IGNORED

Fundie posts on facebook- share away

homeschoolmomma1

This today from a twenty-something who sells Thirty-One stuff:

"Ha Ha... very funny... Im over all the little jokes about me and my conspiracy theories... 1. Im not going to stop posting and telling people about Jesus and the FACT that we are living in the end times... 2. I dont make it a point in my day to make fun of or persecute you for your beliefs, I would appreciate the same coutesy... 3.I love all my FB friends and family and I hope to see you all in Heaven...4. If you dont like it, dont read it, and by all means feel free to delete me... Have a JESUS FILLED DAY!"

Also, someone requested prayer for her 20 year old pregnant daughter who's in her first trimester & having really bad morning sickness. Some of the responses:

" I was really sick with all 3 of my girls.. but it was much less with my third and I know its because I prayed like I never had before.. take it to the alter. Just remember everything she is going through will be worth it in the end. Praying for her."

"Praying for her, I remember those days but in the end she will be a stronger better Mom."

How is puking your guts out making you a stronger & better mom?

Hard to beleive I used to be friends irl & went to church with this bunch.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it doesn't matter, why can't they use an actual picture of a twelve week gestation fetus?

Oh, yeah, those don't quite elicit the "awwwws" they're after. So they lie.

Is there a good actual pic we could post to counter this one???

My daughter looked like a cartoon baby at 9 weeks -- big head and torso and little bitty arms and legs. :) She was cute!

(But that doesn't mean I'm not pro-choice. I actually will take credit for keeping crazy-ass anti-abortion commercials off nearly all TV stations in two major markets during the last general election season.)

We had a bumper sticker on our car vandalized here. Someone put another one over our Lynchburg Democrats sticker. "I'm sofa king we todd id."

Really? That's hilarious!

I try not to snark on my only remaining grandparent (er, stepgrandparent, in truth), because she's a neat lady.

But...this showed up in my news feed this morning.

69631_536517153045303_2066215143_n.jpg

from this: https://www.facebook.com/pages/WARRIORS ... ref=stream

Good to know that her husband, my grandpa did that when he was abusing and neglecting his kids and his first wife. :roll:

"Have a mission statement for your marriage and family"??? I need examples here... I can't even imagine what a mission statement for my marriage would be.

Reading news feeds about the meteorite that hit Russia this morning.....

'Signs and wonders!'

'The KING is coming'

'God is trying to. Wake us up'

Etc.....

I don't think it is strictly "fundie" - but the intensity of the pro-gun rants on facebook are getting really scary :shock:

Many of them seem to be sharing posts that pretty much openly call for using their guns for the overthrow of the government. They used to be a little more subtle - saying "if" they need to defend themselves from an eventual hypothetical tyrannical government -- but lately they seem to be pretty much " we need these assault rifles because our government is corrupt and not valid and we will get them before they get us " :shock:

It's pretty scary - and most of these are passed and shared by thousands of people with thousand of mostly positive comments. Freaky.

Isn't that terrorist threats, or treason, or something ?

This today from a twenty-something who sells Thirty-One stuff:

"Ha Ha... very funny... Im over all the little jokes about me and my conspiracy theories... 1. Im not going to stop posting and telling people about Jesus and the FACT that we are living in the end times... 2. I dont make it a point in my day to make fun of or persecute you for your beliefs, I would appreciate the same coutesy... 3.I love all my FB friends and family and I hope to see you all in Heaven...4. If you dont like it, dont read it, and by all means feel free to delete me... Have a JESUS FILLED DAY!"

He spelled FACT in all-caps, so it must be true.

I am a creationist, that is to say I believe that in the beginning Creator made everything, according to the Biblical record. Those who do not believe in God or the Bible are quick to say "How could any reasonable person believe that the earth was created 6000 years ago?".

But the Bible does not say that the earth was created 6000 years ago- it says "in the 'BEGINNING' God created..."

from my former minister.

These are both from my aunt. She and her husband are Independent Baptist Missionaries in Alaska. I'm unashamedly evangelical, but they're off the deep end. Only the KJV is inspired by God because apparently the other translations came out of Egypt, you'd of thought we had 666 tattooed on our daughter's face after we had her christened, and she is so big about pointing out other people's sins that her mother walks next door to my parents' house to smoke so she doesn't have to deal with the tirade on smoking being a sin. When my mom and step-dad (she's his youngest sister) got married she actually cornered my grandmother who's Catholic to tell her all about how if she would just accept Christ and become a Christian she could be saved. That one didn't go over well. My mom only tolerates her because she's my step-dad's sister and they only come home once every 5 years or so. They've been home on furlough for about 2 months, and my mom's been counting down the days until they leave since about three days after they crossed the state line.

News flash!!!! I just watched the news and found out that the biggest crisis that our country is having is Climate control. The great Al Gore was on. He has not been outside in AK lately I guess.

The biggest crisis Is the change in Christians and churches. Morals have gone out the window and sin is accepted by some pastor's just to get and keep members. Then we, as friends, refuse to stand for what is right. I'm not saying to be ugly or rude, but if we do not take a stand, we are saying it's fine. We all are sinners, but is it right to share your sin and be happy about it?

By the way, I'm not referring to anyone here, but have just seen so much lately. I'm capable of some if the same sins, but I pray to God that my real friends will talk to me!

Pretty sure she's actually talking about my mom to some extent here since she posted this right after my mom went off on her about being a hypocrite and ignoring the beam in her own eye to point out splinters in others after she had claimed in front of the whole family my mom was trying to turn her into an alcoholic after she mistook my mom's mixed drink for Sun Drop.

Lord willing, the surgeon will try, AGAIN, to remove Name's wisdom teeth tomorrow, at 9am here in City. Please pray, that if it would be the Lord's will, that there will be no complications, and the surgery can be done quickly and as painless as possible.

We really do appreciate all of y'alls prayers! Many asked if it could be done without anesthesia and so did I! I just got an "Oh no! We would never attempt that with these teeth! They are bad!" They are upside down, sideways and backwards! Name hates all the attention!

Her 19 year old son had really badly impacted wisdom teeth, and when he went to the oral surgeon to have them removed he had a bad allergic reaction to the anesthesia and had to be take to the emergency room by ambulance. So not a great situation, and not an unusual reason to ask for prayers. I copied this one to share because of her if it's the Lord's will for there to bento complications comment. As Christians we claim to worship a God of love who loved us so much he died to save us sinners from hell, why then would he want a teenage boy to suffer more seizures and a heart rate in the 40s? It confuses me because my moderate Presbyterian church that's big on social justice teaches about a God who loves us, and the God she's always talking about seems to mostly be a kid in the sky with a giant magnifying glass waiting to burn us like ants.

Not so much a post as a profile pic, showing "spiritual warfare" with Jesus and Obama screaming at each other. It was taken down shortly after, but I cracked up.

From my friends 15 year old daughter:

Crazy crazy night tonight!! Got soooo drunk....in the Holy Spirit!!! Oh my oh my!! God is just TOO GOOD!! Prayed for people and watched them topple to the ground(including my five year old brother!!) watched people cry, laugh and just dance and sing in Gods presence!! Woooo!!!!!!!! I was so super thankful for my stone! A little part of Jesus the Rock! NAME REMOVED who saved me from braking any bones and kept me standing....well at least not falling on my head....when I finally got home(and off the church floor! Yes, I fell over PLENTY of times!!) I just couldn't stop laughing and praying for things in my house! Although I found myself on the hallway floor, loungeroom floor, my bedroom floor and even the bathroom floor more times than I found myself standing! I could only get out laughter, tears and a few song lyrics, including 'Set a fire down in my soul that I cant contain, that I cant control, I want more of You God! I want more of YOU!!' And also some lyrics from a song given to NAME REMOVED from God, changed from 'The club cant even handle me right now' to 'The CHURCH cant even handle me right now!' haha! I just had to share a little bit of my evening!!!

God is so so good! He is so so SO fun!!! You seriously are only a second away from your next encounter with Him!! Get excited!!!!!

AND THEN THIS

An absolutely positively INCREDIBLE night at CHURCH NAME last night!! Had Pastor Ben from Bethel Church in America come amd share the Word, and oh my, God TOTALLY showed up!!!! The night was filled with tears, laughter, healing, drunken 15 year olds and drunken 50 year olds! Ahh! GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!! Papa loves YOU!!

_________

This was the church I attended for 19 years. I can't even begin to put into words how glad I am to be out of there!

From my friends 15 year old daughter:

Crazy crazy night tonight!! Got soooo drunk....in the Holy Spirit!!! Oh my oh my!! God is just TOO GOOD!! Prayed for people and watched them topple to the ground(including my five year old brother!!) watched people cry, laugh and just dance and sing in Gods presence!! Woooo!!!!!!!! I was so super thankful for my stone! A little part of Jesus the Rock! NAME REMOVED who saved me from braking any bones and kept me standing....well at least not falling on my head....when I finally got home(and off the church floor! Yes, I fell over PLENTY of times!!) I just couldn't stop laughing and praying for things in my house! Although I found myself on the hallway floor, loungeroom floor, my bedroom floor and even the bathroom floor more times than I found myself standing! I could only get out laughter, tears and a few song lyrics, including 'Set a fire down in my soul that I cant contain, that I cant control, I want more of You God! I want more of YOU!!' And also some lyrics from a song given to NAME REMOVED from God, changed from 'The club cant even handle me right now' to 'The CHURCH cant even handle me right now!' haha! I just had to share a little bit of my evening!!!

God is so so good! He is so so SO fun!!! You seriously are only a second away from your next encounter with Him!! Get excited!!!!!

AND THEN THIS

An absolutely positively INCREDIBLE night at CHURCH NAME last night!! Had Pastor Ben from Bethel Church in America come amd share the Word, and oh my, God TOTALLY showed up!!!! The night was filled with tears, laughter, healing, drunken 15 year olds and drunken 50 year olds! Ahh! GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!! Papa loves YOU!!

_________

This was the church I attended for 19 years. I can't even begin to put into words how glad I am to be out of there!

Are you inside my head? I grew up in a church just like this also. I spent the first 18 years of my life (no option not to go to church, parents orders) watching people dancing around, getting 'slain in the spirit' and all of the super hype that makes people talk in that crazy juvenile way about looking for the next spiritual high. It was really pentecostal, fundie lite, and I'm really glad to not be part of it anymore.

• 1 month later...
Thought this was pretty rich.

LOL. The last one is the best. Let's make this guy SO MAD by giving him EVEN MOAR MONEY!! :lol:

I also wonder if anyone even read the linked article, since it doesn't say anything like what the title says. Supposedly the CEO told a SHAREHOLDER that if he wasn't comfortable with the company supporting gay marriage, he was welcome to invest elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Lookie what I found in my Facebook feed:

56224610151386258129422.jpg

Fuck you, fundie cousin! :obscene-birdiered: :angry-cussingblack:

Not a fundie facebook post, but I've discovered that my married couple swinger friends are FB friends with a Zsuzsanna Toth - aka Zsu's maiden name. Obviously not the same person, I suppose it's not an uncommon Hungarian name, but I still just about died.

I have a friend who is what I guess you would call fundie lite. She and her husband have 7 children so far (she's only 31 and her youngest is just a few months old). They don't believe in birth control, but her husband works for the government and her 5 daughters wear pants and go to an actual school. Anyway, she posted an article from website called Raising Arrows called the "Me Time Myth" that said you shouldn't need me time away from your kids because you end up wanting more and more and will never be satisfied and how instead whenever you are alone you should pray and read the bible. Not 10 minutes later she posts asking if anyone else is having problems playing some Internet game she likes to play lol. Little bit hypocritical IMO. She's a very sweet woman and is an awesome mom, but definitely a wee bit fundie.

First of all, the Christian is commanded by God to give to the needy and the poor. I don't need a politician to tell me how to live my Christian faith, and when discussing other matters the non-Christian is first in line to tell me how my God needs to stay out of politics and government in general, unless it serves their interests, then bible verses are thrown out there to demonstrate the Christian's hypocrisy, but never their own. The tactic is tiresome. It is not up to Caesar to live my faith for me. I have to live my faith, and if I'm forced to hand over what's mine to Caesar so Caesar can decide who is and who isn't deserving it removes my act of charity and replaces it with Caesar's law. There are efficacious benefits for the giver and receiver that take place when we act on a pure heart and love of Christ, and when we are no longer acting consciously because we allow our government to do these acts for us, then we rob ourselves of potential graces that may flow from our acts of generosity.

:shock: :? Where to even start with this? :roll:

Archived