IGNORED

Shows that should have had more/less seasons

Athena

As a former fundy, this is a weird thread for me. Whether or not I recognize the shows mentioned depends at at what phase of our fundiness we were at and whether or not we had a tv at that point. Degrassi has come up a lot and I have no clue what that is.

Now as a non-fundie, I can talk freely about shows now and in the not-too-distant past.

I am usually crazy loyal to my shows, and I watch them til the bitter end. However, I gave up on ER those last few seasons. I just lost interest, and I had been obsessed with it. Just a couple weeks ago, I gave up Parenthood and The Good Wife. I LOVED them both, but for some reason, I'm just not feeling it anymore. Parenthood has just tried to cover way too many topics. Divorce, alcoholism, drug addiction, breast cancer, autism, infertility, adoption, sleeping with the boss, cheating, etc etc.

Shows I wish had gone on longer:

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Reunion (Really wanted to see how that played out!)

The 9 (I think that was the title...about a group of people held hostage during a bank robbery and the aftermath)

Persons Unknown

Park Ave 666 (Wahhh!)

GCB

Outsourced

Shows this thread makes me think I missed out on:

Gilmore Girls (I somehow never saw an episode)

Veronica Mars (Ditto above)

I also never saw Firefly or Freaks and Geeks

Current favorite show: Sons of Anarchy. Hands down!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, maybe it will. Here's hoping, right. I love that show, so much though. And to think that the first time I saw it I thought it was a stupid knockoff of The Office. Now I think it is the most brilliant show ever written.

Well it took awhile to really get going. The current season is almost too funny, I find it overwhelming!

Shows this thread makes me think I missed out on:

Gilmore Girls (I somehow never saw an episode)

Veronica Mars (Ditto above)

I also never saw Firefly or Freaks and Geeks

If you have satellite (and possibly cable), SOAPNet is showing Gilmore Girls right now, and Veronica Mars is on somewhere - maybe SOAP, maybe Cloo, I'm not sure. I have all the Gilmore DVDs, but I still stop for a while if I find the show channel-surfing. Ditto for Veronica - both shows had some pretty good dialogue. The Gilmore DVDs came with little booklets that explained some (not all) of the pop culture references that the show made. I Googled a lot of things while it was on, trying to figure out the obscure stuff. :)

So, why are you dropping The Good Wife? (I'm curious about the final outcome of the whole Kalinda's husband thing.)

Random,

I don't know...I can't put my finger on the Good Wife. I think maybe for me they drag out the stories too long? All this mystery about Kalinda has gone on for SOOO long. I really loved it, but it just seems like all the story lines have become old.

Pretty sure I mentioned it. If not, shame on me, because I'd die of happiness if there were more Firefly. (Yes, I saw Serenity, twice, and it broke my heart. I went in spoiler-free and regretted it.) It's in my top 10 shows of all time, I'm pretty sure, and if I ever win the lottery, my first stop will be http://www.QuantumMechanix.com for one of everything Firefly that they sell. That I don't already own, anyway - I just got the Serenity wall decal from their Black Friday sale, but it's not on the wall yet. And Joss can have the rest of the lotto $$ to make more shiny episodes with.

Yep, mentioned a few times. That & Jericho were the first few that came to mind for me.

During the record Powerball jackpot a few weeks ago, I Tweeted that if I won I'd buy out the rights to Firefly so they could make more episodes, if the original cast was down with it. I got a RT and "I'm in" from Nathan Fillion and jumped around the house squealing like a 3 year old with a new puppy for about 5 minutes.

As a former fundy, this is a weird thread for me. Whether or not I recognize the shows mentioned depends at at what phase of our fundiness we were at and whether or not we had a tv at that point.

Netflix is wonderful for catching up on older shows. I'm usually out of the loop on threads like this, too, because I missed most of the late 80s & 90s TV shows growing up and we haven't had regular TV for most of my adult life, but a lot of the popular shows from way back up through newer ones about a season late are on there.

During the record Powerball jackpot a few weeks ago, I Tweeted that if I won I'd buy out the rights to Firefly so they could make more episodes, if the original cast was down with it. I got a RT and "I'm in" from Nathan Fillion and jumped around the house squealing like a 3 year old with a new puppy for about 5 minutes.

AWESOME! :-D

Squee!!

Archived