IGNORED

Pottermore (Merged)

Maggie Mae

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used to think that being sorted into Hufflepuff would be terrible. Now I think it won't be so bad. After all their animal is a badger and badgers are pretty bad ass. They just don't give a fuck.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18860_6- ... 0k_p2.html

i agree, badgers are pretty badass. but the name...hufflepuff? really, j.k.? i believe that used to be the name of a certain stuffed animal type of thing - or pretty close to it - so i can't help but think of them when i hear or read that. also, the colors...black and yellow...remind me of a big, fat bee. of all the colors you can combine with black, she went with yellow??

about the only reason hufflepuff gets any time of day from me is because of cedric...

about the only reason hufflepuff gets any time of day from me is because of cedric...

I like Hufflepuff because Tonks was a Hufflepuff and she's my favourite :D

I got into the Beta round and started in September/October and haven't been back save a handful of times. I thought the sorting quiz was great. I got put into Ravenclaw and was a little disappointed I wasn't in Gryffindor because I had always held some hope I'd be a Gryffindor but Ravenclaw isn't too bad. And I can see how some of my personality traits really correlate with the traits of Ravenclaw so it was fine. I think the site is nice but there are a lot of bugs and it just doesn't do it for me with the potions and the dueling. It felt a little tedious when I did it.

I hate that it's not ready yet! Would somebody over there please just suck it up & call FB or Zynga and ask them how they run so many people on their games at one time! It's not a crime to ask for help!

I hate that it's not ready yet! Would somebody over there please just suck it up & call FB or Zynga and ask them how they run so many people on their games at one time! It's not a crime to ask for help!

Actually, running for so many people doesn't really seem to be the issue anymore. It definitely was when first when I got in. You would get booted for overload what seemed like almost every 5-10 minutes, but I don't think that's the issue anymore. I think they're mostly working out bugs now.

I was stuck with one bug (the site would not let me move past a certain point even though I had done everything) for over a month. Since that was resolved though I haven't had any issues. Presumably they must still be having issues somewhere though or else one would assume they would open to the public. For what it's worth I'm sorry - I can see how all this waiting would be frustrating. After all, I was frustrated until my beta opened up and that was back in October. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they open for everyone else soon.

• 4 weeks later...
I loved the sorting hat and was completely mesmerized by reading the extra info on my favorite character (McGonagall).

McGonagall's my favorite, too! She kicks ass- there were times in the books I was convinced that she and Hermione were the only people at Hogwarts with an iota of common sense.

I'm kind of shocked that Pottermore still isn't open; personally I'm interested in the extra character information, wand selection and sorting (I've always assumed I was a Ravenclaw, personally, so it'd be interesting to see if that's where I actually end up), but beyond that, I'm not overly bothered.

McGonagall's my favorite, too! She kicks ass- there were times in the books I was convinced that she and Hermione were the only people at Hogwarts with an iota of common sense.

See I love McGonagall with all my heart (and Maggie Smith, and how with the later books I think you could tell JK Rowling was hearing Maggie Smith's voice in her head as she was writing her. I also got the feeling she was hearing Alan Rickman as Snape.)

BUT Hermione and I have an uneasy relationship, primarily because after the fifth/sixth book I was CONVINCED she was going to go evil (a la Willow) and they would have to reel her back in. She turned a person into an insect and imprisoned her for months (?IIRC) and there were no consequences. She brought Umbridge into the Forbidden Forest knowing the Centaurs had sworn to kill the next person to come in there -- she basically set up a murder -- but no one pointed out that maybe that was a bit iffy.

She was phenomenally smart, had the potential to be incredibly powerful, and there seemed to be no consequences for her actions no matter what she did. I still wish she had gone evil. I think it could have been amazing.

Overlooking/ignoring that, which I do because apparently JK Rowling does, I think she is aces. Movie Hermione is great too.

See I love McGonagall with all my heart (and Maggie Smith, and how with the later books I think you could tell JK Rowling was hearing Maggie Smith's voice in her head as she was writing her. I also got the feeling she was hearing Alan Rickman as Snape.)

BUT Hermione and I have an uneasy relationship, primarily because after the fifth/sixth book I was CONVINCED she was going to go evil (a la Willow) and they would have to reel her back in. She turned a person into an insect and imprisoned her for months (?IIRC) and there were no consequences. She brought Umbridge into the Forbidden Forest knowing the Centaurs had sworn to kill the next person to come in there -- she basically set up a murder -- but no one pointed out that maybe that was a bit iffy.

She was phenomenally smart, had the potential to be incredibly powerful, and there seemed to be no consequences for her actions no matter what she did. I still wish she had gone evil. I think it could have been amazing.

Overlooking/ignoring that, which I do because apparently JK Rowling does, I think she is aces. Movie Hermione is great too.

I never thought of Hermione going evil for a bit, but that would have been phenomenal.

Wouldn't it? Wouldn't it???

Everything was set up for it. I was as sure it was going to happen as I was that Harry was a Horcrux and that one of the twins was going to get it. Two out of three ain't bad..

Actually, Rita Skeeter turned herself into a beetle as she was an unregistered animagus and used that camoflage to get her gossipy stories.

You're completely right. Shame on me :D.

So Hermione just imprisoned her for a while because she felt like it was the right thing to do. Still, fucked up.

• 3 months later...
Pottermore is now open to everyone!

ahah! I wanted to dig up the thread later on. I registered but they said they would contact me when stuff was going to be available.... I dunno seemed like I could not do anything on the website lol...

When I read that it went live I thought "there goes all my plans for ever studying again!" but the e-mail with "joining instructions" is taking a long time to show up. It's like they are trying to make me productive or something. Normally emails like that go through right away.

When I read that it went live I thought "there goes all my plans for ever studying again!" but the e-mail with "joining instructions" is taking a long time to show up. It's like they are trying to make me productive or something. Normally emails like that go through right away.

they say in the joining instructions that they will send you another email when you can actually go on the website and see the stuff... lol

Pottermore is now open to everyone!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I am so excited for FJerites to get sorted! I have been on Beta and have been off and on with my activity. Somehow I got sorted into Gryffindor. If you had asked me before the quiz I would've put it last on my list of houses I would've thought I fit in with, so I was very surprised, but I answered as honestly as I could.

they say in the joining instructions that they will send you another email when you can actually go on the website and see the stuff... lol

I'm really surprised that they are still going through that process beyond a basic confirmation now that it is not in Beta. I guess they are afraid of the site crashing?

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I am so excited for FJerites to get sorted! I have been on Beta and have been off and on with my activity. Somehow I got sorted into Gryffindor. If you had asked me before the quiz I would've put it last on my list of houses I would've thought I fit in with, so I was very surprised, but I answered as honestly as I could.

Wow, I'd almost forgotten about Pottermore, and I'm a HUGE Potter fan. :shock: I was sorted into Gryffindor way back during the initial beta period, but never did anything much after I got my wand and all that. I got too discouraged when I couldn't get the potion to work. :doh: Must log in again--if I can remember my username!--and try to pick up where I left off!

So I'm in, when do you get sorted and wand-ed and all that? Because I sort of...don't get what I'm supposed to be doing. Looking at artwork of significant book moments? Seems kind of boring. I'm still not sure what Pottermore, like, is for.

So I'm in, when do you get sorted and wand-ed and all that? Because I sort of...don't get what I'm supposed to be doing. Looking at artwork of significant book moments? Seems kind of boring. I'm still not sure what Pottermore, like, is for.

You have to "read" the book. So you get sorted in the same chapter Harry got sorted in. You go shopping for you school things and a wand (there is a quiz for that as well). There is original content along the way.

The original content is definitely interesting.

Well, I was sorted into Slytherin, as expected. Also got a 12 1/2 inch, inflexible ash, unicorn core wand. Sweet.

ETA- I think that's basically Ron's first wand, which was technically a hand-me-down so I wonder who it originally "chose" in the Weasley family. (Nevermind, HP Wiki says Charlie. Also that ash/unicorn wands are extremely loyal to their original owners. Explains a lot about poor Ron's spells those first years!)

ETA2- Also the same as Cedric Diggory's wand, according to the HP Wiki. Interesting...

Waiting on my second email :(

I didn't realize what people meant when they said they were waiting on a second email. This is lame...my excitement is dying. I really just want to get sorted.

Archived