IGNORED

Pottermore (Merged)

Maggie Mae

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got something that said I can't get into Pottermore, but I am registerd.

I think they shouldn't have allowed so many people to register, when they can't offer anything. Then I could have waited... :roll:

If you registered last week, you get in in October unless you get picked for the small group that gets in this week (less than 5000) Everyone else who did not register last week gets to wait until next year.

If you found the "Magical Quill" and registered that way - you will receive an email sometime between now and October. I think it's 1,000,000 early entries around the world, but they won't all be allowed in at the same time.

If you did not find the magical quill, register, choose a user name, and validate your entry, but you did submit your email, you will receive an email in October when it is open registration for all.

Personally, I think it was all hype. It's how they advertised. For the most part, access won't come at all until October except for a very small number, regardless of how you got in. Even if you found the magical quill, you are not guaranteed anything.

It was a week long promotion without really having to do any advertising for the site.

I just got an email saying my account will be activated between mid August and September. Yay!

Apparently emails are starting to go out for entry into the Beta site - a few people on another forum I'm on have gotten their emails.

Ugh! I want mine so bad - have so much going on right now and I know I will lose so much time to this site, but I don't care!

Ok, color me stupid, but what is Pottermore? I haven't heard about this.

It's a website: pottermore.com and it promises to be an online community for HP people, along with selling electronic versions of the books (Thank God, my kindle is sorely missing HP).

I haven't gotten my second email yet, which is disappointing if people are getting in. I registered in the first minute of the first night.

I got my email. Like others, mid-August to late September. Gee, just days before it goes public. It bothers me that it was so hyped but the 'early' access is days, maybe a couple of weeks. But, I also went for it so it did what was intended.

Well, of course it was going to be like that! Most Betas are - this one is easily because at least we know we WILL get in eventually, unlike some Betas where you just sign up and cross your fingers. But it's all in good fun. Now, it's the people who buy accounts who are silly...

Ahahaha, I bet I get in five minutes before the public opening! I didn't manage to be home or awake for it until Day 7.

I got my welcome email this morning.

It's a pretty good time suck right now. I'm pretty happy with the experience, but there are a few things I would change.

For those of you who are waiting - I'm sure you'll get your emails soon.

Okay, so it looks like it is only "finished" through Philosopher's Stone, and the "dueling" is broken. But it's pretty cool. I was sorted and it found me a wand and I got to make some potions.

I just want to get sorted! Man. What house did they put you in?

Hufflepuff.

At first I was sad, but then I thought about it. I got to read a bunch of stuff about Hufflepuff that wasn't in the books. I am still very curious about the other common rooms though.

It wasn't like any other sorting hat quiz on the internet.

Hufflepuff.

At first I was sad, but then I thought about it. I got to read a bunch of stuff about Hufflepuff that wasn't in the books. I am still very curious about the other common rooms though.

It wasn't like any other sorting hat quiz on the internet.

That sounds soooo good! I really want my welcome email. Any day now!

I can't wait either and keep checking the inbox for the address I used!

Can you share any Hufflepuff tidbits with the rest of us?

Sure!

JK Rowling wrote that she always knew that there wouldn't be any reason to enter the Hufflepuff common room in the story, but it was just as "real" to her as the other entrances. You enter by tapping out "Helga Hufflepuff" on a barrel on the right side of the corridor near the kitchens. If you get it wrong (choose the wrong barrel, tap the rhythm incorrectly) the intruder is doused in vinegar. Oh, and Professor Sprout, as the head of Hufflepuff, shares all sorts of herbology stuff with her students, and the common room has lots of plants.

Hufflepuff sounds really comfy and homey and I think that it probably is where I would end up. I do value friendship and I like the color yellow (although not with black). The room "feels perpetually sunny" and I think I would really like it. Too bad Hufflepuff is losing the house cup. I do like to win things.

Archived