IGNORED

What's for dinner?

Koala

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tomato soup, cheese, bread and glass of wine. Bloody hell I am a boring git.

That's not boring, that's perfect!

Cabbage Roll/Role Casserole:

Ground beef and an onion, browned, salt, pepper, some rice, maybe dried mustard, can of tomato soup or some tomato juice, couple cups shredded cabbage, baked covered for an hour at 350. I am physically unable to actually roll the mix up into the cabbage. Falls apart.

That's not boring, that's perfect!

Cabbage Roll/Role Casserole:

Ground beef and an onion, browned, salt, pepper, some rice, maybe dried mustard, can of tomato soup or some tomato juice, couple cups shredded cabbage, baked covered for an hour at 350. I am physically unable to actually roll the mix up into the cabbage. Falls apart.

Thanks! I am going to make this!

Tonight we are having some company, so I'm making oven fried chicken, mashed potatoes, cream gravy, buttered corn, biscuits and for dessert apple pie and ice cream. I'll make everything from scratch but the corn (frozen) and the ice cream.

Honestly Teddy, one of these days I'm just going to show up on your doorstep for dinner!

Venison stew here. Meat is already simmering with onions and garlic and will be aroma - ing (made that up, yep yep) the house up all afternoon.

MMM, venison!

There's a place near me that does a venison burger, I'm not normally in funds that I can afford it but they are good.

I'm undecided. I have leftover salmon and slaw. But my preference is to chicken fried rice, I'll include the slaw in it and enjoy the salmon for high protein snacks.

Baked salmon, an Asian style cabbage slaw and brown rice.

Do you put anythig on the salmon before you bake it? I love salmon but I'm so tired of seasoning it hte same way (parm. herb).

Bean and grain soup. Quite a while ago I bought a bunch of dried beans but never gotten around to using them. I also added wheatberries (never used them before, hopefully I like them!), hulled barley, and yellow lentils. Just added a bunch of spices on the advice of some random website. :mrgreen:

Do you put anythig on the salmon before you bake it? I love salmon but I'm so tired of seasoning it hte same way (parm. herb).

My favorite is soy and maple syrup. Last night I used some crumbled dried lemon peel and pepper. Apricot jam with a bit of soy sauce is good too, orange marmalade even better.

My favorite is soy and maple syrup. Last night I used some crumbled dried lemon peel and pepper. Apricot jam with a bit of soy sauce is good too, orange marmalade even better.

Season salt topped with very thin slices of lemon (peel and all)

I think I'm going to try some of those ways. Thank you!

Tonight was oven fried chicken, mashed potatoes, cream gravy, buttered corn, biscuits, with apple pie for dessert.

There's a pork shoulder in the oven right now, but I'm not sure it will be done in time for dinner (I kind of slept in longer than I intended), so we'll see.

Baked ham with pineapple glaze, latkes with sour cream and apple sauce, green beans with almonds, big salad and home made biscuits. Double chocolate layer cake with white chocolate-dipped strawberries for dessert. Covering an array of cultures/regions tonight!

Thursday: chicken in coconut milk/peanut butter sauce, basmati rice, spinach and orange salad.

Last night (tired, lazy): frozen chicken-vegetable dim-sum, more spinach salad - bought a big bag, what can I do.

Saturday lunch (very snowy, no errands to run, dinner with friends tonight): macaroni casserole, a somewhat healthier version of mac-and-cheese. Start with lots of caramelized onion, make sure to have tons of patience caramelizing it. When nice and brown mix with cooked elbow macaroni, cottage cheese, eggs and some grated cheddar. Season well with salt and pepper and bake 45 minutes. I predict even more spinach until that bag is gone for good.

Hostess gift for tonight: ruby jewel and chocolate crisp cookies from the Williams Sonoma baking book. I also bought their cookbook but was a bit underwhelmed.

We're working on prep for dinners later in the week, so tonight's dinner is pretty simple: bean salad, greens, bread. Apples and cheese for dessert.

Roast lamb meal, my mum's very fond of it and she's staying with my brother, whose floor I am presently sleeping on. We've had it 3x in the past week cause Marks and Spencer had a special offer. I never get tired of it!

She also does sprouts. My mum's brussel sprouts are excellent. (We made up our fight too.)

Archived