IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Alecto

I was SO happy Lori died, but it was sad when Carl shot her to make sure she wouldn't come back. I'm still wondering how they are going to function with a baby when noises attract the walkers.

I'm enjoying this season much more than Season 2 - it feels like things are happening now that they're at the prison and the Governor has been introduced. And I'm glad Merle is back.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They clearly changed what happened in the comics

for just the comics:

Lori dies when they escape the prison. She dies with the baby.

But honestly (no comics spoiler)

What the hell is that about saving the baby? No clean water, no formula... how do they even think they would make it survive? (which by the way being her I would have looked for formula the moment I knew I was keeping the baby, just in case)

Other thing: Man I hope Rick feels bad about giving her a hard time for trying to abort. Well hello, women die from childbirth all the time. In a place with no medical facilities? They die in high rates! I hope the writers will make him say that and acknowledge that.

I like that they've made some changes.

But I, too, thought it was a BIG oversight with not stockpiling some formula etc, over these months whenever they did a supply run! Seems to be basic common sense to start stock-piling stuff, even in that shitty situation, for a 'just in case' when the baby arrives!

One eye roll worthy moment, when the baby was born and within a few seconds its totally clean, when they had nothing to clean it off with, just a jacket :roll:

I'm wondering if Carl really shot Lori... IE; Is she still walking dead? Since we didn't actually "see" her being killed.

Also wondering if there is another person in the prison, that helped that other dude who tried to sabotage them. And that's why Carol is 'missing'.

I have to say I'm quiet enthralled, and can't wait to see next weeks episode.

Right? I just saw the episode and I am mad that they deep sixed Lori and T-dog. I hope Carol is OK.

Right? I just saw the episode and I am mad that they deep sixed Lori and T-dog. I hope Carol is OK.

Lori dies anyway in the comics, just not like that!

Lori dies anyway in the comics, just not like that!

Oh, god, am I the only one who thought her death in the episode was such bullshit?! "I'm choosing the life of my baby! Right in front of my living child who needs his mother!" Yep, worst mother of the year, forever.

Oh, god, am I the only one who thought her death in the episode was such bullshit?! "I'm choosing the life of my baby! Right in front of my living child who needs his mother!" Yep, worst mother of the year, forever.

You and me both, I thought that was horrible. Rick's reaction was a pretty shitty move as a father as well.

You and me both, I thought that was horrible. Rick's reaction was a pretty shitty move as a father as well.

What was his reaction? What'd I miss?

What was his reaction? What'd I miss?

He saw the baby and realized Lori died, broke down, freaked the hell out and completely ignored his son, who had obviously just witnessed his mother's death. I mean, I get that it's a horrible moment and you're going to break down, but he didn't even hug Carl or anything.

He saw the baby and realized Lori died, broke down, freaked the hell out and completely ignored his son, who had obviously just witnessed his mother's death. I mean, I get that it's a horrible moment and you're going to break down, but he didn't even hug Carl or anything.

Ahh, okay,. I guess because

Carl is already so traumatized and Rick is spread thin as leader of the group that I didn't really notice

I'm liking this season better than last year's.

Yeah but

That's it in the comics Carl slowly becomes disengaged like he is now. It's just happening faster in the series.

I agree it was so stupid. And they did not even try to get formula before? But my friend told me too

That if the foetus died inside it would have become a zombie and chewed its way out.

So in the end there were just bad choices.

I don't know how the fetus would chew its way out, since they haven't got teeth as newborns.

I had assumed that it was a lose/lose situation, that Lori would have died anyway with the amount of bleeding, I thought some form of rupture happened? But of course no way did anyone really know.

Ricks reaction was crazy! Looking at Carl going "Nooo" and stumbling off and curling up in the fetal position crying. :roll: I mean shit at least hold your son! Comfort him and let him know he did the right thing!

I don't know how the fetus would chew its way out, since they haven't got teeth as newborns.

I had assumed that it was a lose/lose situation, that Lori would have died anyway with the amount of bleeding, I thought some form of rupture happened? But of course no way did anyone really know.

Ricks reaction was crazy! Looking at Carl going "Nooo" and stumbling off and curling up in the fetal position crying. :roll: I mean shit at least hold your son! Comfort him and let him know he did the right thing!

They may not have teeth but they bite hard already, that with being a zombie..... (I mean I don't think regular people not on hyper adrenaline or zombie-ness to bite off pieces of the flesh.

Did you folks see this video?

6TiXUF9xbTo

AH! After seeing the latest ep, I am confused and yet intrigued at the same time! I almost wish the series would hurry up and be faster, but yet I can't complain either! Can't wait til next week!!!

I haven't seen most of season 3 so far as we don't get AMC in Québec; I only saw episode 1. I think I'll get the rest on Itunes or Amazon.

Re: s.3, my big bad self couldn't wait so I went on the IMDB page and found out that the character I hated the most is now dead :dance: . I should be doing the happy dance, but I don't, thinking about what it will do to the rest of the gang, sp. Rick and creepy Carl. It sucks that T-Dog also died; I wished we knew him better. So long, Theodore Douglas. Also, is it just me but the last thing a groupe of survivors need in a zombie apocalypse is a newborn baby? Come on, show! The baby's probably Shane's. When she did her preg. test in season 2 at that point in time Rick had been with the group for only 2 or 3 weeks. It's hard to figure out the timeline of the show.

oh, and why can't they call these things "zombies"?? It's always either walker, lamebrains, roamers or lurkers. Not one of them has ever seen a George Romero film in their life, or even "28 Days Later"?? None of them watched horror films before SHTF??. Yes, I know that it's fiction and that I have to suspend my disbelief (which I do, otherwise I wouldn't watch a show with walking cadavers munching on the living) but still... Weird.

Yeah not calling them specifically 'Zombies' seems strange now that you mention it! I can't believe I hadn't noticed that before!

:shock:

*mindblown*

I haven't seen most of season 3 so far as we don't get AMC in Québec; I only saw episode 1. I think I'll get the rest on Itunes or Amazon.

Re: s.3, my big bad self couldn't wait so I went on the IMDB page and found out that the character I hated the most is now dead :dance: . I should be doing the happy dance, but I don't, thinking about what it will do to the rest of the gang, sp. Rick and creepy Carl. It sucks that T-Dog also died; I wished we knew him better. So long, Theodore Douglas. Also, is it just me but the last thing a groupe of survivors need in a zombie apocalypse is a newborn baby? Come on, show! The baby's probably Shane's. When she did her preg. test in season 2 at that point in time Rick had been with the group for only 2 or 3 weeks. It's hard to figure out the timeline of the show.

oh, and why can't they call these things "zombies"?? It's always either walker, lamebrains, roamers or lurkers. Not one of them has ever seen a George Romero film in their life, or even "28 Days Later"?? None of them watched horror films before SHTF??. Yes, I know that it's fiction and that I have to suspend my disbelief (which I do, otherwise I wouldn't watch a show with walking cadavers munching on the living) but still... Weird.

This actually happens in many zombie movies. Most of the time I'm shooting at them: Shoot in the head! Have you never watched a zombie movie?

I hate Andrea. She is now at the top of my list of characters that must die.

Yeah I can't get over how freaking dumb she is being!

Amen

The one death that might cause me to stop watching would be Darryl. I heart Darryl.

agreed. Darryl is my favorite and they should never kill him off. They could turn the show into "Zombie Hunting with Darryl" and I'd watch it.

agreed. Darryl is my favorite and they should never kill him off. They could turn the show into "Zombie Hunting with Darryl" and I'd watch it.

YES!!!!

I can't believe we're in for a break after next weeks episode! I feel like it only just started again and now we're having another break! I get very impatient waiting for each episode to come around not to mention the breaks for new seasons and mid-seasons etc, this is why I am usually best with waiting for DVD's, so I can watch them all at once! lol!!!

Andrea and the Governor are pissing me off. I am glad Carol survived and they didn't make Lori into a zombie!

But there were a couple of cringe-worthy moments. Like the random dude in the cabin who had NO idea about the Zombie apocalypse outside of his shanty, and also that the people from Woodbury wouldn't have come across him, either. :roll:

Also, the experiment Andrea helped oversee with the old man dying and coming back. Why on earth, at any stage, didn't she mention that they were at that Centre for Disease Control, where she saw a brain scan of exactly what happens to the brain with the 'zombie-disease' after you die. How dumb can you be woman? explain all the information you gained and saw from there! I just kept yelling at the screen. Its really stupid that she wouldn't mention it. :x

I can't believe we're in for a break after next weeks episode! I feel like it only just started again and now we're having another break! I get very impatient waiting for each episode to come around not to mention the breaks for new seasons and mid-seasons etc, this is why I am usually best with waiting for DVD's, so I can watch them all at once! lol!!!

Andrea and the Governor are pissing me off. I am glad Carol survived and they didn't make Lori into a zombie!

But there were a couple of cringe-worthy moments. Like the random dude in the cabin who had NO idea about the Zombie apocalypse outside of his shanty, and also that the people from Woodbury wouldn't have come across him, either. :roll:

Also, the experiment Andrea helped oversee with the old man dying and coming back. Why on earth, at any stage, didn't she mention that they were at that Centre for Disease Control, where she saw a brain scan of exactly what happens to the brain with the 'zombie-disease' after you die. How dumb can you be woman? explain all the information you gained and saw from there! I just kept yelling at the screen. Its really stupid that she wouldn't mention it. :x

I hear you! I got scared when they said finale, when they repeated it, I understood it was just a break lol I was WTF???

Anyway as for the spoiler part:

I think the guy was schizophrenic.... I dunno, did not strike me as mentally healthy. rather than living in the middle of the woods and not knowing about walkers.

Loved Daryl holding the baby and calling her "ass kicker." Loved seeing Glen's tough side. Absolutely wishing for the governor to die a painful death, and furious at AMC for this "mid season finale" BS. ( I have a bad chest cold and am staggering around the house like a walker with the same rumbly noises emanating from my voice box)

Archived