IGNORED

David and Priscilla updates

Deleted07

Yeah, besides the fabrications, his pulling of the Christian card is the most obnoxious thing about the story. If it was a genuine mistake (and these people are sheltered enough that I'm not ruling out that possibility), what's wrong with saying, "I am so sorry. I had no idea. Here are the pecans back, and apologies again for the inconvenience." Do they really think "non-Christians" (which by their definitions would probably include a lot of actual Christians) are so completely devoid of a moral compass that they just go around stealing shit? Fuck you, David.

Yes they do

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

His re-creation of the dialogue between himself, the police and the farmer sounds like he plagiarized it from a bad Victorian tract or something. I seriously doubt that the cops would have been that sympathetic to him. If anything, they would have favored the pecan farmer, since he's part of the tax base that pays their salaries.

Something tells me that if they hadn't been caught in time, David and Priscilla would have made off with an entire bushel of pecans. The two of them are just speshul enough snowflakes to try it.

What's theirs is theirs, and what's yours is theirs too.

I don't know who these folks are (yet - I have their blog marked to investigate now) but that story sounds SO FAKE. Everything about it ~ not just the cheesy dialogue. :-p

And mmmmm.... pecans...

Has anyone been able to figure out where this all took place? I bet the pecan farmer has a totally different story. Probably along the lines of "This idiot with a shirt that was way too tight trespassed, stole my pecans, and then told me all about what a great Christian he was. I took a picture to prove to my friends that there really are people who will use Bible bags to steal."

Guest Anonymous
Has anyone been able to figure out where this all took place? I bet the pecan farmer has a totally different story. Probably along the lines of "This idiot with a shirt that was way too tight trespassed, stole my pecans, and then told me all about what a great Christian he was. I took a picture to prove to my friends that there really are people who will use Bible bags to steal."

Your take is light-years more plausible than his.

I would love to hear the farmer's take on it.

Hence the cattle prod.

Very interesting article. I had no idea pecan thievery was such an issue.

Daviet has security guards and patrols who drive around his 250-acre farm day and night.

He takes pictures of visitors' driver's licenses. "I just don't like being so unfriendly, but unfortunately, I have to be."

Daviet says this is in good measure because farmers face fairly low margins, so if just 1 percent of his crop is stolen, it could be a third of his net income for the entire year.

I wonder if the guys David says were cops were actually the farmer's security guys

I bet they were security guys. I wish he had mentioned what state this happened in. They were six hours from Keller home in Florida.

As far as I am concerned, the whole "I'm a Christian, blah, blah, blah" is a way to avoid consequences for wrongdoing . It's very manipulative. I always thought that people who try this (and I have known a few) do know they did wrong. They know they are busted so they attempt to salvage the situation to admit it right off the bat, throw in the Christian spiel, and voila! the other party has to go easy on you.

David not only did wrong, and got his pregnant wife to participate in the stealing, he also tried to manipulate his way out of it, it didn't work, and publicly blogged lied about it in the internet.

Wow, David, you are a real winner.

A Christian would 1. never have done this; 2. apologized profusely and accepted their punishment if they did do it; 3. never try to justify or manipulate the situation to his/her benefit; 4. simply admit their wrong on his/her blog.

Ahem, David? I'm talking to YOU.

I bet they were security guys. I wish he had mentioned what state this happened in. They were six hours from Keller home in Florida.

They had to have been in Georgia. Based on the trees behind them it seriously looks like middle georgia.

From the distance and the crops he mentioned, plus the typical route from that part of TN to FL, I'm guessing they were in the Greenville-Spartanburg, SC area. Georgia would be much closer to north Florida.

I also agree with people calling him out for the "I'm a Christian thing" and for justifying it as "gleaning", not knowing any better, etc. It reads to me like the nuts weren't even leftovers, but like maybe the trees had been shaken but they hadn't been harvested yet. If it was just leftovers, it would take a pretty long time to fill a bag that full.

What bugs me the most about it is is they still don't seem to realize they were stealing, just as much if they had walked into a bakery and decided to eat a few cookies that were "just laying around". They were on that man's property and stealing what he made a living selling and yet they use the wording of the post to try to make him look bad and cast the blame away from themselves.

Do we know where the bee was held and what part of florida they were going to? I assumed they'd take 75 straight through GA but I'm confused by the "heading up north" part of his rambling.

Probably Georgia, but possible S. Carolina depending on which route they took. Do they grow pecans in SC?

Yes. Pecans, peaches, and peanuts are all grown in upstate SC & arts of NC as well as Georgia.

Although I wonder where the friend lives to have all 3 growing so close.

Usually, people keep pecan groves and peanut fields separate because stink bugs will move into the pecans after the peanuts are harvested.

From the distance and the crops he mentioned, plus the typical route from that part of TN to FL, I'm guessing they were in the Greenville-Spartanburg, SC area. Georgia would be much closer to north Florida.

I also agree with people calling him out for the "I'm a Christian thing" and for justifying it as "gleaning", not knowing any better, etc. It reads to me like the nuts weren't even leftovers, but like maybe the trees had been shaken but they hadn't been harvested yet. If it was just leftovers, it would take a pretty long time to fill a bag that full.

What bugs me the most about it is is they still don't seem to realize they were stealing, just as much if they had walked into a bakery and decided to eat a few cookies that were "just laying around". They were on that man's property and stealing what he made a living selling and yet they use the wording of the post to try to make him look bad and cast the blame away from themselves.

I can't imagine them taking the typical route. They probably had fundie homesteads to stop at for free meals. And seriously what does being a Christian have to do with also being a thief? Call a spade a spade. They stole crops from the farmer. There is no justification. It should be "we were wrong and we are sorry"

Guest Anonymous
Do we know where the bee was held and what part of florida they were going to? I assumed they'd take 75 straight through GA but I'm confused by the "heading up north" part of his rambling.

From the bible bee website:

The 2012 National Bible Bee Competition will be held at the Wilderness Stone Hill Lodge and Sevierville Events Center in Sevierville, Tennessee from Wednesday, November 14th through Saturday, November 17th.

The people they gave a lift to were south of there, but still six hours from Florida.

The bee was in Sevierville, TN and the Wallers are from near Jacksonville Florida (unless they've moved, I don't follow them that closely). The map that thekate posted is the route that most people would take for that trip, not accounting for fundie-visiting and meal mooching opportunities.

Archived