IGNORED

Nathan Lawrenson's Twitter

GeoBQn

Thank you treemom and HeckBound for the info on Liberty. I'm laughing more at Nate and his disdain for state schools, after finding out that info about Liberty.

As for Nate's comments regarding Tim Tebow, he is disappointed that Tebow didn't go speak at the anti-gay, anti-Mormon, anti-Muslim church. He is hoping Tebow will end up speaking out against those groups in the future. Nate doesn't realize that there are Muslims and Mormons in the sports world. Tebow likely wants to keep peace with athletes in those religions because there is a chance that he may end up having a Mormon or Muslim teammate. Nate was a big on supporting Republican Mormon Romney, but now he is anti-Mormon.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if this tweet has to do Tebow controversy.

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson

Christian, it is impossible to "everyday preach the Gospel" without using words. Romans 10:14

Coach Mike Krzyewski from Duke called Nate on the phone. Nate says it was out of the blue. I bet one of his friends arranged it. Not trying to be cruel, I think Tricia's illness might have be the reason Coach K called Nate.

HOLY COLLEGE BASKETBALL BATMAN!!!!! GUESS WHO JUST CALLED ME AND HAD A FIVE MINUTE CONVERSATION WITH ME!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes, this is me having a five minute conversation with the one and only Mike Krzyzewski!!! He called me… http://instagr.am/p/WDiq7fDVQV/

Yeah, I would probably do the same thing, so I understand that. It makes sense.

My Googlfu says a worship leader in the south gets $23k-30k a year. I understand that the cost of living is signification lower in SC compared to California, New York, and other expensive states, but that still doesn't seem like nearly enough money for a man with a wife, two kids (even though he gets money for the foster child every month), a mortgage, cars, and so on.

They live in Nags Head I believe, in the Outer Banks. We vacation there and it is definitely not cheap. Interior rural NC can be cheap, but the OBX are a vacation destination area. Knowing what the real estate is there, anyone would be hard pressed to make it on $30K.

I admit that part of me wondered if the reason they kept "the foster", as Nate so lovingly referred to their foster child on the blog when Tricia's condition started to decline in the summer :roll: , was to keep getting the state subsidy for him/her.

I live in Connecticut and know people who went to other colleges and yet are die-hard fans of Duke, Syracuse, Notre Dame, etc. It always strikes me as a little weird that someone who is a UConn graduate could be a Duke basketball fan, but in the little that I follow professional sports I root for teams from the Detroit area rather than the NY/Boston teams, so I don't really think much of it. Liberty U is not known for either academic rigor or athletic prowess and the one Liberty grad who I know IRL is a UConn fan.

A book from Nate would sell well in the Christian bookstores but I'm not sure how much mass market appeal there would be. They don't seem to be terribly active in transplant advocacy or CF awareness on a national level. Nate seems like a fundamentally self-centered guy. Sure, they raise funds for Tricia's trust, but do they do anything for Duke, the hospital that saved both Tricia and Gwyneth? All Nate seems to have done for the last few years is bitch about Duke!

I don't think a book from Nate would have mass market appeal. IIRC, he said on that FB page that the book was going to be written from a faith viewpoint. I can see that turning off some people. His main target audience will be devout Christians and some of the CF community. I think he has probably pissed off people from CF community with his twitter. I mentioned in a previous post about his book possibly being a favorite in anti-choice crowds. I can see Ray Comfort making a documentary on Nate and Tricia and how they didn't abort. A documentary might be more likely than a movie.

Nate's tweets about the Oscars

Of the two women who just sang at the #Oscars which one was lip syncing? Three guesses, two don't count...

The only time I can understand what Adele is saying is when she's singing. BTW, great 007 song. #Oscars

"This is getting a little too weird for me." Said Tim Burton in real life, never. #Oscars

Nate's conversation with another guy on Taratino

Brian Wickens ‏@wicksational

Holy crap #Tarantino is an arrogant piece. Just wow

@wicksational funny, I expected his speech to be off the wall but thought it was good, didn't get arrogant at all.

@wicksational I mean, all of Hollywood is arrogant, but he wasn't any more than par.

Brian Wickens ‏@wicksational

@NathanLawrenson I guess maybe I am too used to watching the fake humility in Hwood. His "I created this" and "thanks for the competition".

@wicksational nine year old girl pumping her fists...now that's arrogant..

Did you see Wolverine jump up to help that crazy girl who tripped? That's a superhero for you! #Oscars

Nate tried to be funny but failed. His conversation with that guy were annoying especially because both of them kept flip flopping on the arrogance of celebs. Not celebs are arrogant. Again, I wonder why Nate bothers watching this stuff and I guess he can't translate British people lol. I wonder what is up with his "crazy girl" comment about Jennifer Lawrence.

Oh they did NOT just diss my teeny tiny little Quvenzhané Wallis.... That girl has more class in her left ear than either of those twits do in their whole bodies...

Oh they did NOT just diss my teeny tiny little Quvenzhané Wallis.... That girl has more class in her left ear than either of those twits do in their whole bodies...

I haven't seen the movie that she is in, but she seems like a sweetheart. She has more class that Nate and his fanboy. Well the main awards season is on hiatus for awhile. I doubt Nate will tweet bout the MTV Movie Awards or some of the smaller awards shows. I wonder what he will bitch about when the Emmys come around.

Coach Mike Krzyewski from Duke called Nate on the phone. Nate says it was out of the blue. I bet one of his friends arranged it. Not trying to be cruel, I think Tricia's illness might have be the reason Coach K called Nate.

Agreed, it is only because of Trish's health.

Agreed, it is only because of Trish's health.

I also have to wonder if Nate's friends or family have tried to get other famous people or more media attention for Nate and Tricia. A couple of NC newspapers did several articles about them years ago and there was a magazine article too. I stilll have to laugh at Nate claiming the call was "out of the blue". I bet it was per-arranged and Nate played "surprised" for the pic.

49 mins NathanLawrenson NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson

Five years ago this week, Tricia was listed for her first transplant...still no news about being listed for a second transplant...

Pretty sure she'll never get it. A couple of pages ago, a CF'er chimed in and I have to agree with everything that's been said. She got pregnant and against medical advice, had Gwen, and with Nate talking bad about Duke? that isn't helping.

I feel bad for saying this, but Nate acts as if she's entitled to a pair and doesn't see the bigger picture. She wasn't complaint the first time around. It's not going to happen.

Yeah. Duke warns against pregnancy as being too stressful on Tricia's body, and Natedouchebag talks about them like they were chasing her around with a wire hanger.

There are people out there waiting for their first second chance. I don't see how she gets to the top of the list.

^ I agree. A lot of people are waiting for their first transplant, so why would Trish get a second pair above everyone else?

If my life were in jeopardy, if I knew having a baby could quite possibly kill me, then I would have done something about it like sterilization. Trish and Nate played baby roulette, then act as if everyone was against them even though doctors warned them about having a kid.

They knew the risks, they went ahead anyways, and now Trish is paying for it big time. They are truly delusional.

If I were the transplant doc, or part of the transplant team, and I somehow came across Nate's tweets trashing Duke, I would set him aside and tell him to knock it off. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Also, Nate has been very vague about why she hasn't be re-listed. I don't know if it's because he realizes that Trish already went through a pair of lungs + Gwen/pregnancy against medical advice + post transplant lymphoma, or if he stays quiet for some other reason.

If I were the transplant doc, or part of the transplant team, and I somehow came across Nate's tweets trashing Duke, I would set him aside and tell him to knock it off. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Also, Nate has been very vague about why she hasn't be re-listed. I don't know if it's because he realizes that Trish already went through a pair of lungs + Gwen/pregnancy against medical advice + post transplant lymphoma, or if he stays quiet for some other reason.

I agree, you don't bite the hand that feeds you. Though, I think it would difficult for someone at Duke to try and censor Nate's twitter, he would argue free speech. I've said this before, but I think someone at Duke already knows about Nate's twitter. People have known about his blog for several years now and the twitter is too easy to find because of that.. I wouldn't be surprised if Duke staff members dread having to deal with Nate because of the twitter and past news articles. The doctors who dealt with Tricia's pregnancy were probably pissed because of some the crap Nate told a couple of newspapers and that magazine. Nate whined about they were telling her to abort. In medical sense, the doctors weren't wrong. They weren't being malicious, they were thinking about Tricia's life which was already extremely complicated. I also suspect that Duke received threat notes/hate mail from anti choice whack jobs because of some of the articles about Tricia.

If I was in a situation similar to Nate and Tricia's, I would have aborted and kept quiet. I would have never talked to the media about doctors recommending abortions. There are some truly crazy anti-choice whack jobs who have killed doctors or employees of abortion clinics. I would never say anything that could lead to the harm of other people. Nate probably doesn't think about that and we all know that he still hates those doctors.

According to the blog (when it was still up), she was put on the list for a second transplant, and then deactivated because other health issues had caused her to lose too much weight.

Bashing Duke on Twitter is stupid and obnoxious, but it would be horrible if medical professionals made life-and-death decisions just on the basis on a patient's spouse mouthing off.

According to the blog (when it was still up), she was put on the list for a second transplant, and then deactivated because other health issues had caused her to lose too much weight.

Bashing Duke on Twitter is stupid and obnoxious, but it would be horrible if medical professionals made life-and-death decisions just on the basis on a patient's spouse mouthing off.

I agree with that. I think the doctors and others at Duke, keep sweet around Nate for Tricia's sake.

I don't think those who make decisions care what he says on Twitter. They probably roll their eyes and say "well, that's Nathan". I'd be willing to bet he's not anyone's favorite person at Duke. But, that's my opinion.

His sense of entitlement - about everything - puts him at the bottom of the barrel as far as I'm concerned. But, that wouldn't affect decisions I made (were I in that position) regarding his wife; she isn't him and his being an ass has nothing to do with her medical situation.

Tricia played Russian Roulette with her life when she got pregnant. Even though it was pre-transplant, it was still a huge gamble. She got her kid and she got her lungs. I think, as a non medical professional, that she was careless with her body when she chose to have a child. She wasn't pregnant before she got sick; she's been sick her whole life. It's never been advisable for her to become pregnant, yet they chose to do so anyway. In spite of that, she still got a transplant. Good for her; they got their second chance.

It's the height of hubris to even consider the idea that they'd get a third chance above someone who hasn't even gotten a second. From what I've read, I'd bet it's Nate who believes HE is entitled to his wife getting a third chance. Tricia is hopeful and not giving up and fighting for her life. I've never seen anything from her (in what little I've read from her) that makes me think she is as full of entitlement as her husband.

Careless and irresponsible, yes. Entitled - I don't see it.

Either way, I don't wish her death, but I do hope that people who have not already been given their second chance take priority.

I really appreciate those in the CF community who have weighed in on this. Not the same, but I do have limited experience with transplants.

4 years ago I offered to be a altrustic donor for my son's 3rd grade teacher's husband. He had a genetic kidney disorder and had already had a failed familial altruistic donation (not from rejection, but the kidney just never was truly successful) and she was pregnant with their first kid unexpectedly. I loved her dearly and she was an amazing teacher to my son, so I offered.

They wanted to go through other routes first because of the tenuous link and I think some guilt over using me, but ultimately I ended up being chosen. In the meantime he had lost the first transplant and had no kidneys and was on dialysis in rough shape. Everything looked good...and while the transplant clinic was a BITCH to deal with (as in I ended up actually paying some bills...) I was happy to do so. However, the final tests once it was determined I was a good match showed reasons we could not continue.

He was able to get a kidney from a cousin, but I know since he was on his second transplant of no fault of his own he was lower on the list. He probably would not have lived waiting for a cadaver organ. Organs are always in demand and when you aren't compliant, and are not using multi-levels of birth control, then you even further hurt your chances of a donation.

I wasn't insinuating that Trish be treated differently because of what Nate says on Twitter. Sorry if it came off that way. She deserves care and respect from her doctors, but I think if I were their doctor, I wouldn't feel good about having Nate around, knowing that he's two-faced and trashing the place that's trying to help.

Trish might be sweeter and less opinionated. It's Nate that's an egotistical douchewad.

I think there's a big difference between your experience, Treemom, and Nate and Trish's. Nate and Trish went against medical advice and weren't preventing having a baby, and then Nate goes around and acts as if the doctors were trying to murder an innocent child, because according to Nate, that's what abortions are. Except it's not murder (or else it would be 100 percent illegal and women would be charged criminally), and the pregnancy put Trish in danger.

I am sure son's teacher's husband didn't do anything to jeopardize his chance at transplant.

I wasn't insinuating that Trish be treated differently because of what Nate says on Twitter. Sorry if it came off that way. She deserves care and respect from her doctors, but I think if I were their doctor, I wouldn't feel good about having Nate around, knowing that he's two-faced and trashing the place that's trying to help.

Trish might be sweeter and less opinionated. It's Nate that's an egotistical douchewad.

I think there's a big difference between your experience, Treemom, and Nate and Trish's. Nate and Trish went against medical advice and weren't preventing having a baby, and then Nate goes around and acts as if the doctors were trying to murder an innocent child, because according to Nate, that's what abortions are. Except it's not murder (or else it would be 100 percent illegal and women would be charged criminally), and the pregnancy put Trish in danger.

I am sure son's teacher's husband didn't do anything to jeopardize his chance at transplant.

Oh I know, that was my whole point...which is...it is already hard enough to get an organ when you don't even need a cadaver...when you need a double lung transplant, are on your 2nd set and have already been non-compliant and difficult, well what do you expect?

I don't think Nate is as fundy as many of the people we discuss here, but for whatever reason, he freaks me out more than almost all of them. There's just something about his particular "brand" of whatever coupled with his douchy attempts to seem normal and mainstream that I find legitimately frightening. This doubtless makes me a stereotyping bitch, but perhaps it's that with a lot of the other fundies and fundy families discussed on FJ, it's easy to see that they're "of the world but not in it" based the presence of frumpers, permed mullets, or a quiver full of blessings, so it's (unfortunately) not surprising when they bust out the hate speech, but Nate looks like a fairly average thirty-something dude. It's not until you interact with him that you realize he's a hateful piece of shit.

Plus, seeing his smug, pube-beardy face makes me want to punch him in the throat.

Archived