IGNORED

Pottermore (Merged)

Maggie Mae

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not doing the early sign up thing so I probably will join the masses when it eventually "opens to the public" lol. Good to know some tidbits ahead of time so I can drive my best friend crazy (she joins at the end of this month or next).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for mine too. I hope it comes soon. I've been checking my email way too many times a day to be normal. Although, once classes start again next week at least I'll have something else to do besides being obsessive.

Me to...

But I guess it is better for me this way- I still have to write two essays and I don't know if I would be able to do so with pottermore. :lol:

I just got my email! I've got my wand- Hawthorn and Unicorn 14 inches, and I'm sorted into....Hufflepuff! :D

Yay, Hufflepuff!

I thought I was going to be in Ravenclaw, but after reading the extra info on Hufflepuff I'm glad I got in. Plus, we are particularly good finders! :D

Editing out my username (thanks ridethekick ;) ).

I got in yesterday and I was a Day 3.

Cypress, 10.75", rather hard

and Slytherin. :o

I think I am going to have problems with this account that will necessitate a replacement one after Halloween where I can be sorted into my correct house!

I'm annoyed at Pottermore. For potions, it's 5 house points per successful potion (which takes a minimum 80 minutes to brew). It's 1 point if you fail a potion (which takes 30 seconds). The logical thing to gain points quickly is continually fail potions, I average about 20 points per 10 minutes. I just got reported by one of my fellow puffs (grr), for being one of a handful of people who were letting my house know about the quick way to get points. I really don't think it is cheating- because if so that is a massive oversight on the part of the developers of Pottermore. However, maybe it is cheating (and my excellent perceptive skills picked it up quicker than everyone else [/sarcasm]).

What do you think? It is cheating or not?

I don't think it is cheating, you are just using a quirk in the system that they set up to gain an advantage. Cheating would be if it was -1 point per failed potion but you somehow found a way to make it +1.

It does sound like something a Slytherin would do though!

I don't think it's cheating. I mean, it is a beta, right? So if they don't want you doing that, they'll make it so you can't. That's kind of the point of a beta, isn't it? To identify potential issues and get them ironed out?

edited to add complaint: arrrrgh I know a friend who registered just before me on the fourth day and got in this morning...pleeeeease come on pottermore I want my damn email! gah!

Yeah, I did a bit of research and it turns out most of the main point-earners were doing the same thing. The site is down now, at least for me, so maybe they are fixing it...?

Also Pottermore Insider said they are sending out emails daily now so it shouldn't be too much more of a wait!

Yeah, it does use ingredients. Spend wisely or beg for ingredients in your common room lol. I think we have to wait till CoS for more galleons.

It's a bit unfair how no matter what potion you make, you only get 5 points for a successful one.

ETA: Site is back up, they didn't fix the exploitable potions failure. There have been quite a few discussions and blogs about it, and quite a few have sent in feedback about it, so as far as I can tell the developers know about it and haven't fixed it, therefore, I'll keep earning the points.

anyone not get their email yet? I hate waiting.

Ugh, me too. Still waiting. What house do you think you'll be sorted into?

I could go any way, personally. I'll probably end up with Hufflepuff or Gryffindor though.

Ugh, me too. Still waiting. What house do you think you'll be sorted into?

I could go any way, personally. I'll probably end up with Hufflepuff or Gryffindor though.

I haven't gotten an email yet, either. I honestly don't think I care anymore, though. I fell in with the hype, then nothing. They didn't do a very good job of keeping my attention.

I haven't gotten an email yet, either. I honestly don't think I care anymore, though. I fell in with the hype, then nothing. They didn't do a very good job of keeping my attention.

Yeah I can understand that. Really the only thing that is drawing me in right now is the prospect of a more "official" sorting hat quiz. I've searched far and wide for a legit sorting hat quiz and haven't found anything very good. I guess it's more out of self-interest than anything, since I've always been the type to take 80 bajillion quizzes on the internet to "find out who I am" lol.

Seems like they have fixed the exploit. I just tried to fail and didn't get a point, and word in the common room is that there are more points being given for difficult potions. This is good, fair play :)

Archived