IGNORED

Nathan Lawrenson's Twitter

GeoBQn

Last I heard, there was only one CF camp left in the US. CFers are warned to keep 4 feet distance from any other CFer in real life, so they had to close all of the CF camps.

Why is that chaotic life?

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NathanLawrenson ‏@NathanLawrenson

blessed is the man who doesn't curse out the person who told him to bring his wife to the clinic at 8am when their appt isn't until 2pm...

Why is that chaotic life?

There's a HUGE risk of infections spreading from CF'er to CF'er.

Nathan ticks off the Catholics.

NathanLawrenson @NathanLawrenson

Watching Vatican reminds me of how blessed I am to be a priest and a saint, with constant access to the God of the universe. #gracenotworks

Emily DeArdo â€@CapChoirGirl

@NathanLawrenson Catholics *do* have access to God....why do you think we don't?

NathanLawrenson â€@NathanLawrenson

@CapChoirGirl is that what I said?

Emily DeArdo â€@CapChoirGirl

@NathanLawrenson kinda feels like it with "grace not works" following right after it....

Jen Minson â€@mamajen4

@NathanLawrenson I have that as a Catholic

ViolinMama â€@ViolinMama3

@NathanLawrenson As a Catholic, I differ in your statement but glad you watched. It was nice to feel the prayers from all walks today. Thx!

kristina Beaubien â€@hawtshot74

@NathanLawrenson I'm a catholic and I have access to God and I have plenty of grace. Ur suggesting we don't isn't very fair.

Well, he's insulted just about every other demographic of humans he possibly could, why NOT the Catholics as well now?

As for why CFers cannot go be near each other, it's as the PP said, cross contamination. They used to encourage relationships but then they discovered that while the reallly NASTY stuff that grows in a CFers lungs is harmless to normal healthy lungs, it is not harmless to another CFer with a set of defective lungs. Now, they have the four foot rule. Clinics following CFF guidelines schedule patients with similiar bacteria cultures to see the doctor each day of the week to limit exposure to those growing other bacteria. They also park boxes of facial masks at the clinic entrance and all CFers are supposed to wear them except in the exam room with the door shut. The clinics are also suppose to follow careful protocals for cleaning the rooms and rotation for filling them again between patients to also limit cross contamination between patients even after all of the other precautions.

Honestly, that isolation is important in relation to Nate because he IS isolated from the community he needs to be surrounded by now. Because of our limitations on physical contact with each other, our community has thrived online in ways we've been forbidden to be together in real life now. Nate has built up this online persona and shut out the CF community from his and Tricia's life as if he is something better than this community. Yet, we are the very community he NEEDS to tap into if he and his family are going to manage to survive what they are enduring now. Instead, he spouts off in anger and continues to isolate himself from the community that would willingly support him.

I know Tricia used to be very active in the online CF community but is not able anymore. Nate was never interested in it, except he also cannot escape it.

Maybe he doesn't get into the CF community online because he can't manipulate them the way he does everyone else. If another CF'er saw the way he trashes Duke, they'd be livid.

Well, he's insulted just about every other demographic of humans he possibly could, why NOT the Catholics as well now?

As for why CFers cannot go be near each other, it's as the PP said, cross contamination. They used to encourage relationships but then they discovered that while the reallly NASTY stuff that grows in a CFers lungs is harmless to normal healthy lungs, it is not harmless to another CFer with a set of defective lungs. Now, they have the four foot rule. Clinics following CFF guidelines schedule patients with similiar bacteria cultures to see the doctor each day of the week to limit exposure to those growing other bacteria. They also park boxes of facial masks at the clinic entrance and all CFers are supposed to wear them except in the exam room with the door shut. The clinics are also suppose to follow careful protocals for cleaning the rooms and rotation for filling them again between patients to also limit cross contamination between patients even after all of the other precautions.

Just out of interest, what would happen if someone had two children with CF?

This probably doesnt happen very often as most people would take precautions when it comes to having children if they knew they were a carrier, but what about Abigail, who is actively trying to have as many children as possible despite the possibility of her having children with CF?

Families with multiple children do the best they can to prevent cross contamination but cannot really observe the 4 foot rule. It's not uncommon for the kids to culture each other's bugs. As adults, some siblings with CF disregard the rule and some follow it religiously.

There was a couple that met and married. Adult CFers violate the rules all the time by their own choice. There was one in the community several years ago that loved to seduce CF women for the thrill and danger of it. However, the married couple met in defiance of the rules but fell in love. However, the husband just lost his wife this winter and his own health has tanked significantly in his grief at losing her.

Most adult CFers tend to get very upset when parents deliberately give birth to multiple children with the disease. However, it still happens that a family has an infant or toddler who gets diagnosed and checking all of the other siblings reveals that multiple children have the disease. The most heartbreaking case I know is a family where the 8th child was diagnosed with CF after failing to grow and repeated respiratory infections. Testing all of the kids showed four of the eight children had CF and no one knew.

Chaotic Life- I have heard of mild CF but that is amazing-4 of their 8 children all tested at once? How terribly sad. How is the family doing now?

Chaotic Life, I am so sorry for the loss of your precious son.

I am also very sorry for Tricia and for the children, but Nate makes it really hard to feel sorry for him. He's just so hostile and judgmental.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Chaotic Life. I'm so glad that you had the time you did with your son and I know he was and is too. Hugs.

I really don't like Nathan, or at least the guy he seems to be on Twitter. It makes me sad, though, that he's going out of his way to alienate just about everyone when he really needs support. Sigh.

Maybe he doesn't get into the CF community online because he can't manipulate them the way he does everyone else. If another CF'er saw the way he trashes Duke, they'd be livid.

Once in awhile, Nate CF community related tweets and on the blog he promoted CF related documentaries. I think he has already pissed off people in the CF community for different reasons. Other CFers have probably seen how entitled and ungrateful he is. I know a few people with other chronic and autoimmune diseases and they have voiced their frustration with some of the issues with American healthcare. But they also acknowledge that the healthcare industry here is better than other countries and they are grateful for that.

With Nate he whines about things that he can't always control or things he doesn't understand. His whining over a patient ID scan machine at Duke was pointless and others called him out on his bullshit claim about the machine never being used. Some of the Nate's tweets in regards to Duke often scream "My wife and I deserve special treatment." I'm not trying to sound cruel, but he and Tricia have brought stuff on themselves. Her past history and the pregnancy with G, might be a factor into why she isn't being relisted. Nate also recently whined about an insurance company, he didn't go into deep detail, but I suspect it was the health insurance company. I suspect Nate is a person who sometimes can't deal with unfair things in life and he ends up acting like a huge entitled asshole.

His Catholic bashing isn't new. He bashed some Catholic commercial last week. I think the only people Nate would never bash are Protestants who are very conservative on issues with abortion and gay marriage. I know less conservative Christians who are ok with abortion in certain cases and some likely would have supported someone like Tricia aborting a dangerous pregnancy. Nate probably loathes the liberal Christian types who are ok abortion in any case. Nate would probably dislike Christians who support gay marriage.

I was raised Catholic and I'm now an atheist. There are things about the Catholic Church that I still respect. I have met nuns and priests over the years that have bigger hearts and much nicer personalities than douche Nate. My parents are also friends with a few Catholic deacons which are kind of like worship pastors. Deacons in the CC aren't paid and many often juggle their day jobs with church duties. The Catholic deacons actually live up to their roles unlike Nate with his worship pastor job. I understand that Tricia's illness and appointments often keep Nate busy and away from their hometown. But it is a kind of a joke for him to have a paid position at the church while not doing much. I hate to sound cruel, but Nate's daddy bats way too much for Nate. I have to kind agree with those people on MWOP who said that Nate should be working more.

From an anti-choice standpoint, Nate should also be grateful that the Catholic Church is around. The Catholic Church and some of the followers are the ones that do a lot lobbying and rallies against abortion. Yes, Protestant denominations do a lot too. Nate probably had a secret hard on for Catholic politician Rick Santorum who wanted to outlaw abortion.

Nate is still fighting with Catholics.

CatholicAgape ‏@CatholicAgape

@NathanLawrenson ...you might want to study up on what the RC Church actually teaches before attempting to preach on it.

@CatholicAgape I actually know more than you think. The problem is, my understanding of justification differs greatly from yours.

Yeah, I saw that and rolled my eyes. What a smug jerk. He needs to shut up and take care of his family instead of ranting all day on Twitter.

I predict that Nate will keep quiet for a few days. I think he does he get tired of ranting and fighting at times. The NCAA basketball tournament will be here soon and Nate will then shift his twitter activity to sports tweets and occasional slam tweet against the ebil public colleges.

I want to thank everyone but especially lilwriter and chaotic life. It isn't your job to educate the world about CF, but I appreciate what you have shared here and the education I have gotten from it. I still am not sure what I want to do, but the formula supplements is a good place for me to start. I really did think, prior to this discussion here that living with CF was akin to living with HIV these days. Where many or even most who are getting treatment and medication will have a long lifespan. That clearly isn't the case. One of the first things I tried to figure out is if the pulmonology department at the children's hospital I work for does CF research. I don't think we do...so I want to figure out where my money will make a difference in lives. (also, I wish we did, since we cover all costs not covered by insurance!)

Thanks again...

I kept hearing about the 30 something year lifespan with CF, yet all the CF'ers I know have either died in their early-mid twenties or younger, or have faced transplants in their mid 20's. What CL said made a lot of sense.

The only time he's tolerable is when he tweets about sports.

I don't find some of his sports related tweets to be tolerable. In the days before the Super Bowl, he was trashing Ray Lewis too much and after the Super Bowl, he kept trashing the Ravens and Ray Lewis. I said before, I'm a Niners fan and I was mad about the loss, but Nate's constant whining about the Ravens annoyed me. During the football season, I agreed with some of the stuff he was saying and I rooted for the Redskins against some of the teams that I can't stand. When it comes to college basketball, Nate annoys me with constant Duke bragging. I now see why Duke and their fans are hated by others.

I want to thank everyone but especially lilwriter and chaotic life. It isn't your job to educate the world about CF, but I appreciate what you have shared here and the education I have gotten from it. I still am not sure what I want to do, but the formula supplements is a good place for me to start. I really did think, prior to this discussion here that living with CF was akin to living with HIV these days. Where many or even most who are getting treatment and medication will have a long lifespan. That clearly isn't the case. One of the first things I tried to figure out is if the pulmonology department at the children's hospital I work for does CF research. I don't think we do...so I want to figure out where my money will make a difference in lives. (also, I wish we did, since we cover all costs not covered by insurance!)

Thanks again...

I have learned a lot about CF from chaotic life. I commend her for educating us and helping us understand Tricia's situation better. It is brave of her write about her son and what he went through. I think there are many different ways to help the CF community. I admit there are things about Tricia and Nate that will always piss me off, but Nate is only a tiny part of the CF community and there are probably other parents and spouses out there who are doing much more for the CF community than Nate does. I have said it before here, but there is something sketchy about Nate and I wouldn't be surprised if he is misusing money from his church or the trust fund for Tricia.

A lot of CF families and loved ones do Great Strides, or have fundraisers and donate the money to their local CFF. Interestingly enough, you NEVER hear Nate about doing a CF walk, or donating to the CFF, or even raising awareness about CF. It's all me, me, me.

A lot of CF families and loved ones do Great Strides, or have fundraisers and donate the money to their local CFF. Interestingly enough, you NEVER hear Nate about doing a CF walk, or donating to the CFF, or even raising awareness about CF. It's all me, me, me.

I did a google search on Nate and CF events. He did organize a CF walk in the OBX a few years back.

http://obsentinel.womacknewspapers.com/ ... ats198.txt

He and Tricia also spoke at some Duke event in 2011. He has a done a bit for the CF community. But he can still be a douche about things. He whines a bit too much about Duke. Yes, Duke isn't perfect and in general the American healthcare industry isn't perfect either. But healthcare here is better than some countries. Nate should count at least count his blessings in regards to that. I also have to wonder if Nate and Tricia possibly have medical related debts that no one outside their families know about. They do have that medical trust fund for Tricia, but that has probably taken dents over the years. I don't want to be negative, but I suspect that some of the "adversity type" bloggers like Nate and burn victim blogger Stephanie Nielson misuse money donated to them. With Stephanie Nielson it has been suspected for the past few years that she and her husband have misused donation money. Nate never put up donation links on the blog, but fundraisers in OBX have been held for Tricia over the years and according to the MWOP commenter his church was collecting money. Maybe Tricia and Nate are using the money wisely, but Nate still gives me a bad a vibe.

I do plan to donate to a CF organization this month. I have done awareness/fundraiser walks in the past and I will be doing my first MS walk in a few weeks in support of a friend with MS. I wouldn't mind participating in a CF walk. This might sound cruel of me, but if Nate ever put a donation link online for Tricia, I wouldn't donate to it.

Tricia used to have a donate button on her blog, but I don't know if Nate ever had one himself. They were involved in the CF community until Tricia got her lungs. I saw a post not long after her transplant where Nate admitted that replacing her lungs does NOT cure CF but ever since that point, he has acted like Tricia's issues are no longer CF related, which is stupid. Tricia has CF that is the underlying cause of every one of her medical issues and it will be the cause of death listed on her death certificate, along with whatever secondary symptom of CF ultimately causes her death.

Non-CF lung recipients average 20+ years post-transplant on just one new lung. CFers typically get around 7 years and rarely survive 10 years post-transplant with two lungs. Obviously, despite Nate's walking away from the CF community, new lungs do NOT cure CF.

I can't tell you if Nate's walking away from the CF community is because he got famous off of Tricia's lung transplant, or because he doesn't understand that new lungs are merely buying time. I do recall he did an annual Great Strides walk the year Tricia got her lungs and then I've seen nor heard nothing about CF from him since then. His huge following after Tricia got lungs never negated her CF status. He just found more attention and fame in bigger things like cancer awareness, prematurity and organ donations.

The Bible never contradicts itself because God cannot contradict Himself. Any contradiction we may perceive is a limitation of our own.

Ughh Nate the Bible is full of contradictions and the Bible is one of the reasons some people have become atheists.

Archived