IGNORED

Fundie posts on facebook- share away

homeschoolmomma1

Here's a gem that popped up on my FB feed last week:

Got schooling done, the baby is napping (he is teething his 13th tooth lol), house is clean, and now I think I'll sit down and relax. I love being able to teach my children. I know that my children are learning about God and not that garbage that we was once a fish or an ape. Lol. I think even homeschooling families should try to teach a curriculum that teaches the Bible. I use rod and staff a little expensive at first but i hand everything down to the next child in line. Its so rewarding when we have Bible studies and my children know so much. That, devotions, and the fact that we would never send our children to a kiddy church thing helps so much. Have a great and blessed day.

:roll:

I don't know what the real kicker is here-- the "garbage" opinion, the fact that she is the sole provider of her children's education (and writes like that), or the fact that her name appears on FaceBook as "[Husband's] Helpmeet."

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...that we was once a fish or an ape." Ugh, I hope she's teaching them better grammar than she uses! How do these people even think they can teach their kids when they're practically functionally illiterate!? I am constantly reading and learning and researching different things so I can be on my toes for the kids. My husband and I are both HUGE history and science buffs. I am big on writing/spelling. I was downright giddy when I taught my oldest how to diagram a sentence.

I do agree with her on one thing. I'd also never send my kids to "kiddie church"! lol

Just found out my crazy fundie cousin defriended me on FB. She probably found my rant about anti-vaccine whackos and took offense. Oh well. She isn't all that interesting anyways.

Can anyone tell me how to not see posts from certain people on FB....and does that make it so I won't see their comments as well? I just can't take my asshole Republican "They took 'er guns, this is 'Merika" cousin ANY MORE. If I completely unfriend him (and his bitch of a wife) it will cause bitchiness. I'd rather just not have to see them post.

If you weren't Pagan and a Homeschooler, I would ask if you were my sister. (my sister is a culturally Christian working mom) Every once in a while I poke at my cousin when he posts something glaringly historically incorrect. The last time I did so, his friend joined in and the cousin insisted that yes, Obama was like Hitler. The friend then called him an idiot. (I have seen this play out on other people's FB posts too.)

And ugh, in front of the post office today was the crazy mom and son with the impeach Obama posters that have a hitler mustache on them. Somebody was actually engaging the mom in an argument as I walked by.

Maybe you're his cousin on his dad's side? lol My annoying bigot of a cousin lives in Georgia.

We got to see the Planned Parenthood protesters around Xmas time. I wanted to stop and tell them they were morons, but I had the kids in the car and figured getting mobbed by a bunch of angry old ladies probably wasn't a good thing to do with the kids in tow. I ended up just giving them a thumb's down as I drove by slowly. They were shocked and appalled.

No, my problem cousin is in California. I do find it odd that he refers to cousins of mine, from the other side of my family as his cousins. One of those cousins once referred to my nephew as his nephew, but he gets a slight pass as he seems to have brain damage from drugs. But confused and annoying cousins, I have them.

To this Woman, I owe my Heart.

To this Woman, I owe my Time.

To this Woman, I owe my Respect.

To this Woman, I owe my Happiness.

To this Woman, I owe my Future.

For if this Woman, as a helper (Gen 2:18), has be delivered to me by God himself.

Then She is crafted for me, she is what I need.

She is my Strength, my Joy, my Rescuer.

Without Her, I am not a whole man.

It takes a Great Woman, to make a decent man.

I Thank you for Her, Lord.

Amen...

Yuck.

I saw that one from crazy friend as well. She couldnt possibly accept that it was probably a mistake. I thought her RIP Adam Lanza status was sick and wrong, especially considering she has never posted anything like that about all of the children who he shot.

If he was dead the day before, whos body was recovered from the school and identified as his? Who did the witnesses see kill all those children and then shoot himself? Why would they go to the trouble of finding someone who looked like him, brainwashing them into shooting children and shooting themselves. It makes no sense.

I don't understand. Why would anyone want Adam Lanza to RIP? Wouldn't BIH be more suitable?

Because she thinks he is innocent and was either framed or brainwashed into it by the government (through medication he took for his mental health problems, or through the microchip every citizen is implanted with through vaccines)

If you weren't Pagan and a Homeschooler, I would ask if you were my sister. (my sister is a culturally Christian working mom) Every once in a while I poke at my cousin when he posts something glaringly historically incorrect. The last time I did so, his friend joined in and the cousin insisted that yes, Obama was like Hitler. The friend then called him an idiot. (I have seen this play out on other people's FB posts too.)

And ugh, in front of the post office today was the crazy mom and son with the impeach Obama posters that have a hitler mustache on them. Somebody was actually engaging the mom in an argument as I walked by.

Why is this a post office thing? We regularly have the exact same protests at our local post office.

Because she thinks he is innocent and was either framed or brainwashed into it by the government (through medication he took for his mental health problems, or through the microchip every citizen is implanted with through vaccines)

I just cannot wrap my mind around people so lacking in critical thinking.

Why is this a post office thing? We regularly have the exact same protests at our local post office.

Do you live in a very conservative, very depressed northern CA small city?

If not, I suspect it's the fact that people are allowed to set up with petitions and small demonstrations because it's part of the government that a lot of the public goes in and out of.

Do you live in a very conservative, very depressed northern CA small city?

If not, I suspect it's the fact that people are allowed to set up with petitions and small demonstrations because it's part of the government that a lot of the public goes in and out of.

I actually -do- live in northern CA, but the rest of your description doesn't coincide with my town (which is a fairly liberal pocket within the surrounding conservative landscape).

It's probably just the mere conspicuousness of the post office as a venue, and being able to protest there. Good point!

I actually -do- live in northern CA, but the rest of your description doesn't coincide with my town (which is a fairly liberal pocket within the surrounding conservative landscape).

It's probably just the mere conspicuousness of the post office as a venue, and being able to protest there. Good point!

I do live in a very conservative, very depressed northern Ca small city. We have the tea party handing out literature in front of our library and they are fighting to be allowed to leaflet cars with their nonsense. Add to that that three of our five council people are tea partiers.

I just cannot wrap my mind around people so lacking in critical thinking.

Every time I hear some findfuck logik like this I hear my mother's voice as she was teaching me to drive:

Always expect whoever is in front of you to do the dumbest thing possible because they likely will

The same goes here. Always expect the blogger to post the dumbest thing possible... because they likely will...

I do live in a very conservative, very depressed northern Ca small city. We have the tea party handing out literature in front of our library and they are fighting to be allowed to leaflet cars with their nonsense. Add to that that three of our five council people are tea partiers.

I don't live in the same place as my PO box is (it's close to work, about an hour away), and I live where it's more mixed but there still is a strong tea party presence. EyeQueue, you may live near me, though, as the next town over is pretty much a hippie town and more liberal.

I like to think that I'm freaking out the tea party neighbors with the Obama sticker on my car.

Cars with lib stickers in my city have been vandalized.

Sadly, I'm not surprised. I was nervous where I used to live when I put an Obama sticker on for the first election. Nothing happened, so I put one on my current car for this past election.

I try not to snark on my only remaining grandparent (er, stepgrandparent, in truth), because she's a neat lady.

But...this showed up in my news feed this morning.

69631_536517153045303_2066215143_n.jpg

from this: https://www.facebook.com/pages/WARRIORS ... ref=stream

Good to know that her husband, my grandpa did that when he was abusing and neglecting his kids and his first wife. :roll:

Why do people say love is a choice, not a feeling.

Do they not love their partners?

You cant choose to love someone.

I look it as you make a choice to keep loving your husband even when you're so mad at him that you could spit nails. My feeling for him is not anywhere close to love, but because I chose to love him I will calmly discuss our disagreement instead of spouting mean and hurtful things, or table our discussion until later when I'm thinking more rationally. So they're not saying that you force yourself to love someone or that you there aren't any feelings for the person you do love but rather that the feeling of love isn't always going to be there so sometimes you have to choose to love someone (i.e., stay married) rather than letting your feelings of the moment dictate your actions.

Aaaaaaand that 12-week fetus pic just showed up on my facebook feed. I had monthly ultrasounds when pregnant with my youngest. She did not look like that at 12 weeks. :roll:

My resident Facebook fundie posted this tonight: Top 10 Reasons our Kids Leave Church

marc5solas.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/top-10-reasons-our-kids-leave-church/

It's from a general Evangelical Christian perspective, and obviously pertains to situations where kids actually move away from home and most likely pursue higher education. I found the comments more interesting than the list.

I was amused by the one Christian guy who admits church is boring for adults too.

My list would be shorter:

1. Because they can. XD

Okay, I also like to believe that some of them learn to think for themselves and realize that religious indoctrination sucks.

Archived