IGNORED

Nathan Lawrenson's Twitter

GeoBQn

I live in VA, and pretty much every school here kicks the shit out of Liberty. My kid could have gone there free and he's elsewhere. The entire city of Lynchburg is under that Falwell cloud.

Do you know how Liberty is ranked when it comes to academics? I have wondered about Liberty for the past couple of years because another blogger I used to read was always raving about it.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I live in VA, and pretty much every school here kicks the shit out of Liberty. My kid could have gone there free and he's elsewhere. The entire city of Lynchburg is under that Falwell cloud.

Charlottesville native and UVa grad. I cannot believe his snobbish disdain for state colleges....

UNC is a FABULOUS school and it is commonly called a "public ivy" (like UVA, William & Mary, Texas, etc). How dare he insult such an institution that he obviously knows nothing about.

Nate knows a few people who have attended UNC. His snobbish attitude probably keeps him from learning more about the school. I did see a list a few years back, where UNC was ranked as one of the top public colleges. I said it before, what bugged me was that he right away made it seem as if all UNC fans are poor just because they attend or support a state school. I'm not saying that being poor is bad or wrong. But by saying that they could only afford NIT tickets was messed up on Nate's part. I wonder, if he was secretly envious because many well to do Duke and UNC fans, alum, and students managed to get tickets to that game and he didn't. Nate and Tricia do seem financially secure, but I don't see them having extra dough to spend on a high profile rivalry basketball tickets.

I don't see how they can be financially secure. Nate is some sort of youth leader. Churches don't pay very well. Plus there's Gwen and the foster child, though the state gives them money for that, plus Trish's bills and health insurance costs and whatnot.

Maybe Nate's doing a book deal to get some money. He probably doesn't do well with photography and judging by his photos, I'd never pay him. I can do the same thing he does in Photoshop.

I don't see how they can be financially secure. Nate is some sort of youth leader. Churches don't pay very well. Plus there's Gwen and the foster child, though the state gives them money for that, plus Trish's bills and health insurance costs and whatnot.

Maybe Nate's doing a book deal to get some money. He probably doesn't do well with photography and judging by his photos, I'd never pay him. I can do the same thing he does in Photoshop.

I should have clarified that they are financially secure in the sense most of their bills are paid and they have cash for groceries and other non medical stuff. Nate and Tricia will never go hungry or have the electricity shut off because someone will step in and help them. I agree, Nate probably doesn't make that much money working for daddy's church. I don't think he makes much with that photography business. I think he gets most of his business from friends. I also think Tricia's family may be helping them somehow.

I doubt he and Tricia have extra money for certain things like college basketball games. Nate is definitely writing a book for money. I do think he cares about the CF community, but there are entitlement issues with him. He knows many in the CF community will buy his book. I do wonder if he has lost fans because of his twitter though. If the book does get published and released, it might do ok. Nate will probably do a media tour. On the blog, he talked about how he and Trish almost appeared on the 700 Club. I can see the Today Show or GMA giving him a segment to promote the book.

A first time author won't make a lot of money, though. Assuming he actually gets/has a book deal he'd get a modest advance but might not ever earn enough to get royalties from it.

The couple who blogs at Young House Love wrote about the financial aspects of writing a book recently. According to them if they divided their advance up by all of the time they spent writing the book, it would have worked out to around $5/hour for ONE of them. Once the book is on sale the author doesn't get royalties until the publisher has earned back the advance plus the costs of an illustrator or photographer and other costs associated with bringing the book to market. It's only when enough books are sold to reach the royalty point that the author will start getting royalty checks. Their publisher told them that many authors never get royalties because they never sell enough copies to get there, especially first time authors. FWIW, their book was a NYT bestseller and they still haven't reached the royalty point yet; they estimate it will be around a year before they do.

I wouldn't count on Nate making a ton of money from the book - especially if Tricia dies. Even if she makes it for a while her medical condition won't allow her to do book tours, shaking hands and signing dust jackets for hundreds of readers in a day. Methinks he'll be working as "worship leader" at Daddy's church for a long time to come.

I probably wouldn't buy his book. His story is really one that is seen all the time, especially since it won't likely have a happy ending. :( Even so, like Katiebug said - he probably won't get a lot of money for it. Although, stranger things has happened - maybe one day there will be a movie.

Lilwriter85: Ahhh yeah. I see it that way as well.

Honestly....Trish hasn't even done anything inspiring enough to warrant a book, which makes me think Nate wants to write a book about Trish for profit more than anything else.

Unlike Trish, Eva Markvoort and Ana and Isa Stenzel fought for organ donor awareness. The Japanese twins still do, and their documentary is amazing. They went all over Japan and still do, and the twins participate in the transplant games. Their life, and Eva's has been devoted to CF awareness.

While Trish is a cancer survivor and a double lung transplant recipient, she and Nate make no effort to do anything that doesn't revolve around them.

I read the blog for a week or two before Nate pulled down the archives. Like another poster said on the blog he seems like a nice guy and on twitter he is different person. His tweets regarding abortion are what irritates me the most. I can see Nate have Stephanie Nielson type book sale numbers and katiebug brings up good points regarding royalties and advances. Bloggers like Nate and Stephanie do have loyal followings, but their followings aren't extremely big.

Nate will probably write his book with a romantic tone to reel in the people who love any love story. The chapters about Tricia's pregnancy and Gwen's birth will likely be about how they fought against the doctors to not abort their baby. Nate and his book could gain large following with the anti-choice crowd. There are many anti-choice mainstream Christians that would applaud Nate and Tricia and I can see anti-choice organizations using Nate's book as an example of why you should never abort.

I can see Nate also trying to spin off into some motivational speaking career. I agree with Pearl, stranger things have happeend and a movie could happen someday. I think it would be a TV movie. I agree with katiebug, he will probably be working for daddy's church for a long time. I don't want to sound cruel, but he only milk certain situations for awhile.

Once Trish is gone, I can't see anyone caring much about Nate. She seems lovely, but he's an epic judgemental douchecanoe. His twitter has to have driven people off. And I have no doubt he bites his tongue over Beyonce. Among other things.

Once Trish is gone, I can't see anyone caring much about Nate. She seems lovely, but he's an epic judgemental douchecanoe. His twitter has to have driven people off. And I have no doubt he bites his tongue over Beyonce. Among other things.

I agree with this, people will move on from Nate after Trish's death. I have to admit some of Nate's whine tweets are a bit amusing because he comes off as a dumbass in the end. His whine tweet about liberal Beyonce lipsynching was annoying because lipsynching happens for a variety of reasons. Some of his Grammy tweets made no sense.

I was the one who said he comes off totally different on Twitter than his blog. I lost whatever amount of respect I did have once I started reading his tweets.

At least Trish isn't as open and loud mouthed as Nate. She's pretty quiet and reserved.

Nate knows a few people who have attended UNC. His snobbish attitude probably keeps him from learning more about the school. I did see a list a few years back, where UNC was ranked as one of the top public colleges. I said it before, what bugged me was that he right away made it seem as if all UNC fans are poor just because they attend or support a state school. I'm not saying that being poor is bad or wrong. But by saying that they could only afford NIT tickets was messed up on Nate's part. I wonder, if he was secretly envious because many well to do Duke and UNC fans, alum, and students managed to get tickets to that game and he didn't. Nate and Tricia do seem financially secure, but I don't see them having extra dough to spend on a high profile rivalry basketball tickets.

It's annoying when people like Nate make such assumptions. It's funny because Duke's fan-base is LARGELY made up of random people who have absolutely no tie to the University at all. Not saying that Carolina's isn't, but still at least it's North Carolina's University, so theres a big sense of state pride or whatever for some people. Carolina is overall a very strong school and has higher ranked business and nursing schools than Duke does. Now I'll get off of my soap-box because obviously I'm on a rant defending a place near and dear to me. And sorry Nate, I can afford tickets to the game in March where the Heels will BEAT Duke's ass.

Tweet from Pastor Daddy Lawrenson

Rick Warren ‏@RickWarren

In a culture where anything goes, that culture goes down the toilet.

Retweeted by NathanLawrenson

Do you know how Liberty is ranked when it comes to academics? I have wondered about Liberty for the past couple of years because another blogger I used to read was always raving about it.

Better than it used to be, but still not stellar, and most state colleges are better.

I have been to both...and even my crappy classes at state colleges were better than a medium quality class at LU. But Annette has attended more recently, and I think she said the academics are much better now.

The have done a ton of fundraising for Trish's medical trust. Not begrudging them that, and it was smart of her parents to do it. I don't know how much is in there, but they certainly have some costs covered that someone struck by lung disease tomorrow would not have.

And he is still an asshole.

Yeah, I would probably do the same thing, so I understand that. It makes sense.

My Googlfu says a worship leader in the south gets $23k-30k a year. I understand that the cost of living is signification lower in SC compared to California, New York, and other expensive states, but that still doesn't seem like nearly enough money for a man with a wife, two kids (even though he gets money for the foster child every month), a mortgage, cars, and so on.

NathanLawrenson â€@NathanLawrenson

Christians who place a high priority on steering clear of controversy will ultimately steer clear of the Gospel.

Sure. Whatever makes you feel better about people having a problem with the things you tweet.

This must be what he was referring to with the "controversy comment."

NathanLawrenson â€@NathanLawrenson

Excellent response about @TimTebow from pastor of First Baptist Dallas. Praying Tebow will learn from this.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/2 ... as-church/

Oh? You think that a man who said that homosexuality and "pedophilia are linked," Mormonism is "a cult," and Judaism and Islam are from "the pits of hell" gave a good response? Please point out to me at which point this fuckwad is giving a good response!!!

Hey Nate, I pray you'll learn to shut up. Oh wait, that'll never happen.

Wtf is it with fundies and such praying over every little thing???

I just checked, and Liberty has an acceptance rate of 96%. Mainly it's known lately for it's on- line learning stuff. They've made it into a cash cow.

For fun, get a buzz on and google Liberty's student conduct code. There's no sin you can't buy your way out of.

I just checked, and Liberty has an acceptance rate of 96%. Mainly it's known lately for it's on- line learning stuff. They've made it into a cash cow.

For fun, get a buzz on and google Liberty's student conduct code. There's no sin you can't buy your way out of.

their distance learning was big before the days of the Internet. Especially in prison.

You have no idea how liberal the current conduct code is. I need to find my 1994 copy of the liberty way

Archived