IGNORED

Shows that should have had more/less seasons

Athena

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TEAM STEVE FOR LIFE. And weird puppet Blue is like the second Highlander movie, I just refuse to admit it exists.

Every Star Trek series should have gone on longer. Except for Voyager, which went on longer than the Roman Empire, or at least it felt like it. Ugh.

I think everyone pretends that Highlander 2 was a bad dream. I watched it, after being warned not to, and now I know why. :) Did the later movies even refer back to it at all? It's been a long time since I watched them. Highlander should also go on the "More, please" list.

I'd take more Enterprise if it meant that the travesty of a final episode never happened. Nice to find someone else who liked it. (And what was your opinion of the theme song? I seem to be the only person on the planet who didn't think it stank like a dead fish.)

I still watch degrassi...I started when it started up again in 2000 and am a huge fan of the original DH and DJH. I agree the cast has gotten somewhat more hollywood looking, but some characters really aren't all that fabulous (Clare? Very ordinary looking girl. Jenna? Also very ordinary). One of the new girl characters is real-life sisters with Cassie Steele, and also played Craig's little sister Angie when the show first started (she is a different character now), so she has been with the show for most of it's run. Also, when they started the show they were in junior high and now they only show high schoolers. The kids aren't going to be quite as awkward.

I think the types of kids trying out for degrassi roles have changed dramatically since the successes of Drake, Shanae Grimes and the girl who played Mia. The writing has improved in the sense that they don't wrap up problems in neat half hour bows anymore. Some problems stretch across seasons, which is more realistic.

Tom Goes to the Mayor could have used some more seasons. I thought that show was hilarious. I wish the Oblongs had gone on a little longer... I think that show came a little before its time. Aqua Teen Hunger Force was old and tired before it even began.

I'm thinking its about time for Dexter to end. I'm getting tired of the "ZOMG are they gonna catch him?!?!?!?!?!?!" moments, cause they happen all. the. time. American Idol needs to go too. There are so many other shows like it out there that are much more interesting.

One of the new girl characters is real-life sisters with Cassie Steele, and also played Craig's little sister Angie when the show first started (she is a different character now), so she has been with the show for most of it's run.

So far she's not been a very strong actress, and I'm kind of annoyed that they couldn't figure out a way to bring her back as Angie. That would have been a stronger storyline then random freshman that's mildly annoying, and probably would have helped to keep the interest of the older watchers like me that are sick of seeing Claire and Eli showcased every episode.

So far she's not been a very strong actress, and I'm kind of annoyed that they couldn't figure out a way to bring her back as Angie. That would have been a stronger storyline then random freshman that's mildly annoying, and probably would have helped to keep the interest of the older watchers like me that are sick of seeing Claire and Eli showcased every episode.

I can agree with that. I would have liked her better as Angie too. I guess that would have had to involve getting the actor persons who played joey and kaitlin to go along for the ride too, possibly some cameos from Craig. Maybe it would have been too complicated to work her in based on mitigating factors? I miss having the older cast members a lot (well snake is still there...). I liked seeing things other than "high school" going on. I also enjoyed when they pulled out jokes and stories from the original storylines, and how they were able to mirror some of the storylines in the new generation. The craig/manny/ashley love triangle was so close to the joey/kaitlin/tessa storyline in the Degrassi movie. It's also one of the best storylines for both of the series, IMHO.

I am really disappointed so far in the transgender character, Adam. I feel like they found a concept that would open up interesting storylines, but besides his main debut, he has been mainly a bit character with only a line or two every few episodes. It's like they created this character and then couldn't figure out what to do with it.

I can agree with that. I would have liked her better as Angie too. I guess that would have had to involve getting the actor persons who played joey and kaitlin to go along for the ride too, possibly some cameos from Craig. Maybe it would have been too complicated to work her in based on mitigating factors? I miss having the older cast members a lot (well snake is still there...). I liked seeing things other than "high school" going on. I also enjoyed when they pulled out jokes and stories from the original storylines, and how they were able to mirror some of the storylines in the new generation. The craig/manny/ashley love triangle was so close to the joey/kaitlin/tessa storyline in the Degrassi movie. It's also one of the best storylines for both of the series, IMHO.

I am really disappointed so far in the transgender character, Adam. I feel like they found a concept that would open up interesting storylines, but besides his main debut, he has been mainly a bit character with only a line or two every few episodes. It's like they created this character and then couldn't figure out what to do with it.

I agree with you and other posters, I also liked the actress better as Angie Jeremiah. I agree with you on the Adam character.

That was such a strange ep.

I can't decided which one was weirder - "Spock's Brain" or the one with the space hippies.

I can't decided which one was weirder - "Spock's Brain" or the one with the space hippies.

Hippies were definitely a much stranger episode IMO

Gilmore Girls went on too long. I stopped liking it when Rory left highschool, mainly because of Digger and Logan whom I LOATHE. And the Long Lost Daughter.

I'm surprised Buffy hasn't been mentioned. I thought it jumped the shark when Dawn arrived. That had potential to be a great storyline but her character didn't work, IMO. And there were so many later episodes about being miserable for the sake of being miserable and no comedy - or no good comedy at least - to balance it out.

Three and a Half Men should have been cancelled before it began. I HATE that show.

Gilmore Girls went on too long. I stopped liking it when Rory left highschool, mainly because of Digger and Logan whom I LOATHE. And the Long Lost Daughter..

I was okay with the college seasons, except for the Long Lost Daughter, and the whole Rory/Lorelai split, and most of the time Logan. Even Kirk didn't bug me like Logan did. But then, all Rory's boyfriends had issues - Logan, Jess, and Dean. Last season was a total mess though. I was watching out of some masochistic habit by then. :)

I'm surprised Buffy hasn't been mentioned. I thought it jumped the shark when Dawn arrived. That had potential to be a great storyline but her character didn't work, IMO. And there were so many later episodes about being miserable for the sake of being miserable and no comedy - or no good comedy at least - to balance it out.

Three and a Half Men should have been cancelled before it began. I HATE that show.

I love Buffy, but the last season (again - what is it with last seasons?) was not so great. The post-Dawn seasons were maybe not as good, I thought Adam and the Initiative were iffy as a Big Bad - again with the transition to college, which was also an issue with Gilmore Girls & Veronica Mars - and they were dark at times. I love Nathan Fillion, but Caleb was a freaky guy. There were some really good episodes in the later years, though. Hush, The Body, dark Willow, the musical episode. And that Thanksgiving episode with the Native Americans and Spike and the "funny syphilis" is one of my favorite holiday episodes (along with Gilmore Girls and the 4 Thanksgivings). It's been a while since I watched Buffy or Gilmores; I need to dig out the DVDs or set the TiVo.

DH likes 3.5 men. Not sure why. Charlie Sheen doesn't do anything for me, and something about Ashton Kutcher just makes me want to throw things at the TV. He irritates me way more than he should, and I don't know why.

I like Season 4. It gets bad for me from 5 onwards where it seems to think it's a soap opera.

Unpopular opinion - I hated the musical episode.

Dean and Jess annoyed me but Logan was in a whole other league. I am so grateful that at the end Rory dropped him and went off to start a career. I'll give Gilmore Girls that, at least it didn't end up with Rory giving everything up for marriage.

Dean and Jess annoyed me but Logan was in a whole other league. I am so grateful that at the end Rory dropped him and went off to start a career. I'll give Gilmore Girls that, at least it didn't end up with Rory giving everything up for marriage.

Totally agree. But I sometimes wonder if she and Jess met up again later on and finally made a go of it. Once he grew up and got himself sorted, I think he was right for her. I was so glad she dumped Logan, he was such a shit. And his father. Ugh.

/has spent way too much time thinking about this :lol:

Totally agree. But I sometimes wonder if she and Jess met up again later on and finally made a go of it. Once he grew up and got himself sorted, I think he was right for her. I was so glad she dumped Logan, he was such a shit. And his father. Ugh.

/has spent way too much time thinking about this :lol:

Amen. I liked Jess best - he was a shit but he knew it and he had actual character growth. I like to think that one day he and Rory run a bookshop together. And at least they had passion, Dean was so boring. I never got why she slept with him and not Jess. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hated Logan, he was so slimy!

I think everybody loves raymond went on too long. The whole show was the same joke over and over again. Much like 3 1/2 men.

I would LOVE some more Firefly and Dollhouse.

Also, I don't know if 30 Days (Morgan Spurlock's show) is still running, but if it is I haven't seen it around. I saw one season and never heard of it again. I really liked that show a low.

Back to Desperate Housewives - I enjoyed some of it after the time jump but it wasn't as good. For me it got terrible when Pual Young came back with his wife. I watched it for the mystery and then there wasn't any. Plus I HATED how they made Gabrielle a mother. Marc Cherry said he deliberately wanted a woman on the street without children because it's ridiculous to expect all women to be mothers and then what does he do? Give her children! I'm still furious about that.

I would LOVE some more Firefly and Dollhouse.

Also, I don't know if 30 Days (Morgan Spurlock's show) is still running, but if it is I haven't seen it around. I saw one season and never heard of it again. I really liked that show a low.

30 Days ended after a season or two I can't remember. I remember one of the last episodes filmed was about an ex NFL player who spent 30 days in a wheelchair.

Amen. I liked Jess best - he was a shit but he knew it and he had actual character growth. I like to think that one day he and Rory run a bookshop together. And at least they had passion, Dean was so boring. I never got why she slept with him and not Jess. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hated Logan, he was so slimy!

I liked Logan. I don't know why, but I did. I hated his Dad though. I thought Dean was boring, and I knew it would never work out with Jess, and Lorelai was way too dismissive and judgmental.

I thought the Lorelai/Christopher marriage was stupid and uncharacteristic of her.

Archived