IGNORED

Nathan Lawrenson's Twitter

GeoBQn

Absolutely. And anyway, if you reject your first pair then you're chances of rejecting the second pair of transplanted lungs is even higher. Medically, it does not make sense for her to get lungs above someone else who hasn't even had their chance at a new pair. Though I can't blame Trish for hoping, I would be scared out of my mind if I were in her shoes.

LMAO at pube beard. I thought the same thing.

The Duggars are pretty harmless in comparison to Nate.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think in some ways the Duggars are more harmful than Nate. When it comes to Gwen's hearing impairment and other health issues, Nate faces them. The Duggars seem to have denied Josie certain therapies and help. They constantly talk about how healthy she is when others know that issues still remain. Nate also has Gwen in a pre-school and maybe her special needs are part of the reason. When it comes to family, I think Nate is a few steps ahead of the Duggars. I can see Nate being friends with Josh. All of the Duggars would love Nate and Tricia because they didn't abort.

I don't think Nate can be labeled fundie lite, he doesn't come from a QF family. He seems a bit more conservative than other conservative Christians. Some conservative Christians are ok with abortion in certain cases. With Nate, his whole attitude is "never abort". I think Nate veers into a Mark Driscoll or Kirk Cameron type evangelical. The Mark Driscoll types aren't into having QF families, banning sports or entertainment, but there is darkness in their beliefs.

I wasn't insinuating that Trish be treated differently because of what Nate says on Twitter. Sorry if it came off that way. She deserves care and respect from her doctors, but I think if I were their doctor, I wouldn't feel good about having Nate around, knowing that he's two-faced and trashing the place that's trying to help.

Trish might be sweeter and less opinionated. It's Nate that's an egotistical douchewad.

I think there's a big difference between your experience, Treemom, and Nate and Trish's. Nate and Trish went against medical advice and weren't preventing having a baby, and then Nate goes around and acts as if the doctors were trying to murder an innocent child, because according to Nate, that's what abortions are. Except it's not murder (or else it would be 100 percent illegal and women would be charged criminally), and the pregnancy put Trish in danger.

I am sure son's teacher's husband didn't do anything to jeopardize his chance at transplant.

I get what you are saying there. I too would uncomfortable with Nate being around. I also agree with fundiefan, he probably isn't anyone's favorite person at Duke.

Nate's latest tweets

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson

My fever is back...this time accompanied with sinus drainage. Praying it's gone by tomorrow as Tricia has important doc appts early

Tricia had severe back pain last night...kept her awake all night. Meds to help give her nausea. Please pray for resolution.

Should he even be around Trish with an infection?

And poor Trish, but praying doesn't solve anything. Nate thinks it's the answer to everything. Sigh.

Sometimes I think that Gwen being born alive and Tricia getting her first lung transplant set up Nathan's sense of entitlement. It's like he felt that these were special miracles from God and that those miracles showed God's favor and now Tricia deserves a second lung transplant. While I believe in God, I don't think that God dispenses favors to his elect few. I think that we have brains and that we should use them.

If Tricia felt that a shortened life is worth having a biological child, then I'm glad she was able to attain her goal. But, to think that she could have a child and not bear the consequences of those actions is naive and ultimately will probably bring her down more than if she accepts the consequences.

It always saddens me to think of people's lives being shortened, but this isn't a shocking end...unless some medical breakthrough happens a shortened life was a forgone conclusion. Nate made a choice to marry someone who he was more than likely going to outlive. And this isn't bad - it's good - but, to think that the normal healthy family with biological children was in his future is just setting himself up for sadness and suffering.

It seems to me (and perhaps their doctors because she isn't listed) that the second lung transplant is grasping at straws. I hesitate to criticize too strongly because I'm not sure how I'd react in this situation, but I know how I'd like to think I'd act.

I don't think Nate can be labeled fundie lite, he doesn't come from a QF family. He seems a bit more conservative than other conservative Christians. Some conservative Christians are ok with abortion in certain cases. With Nate, his whole attitude is "never abort". I think Nate veers into a Mark Driscoll or Kirk Cameron type evangelical. The Mark Driscoll types aren't into having QF families, banning sports or entertainment, but there is darkness in their beliefs.

Nate is the exact thing I think of when I think fundie lite.

Well, they have a very small quiver, but didn't they do exactly what the regular QFs claim to do and leave it up to God? They are certainly more worldly than the hardcore fundies, but I think their beliefs dovetail quite nicely w/ the lites.

Should he even be around Trish with an infection?

And poor Trish, but praying doesn't solve anything. Nate thinks it's the answer to everything. Sigh.

I was also wondering about too. A couple of months back, Nate lectured on twitter about how everyone should get flu shots. I figured he was referencing Tricia and her immune system because of the transplant.

Well, they have a very small quiver, but didn't they do exactly what the regular QFs claim to do and leave it up to God? They are certainly more worldly than the hardcore fundies, but I think their beliefs dovetail quite nicely w/ the lites.

They pretty much did. Michelle Duggar has a bit of arrogant attitude towards doctors and medical advice. Nate and Tricia were kind of the same way. Nate and Tricia are more worldly than some fundie lites. Some fundie lites only listen to Christian music, don't watch TV, etc. Nate listends to mainstream music and watches mainstream movies. He would blend in well people like Lori, Miss Raquel, and maybe Kendull. So far I haven't seen Nate talk about homeschooling and Gwen goes to pre-school. I can see where he would differ from a lot of fundie lites.

I was also wondering about too. A couple of months back, Nate lectured on twitter about how everyone should get flu shots. I figured he was referencing Tricia and her immune system because of the transplant.

I would have a face mask on, hand sanitizer, and gloves on to prevent the spreading of germs. And flu shots while good in theory, only protect against the strains of flu that doctors think are going to be big that year. It doesn't mean you can't, or won't get the flu.

I'm allergic to some shots and can't get the flu or h1n1 vaccine. It's been about 8 years since I've last had the flu.

Mel Bowman ‏@swismiself

@NathanLawrenson Never expected to see such intolerance and judgement preached from someone so devout.

@swismiself "As you wish." I'm not sure how to respond to that? What do you mean?

I never believe anybody when they say they've been reading me for years and are just now being shocked by the things I believe. Never.

Jane M ‏@AgentJaneM

@NathanLawrenson I understand your thinking here. While I may not agree with EVERYTHING you say, not much surprises me after 5.3 years.

kristina Beaubien ‏@hawtshot74

@swismiself @nathanlawrenson I guess I don't understand how this is a reflection of his devotion?

Nate just tweeted that Mel is referring to a pic he posted on instagram. I guess Mel thought Nate was LGBT friendly. I've said this before, Nate doesn't realize that his own daughter is different and will likely endure bullying or discrimination because of her disabilities. Nate is an asshole to be ok with discrimination of LGBT, but yet he would go around asking that no one discriminate against his hearing impaired daughter.

09f08f52821811e2b4cc22000a1fbe13_6.jpg

Nate's caption to the pic.

[ @ ] nathanlawrenson The top story and bottom story are inseparable. We can't open the Pandora's Box without everything being affected. What one generation tolerates, the next will embrace. #cnn #cnnhomepage 15h

Lord a'mercy, I sure HOPE that what one generation merely tolerates the next will embrace!

I hope, hope, HOPE that my children can grow up in a world with more tolerance and less discrmination based upon someone's sexual orientation. We can't even fully eradicate intolerance based upon rase or gender, the LEAST we should be able to do is realize that sexual orientation is not different than those others.

What a sad world we live in. I'm never bringing a child into the world if I can help it.

This might sound bad of me, but I feel like tweeting him and asking him how would he like it if someone discriminated against his daughter for having disabilities.

Nate's caption to the pic.

Yes, it's so scary for nonwhites to be legally people and them wimmin voting and all of that integration of schools has just mucked up society beyond repair.

This might sound bad of me, but I feel like tweeting him and asking him how would he like it if someone discriminated against his daughter for having disabilities.

Please do!

[ @ ] nathanlawrenson The top story and bottom story are inseparable. We can't open the Pandora's Box without everything being affected. What one generation tolerates, the next will embrace. #cnn #cnnhomepage 15h

Oh, good.

If it weren't for the reference to Pandora's box and the knowledge of the poster, if i'd just seen that quote isolated, I'd probably have read it as optimistic. :lol: And besides, I always liked the version of Pandora's box where the last thing that leaves the box is Hope.

Please do!

I really want to do it, but apart of me feels bad about bringing his daughter into it over twitter. I still have some sympathy towards Nate regarding Tricia and Gwen. I hate to talk about bad things happening, but his daughter is definitely going to be bullied or endure discrimination in her life. There are still a lot of people in this world that have trouble tolerating or accepting people with disabilities. I have heard and read people say that "disabled people are a drain on society". You could probably find some people who will straight up tell you that they are cool with LGBT people, but they will say that they aren't ok with disabled people.

Gwen is in pre-school and maybe kids have already teased her. But once she is in a elementary school, more kids will pick up on the fact that she is different and kids can be very cruel. Kids get bullied for a variety of reasons, but a disability even if it is minor puts a child at a higher risk. I don't know if Gwen has any cognitive disabilities related to being a micropreemie. But if she does that will also increase the risks. I have observed some people who are ok with people with physical disabilities, but they aren't ok with intellectually disabled people.

I found an article about the Lawrensons from 2010. It states that at the time of the article/interview, Gwyneth wasn't showing signs of learning disabilities.

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/12/two-yea ... -christmas

ETA: I just found this video. Tricia claims she was given permission to get pregnant after she married Nate. I wonder if that is true.

I found an article about the Lawrensons from 2010. It states that at the time of the article/interview, Gwyneth wasn't showing signs of learning disabilities.

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/12/two-yea ... -christmas

ETA: I just found this video. Tricia claims she was given permission to get pregnant after she married Nate. I wonder if that is true.

I got the impression she was "given permission" as in, it isn't a good idea, but you are healthy enough to do it now if you just insist. The "permission" or rather medical advice was withdrawn when she got ill. She was told to stop.

Nate's inspired quite the discussion.

NathanLawrenson

â€@NathanLawrenson

The top story and bottom story are inseparable. We can't open the Pandora's Box without everything being… http://instagr.am/p/WTFcwmDVfX/

Jane Northrop â€@efuego

@NathanLawrenson They are inseparable, and it is very exciting to see. Thanks for sharing!

Mel Bowman â€@swismiself

@NathanLawrenson Everyone deserves equal protection under the law, and equal status as human beings.

Mel Bowman â€@swismiself

@NathanLawrenson Jesus preached love, tolerance, & patience. If God created us all, who are you to pass judgement on His work?

NathanLawrenson â€@NathanLawrenson

@swismiself are you honestly wanting me to answer that, or is this just a drive by criticism?

Mel Bowman â€@swismiself

@NathanLawrenson As you wish.

@swismiself "As you wish." I'm not sure how to respond to that? What do you mean?

Mel Bowman â€@swismiself

@NathanLawrenson Whatever makes you happy. I've been following you for years and praying for your wife and daughter.

Mel Bowman â€@swismiself

@NathanLawrenson Never expected to see such intolerance and judgement preached from someone so devout.

kristina Beaubien â€@hawtshot74

@swismiself @nathanlawrenson I guess I don't understand how this is a reflection of his devotion?

I never believe anybody when they say they've been reading me for years and are just now being shocked by the things I believe. Never.

Nathan either doesn't realize or doesn't care that he projects very different images of himself between his blog and twitter. Plenty of people here thought he was one way from his blog, then were blindsided by his hatred when they discovered his twitter.

Nate comes off as a bit dim, I kind of he doesn't he projects different of himself on the blog and twitter. He doesn't realize that the way he acts on twitter might turn people away from his book. I don't think he has an official deal yet, but I think he has a good chance of getting a deal through a Christian publisher. Not all Christians are extremely conservative like him. I can see less conservative Christian and liberal Christians being turned off some of his hatred. I know Christians who are liberal about a lot of things except abortion. That would be only thing they would have common with Nate.

I think he has probably turned off some people in the CF community. He has had shitty attitude towards Duke U Medical Center for awhile and that probably turns people off. Yes, the healthcare industry here in U.S. has its problems, but it still better than the other countries. Nate's whining makes him out to be entitled brat. I'm glad a couple of people on IG called him about the whine pic of the patient ID scanner.

I'm a liberal Christian. I don't discriminate, I don't think hating on other people is cool, and so on.

I knew Nate was a Christian. But on his site, he came off as compassionate and caring. On Twitter, he comes off as an intolerant a-hole.

Archived