IGNORED

Fundie posts on facebook- share away

homeschoolmomma1

Nothing original, but alas: ‎"1. "Hobby Lobby shouldnt be forcing their beliefs on others. Cant we all just get along and agree to disagree?" (A real argument I have recieved from a pro-Choice, non-supporter of HL)

Fact: By forcing Hobby Lobby to pay for contraceptives and abortion inducing drugs, the government, that is the leaders of our country, are forcing their beliefs about abortion on Hobby Lobby's owners, *trying* to force them to go against their moral opinion. For people on the pro- Life side, there is no agree to disagree. Murder is murder. Also, Hobby Lobby has never said that they do not let their employees use abortion drugs or birth control. They have simply said they wont pay for it."

I guess there are more points coming. I'm just sitting on the edge of my seat, here. Said fundy is a teenager who updated yesterday that she felt "grown up" because she went to the mall and bought ice cream by herself. I really hope that is because she just got her license or something, because I think she is 17... seems a little old for walking around the mall by yourself to be that exciting.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pastor of the fundie-lite evangelical church I used to attend just posted today that he and his wife are having baby #5 this summer. Oldest is 7 or 8 now and youngest is maybe 18 months. I used to work in the sunday school with his wife and I remember after the birth of #3 she told her friends she hoped it was the last one.

He videotaped #3's reaction to the news (I don't know if it's public or not though) facebook.com/zjcarr

Just posted by my new SIL, with the comment, "I am pro life!"

"A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said:

'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.'

So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'

She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.'

The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'

She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.'

The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!'

'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.'

The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same!

If you agree, please SHARE.

Together we can help save precious lives!

Love says, 'I sacrifice myself for the good of the other person.' Abortion says, 'I sacrifice the other person for the good of myself.'"

Just posted by my new SIL, with the comment, "I am pro life!"

"A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said:

'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.'

So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'

She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.'

The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'

She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.'

The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!'

'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.'

The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same!

If you agree, please SHARE.

Together we can help save precious lives!

Love says, 'I sacrifice myself for the good of the other person.' Abortion says, 'I sacrifice the other person for the good of myself.'"

I think I would be forced to point out that this OBs board certification may need to be reconsidered as there are abundant data to show that the risk of an early trimester abortion is much less dangerous than carrying a baby to term. And that's leaving out the whole issue of a living, breathing infant vs a small group of cells...

I think I would be forced to point out that this OBs board certification may need to be reconsidered as there are abundant data to show that the risk of an early trimester abortion is much less dangerous than carrying a baby to term. And that's leaving out the whole issue of a living, breathing infant vs a small group of cells...

Yeah, that. I hate, hate, hate the "pro-life" idea that pregnancy is like a day at Disneyland.

There was a thread started by the morons at Life Begins at Conception that actually asked women to share the things that almost killed them during their pregnancies and how their doctors "fixed" it. I almost commented that there were several hundred more American women from the last couple of years who would like to answer that question. But they can't. Because they're dead :roll:

Yeah, that. I hate, hate, hate the "pro-life" idea that pregnancy is like a day at Disneyland.

There was a thread started by the morons at Life Begins at Conception that actually asked women to share the things that almost killed them during their pregnancies and how their doctors "fixed" it. I almost commented that there were several hundred more American women from the last couple of years who would like to answer that question. But they can't. Because they're dead :roll:

This, my mother likely would have died without modern medicine when she was pregnant with both myself and my brother- basically late term complications, so she had to be induced early with both of us, this was in the 70's, so if my mom had been of a previous generation, that might not have been an option. My sister's birth was normal, but then she was pregnant after that and nearly died of a serious illness, and lost that baby because of that. After that she said "no more children." It just was too hard on her body. Not every woman has easy pregnancies and births. Some do, yes, more power to them, but don't assume that it's the same for all women.

From a friend's FB:

J. H.

Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.

~ C. S. Lewis

A. T.- Great statement. Thanks for sharing, Josh

T. B.- Christiainity IS false and of no importance! ONLY Christ is Truth and of infinite importance. The only thing Christianity is is the "broadway into destruction"

Fundies make my brain hurt. :?

Nothing original, but alas: ‎"1. "Hobby Lobby shouldnt be forcing their beliefs on others. Cant we all just get along and agree to disagree?" (A real argument I have recieved from a pro-Choice, non-supporter of HL)

Fact: By forcing Hobby Lobby to pay for contraceptives and abortion inducing drugs, the government, that is the leaders of our country, are forcing their beliefs about abortion on Hobby Lobby's owners, *trying* to force them to go against their moral opinion. For people on the pro- Life side, there is no agree to disagree. Murder is murder. Also, Hobby Lobby has never said that they do not let their employees use abortion drugs or birth control. They have simply said they wont pay for it."

I guess there are more points coming. I'm just sitting on the edge of my seat, here. Said fundy is a teenager who updated yesterday that she felt "grown up" because she went to the mall and bought ice cream by herself. I really hope that is because she just got her license or something, because I think she is 17... seems a little old for walking around the mall by yourself to be that exciting.

*sigh* Hobby Lobby is not a person. It cannot have beliefs. The owners of Hobby Lobby have no right to force their beliefs on their employees, and the government can stop them from doing that.

I've been seeing groups like One Million Mom's post a video that supposedly shows an in-utero fetus grabbing a doctor's finger during a surgery. I can't bring myself to watch the video (I get squeamish at anything having to do with surgery), but has anybody gotten the scoop on this? The last time pictures/videos/gifs circulated with this kind of thing, one got debunked (http://www.snopes.com/photos/medical/thehand.asp) and the other turned out to be from an episode of House.

I've been seeing groups like One Million Mom's post a video that supposedly shows an in-utero fetus grabbing a doctor's finger during a surgery. I can't bring myself to watch the video (I get squeamish at anything having to do with surgery), but has anybody gotten the scoop on this? The last time pictures/videos/gifs circulated with this kind of thing, one got debunked (http://www.snopes.com/photos/medical/thehand.asp) and the other turned out to be from an episode of House.

It's probably the same time of surgery as in the snopes article, and can probably be debunked the same way. Do you have a link, though?

It was a full term baby. Full term babies do that, grasping fingers. Unlike in baby Samuel's case, where people were making the impossible claim that a 21 week fetus could do that. I'm entirely unsurprised that anti-choice organizations would want to use that picture. Using pictures of full term babies as an argument against abortion is apparently a hobby of theirs.

birth-charges-2010.jpg

Source: http://transform.childbirthconnection.o ... rgeschart/

Meanwhile, you can usually get a 1st trimester abortion for less than half of the lowest birth cost. You have to pay for some antibiotics and maybe sedation and some pads on top of the cost of your abortion. On top of birth, you will have to pay for at least 2 years of diapers, which is already more than the sedation. Then there's clothes, food, a car seat, the baby's medical bills, and you're either going to have to take a lot of time off work or pay for childcare. And that's not exhaustive by any means. And you'll still have to buy those pads. But yeah, how could someone afford an abortion and not a child?

This is by far not the worst thing she has posted, but it fits in with another topic being discussed here right now:

"I can NOT wait for Dave to take the girls on the Daddy Daughter Date night at Chic fil a with the girls. After getting an email of what its going to include and be like i am just so excited for them!!! They are going to have an incredible time. What an amazing memory with red carpet and arch way and servers oh how fun!!!!"

A little backstory: These people "cannot" afford basic things in life-such as car seats for the children she is spitting out every two years, or food, or heat. But him having a "date" with his daughters at chick-fil-a is obviously important because they don't like teh ebil gays. :roll:

Today, fundie-lite cousin is pissed that "we" crowned someone (Miss America, I guess?) who supports gun control. Apparently Miss SC was miles better than Miss NY in all categories, so the fact that Miss NY won is some kind of liberal conspiracy and probably Obama's fault. Sometimes you just have to :doh:

Today, fundie-lite cousin is pissed that "we" crowned someone (Miss America, I guess?) who supports gun control. Apparently Miss SC was miles better than Miss NY in all categories, so the fact that Miss NY won is some kind of liberal conspiracy and probably Obama's fault. Sometimes you just have to :doh:

Um, isn't Trump the owner of the pagent thing? I don't see him being all about e il liberal conspiracies.

^^Sounds like god is about to kidnap/murder/rape someone :?

To make light of it, yeah, sounds like God is into kinky.

On the other hand, it sounds like you should shut up and play arm candy to your Godly headship.

^^Sounds like god is about to kidnap/murder/rape someone :?

Yes, it sounds downright rapey.

Whaaaaaa....???? :?

230694_10151249848274811_149420962_n_zpsb4179d8e-1_zps39e61856-1_zpsb23fbdf3.jpg

I really don't what the hell this means other than plain submission, seen and not heard.

ETA: Sorry it was so big

I always took that as "keep me from saying stupid shit"

Archived