IGNORED

Pottermore (Merged)

Maggie Mae

I am CatJinx14405, I would love some FreeJinger friends.

I got Hufflepuff. The husband laughed and said of course you did. I am waiting to find out what house he is in....I am thinking Slytherian.

It took forever to figure out the spells and potion making. I can't wait for the next story!

How do you wave the hand?

Yes I'm asking again lol

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you wave the hand?

Yes I'm asking again lol

You just have to click on it.

As for the potions trouble - yeah, they're hard. The only one I've actually made correctly so far is the cure for boils - although I'm currently waiting on an Antidote to Common Poisons (keeping my fingers crossed that I don't blow up another cauldron). I'm more of a dueler to be honest.

I got in during beta, but none of my friends did so it's a lot more fun now that I have a bunch of people to talk about it/play with.

That said: I'm AshLeviosa160 and I would love to have FJ friends too.

Are you talking about picking up your wand in potions Sophie? Your wand is behind the bag of snake fangs on the left bottom corner. You just click on it and it waves itself. I totally had to look it up on Google, that and how to cast a spell.

Off to add you Lostie! You too Kitty!

Are you talking about picking up your wand in potions Sophie? Your wand is behind the bag of snake fangs on the left bottom corner. You just click on it and it waves itself. I totally had to look it up on Google, that and how to cast a spell.

Off to add you Lostie! You too Kitty!

Thanks!!! I'll try that tonight and I'll add you guys and post my name when I find it.

ETA: here's my username: QueenEcho27384

I'm finally in at Pottermore!

My name is RainChestnut983, and I'd love for FJ friends as well. So if you get random friend requests, it's probably me.

I'm finally in at Pottermore!

My name is RainChestnut983, and I'd love for FJ friends as well. So if you get random friend requests, it's probably me.

I added you as a friend . I'm DawnNox35 :D

Very cool! I'm glad this thread picked up again.

Aeryn-boy & I got sorted on Saturday - both Gryffs. I was surprised and a little sad at getting placed there - mostly because it makes me a little self-conscious about being in the same house as the main heroes of the stories. (I know - it's stupid, it's just a game & I'm over-thinking things! I know!! But these things are important @ 2:30 AM when you're PMSing.) Anyway, things were better after some sleep and then I looked at my own FB page and saw how many anti-patriarchy/pro-women's rights/pro-animal rights things I have posted. Yeah - I guess I do have a habit of fighting for things I think are important.

But - this is me: CastleEcho27220 & I have a Beech wand with a Unicorn core, 12.5 in., solid.

I've killed about a dozen cauldrons, so far & the only spell I can do is Alohamora. So, not gonna be doing much dueling unless it involves opening the other guy's fly. (Which might scare *me* more than them!)

I also found an HP snark board (Dark Lord Potter Forums) and they seem a lot like us, only about HP stuff. I went looking after Aeryn-boy noticed that you can't really post anything on the comment boards other than: "OMG!!!11 Luv this!1!eleventy-leven! Friend meeee!" -- They have a killer censoring bot in place!

I'm a Hufflepuff, maple wand, unicorn core, 10 3/4 inches and pliant. I am AWFUL at potions. I can't get the stirring thing to work at ALL.

I'll admit, I got sorted into Slytherin and said "screw that" and created a new account. No offense to any Slytherins out there, I just don't have any of their traits, even the good ones. I think I'd probably belong in Hufflepuff IRL, but I was sorted into Ravenclaw, which works. I have a pear wand with a unicorn core, 11 and a quarter inches, slightly yielding, which makes me happy.

My username is UnicornSnidget7476, I'll add everyone here soon. I enjoy potions but haven't gotten the hang of spell casting yet...

I'll admit, I got sorted into Slytherin and said "screw that" and created a new account. No offense to any Slytherins out there, I just don't have any of their traits, even the good ones. I think I'd probably belong in Hufflepuff IRL, but I was sorted into Ravenclaw, which works. I have a pear wand with a unicorn core, 11 and a quarter inches, slightly yielding, which makes me happy.

My username is UnicornSnidget7476, I'll add everyone here soon. I enjoy potions but haven't gotten the hang of spell casting yet...

You must have some latent Slytherin traits or you wouldn't have answered the questions in a way that sorted you into Slytherin. ;)

I'm BladeThestral15415 on Pottermore.

You must have some latent Slytherin traits or you wouldn't have answered the questions in a way that sorted you into Slytherin. ;)

I'm BladeThestral15415 on Pottermore.

I am trying to decide which house I belong in because I am currently creating a spreadsheet so that I can take the quiz 100 times and see which house I am sorted into most frequently. I have to control for several variables (7 Q, possible 8th Q hatstall, 200 possible Q's), though, and I need to be sure I always answer the same when I get the same questions. Clearly that screams "Academia!" but am I too much of a control freak to belong in Ravenclaw? It's very Hermoine-ish. Maybe I'll just go with Gryffindor, which I got on the first round, but I'm not sure I can resist the experiment: Will I find out that the sorting hat is controlled for random factors like evening out house numbers so that Pottermore house population is normalized? Will there be a clear frontrunner? (and wouldn't that indicate Ravenclaw?)

I'm NifflerOak7710. I am going to add the people who have posted their usernames here shortly. My wand is 14.5 inches, chestnut, pheonix feather, unyielding. I don't really have any particular feelings about my wand. BUT I was sorted into Ravenclaw which I am super happy about, and the house I think I belong in :D I'm getting better at spells but I still haven't won a duel yet.

So far, my favourite parts have been reading all the new info from JK Rowling. I really liked the stuff about McGonagol especially.

Spragger, I would be very interested in what you come up with! It sounds like a lot of work!

I am trying to decide which house I belong in because I am currently creating a spreadsheet so that I can take the quiz 100 times and see which house I am sorted into most frequently. I have to control for several variables (7 Q, possible 8th Q hatstall, 200 possible Q's), though, and I need to be sure I always answer the same when I get the same questions. Clearly that screams "Academia!" but am I too much of a control freak to belong in Ravenclaw? It's very Hermoine-ish. Maybe I'll just go with Gryffindor, which I got on the first round, but I'm not sure I can resist the experiment: Will I find out that the sorting hat is controlled for random factors like evening out house numbers so that Pottermore house population is normalized? Will there be a clear frontrunner? (and wouldn't that indicate Ravenclaw?)

It seems like there are significantly fewer people in Ravenclaw, and the most in Gryffindor.

I did not pay any attention to how many questions I got or anything like that. I just went with it. That I was put in Slytherin was completely expected but I am pretty Slytherin-esque so...

It seems like there are significantly fewer people in Ravenclaw, and the most in Gryffindor.

I did not pay any attention to how many questions I got or anything like that. I just went with it. That I was put in Slytherin was completely expected but I am pretty Slytherin-esque so...

Considering the number of people registered that is still a fairly even spread, which leads me to believe there is more to the sorting. After all, it wouldn't do very well for 50% of the students to be in one house, and only 5% to be in another, etc. In the first days a rather large number was in Ravenclaw and the smallest number was in Gryffindor, but they quickly evened out like they have now. We were tracking the numbers all on HPANA, but unfortunately that fan site has now closed.

Even when it comes to the mythology I have always thought it was a bit odd that the houses would split up so evenly. It's even less likely when you have to figure in the boy/girl factor (since they sleep separately.

Spragger, I would be very interested in what you come up with! It sounds like a lot of work!

I will post the results. My sister is going to help me. I want to be sure I answer consistently so that if I happen to get the same exact quiz I can be sure to see if the results are the same, etc. I will be very sad if it's a 33/33/33 split. I also would love to see the quiz that sorts me into Slytherin.

On the other hand, maybe the Sorting Hat knows it has to keep it even and that informs its decision when someone is, if not quite a full-blown Hat Stall, at least on the fence. Like, Madame X could probably go into Ravenclaw but I'm running low on Slytherins and she could fit in there too, so...SLYTHERIN!

I just think people are getting super wrapped up in the sorting, like, defining them as a person when really, even if you're going by the Hogwarts canon that isn't how it works.

I just realized, I never told my Screenname! It's SkullWillow4. Hopefully my Pottermore analysis places me in Gryffindor so I can have truth faith in the sorting hat, and have my original join date be from the beta period. Is anybody interested in compiling usernames into one large post?

So here is something about potion making I don't get. It will tell me my potion failed because I didn't keep the temp in the right range or because I didn't use the right quantity of ingredients, but I totally did! WTF?

Also, is the idea with spells to hit the letters as quickly as possible or do you get the strongest potency when you wait for the light to be on the letter? That also seems like it can be kind of random.

So here is something about potion making I don't get. It will tell me my potion failed because I didn't keep the temp in the right range or because I didn't use the right quantity of ingredients, but I totally did! WTF?

Also, is the idea with spells to hit the letters as quickly as possible or do you get the strongest potency when you wait for the light to be on the letter? That also seems like it can be kind of random.

That same thing happened to me with one of my potions. It said I had put a wrong ingredient in that I had never put in and hadn't even been on the table :?

I'm having the same issues with Potions, and it's really starting to piss me off. I can handle failing if I'm doing the stupid things incorrectly, but I'm NOT!

And yeah, I still don't know how exactly the spells work, but I find it interesting!

I seem to have figured out the spells. You have to hit the letter on the keyboard when the light hits the letter in the circle, and then hit the key again when the light circles out from the letter. In order. I have learned that they key is not to freak out and that some spells have tricky transitions but mostly they're pretty easy to follow.

The potions thing is just annoying.

Hopefully it was just a glitch when brewing. The whole site seems glitchy, duels fought when they haven't been and points changing dramatically.

For the spells I had to look it up, so what you do is say for full body bind (the strongest spell) you can use your keyboard and hit "P", the "P" will send out a glowing ring, you want to hit "P" again when the glowing ring is the biggest, then the beam of light from your spell will go to the letter "T", so again when the beam of light is at T you hit T on your keyboard, there will be a glowing light again and again you type T. The beam of light will then go to F, same thing till the spell is done.

I hope that makes sense, no sleep in 3 days makes Jiggleromp go crazy...don't mind if I do

ETA sorry MadameX answered already, I should perhaps read the prompt when someone replies while I type.

Archived