IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Alecto

I know! I really hate Rick right now. Hypocritical asshole.

I know that this move of his has been very divisive online, so I can only imagine that it will be the same in the prison. I hope Daryl is mad at Rick for this. And I hope Rick has nightmares about Carol. And I hope he steps on a Lego. And I hope he gets eaten by dragons. Or zombies. You know, whatever.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as plot development I think this is a brilliant move. Getting attacked by zombies can only work for so long. There has to be tension, etc for a story to remain compelling.

To me, the zombies are just background noise. The show's about people, and how they survive the end of the world, how they adapt, how what's left of "society" might look, etc. Carol had proven herself to be a valuable member of the group. I don't think you kick somebody like that out. She didn't go crazy. She made a calculated move to try to keep the remaining members of the group healthy. Maybe Rick disagrees with what she did but I'm not sure it's any worse than killing Shane or Carl gunning down that kid in the woods. On the other hand, maybe he was just trying to save her from Tyrese. If Tyrese had come out and asked her if she killed them, she probably would have told him the truth. It's hard to picture Tyrese actually killing her, though.

:doh:

Although I think rick kicking her out makes both the speculation about the next few weeks and the actual plot more interesting.

The only reason I even like zombie genre is specifically because of the character and plot development and the discussions about things like this.

I don't know if Rick is right or not, but I am glad it happened because I think it will create interesting stories.

To me, the zombies are just background noise. The show's about people, and how they survive the end of the world, how they adapt, how what's left of "society" might look, etc. Carol had proven herself to be a valuable member of the group. I don't think you kick somebody like that out. She didn't go crazy. She made a calculated move to try to keep the remaining members of the group healthy. Maybe Rick disagrees with what she did but I'm not sure it's any worse than killing Shane or Carl gunning down that kid in the woods. On the other hand, maybe he was just trying to save her from Tyrese. If Tyrese had come out and asked her if she killed them, she probably would have told him the truth. It's hard to picture Tyrese actually killing her, though.

Didn't he kill Shane in self defense? Carl is a child and I don't think anyone would be ok with kicking him out. Carol was trying to the right thing, but she killed two people. Karen and David's deaths didn't stop the flu from spreading. That said, I don't know how I feel about it.

Didn't he kill Shane in self defense? Carl is a child and I don't think anyone would be ok with kicking him out. Carol was trying to the right thing, but she killed two people. Karen and David's deaths didn't stop the flu from spreading. That said, I don't know how I feel about it.

It was absolutely in self defense. Shane led him out there to kill him so he could be with Lori, Carl and the baby

For NJ residents: When Christies campaign ads used the tagline "The Governor", did you automatically think of the Walking Dead?

I got the impression from the way he told her he wanted her gone that Tyrese wasn't his biggest concern. Like he said if they were the only ones there he wouldn't want her around his children. While she may have had good intentions what she did was pretty reckless. She killed two people which led to drama at the prison and didn't stop the illness from spreading. It also seemed like more than a coincidence to me that in that episode when they meet the couple in the house Rick encourages them to stay put but Carol encourages them to leave the house and that didn't end well. I think Rick make the right call because she could pose a threat to his children. Looking back at how she refused to go to Sophia's funeral and how she talked about her in the episode she was banished even if she wanted to take the two girls with her I don't see her showing somebody else's children more concern than her own.

I am a Carol fangirl who cannot tolerate what they're doing to her character. I can't even.

Tonight's episode was boring. The Governor bores the crap outta me. Next week's doesn't look too bad, though. I don't mind Martinez. But just the same, I'll be happy when we get back to Team Prison, and ESPECIALLY happy when we catch up again with Carol!

I am a Carol fangirl who cannot tolerate what they're doing to her character. I can't even.

Tonight's episode was boring. The Governor bores the crap outta me. Next week's doesn't look too bad, though. I don't mind Martinez. But just the same, I'll be happy when we get back to Team Prison, and ESPECIALLY happy when we catch up again with Carol!

Our cable kept going out so I only got flashes of the episode. But yeah... governor is a snoozefest.

That was a weird episode. I guess they're setting up another story arc.

I wanna see Carol back too. I'm just not down with Rick kicking her out.

I am sooo sick of the Governor. Seriously, I want them to kill him off already. They are dragging out his story WAAAAAAAAAAAY too long.

Yes. Something needs to happen on this show. So the Governor has a new group and he's going to attack the prison. Again. Didn't we just see this? Deju vu all over again. I guess he's got a tank this time around.

:?

That's nice and all (the tank), but seriously--somehow he manages to be the most boring villain EVER. I don't even know how he does it.

Please, powers-that-be, enough. Nobody cares about the governor or his new group. You know who we care about? Team Prison. And Carol.

I am sooo sick of the Governor. Seriously, I want them to kill him off already. They are dragging out his story WAAAAAAAAAAAY too long.

This. He's such a douche.

I can't find any spoilers for the midseason finale. I needs my spoilers, dammit! :cry:

Am I the only one with words?

:lol:

They did nothing all season. They put it all in one episode. Best episode ever?

I think them moving again and being scattered will be good for the show.

:zombie:

Am I the only one with words?

:lol:

They did nothing all season. They put it all in one episode. Best episode ever?

I think them moving again and being scattered will be good for the show.

:zombie:

Totally best episode ever!!!

The first 7 episodes were to annoy us. This one was to make it up to us. I guess. :lol:

Okay, so I'm going to have to talk about it now...

I really loved this episode. Although I like Hershel, and I didn't want him to die, I did like that scene. It was almost too much. Actually, I could probably have done without seeing him crawling on the ground like that, before the Gov finished him off. That was brutal!!! :o I did know he was going to die, and that that was most likely how, so that probably helped me deal with it a bit better.

I liked that they had Daryl react angrily to Carol's banishment. Thank the deity (or lack thereof) of your choice! Far too many people were saying they thought he'd be okay with it. And if he was, I'd lose all respect for him. And did they imply again that it might not have been her, after all? This storyline intrigues me immensely. Can't wait to see what happens when she's back with the group (but especially Daryl)!!!

What was in Bob's box? Do you think Bob is the rat serial killer?

I did NOT expect Megan to die! Who expects a walker to come up out of the ground!? :shock:

I thought Daryl's zombie shield was kind of stupid, but also kind of cool. But I LOVED the part where he stuck a grenade in the tank! That was weird and so Daryl-like. I love stuff like that! I also liked that he killed Mitch. I hated Mitch. Stupid Mitch.

I don't think Judith's dead, although I can't explain the blood in her carseat. What say you?

I also LOVED the part with Carol's girls, Lizzie and Mika! Carol taught them well. :D I'm so proud. *wipes away tear* Incidentally, this is the first time I've particularly liked those girls.

I'm beyond thrilled that the Governor's finally dead, and we can--FINALLY--move on!

I wonder what happened to Tara? Also, when Lilly shot Gov at the end, why do you think she did it? Anger? Did she hate him by that point? Or was she just trying to put him down before he turned?

I like that they're all scattered in unusual groups. It's about time we got to see each of them interact more with people they normally don't.

Did I miss anything?

I don't believe Little Ass-Kicker is dead. Michonne could have her, or she could be on the bus.

The acting was really stellar in this episode. When I saw that smile on Hershel's face, I knew he was a goner. He knew it was his time and he was trying to telegraph to his daughters that it was okay. It was still such a brutal ending for such a gentle man. Will miss him.

Also, the desperation that Rick and Carl showed at the end was really amazing. Also Maggie, when she was running into the prison to get Glenn. So, Glenn, Maggie and Beth are all separated now? Wow.

If I have a complaint about this episode, it's really about the pacing of this first half of the season. That new group of the Guvnah's followed him into this battle seemingly right after meeting him. I feel like we missed some episodes where they bond and grow to trust his leadership.

I think Tyrese will meet up with Carol and she will save his ass and then he'll find out and that will be big drama.

I don't know what to make of the splayed rat. Could it be Bob? Something about him strikes me as off.

Archived