IGNORED

Pottermore (Merged)

Maggie Mae

Since we launched Pottermore, our one million Beta users have given us lots of amazing feedback, and we’ve been collecting their thoughts and comments so that we can make Pottermore the best experience it can be before it opens to everyone.

After looking closely at all the information that we've gathered, we have decided to further extend the Beta period so we can improve Pottermore before giving more people access. This means the site will not be opening to new users in the immediate future, but please know that we will open registration as soon as we can.

As part of our work to make Pottermore even better, we'll be taking the site down for a few days on Wednesday 2 November. We're going to use this time to make a few technical changes behind-the-scenes.

We've set up a separate page on the Insider so we can give you the latest Beta information and answer some of the more common Beta questions. We'll be updating it as the Beta continues and posting on our Twitter account, too.

So Pottermore will not be opening to new users just yet. For all of you who are waiting to enter Pottermore, we want to thank you for being so patient - we’re working very hard to make some exciting improvements, and we're really looking forward to welcoming you to the site when it’s ready.

I was so looking forward to joining Pottermore on Oct 31, but now I have to wait until who knows when because I was not lucky enough to find a magical quill and register in time for the beta.

So disappointed....

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuff still needs to be fixed, especially potions. Duelling isn't working yet, but the site is down for maintenance so I think registration is on it's way. It's a lot of fun, and there isn't a million users. There's only 600,000 so far, that or some haven't activated their accounts.

I missed early registration, and now it's been delayed so much I kind of... don't care anymore. When it's finally opened up, I don't think I'll be that psyched. The main thing I was looking forward to was sorting, because I assumed it would be better than the online quizzes you see (you know, the ones with probing questions like 'Do you like lions or badgers better?', 'Are you cunning or smart?') Not actually sure on that one. Ho well!

The main thing I was looking forward to was sorting, because I assumed it would be better than the online quizzes you see (you know, the ones with probing questions like 'Do you like lions or badgers better?', 'Are you cunning or smart?') Not actually sure on that one. Ho well!

Actually when you get sorted, the questions you answer it's pretty hard to get the house you want. It's more accurate than online quizzes. It's not the obvious questions that you know what house you'll get into.

Actually when you get sorted, the questions you answer it's pretty hard to get the house you want. It's more accurate than online quizzes. It's not the obvious questions that you know what house you'll get into.

Awwww yeah. Exactly what I was hoping for, specifically because those online quizzes make it so obvious. (I think I'm hoping for Hufflepuff! I guess I'll have to wait a while though...)

I'm mostly just excited for the sorting. I'm sure the rest of the site will be cool, too, though. Anyway, how many sorting questions are there?

It's been a while since I took the Pottermore sorting hat test. If I recall correctly, there were seven randomly chosen questions. The ones I remember definitely did not have four possible answers each of which was characteristic of one house. I've taken some of the sorting tests on various sites (Really? I'm sorted by favorite color?), but this is one is different. I also remember the questions for wand selection were more in-depth than I thought they would be. Since JKR wrote these questions, I'm taking it as the definitive answer to where I would belong in the Potter universe.

I loved the sorting hat and was completely mesmerized by reading the extra info on my favorite character (McGonagall). Other than that, I haven't gone back very much. I find potion making very glitchy so I don't like to waste time doing it. I'm hoping that after all of the input from the beta testers, Pottermore will make many improvements. That way, when it finally opens, the experience will be richer for everyone.

I really liked the sorting test. Even on the one question I had where the traits-house correspondence was really obvious, there were five choices, not four. It would be somewhat tricky to try to game the system, which I loved - was certain while answering that I was going to be stuck in Slytherin with all the evil children but I was totally wrong.

Every online sorting quiz I've taken has put me into Ravenclaw. I actually can't wait to take the Pottermore test, from what I've heard about it. I'll be surprised if I'm still a Ravenclaw :P

I got into the beta, and frankly, it`s a really good thing that they have pushed opening back. I was tuck at one place because of a glitched for over a month. I got stuck on my first day playing back at the end of September and it was only resolved on Monday.

Also, yeah, the sorting test is awesome - although I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I always considered myself a Slytherin and I actually got Slytherin, but during the test I had no clue where I could end up. It`s not obvious at all.

I'm kinda glad that I didn't get into the Beta and avoided some of the drama that occurred. I'm also glad that they pushed the opening back or I would never finish my NaNoWriMo novel.

For those who got into the Beta, is there enough at the site to keep you coming back in the long term?

Eclipse: Nope, not for me (and I'm a massive HP fan, I thought I'd be on Pottermore 27/4) I got into the beta a while ago now, in the earlier weeks, and really I haven't been back since then. Went through the Moments a couple of times, exploited the potions glitch for quick points, and when they fixed that, there really wasn't that much left to do. I'm too impatient to wait around 100 minutes for a potion to brew, and i'm not even sure if you can duel yet. Bit of a let down, really, besides for the new info and incredible artwork.

I'm kinda glad that I didn't get into the Beta and avoided some of the drama that occurred. I'm also glad that they pushed the opening back or I would never finish my NaNoWriMo novel.

For those who got into the Beta, is there enough at the site to keep you coming back in the long term?

Nope. Once you go through the first book twice, try your hand at a couple of potions and spells, there's really nothing left to do. The sorting and wand choosing WAS awesome, but you only get to do that once. Same with extra info. I don't think i will come back to pottermore until book 2 opens, but i am excited to get the extra info in all the other books. Of course, after that, there will be nothing much left to do since i will have seen it all. One thing they should really get is forums.

• 2 weeks later...

it sounds interesting, i'd love to join once it opens up! i'm nervous about the sorting, though...my first choice would be slytherin, then ravenclaw, then gryffindor, then hufflepuff...but i'm such a hardcore slytherin i think i would be devastated if i turned out not to be one!

I got in on the early registration, only I haven't gone back since. I tried to see what was what when I got my email that I could actually get in, but it is too confusing for general entertainment. I don't want to spend hours working things out or earning points or whatever. I couldn't even figure out how to get sorted. Yes, if I spent time I probably would, but I don't want a web site I hit up for entertainment to be so damn much work.

I logged on like three or four times and then got bored. The extra info was cool and I went through all that, but the potions were silly and dueling hasnt been up my whole time on there.

I got put into Slytherin and I'm sad about that, too.

I logged on like three or four times and then got bored. The extra info was cool and I went through all that, but the potions were silly and dueling hasnt been up my whole time on there.

I got put into Slytherin and I'm sad about that, too.

We're housemates! :D But i'm sad about being in Slytherin too. I haven't been on in a long time either. I will only go back when you can go through each new book for extra info. I am already working on a word document compiling all the extra info from book 1, so i won't need the site if i just write all the new stuff down. Anyone know when book 2 should be open? They're way behind schedule.

We're housemates! :D But i'm sad about being in Slytherin too. I haven't been on in a long time either. I will only go back when you can go through each new book for extra info. I am already working on a word document compiling all the extra info from book 1, so i won't need the site if i just write all the new stuff down. Anyone know when book 2 should be open? They're way behind schedule.

I'm housemates with both of you, but I would have been devastated had I been placed anywhere else (although I do consider Ravenclaw my second home). Where's your Slytherin pride? We have to stick together.

Agreed about only going back once they get the new books though. I haven't heard anything about the release of CoS yet though.

I'm housemates with both of you, but I would have been devastated had I been placed anywhere else (although I do consider Ravenclaw my second home). Where's your Slytherin pride? We have to stick together.

Agreed about only going back once they get the new books though. I haven't heard anything about the release of CoS yet though.

Back when they Beta period was just starting, I heard it would be around December 2011/ January 2012. But everything else is soooo behind schedule..it was supposed to open to the public like 2 months ago. I've heard nothing about the books beyond CoS though...I hope those don't take months and months of waiting each.

I never wanted to be a Slytherin :) Though I do see how parts of it can fit me. So i guess it's not all bad.

Archived