IGNORED

Nathan Lawrenson's Twitter

GeoBQn

I think it was to shame him/her. Nate said something once and someone I know responded to him, and he was like: "if you can't control yourself, I'll block you."

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did he tweet the above? To rub it into a UNC fan, to try to shame that person? It just makes him look like a jerk.

On another note, if I were still a fundie - I would say he has put his wife up as an idol in his life.

My guess is the UNC fan didn't like his douche tweet about state school education. It possible the UNC fan was mad about another comment he mad about UNC. But I'm sticking to my theory that someone was pissed about the state school education tweet and called him out on it. I think Nate tweeted that response to shame that person, he made himself look like a bigger asshole. His followers saw that the tweet about state school education and thought it was douchy. No one retweeted or favorited it.

I almost thought about tweeting him and asking if he was saving to send Gwen to Duke. But I decided not because he and Tricia are still in Durham and she isn't doing well. Like I mentioned before, the chances of his daughter attending Duke or another private college are slim and he knows it. His friends and relatives who saw that tweet also know it too, but they probably won't call him out on it.

Thanks for the confirmation treemom. I had been wondering if he graduated from Liberty. That is another reason why he shouldn't mock state colleges.

I think that person is right though. I thought Nate was a decent guy until I read his Twitter. It's kind of appalling. And it's really tacky of him to talk about Duke in a bad way.

Not only that, but it's very easy for his family and Duke staff to find his Twitter and read everything he rights, but something tells me nobody that personally knows him will say something.

I know I stopped liking him when I started reading his Twitter. He needs to learn discretion. I hated his nasty and superior tone when people would confront him on some of his tweets. Especially since some of the responses were written politely.

I wonder why he would be such a school snob since he doesn't have ANY degree. Do you think he thinks he's better than all the "state school" graduates because he spent some time at Liberty? Maybe his stay at Duke has made him feel like an alumni?

It's sad, really, because I want to be sympathetic to his situation - but all I can think of is that he's a spoiled brat.

I think that person is right though. I thought Nate was a decent guy until I read his Twitter. It's kind of appalling. And it's really tacky of him to talk about Duke in a bad way.

Not only that, but it's very easy for his family and Duke staff to find his Twitter and read everything he rights, but something tells me nobody that personally knows him will say something.

I think Nate's friends and relatives coddle to him in a way. They probably agree with some of the stuff he writes and believes, but I think they would get annoyed with him after awhile. His friends and relatives might not call him out on certain things because they feel sorry for him because of his situation with Tricia. His whining about Duke Medical Center is a bit of a slap in the face especially Duke has a good reputation and they cared for Tricia and Gwen after the birth and the transplant. I said it before, he has probably pissed someone off at Duke and maybe a Duke employee has confronted him.

I know I stopped liking him when I started reading his Twitter. He needs to learn discretion. I hated his nasty and superior tone when people would confront him on some of his tweets. Especially since some of the responses were written politely.

I wonder why he would be such a school snob since he doesn't have ANY degree. Do you think he thinks he's better than all the "state school" graduates because he spent some time at Liberty? Maybe his stay at Duke has made him feel like an alumni?

It's sad, really, because I want to be sympathetic to his situation - but all I can think of is that he's a spoiled brat.

I think it is combination of both. Nate's pastor daddy might have sent him to Liberty to avoid the ebil state colleges of North Carolina. But I get the vibe that Nate has been fan of Duke basketball his whole life. The rivalry with UNC probably adds to his snob attitude towards state colleges. I can also see him feeling like an alumni because of time he Tricia have spent at the medical center and in Durham. I know people who have dropped out of college for different reasons and they aren't bad people because of it. Nate's comment is just annoying because he generalized all state school students, alumni and fans as being on a "budget". I hope some wealthy state school alum gives him a smack down someday.

Nate's comment is just annoying because he generalized all state school students, alumni and fans as being on a "budget".

Not everyone can have a Pastor Daddy who can support them when they feel like they can't work. Pfft.

I wonder if he's had to work for anything in his life. You'd think he'd be more humble since Trish's medical costs are probably astronomical.

I wonder if he's had to work for anything in his life. You'd think he'd be more humble since Trish's medical costs are probably astronomical.

I think probably before he married Tricia, he did work for other things. I don't know his backstory, but based on website for his daddy's church it seems he hasn't been on the staff for a very long time. He has probably worked for other people than his pastor daddy. I do get what you are saying about thinking he would be more humble. I think Nate has the mentality, "I have insurance and help from my family" so I don't need to be humble. He is pretty lucky compared to many people in similar situations. Like others in this thread have said, I won't begrudge the help he gets, but he comes off as a entitled spoiled brat.

If he does get his book published, I see him developed a bigger ego and I can see him acting worse. He is starting to remind me of Stephanie Nielson, the Mormon blogger who was burned in a plane crash in 2008. She has received tons of help from family, organizations, and people in the media. She still comes off as an entitled brat about many things. She got a memoir published and that made her a bit worse.

Recent tweet:

NathanLawrenson â€@NathanLawrenson

Nothing like your wife's doctor saying "and why are you here again, who scheduled this appt?" to start the day out right...

Recent tweet:

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson

Nothing like your wife's doctor saying "and why are you here again, who scheduled this appt?" to start the day out right...

That does seem kind of rude, but maybe the doctor forgot about Tricia having an appointment.

Yes, but I wouldn't complain publicly about the dr. or the hospital if I needed a lung transplant. That's something you keep to yourself or say behind closed doors.

Yes, but I wouldn't complain publicly about the dr. or the hospital if I needed a lung transplant. That's something you keep to yourself or say behind closed doors.

I agree with you. Nate probably thinks that no one from the hospital knows about his twitter. But I think someone does know.

I will LOVE for someone...anyone, to call him out on his behavior. But it'll never happen.

I think it has happened, but Nate doesn't admit it. It seems from last week that someone did call him on his comments on UNC via direct message or another social networking site. Somebody might have already called him on his Duke hospital comments. I think Nate's friends and relatives hold back from calling him out on certain things.

Recent tweet:

NathanLawrenson â€@NathanLawrenson

Highly doubt those were the exact words. He probably got annoyed when they didn't bow down to him, and tweeted that. He's not a reliable witness...

LilWriter85: that's true

Emme: good point. I wonder how much of that is exaggeration and how much of it is real

I tend to look at people a bit skeptically when it's everyone's fault but their own. His friends and family probably don't say anything because of the suffering he's going through...or maybe they totally agree with him. His father has tweeted some awful comments himself. Anyhow, someone who loves him should step in and suggest that he keep some of his more negative thoughts to himself until he can think clearly again.

Emme: good point. I wonder how much of that is exaggeration and how much of it is real

Thanks flyaway. I'm feeling kind of bitchy today, so I'm in no mood to tolerate Nate's shit. lol

I would say a lot of things on his twitter are exaggerated. Last week on instagram, he posted that pic of patient id scan thingy at Duke and he claimed that he had never seen it used once. I think he was probably lying just to slam the healthcare industry paritally because the Duke staff isn't completely catering to Tricia. I also bet the recent tweet about the insurance company was also exaggerated. Even outside of healthcare subjects, he exaggerates a lot of stuff. Some of his whining in the days after the Superbowl about the Ravens and Ray Lewis was exaggerated and even though I'm a 49ers fan, I was irritated with his whining. I almost felt tweeting this, "I'm a 49ers fan and I've moved the fuck on from the Superbowl."

I tend to look at people a bit skeptically when it's everyone's fault but their own. His friends and family probably don't say anything because of the suffering he's going through...or maybe they totally agree with him. His father has tweeted some awful comments himself. Anyhow, someone who loves him should step in and suggest that he keep some of his more negative thoughts to himself until he can think clearly again.

I have also seen some of the stuff Daddy Lawrenson tweets. I would say that the Lawrenson family likely usually agrees with everything Nate says, but I'm sure some of Nate's friends have disagreed with him on once in awhile or didn't something he tweeted. When comes down it, I think people hold back with Nate and I think coddling does go on a bit too much.

Yes, I think when he tweets something related to Duke, it's because he's bitter that he and Trish not getting speshul snowflake treatment.

I'm sure there's a reason that ID thingy exists and I believe someone mentioned that they have seen it used before, just not super often.

I'll be surprised if Trish gets lungs, but still am surprised she's around. Nate makes it sounds like she's been dying for a while. She has been really sick lately, but if she was listed in the first place, she had to be healthy enough at some point to survive the transplant.

I live in VA, and pretty much every school here kicks the shit out of Liberty. My kid could have gone there free and he's elsewhere. The entire city of Lynchburg is under that Falwell cloud.

Archived