IGNORED

Nathan Lawrenson's Twitter

GeoBQn

NathanLawrenson â€@NathanLawrenson

Anybody else in RDU getting ready to watch the duke game on CBS without any audio? Is it just me TV?

Was he flying somewhere? RDU is the code for Raleigh-Durham Airport. Or do people call the metro area RDU as well?

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Nate was calling the metro RDU. They are still in Durham and Nate has posted pics of him and Gwyneth at a park. He also tweeted that Tricia didn't fall asleep until 7 this morning because of back pain.

metro Raleigh is known as the triangle. Anyone notice there is no mention of foster-wonder if that was all of the messages about being obedient were about.

I don't think Nate can say much about the foster. I'm not sure, though. I know he can't (or won't) take pictures of him to put online.

I kind of feel sorry for the foster child. It seems Gwyneth goes often to Durham and Nate takes her places. I remember a tweet sometime in December where he mentioned saying goodbye to the kids. Since then, it is mostly "Gwyneth is coming to see us" or "I said bye to Gwyneth" type tweets. Like I said before, I think Nate and Tricia got into fostering as way of expanding their family. But I still feel that Nate might be sketchy in regards to the foster child. I can sort of see why some of those MWOP commenters suspect Nate is doing fostering for the stipends.

I wonder if the foster is still around. You'd think Nate would talk about him. Nate used to take pics but in a way where you can't see the child. He also posted a picture of the foster child's artwork some time ago.

The foster child is still around because a few weeks back Nate took a picture of a hat that the foster was wearing. I think the situation with the foster is a bit weird. Nate will occasionally mention him, but from twitter it seems strongly implied that Nate, Gwyneth and Tricia are the family. I think some of Nate's followers forget about the foster at times.

I don't know if it just me, but I find this to be kind of messed up.

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson

Before you start sipping the green beer, keep in mind that there is a spike in transplants on March 18th thanks to drunk drivers.

ETA: I can see that there is some truth to Nate's tweet, but I think it comes off as harsh and I hate to say this, but I bet if Tricia was listed for transplant, today Nate would be hoping for someone to end up brain dead because of an accident.

Nathan's such a bad writer that the tone of all his tweets is pretentious assholery. I think it's because he's so uneducated. Perhaps he should have gone to a state college. Although, why bother if daddy can give you a job where you don't have to work to get paid. Despite all the suffering he's going through - he kind of has it made.

How on earth is he going to write a book? Well, I guess a good editor would help.

And it's a dumb tweet because tomorrow is a work day. I think there will be less people getting drunk, compared to St. Paddy's day falling on a Friday or Saturday.

Based on that FB page he has for the book, he seemed to imply that he has a publisher interested and it could be possible that an editor has been looking at his writings. His tweet is kind of dumb because many people don't celebrate St. Pat's day and like you said flyawaystray tomorrow is a work day. In the areas, where St. Pat's day is heavily celebrated city governments and the local police do take extra caution by offering additional ways for people not to get behind the wheel after drinking.

Nathan's such a bad writer that the tone of all his tweets is pretentious assholery. I think it's because he's so uneducated. Perhaps he should have gone to a state college. Although, why bother if daddy can give you a job where you don't have to work to get paid. Despite all the suffering he's going through - he kind of has it made.

I agree with this. Nate doesn't have a traditional 9 to 5 schedule. These days, some people have some flexibilities in their jobs because of telecommuting or sometimes home based businesses, but often many can't take days or weeks off at a time to tend to an ill spouse or family member. Work deadlines have to be met for many people. Nate's job is at a church and others probably can easily take over his duties while he is gone. I do wonder how big the church is.

Overall, compared to others in similar situations he has it made. He doesn't have to worry about not having groceries or the bills paid. His daddy and some of the church members would probably step up in pay for stuff if Nate and Tricia were having money problems. He can take off time whenever he wants to. A part of me wonders if Nate dropped out of Liberty because he couldn't hack it. I also doubt his side photography business does well. I think he said something about not shooting weddings.

Another thing, I wonder about with Nate if he is a difficult person to get along with or maybe he has poor people skills in work situations. Those reasons could be why he works at daddy's church. Other couples or families that are dealing with serious illnesses sometimes move to certain areas to be closer to certain hospitals. Nate and Tricia could easily be living in Durham all the time, but I suspect Nate wouldn't want to be working for other people.

Hi everyone! Long time lurker here and my fist post :)

I have CF. I find it really fascinating to see CF discussed on a snark board. I totally agree with everything everyone has said about Nate. I have followed them since they found out she was pregnant. And I never realized who he truly was till I found his twitter a while back. He is a bigot and nasty person to anyone who isn't like him. I too am curious about their finances with his salary at daddy's church (does he ever actually work?) and her staying at home. And how he can just up and leave his kids to stay by his wife's side hours away. If I were to need a transplant it would be 3 - 4 hours away from home and no way could (or would) my husband leave our 2 kids for weeks or months for them to be cared for by my parents or inlaws (who would would happily do it but that isn't the point). Maybe we would relocate as a family if necessary for a time but this situation is just weird to me.

Anyway, despite all that he is clearly in pain and feeling out of control and lashing out by being more and more hateful. I doubt he is getting counseling either. I can put myself in Trish's shoes very easily and I just feel SO bad for her. I can't imagine leaving my kids and knowing that your only hope is fading fast. It makes me so sad. Why haven't they looked at other transplant centers? The speculation posted previously about whatever is holding them back is most likely a deal breaker at other clinics looks more and more plausible but a second opinion can never hurt. Luckily I am in good health and nowhere needing a transplant. I am almost 32 btw. I did lose my only brother to CF in 98 when he was 13. How will Nate feel about his special god when Trish dies? How will this affect Gwen? Her mom will have hardly seen her in the last months of her life and that is seemingly ok with everyone? Will she remember mom going away for a long time and then one day there are no more visits and she was just gone? I have a daughter that age and I would want to spend as much time as possible with her (and my 8yo son) while others helped to care for her (leaving the easy stuff like lots of snuggles to me). As it is now we have tons of family support and wouldn't do it any other way. My parents even live around the corner and my kids visit them daily.

Oh as for CF camps there is 1 still in existence and I went to it for a few years when I was 16-18. I absolutely loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat (I was also very good friends with the director for a time) but I have multi resistant bacteria and am not allowed anymore. The CFRI also hosts a teen and adult retreat every summer and I have also been to that one (it was great!). The no contact guidelines are getting more and more strict - now they say that no more than 1 CF person should be in attendance at any indoor event and outside they should maintain a 6 foot distance. To me (and this is only me) I think it is crazy and isolates us more and more. Sure the computer is great but it just is not the same. Maybe I would feel different if my child were the one with the disease (I'm sure I would) but I grew up in a time when they encouraged contact and friendship and have a hard time liking the way it is now.

well I will step off my soap box and you may all now get back your regularly scheduled discussion :)

Hi everyone! Long time lurker here and my fist post :)

I have CF. I find it really fascinating to see CF discussed on a snark board. I totally agree with everything everyone has said about Nate. I have followed them since they found out she was pregnant. And I never realized who he truly was till I found his twitter a while back. He is a bigot and nasty person to anyone who isn't like him. I too am curious about their finances with his salary at daddy's church (does he ever actually work?) and her staying at home. And how he can just up and leave his kids to stay by his wife's side hours away. If I were to need a transplant it would be 3 - 4 hours away from home and no way could (or would) my husband leave our 2 kids for weeks or months for them to be cared for by my parents or inlaws (who would would happily do it but that isn't the point). Maybe we would relocate as a family if necessary for a time but this situation is just weird to me.

Anyway, despite all that he is clearly in pain and feeling out of control and lashing out by being more and more hateful. I doubt he is getting counseling either. I can put myself in Trish's shoes very easily and I just feel SO bad for her. I can't imagine leaving my kids and knowing that your only hope is fading fast. It makes me so sad. Why haven't they looked at other transplant centers? The speculation posted previously about whatever is holding them back is most likely a deal breaker at other clinics looks more and more plausible but a second opinion can never hurt. Luckily I am in good health and nowhere needing a transplant. I am almost 32 btw. I did lose my only brother to CF in 98 when he was 13. How will Nate feel about his special god when Trish dies? How will this affect Gwen? Her mom will have hardly seen her in the last months of her life and that is seemingly ok with everyone? Will she remember mom going away for a long time and then one day there are no more visits and she was just gone? I have a daughter that age and I would want to spend as much time as possible with her (and my 8yo son) while others helped to care for her (leaving the easy stuff like lots of snuggles to me). As it is now we have tons of family support and wouldn't do it any other way. My parents even live around the corner and my kids visit them daily.

Oh as for CF camps there is 1 still in existence and I went to it for a few years when I was 16-18. I absolutely loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat (I was also very good friends with the director for a time) but I have multi resistant bacteria and am not allowed anymore. The CFRI also hosts a teen and adult retreat every summer and I have also been to that one (it was great!). The no contact guidelines are getting more and more strict - now they say that no more than 1 CF person should be in attendance at any indoor event and outside they should maintain a 6 foot distance. To me (and this is only me) I think it is crazy and isolates us more and more. Sure the computer is great but it just is not the same. Maybe I would feel different if my child were the one with the disease (I'm sure I would) but I grew up in a time when they encouraged contact and friendship and have a hard time liking the way it is now.

well I will step off my soap box and you may all now get back your regularly scheduled discussion :)

Welcome to FJ keepercjr. I'm sorry about the loss of your brother and what you going through. Thank you for giving us additional info on CF. I have also wondered about how Nate's parents or inlaws feel about having to constantly care for the kids. Since they are religious, they might view it as a way of serving God by helping out Nate and Tricia. But I know some people would have their breaking points if they had to constantly take care for their grandchildren. I get the feeling that Nate's parents are ok with constantly coddling their son.

Wow, that was informative. Thank you! Sorry to hear about your brother.

A good point has been raised. Why hasn't Nate tried another transplant center? Is it because there's a low chance of Tricia getting accepted somewhere? Or maybe it's too expensive to relocate, and Nate can't afford it. He's latching on to Duke, as if suddenly, the transplant team will change their mind.

Nate is going to lose it when Trish dies, and poor, poor Gwen. I feel bad for her the most because of all she's been through.

Wow, that was informative. Thank you! Sorry to hear about your brother.

A good point has been raised. Why hasn't Nate tried another transplant center? Is it because there's a low chance of Tricia getting accepted somewhere? Or maybe it's too expensive to relocate, and Nate can't afford it. He's latching on to Duke, as if suddenly, the transplant team will change their mind.

Nate is going to lose it when Trish dies, and poor, poor Gwen. I feel bad for her the most because of all she's been through.

CL did question why Nate and Tricia aren't trying at another transplant center somewhere in this thread. She speculated that Nate and Tricia's story regarding the pregnancy might have spread around to other hospitals. It could be possible that other doctors and hospitals aren't going to be willing to work with them. Even if they tried at another transplant center, they probably wouldn't afford to relocate and Nate would have to get job wherever they relocated to. Nate at times tries to make it seem like he is doing well financially, but I suspect there are some things he can't afford. He had that dumb ass tweet about UNC basketball fans not being able to afford tickets, but yet he doesn't really go to Duke games. I suspect that his friend treated him to that hockey game last week.

Nate also doesn't have additional resources to relocate either. He doesn't have a college degree or any other vocational education or training. Maybe he could land a photography somewhere, but that having a photography job would be mean he would have to follow a set work schedule. I don't know about his work history prior to daddy's church, but he might not have even have a lot of other job skills. Nate is kind of a joke like how Josh Duggar is. Nate cuts down state college students and state college alums, but yet he is beneath many of them in a financial sense. I'm not trying to be cruel. But there are many state college alums making much more money than Nate and the current state college students are actually trying to better their lives because not all of them have daddies who will give them jobs.

I can understand not relocating, BUT I would put myself way into debt if it meant I had a good shot at another life. He also has Gwen and the foster to think about. Maybe if he didn't have them, he would be more free to try other centers.

I had a dream last night that I was visiting someone at Duke, and I was walking out while Nate and Trish were walking in. She didn't have oxygen on and looked fine other than needing a walker for assistance. Clearly, I spend too much time on FJ.

I can understand not relocating, BUT I would put myself way into debt if it meant I had a good shot at another life. He also has Gwen and the foster to think about. Maybe if he didn't have them, he would be more free to try other centers.

I had a dream last night that I was visiting someone at Duke, and I was walking out while Nate and Trish were walking in. She didn't have oxygen on and looked fine other than needing a walker for assistance. Clearly, I spend too much time on FJ.

Thing is, she'd already had one lung transplant and they don't tend to do it a second time when there are people waiting for lungs who haven't previously had a transplant. I know it sounds callous. I don't know much about them or CF for that matter, but from what I've read on this thread it sounds like she's sort of at the point where transplant lungs start to not function as well...

Well unlike Trish, I wouldn't have had a child or anything like that. I plan on being childfree forever, just because I feel like it's right for me.

I know what you're saying and it probably is harder the second time around, but it might also be worth a shot, depending on the situation. I would have to weigh the pros and cons, but if I were truly desperate, I'd look into other transplant centers. To be fair, it's one of those situations that you have to be in to fully understand it.

Thing is, she'd already had one lung transplant and they don't tend to do it a second time when there are people waiting for lungs who haven't previously had a transplant. I know it sounds callous. I don't know much about them or CF for that matter, but from what I've read on this thread it sounds like she's sort of at the point where transplant lungs start to not function as well...

Maybe CL will post on here later. CL has given a lot of info on CF. I believe she said that earlier that CF lung transplant patients average around 7 years after transplant. Tricia is around the five year mark.

Nate is hating on the gays and throwing out Bible verses.

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 3h

North Carolina church vows to stop marriages until same-sex couples can wed. Ephesians 4:14 http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/18/no ... z2O2DJfRMm …

NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson 3h

For those who love Pepsi, consider this. When Tricia's tube feed gets clogged and turns to cement, we use Pepsi to de-clog it. #PureAcid

I thought the tweet about Pepsi and Tricia's tube feed was kind of douchy.

Not only that, but he was complaining about a restaurant, saying it was bad because they didn't give him napkins automatically. Nate, you're an adult. ASK for them, sheesh. He complains about EVERYTHING.

It's true, you do pour soda down a feeding tube to unclog it. But I bet dollars to donuts that he also drinks soda. And he's not exactly a picture of health, he eats out a lot. Not saying you can't eat out and be unhealthy, but I think he's being a bit hypocritical.

Archived