white bread so once I was an adult and on my own I bought Wonder bread. It is just fresher and better tasting than any other white bread. It's also very soft so you can squish it into balls or fake communion hosts if you're playing church, LOL.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder Bread is a brand name of a white bread. It's the worse kind of bread but damn it tastes so good! We went to the Wonder Bread factory in 4th grade and I thought I'd die and gone to heaven. The smell alone was enough to die for. My parents grew all our food and we never had white store bought white bread so once I was an adult and on my own I bought Wonder bread. It is just fresher and better tasting than any other white bread. It's also very soft so you can squish it into balls or fake communion hosts if you're playing church, LOL.

:lol: We have that. Mother's Pride being the predominant make. Square bread. They even made one a few years back without crusts. For picky kids.

My mom loved Wonder Bread when she was a child. I do not think I have ever had it, but now I want to go buy a loaf to see if it really tastes that good.

Personally, I don't think it is better tasting. It just is very bland. I prefer some flavor from my bread.

My mom loved Wonder Bread when she was a child. I do not think I have ever had it, but now I want to go buy a loaf to see if it really tastes that good.

It does have the benefit of fitting in to toasters and toastie machines perfectly. I paused to think of any other benefit. Nope, nothing. OH wait I do recall it's texture was great when as students we used to soak it in Largactil (chlorpromazine a potent old anti-psychotic.) Then scientifically throwing it out for the seagulls to see how long it took them to be sedated.

I don't think Wonder Bread exists anymore. It was a brand under Hostess, which recently closed all operations, filed for bankruptcy, and blamed the loss of jobs (several hundred in my town alone) on Labor Unions.

And the bread was gross (IMO) and fell apart upon touching it with any sort of spread. I've only had it a handful of times (like if I was over at a friends house as a child) and thought the name was misleading.

My mom always made whole wheat bread from scratch so I missed out on getting Wonder Bread growing up. I always just buy the bread with the most fiber.

My mom always made whole wheat bread from scratch so I missed out on getting Wonder Bread growing up. I always just buy the bread with the most fiber.

If you're anywhere near the Pacific NW, Dave's Killer Bread is the BEST. I love it, and man is it ever packed with fiber...

I always thought Wonder Bread was disgusting. As a child I could not stand it and always asked for brown bread (whole grain). I don't like the texture or the flavor.

There's Wonder Bread in Canada.

If there is, it's not Wonder Bread[tm][/tm] brand.

http://hostessbrands.com/Closed.aspx

The official company line is a lie, btw. The labor union did not cause the financial failing, they were in trouble prior to the strike.

EDIT: Found a Wiki article explaining that Canada has a Wonder Bread http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Bread#Canada

Do you have any scientific studies to prove this? I did a quick google, but didn't look too hard, and all I found was really biased sites including one that claimed soy products are making your sons gay. :roll:

We drink juice occasionally and sometimes chocolate milk. None of use here are huge fans of milk. But I hardly think milk and juice are the worst things in the world. I'm just cheap and don't feel like buying juice. I do have a juicer so I'll make juice sometimes. But I'm also lazy and it is a hassle, so I don't do it that often.

Is milk the new peanut butter?

My mom was diagnosed with a soy allergy (after many years of not knowing what it was and having all sorts of crazy diets trying to figure out what was causing her symptoms (the doctors refused to do an allergy test because soy allergies dont manifest the same way other allergies do, they manifest more along the lines of a milk or gluten intolerance). Anyways, when she was finally diagnosed a few years ago, the doctor was talking about the ramifications of what her diagnosis means (no soy products can enter her system without her taking medicines before and after; and even then she can still get sick). Over the years, her doctor has passed on more and more information as it becomes available on the subject. That was one of the things he passed on, printed on a pamphlet from the hospital (which has since been thrown out, so I sadly cant reference the author or study) about the benefits of a soy free diet. (I think her doctor likes to try to convince her that it's a good thing she cant eat soy, even though it gets in the way of a LOT of our food choices. Though, it's rather unnecessary, most of us have seen a drastic change in our health since we had to eliminate soy from our diets. Many of the products that use soy also use some pretty ugly chemicals which dont do very nice things to your body.)

I have a secret love of terrible, awful-for-you white bread. I don't eat it that often but I love it for really trashy things like mayonnaise sandwiches. SO AWFUL BUT SO GOOD.

OH wait I do recall it's texture was great when as students we used to soak it in Largactil (chlorpromazine a potent old anti-psychotic.) Then scientifically throwing it out for the seagulls to see how long it took them to be sedated.

LOL, you are going to hell. :twisted:

I have a secret love of terrible, awful-for-you white bread. I don't eat it that often but I love it for really trashy things like mayonnaise sandwiches. SO AWFUL BUT SO GOOD.

is that what I think it is?

LOL, you are going to hell. :twisted:

:lol: I think that is a given.

We need to start a thread for all the crap food we survived and secretly loved as kids instead of cluttering up the milk is the semen of the devil thread :D

We need to start a thread for all the crap food we survived and secretly loved as kids instead of cluttering up the milk is the semen of the devil thread :D

I was thinking the same thing. No milk, no juice, no soy, no processed cheese, no white bread, no meat, no peanut butter. That leaves water but if you live where I do water has fluoride, bad-bad-bad. Air, maybe we could live on air?

I actually grew up on organic, homegrown food, our own chickens and eggs, raw milk from the neighbor (which I refused to drink), beef from the neighbor's grass fed beef cattle. I didn't get into unhealthy stuff until I went away to nursing school and college. I wasn't a Smuggar in rebelling against all the good stuff I grew up on but I did get into Wonder Bread. I never did go for fast food.

is that what I think it is?

Haha yes - just crappy white bread and mayo. Horribly good. But then, I will happily eat tater tot/hash brown casserole - it's not really a thing we have in the UK, and when I made it I used a tub of spinach and ricotta pasta sauce instead of soup, extra cheese and no meat (so more of a funeral potatoes thing, maybe) but I did enjoy it in a comfort food kind of way. But these foods are definitely once-in-a-blue-moon eating.

I was thinking the same thing. No milk, no juice, no soy, no processed cheese, no white bread, no meat, no peanut butter. That leaves water but if you live where I do water has fluoride, bad-bad-bad. Air, maybe we could live on air?

I actually grew up on organic, homegrown food, our own chickens and eggs, raw milk from the neighbor (which I refused to drink), beef from the neighbor's grass fed beef cattle. I didn't get into unhealthy stuff until I went away to nursing school and college. I wasn't a Smuggar in rebelling against all the good stuff I grew up on but I did get into Wonder Bread. I never did go for fast food.

I thought fluoride in the water was a good thing? But the tap water where I live does taste nasty (when I go to my parents' I am happy to drink tap water and do so regularly but not here).

Haha yes - just crappy white bread and mayo. Horribly good. But then, I will happily eat tater tot/hash brown casserole - it's not really a thing we have in the UK, and when I made it I used a tub of spinach and ricotta pasta sauce instead of soup, extra cheese and no meat (so more of a funeral potatoes thing, maybe) but I did enjoy it in a comfort food kind of way. But these foods are definitely once-in-a-blue-moon eating.

I have NEVER eaten a white bread butter and sugar sandwich. Never!!!

I thought fluoride in the water was a good thing? But the tap water where I live does taste nasty (when I go to my parents' I am happy to drink tap water and do so regularly but not here).

You aren't aware of the fluoride wars?

I've heard of the fluoride wars, but I don't really understand them. What's wrong with adding fluoride to the water? Doesn't it help with tooth decay and cavities? Or is it more "ebil government".....

I've heard of the fluoride wars, but I don't really understand them. What's wrong with adding fluoride to the water? Doesn't it help with tooth decay and cavities? Or is it more "ebil government".....

The ebil government is trying to kill us, doncha know. :roll: Some of the mommy wars have been over this topic.

If you are on Facebook just put fluoride into the search box at the top, you'll pull up lots and lots of pages.

On, Nell, don't get us started... :doh:

Archived