IGNORED

Pottermore (Merged)

Maggie Mae

Explains a lot about poor Ron's spells those first years!

Right? I have always thought that was a huge fail on Arthur and Molly's part. I know JKR was trying to show how poor they were, but considering how important "wand loyalty" is, they should've sucked it up and gotten Ron a new wand. Yes, wands are mysterious or whatever, but Ollivander knows enough to recommend that nobody use 2nd hand wands. At the very least, Ginny should've gotten the hand-me-down in her first year and Ron should've gotten an up-grade. I've always wondered if they had Ron win the wand from Charlie in a duel, but IDK how he really could've, because he didn't know any spells, or have another wand. It really is no surprise he had trouble in school. Parenting FAIL!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right? I have always thought that was a huge fail on Arthur and Molly's part. I know JKR was trying to show how poor they were, but considering how important "wand loyalty" is, they should've sucked it up and gotten Ron a new wand. Yes, wands are mysterious or whatever, but Ollivander knows enough to recommend that nobody use 2nd hand wands. At the very least, Ginny should've gotten the hand-me-down in her first year and Ron should've gotten an up-grade. I've always wondered if they had Ron win the wand from Charlie in a duel, but IDK how he really could've, because he didn't know any spells, or have another wand. It really is no surprise he had trouble in school. Parenting FAIL!

According to Wiki wand lore, ash wands are hard to win loyalty from so I completely agree!

*clutches wand to chest*

Waiting on my second email :(

I didn't realize what people meant when they said they were waiting on a second email. This is lame...my excitement is dying. I really just want to get sorted.

I registered yesterday morning and I got the email at 11PM :) should not be long!

I finally made it to the wand choosing: Redwood 14 1/2 inches, unicorn hair, hard! I like it :P

Hufflepuff! (and now I have to go write that paper lol

I got all the way to the Sorting Quiz, and I'm a Hufflepuff. It was either that or Slytherin, and I think I like being a Hufflepuff.

I got all the way to the Sorting Quiz, and I'm a Hufflepuff. It was either that or Slytherin, and I think I like being a Hufflepuff.

I love being a hufflepuff! I think I would have loved the magical creatures and herbology classes. Although that is the 25 year old me saying that, I think at 11 I'd rather have been Ravenclaw.

I love being a hufflepuff! I think I would have loved the magical creatures and herbology classes. Although that is the 25 year old me saying that, I think at 11 I'd rather have been Ravenclaw.

I went in thinking I'd be a Ravenclaw, because on most of the fansite quizzes I usually get Ravenclaw.

On another note, damn I hate making potions.

You must be a fascinating person, because a toss-up between Slytherin and Hufflepuff seems quite unusual!

I expected either Slytherin or Ravenclaw, but I think my Slytherin qualities probably do override my Ravenclaw qualities at the end of the day.

I went in thinking I'd be a Ravenclaw, because on most of the fansite quizzes I usually get Ravenclaw.

On another note, damn I hate making potions.

I agree! I have to write a paper so I gave up, but how do you use your wand?

Here is why Pottermore makes me sad: When I was sorted into Gryffindor, and it was just so weird to me, I decided to create extra accounts that I would later delete, just to see if I go resorted there. So I have retaken the sorting quiz twice. Each time it has sorted me in a different house. My 2nd result was Ravenclaw. My 3rd result was Hufflepuff. I'm so tempted to take it another time just to see if I somehow end up in Slytherin. I may take it a 4th time just to see which one I get placed in a 2nd time so I can take that one as the most valid. *sigh*

Here is why Pottermore makes me sad: When I was sorted into Gryffindor, and it was just so weird to me, I decided to create extra accounts that I would later delete, just to see if I go resorted there. So I have retaken the sorting quiz twice. Each time it has sorted me in a different house. My 2nd result was Ravenclaw. My 3rd result was Hufflepuff. I'm so tempted to take it another time just to see if I somehow end up in Slytherin. I may take it a 4th time just to see which one I get placed in a 2nd time so I can take that one as the most valid. *sigh*

Do you keep changing your answers?

I had a really hard time with the quizes because there were multiple answers that I could honestly pick. I had to decide with each question if it were the kind of question I should go with my first instinct or really deliberate my answer. I spent several minutes on each one, sometimes ending up with my initial reaction depending on the question, sometimes being more methodical.

I think you just have to really consider what each question is asking you and approach your answer in that way. Naturally several answers could appeal to you or fit your personality, and I think part of the quiz is the way you decide which approach to take in deciding on only one answer.

It's definitely canon to possibly fit into more than one house - many major characters experienced this.

Do you keep changing your answers?

I had a really hard time with the quizes because there were multiple answers that I could honestly pick. I had to decide with each question if it were the kind of question I should go with my first instinct or really deliberate my answer. I spent several minutes on each one, sometimes ending up with my initial reaction depending on the question, sometimes being more methodical.

I think you just have to really consider what each question is asking you and approach your answer in that way. Naturally several answers could appeal to you or fit your personality, and I think part of the quiz is the way you decide which approach to take in deciding on only one answer.

It's definitely canon to possibly fit into more than one house - many major characters experienced this.

Well, you don't always get the same 7 questions. (I think they come from a pool of 20+) When the questions were the same, I answered the same. I'm the type to deliberate over them. I definitely did not try to sway the results because I knew it would bother me later. It was weird when I was taking the quiz in Beta, I went back and discussed the questions with my daughter and ex, and we all had different answers, and very good logic behind out answers, so that did give me pause when I was taking this round. But, yes, where the quizzes overlapped, I did answer the same.

I just blew up 2 cauldrons :(

And cost Hufflepuff a bunch of points. :(

ahahah well for the temperature use the middle one, and wait until it reaches green then it will just count to 10 and you can stop it. The next part I could not figure out lol

ahahah well for the temperature use the middle one, and wait until it reaches green then it will just count to 10 and you can stop it. The next part I could not figure out lol

Yeah, potions are tricky.

Also, I blew up a 3rd cauldron, because I missed a step. :doh:

Yeah, potions are tricky.

Also, I blew up a 3rd cauldron, because I missed a step. :doh:

how do you do the want stuff then? lol

I got Ravenclaw. Not surprised. My 6 year old niece is very excited to start playing this week. I think it will be more fun for her to go through all the little steps. I just wanted to see what house JK Rowling would put me in.

Not really on topic with this thread, but are yall interested in reading her new book, The Casual Vacancy?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news ... 54200224/1

I'm so confused...I am going chapter by chapter and I can't get past Diagon Alley. What am I doing wrong? I want to be sorted.

I'm so confused...I am going chapter by chapter and I can't get past Diagon Alley. What am I doing wrong? I want to be sorted.

to get past it you have to get every item on your shopping list including the animal. once you're done, you'll get Ollivander's wand and then you'll be able to move on :) does that help?

Sophie, thanks...I finally figured it out. But now I'm stuck: owl, cat or toad???? It's like Sophie's Choice up in this joint!!!! (no pun intended to Free Jinger Sophie LOL)

ETA: I GOT A WAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dogwood with phoenix feather core ten inches unyielding

True Story: on the day we moved into our new home in KY from moving from CA when I was 6 I fell in love with a beautiful tree with bright pink flowers in our front yard. The very first thing I did was learn to climb it. Until I grew too tall, it was MY place. I would climb up there with a book and read for hours. Can you guess the tree??? It was a dogwood. My little brother was totally terrified by me being up "so high" and would constantly tell on me to my mother saying, "she's in the 'dogbush,' Mama!! Get her down from the 'dogbush!'"

AND NOW MY WAND IS DOGWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I'm a Ravenclaw. I confess I wanted Gryffindor. But I'm glad I'm not in Slytherian (no offense to other Slytherians - after all Snape was Slytherian). At least I can hang with Luna!

BTW, if anyone wants to be my Pottermore friend, I'm BronzeNox19857

I had a really hard time because I am such a cat person but owls are so useful I ended up getting an owl.

I blew up a cauldron. Also, spells are hard! I want to duel but I'm afraid I'll get obliterated.

Sophie, thanks...I finally figured it out. But now I'm stuck: owl, cat or toad???? It's like Sophie's Choice up in this joint!!!! (no pun intended to Free Jinger Sophie LOL)

ETA: I GOT A WAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dogwood with phoenix feather core ten inches unyielding

True Story: on the day we moved into our new home in KY from moving from CA when I was 6 I fell in love with a beautiful tree with bright pink flowers in our front yard. The very first thing I did was learn to climb it. Until I grew too tall, it was MY place. I would climb up there with a book and read for hours. Can you guess the tree??? It was a dogwood. My little brother was totally terrified by me being up "so high" and would constantly tell on me to my mother saying, "she's in the 'dogbush,' Mama!! Get her down from the 'dogbush!'"

AND NOW MY WAND IS DOGWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I'm a Ravenclaw. I confess I wanted Gryffindor. But I'm glad I'm not in Slytherian (no offense to other Slytherians - after all Snape was Slytherian). At least I can hang with Luna!

BTW, if anyone wants to be my Pottermore friend, I'm BronzeNox19857

I added you, I'm Queen Echo something

I got a cat, like cats too much, I have 500 Gal I can rent an owl, it's good for the economy lol

I added you, I'm Queen Echo something

I got a cat, like cats too much, I have 500 Gal I can rent an owl, it's good for the economy lol

I got a cat because we can't really use our owls anyway. Everybody has an owl at the top of the screen! It would be cool if getting an owl gave you something extra, though.

I am CatJinx14405, I would love some FreeJinger friends.

I got Hufflepuff. The husband laughed and said of course you did. I am waiting to find out what house he is in....I am thinking Slytherian.

It took forever to figure out the spells and potion making. I can't wait for the next story!

Archived