IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Alecto

I liked the premiere! It left me very excited for the next episode. I'm curious to see where that cliffhanger goes, although I have some idea, because I like spoilers.

That woman did totally look like a walker. I guess she hadn't showered since the beginning of the ZA...

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to hurry up and make my way through Season 3 - or 2, I don't remember which one I'm on. They just got to the prison. I don't mind hearing stuff, though.

I want to walk up to Rick, slap him hard in the face and shout "Snap out of it!" (Cher-style in Moonstruck). And then I want him to take a shower and wash his clothes. That goes for everyone.

LOL - the second hardest part of watching this show is how dirty everyone is. Which is realistic, but still grosses me out. The hardest part is watching walkers eat. Why do they have to show that all the time? I know they eat human flesh - so I don't see the necessity of showing it each and every time. Especially the ligaments and stuff. Ewwww!

I never like the Lori character and I'm not sure if it was the way the actress portrayed her, or if her character was designed to be annoying. I understood why she became involved with Shane in the first place - she thought Rick was dead, and Shane was initially a strong protector. Good to Carl too. I found her constant "where is Carl?" annoying - in a world filled with zombies, how about you keep your kid close at all times?

Favorite characters are Carol and Daryl.

Won't the zombies eventually run out of food sources and either eat each other or just stop moving? This is an issue I have with all things Zombie. What propels a zombie after all calories are depleted? If they are some sort of perpetual motion machine, couldn't you just contain them and use them as an energy source? If they do run out of the ability to move, won't they degrade to dust after some point?

My teenage son, the zombie expert, says that the zombies will eventually starve to death if there's no food. But their metabolism is very slow so it will take a lo-o-o-o-ng time before they do.

A lot of people bitched about the Andrea character and didn't like her but I could never blame her for staying in The Governor's town. I'm pretty sure if I was in that situation and there was a place where I could get a shower and wash my clothes, have sheets and sleep in a bed, and get a hot meal, I'd be overlooking the weirdness of the place and staying around there too. We can't all be Michonne on her horse with her sword and walker-pets.

I am not crazy about the gross-out factor, either, but some people like it--the grosser the better. I get through it by thinking about what I read--it's just sausage for most of the "walkers," and vegetarian sausage for the vegetarian "walkers."

I liked Andrea, but she sure made some spectacularly stupid decisions. But I think that was the writing in Season 3. I also won't get into how much I disliked Glen Mazzara (the showrunner last season), or I'd never shut up. I think I like Gimple better. Time will tell.

My favourite characters are also Carol and Daryl! Umm, I would like to volunteer to give Daryl a shower. ;)

Darryl is such a great character. And the actor who plays him does such a great job.

All right, I just watched this week's episode and I'm confused about Rick's no-gun, no-violence thing. I guess this is in response to Carl gunning down that kid in the woods? It seemed to come out of nowhere (and now it seems to be gone.) Or maybe I missed something along the way? Sometimes I'm computing while watching and avoiding some gore. But there was the big prison battle with the Governor at the end of last season and now all of a sudden Rick is planting veggies and won't let Carl have a gun. I feel like I missed some speech about "we're renouncing violence," but that would make no sense considering the world they're living in.

:think:

That scene with Michonne and the baby was really touching. She and Darryl are my favorite characters.

Yeah, Rick is trying to renounce his weapon, and he's making Carl do it, too. He's doing it for a couple reasons: One, he was kind of going insane and losing himself last season, and he was afraid Carl was losing who he was, too. He also wants Carl to have a childhood (not very practical under the circumstances, but hey). And yes, it has a lot to do with Carl shooting that kid in the woods (although I can't blame Carl for that--he said to drop the gun, and the kid didn't, so...). Since Andrea's death, Rick is not the same man who would leave a backpacker on the side of the road to fend for himself, even knowing that would be certain death. He saw how she was trying to save everyone (in her spectacularly stupid way...*ahem*), and he decided that everyone needs each other to survive.

I find you can't think too deeply about the decisions they make, or it won't make much sense. But the show has a Daryl, so that makes up for a lot. ;) I agree he's a great character, and Norman Reedus is a great actor. Also, arms. *drool*

I heard there's supposed to be a Michonne flashback tomorrow night! I hope so! And I'm not 100% positive, but I think maybe it's a pre-ZA flashback. I love flashbacks. I still want to know what Daryl did before the ZA (I don't believe he was an undercover homicide detective, do you?).

I'm on a forum (Deadfans.net) to talk about TWD, but I love it so I love to talk about it anywhere. I used to be on Spoil the Dead, but they banned me because they're crazy and paranoid over there.

Yeah, but the show doesn't follow the comics exactly, so there's still some element of surprise potential there.

Agreed. I was just pointing out it was clear foreshadowing of the Michonne backstory reveal. I am sure the backstory will not be exact comic book canon, but will have similarities.

Agggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Did you see the latest episode yet? If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner, rocking back and forth and crying my eyes out. :'(

Yeah, but I thought it was sort of meh. Did I miss something?

I doubt it...but...hmmm, how do I say without giving anything away?

I love Carol. I'm devastated at this new development.

Oh see that wasn't shocking to me. I felt this season was leading up to something like that and figured it was that last week.

I think her character development is one of the more interesting pieces in the show.

Oh and this is one of those reasons I enjoy contemporary zombie genre. It often brings this discussions to the surface. I don't think I can spoil link in tapatalk though.

I'm still holding out hope that somehow, it's not what it looked like. I admit that I may be in deep denial.

You can PM me so we don't spoil anyone, if you want. :)

I was disappointed there was no Michonne backstory reveal. Are the comic books good? I've never read a comic book in my life, but I'm thinking I might try The Walking Dead.

I too think one of the most interesting things about the show is the way characters evolve. You'd have to, to survive.

I thought Michonne's flashback was going to be this episode, but obviously not. I know she's going to have one, though. Hopefully it doesn't wind up cut. What I've heard is that the flashback consists of her and her parents and siblings, and that it was filmed on Pylant Street.

I was disappointed there was no Michonne backstory reveal. Are the comic books good? I've never read a comic book in my life, but I'm thinking I might try The Walking Dead.

I too think one of the most interesting things about the show is the way characters evolve. You'd have to, to survive.

Yes they are.

Really.

I wonder what's gonna happen next.

In my ideal scenario, she'd find herself a sweet situation and become a force to be reckoned with, maybe even contribute to coming back from the ZA.

Not that I agree with what she did. But she's not the only one who's made shitty decisions.

I like Rick less and less all the time. WTF dude? What's he gonna tell the people back at the prison? That she got eaten by walkers? If he tries to tell them that she just decided to strike out on her own, they won't believe him. I guess he'll tell them the truth. I can see that news being really divisive -- people will pick a side according to whether they think he did the right thing or not.

At least she can possibly reappear in a later show. She was getting so much screen time the last show and this show I figured this was the probably the end for her.

Archived