IGNORED

Shows that should have had more/less seasons

Athena

Other good ones that died young:

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

I thought I was the only one that loved that show!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

That's not weird at all, that's totally accurate.

ETA - and if not after Steve, it should have died when someone was all "Let's turn Blue into a puppet that talks!! SMH.

I guess I thought I was being weird because I was speaking of a children's show. I was a preteen when it came out but my little brother was like three or four so we wound up watching it with him. I also remember the poll to replace Steve... the choices were Joe, a tree, or Squidward. I still say the poll was rigged.

I saw a few seconds of the Blue's a talking puppet show. My brain began to melt so I changed the channel.

I'm surprised Sponge Bob is still on. Its been on forever it seems. That's okay I like it.

The new Figure It Out either needs to get off the air or get a new host and bring back Billy The Answer Head.

Good Luck Charlie jumped ship bringing in a new baby.

The Dukes Of Hazzard was a great show but it was on too long. Aliens? Seriously? My biggest beef was Daisy and Enos never getting married.

I think Bones is going to end soon. I'm not sure how I feel about the.whole marriage and a baby thing going on with Booth and Brennan. I feel like the end of the show should have been when they finally confessed their feelings for eachother and maybe even a tiny thing that's like five years later... oh well. I'm still addicted.

That's all I got for now.

Babylon 5 - it got the 5 seasons it was planned for, but the threat of cancellation after S4 meant cramming 2 seasons of storyline into season 4, and then it got renewed for 5th anyway, but was out of plot, and things got odd

Yes, this. I loved season 4 (season 3 was good too), but hated how it ended because Ivanova and Marcus were my favorites. Season 5 was weird and disjointed. Plus they kept throwing in random B5 "movies" that never quite fit with overall story arc.

Firefly - enough said. I would give lots of money for more pre-Serenity Firefly. (Yes, Serenity was good, but I went in unspoiled, and Joss broke my heart. I should know by now, after Buffy, not to get attached.)

Also this. And if I may interject (ETA: SPOILERS IN THE VIDEO):

CKNqc3a9Xqs

I think Bones is going to end soon. I'm not sure how I feel about the.whole marriage and a baby thing going on with Booth and Brennan. I feel like the end of the show should have been when they finally confessed their feelings for eachother and maybe even a tiny thing that's like five years later... oh well. I'm still addicted.

Um, yeah. Given all the buildup of season 5, the way that the 100th episode ended was such total bullshit. That led to all the weirdness of S6 and the rushed ending thanks to Emily Deschanel's pregnancy. I still can't believe we didn't get to see everyone else's reaction to B&B's relationship, because Angela's reaction was hilarious. Sigh...I have a lot of feelings :lol: But I'm still invested in the show. And there's always Castle.

Guest Anonymous

I wish they had made at least one more season of Law & Order. It was dropping off towards the end, in terms of quality, but they were so close to the record that it seems insane that they just cancelled it.

I loved that show, so so much. I'm almost glad it ended, just so it didn't get dragged out like so many shows do. It eventually ruins them.

My all-time favorite show. But I agree, I'm glad it ended while it was still good. And that ending...!

"Veronica Mars" - why?!? Why did it have to end? :cry:

I also wish there were more of "Moonlight". Didn't like the protagonist all that much, but I have a girly crush on Sophia Myles, and it had Jason Dohring in it.

"Dollhouse", I wanted to see where they were going with it.

"Angel" ended just when I'd started liking Ilyria!

Shows that went on too long for me, were for example "Lost". It just dragged, eventually. "Big Love" just got too rushed, and IMHO therefore ended up skimming over a lot of issues. The ending was too pat too for my liking.

The Simpsons pretty much defines the latter. If they'd ended around Season 10, it would have been much better. Now it just feels like they're going on for the sake of existing.

The hell you say! I still find it funny and relevant. I think it should try to give Corrie Street a run for its money!

My daughter would agree with you there, she's still in mourning.

I wish they'd given us one more season of Joan of Arcadia. They left us sort of hanging with that one.

On the other hand, One Tree Hill--once Keith was killed and they all graduated from high school, I lost interest.

ANTM...ugh. Way, way past its sell-by date. :lol:

My daughter would agree with you there, she's still in mourning.

I still refuse to watch the CW because they cancelled Veronica Mars.

I wish Rollergirls and Greg the Bunny had second seasons.

M*A*S*H is another show that went on too long, especially after Radar left (hey, the topic didn't say Modern Shows).

"Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" should never have even been created. Why couldn't PBS let Fred Rogers and his legacy rest in peace instead of turning it into a stupid cartoon?

"Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" should never have even been created. Why couldn't PBS let Fred Rogers and his legacy rest in peace instead of turning it into a stupid cartoon?

Totally agree. It pisses me off--if for some reason they can't re-air the original, they should just leave it alone.

I also wish there were more of "Moonlight". Didn't like the protagonist all that much, but I have a girly crush on Sophia Myles, and it had Jason Dohring in it.

"Dollhouse", I wanted to see where they were going with it.

"Angel" ended just when I'd started liking Ilyria!

Shows that went on too long for me, were for example "Lost". It just dragged, eventually. "Big Love" just got too rushed, and IMHO therefore ended up skimming over a lot of issues. The ending was too pat too for my liking.

I can understand that about the last season of Big Love. However, they didn't find out it wasn't being renewed for another season until they had already filmed some of the episodes. Basically the writers had to tie all the cans of worms into a neat little package and end the series. I think given those circumstances, there was only one way for the series to end that quickly.

Guest Anonymous

The N had a show on called About A Girl. I loved that show and hates that not only was the first season a cliff hanger, but it didn't get picked up for a second season.

Also, Degrassi should have stopped a long time ago. Like when the main characters left for college. Or at least after Degrassi Goes Hollywood. I'm still pissed they killed JT.

Also, Degrassi should have stopped a long time ago. Like when the main characters left for college. Or at least after Degrassi Goes Hollywood. I'm still pissed they killed JT.

Yeah, it breaks my heart, what that show has become. They went from realistic looking teens with real problems to starlets and models pretending to go to school.

7th Heaven I wish almost went on longer just so I could see how stupid it could get. Back when TWOP was fun the recaps of that show left me in tears.

Oh I used to make an afternoon of it reading those recaps before I found FJ. The show really did go on too long, though, especially with giving Mary all those storylines offscreen. I tried to watch 7th heaven the other day to snark, but it was just too boring.

To the person who mentioned Six Feet Under, I agree I would love to have gotten more. They decided to end it early so it would go out with a bang and they wouldn't wear out their welcome. I still lose my shit every time I watch that finale.

I also think House should have ended a few seasons ago.

ANTM-this show is well past it's sell-by date.

Lost also went on way too long for me.

The Duggars should have ended their show with Josie's birth.

Shows that I wish had more seasons:

Jericho-(the show, not the Romney leghumper troll)could have had at least one more season, as the ending was too rushed.

Firefly-another show that ended way too soon.

Sanctuary

Caprica

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, it breaks my heart, what that show has become. They went from realistic looking teens with real problems to starlets and models pretending to go to school.

That's what I loved about it. When it started Emma and Cassie were cute and kind of awkward, Paige and Ashley got acne and the guys looked like the guys I went to school with. That made it soooo much more relatable. Emma was always my favorite. She and Cassie became really pretty but I don't think it detracted from the story when they did because you could still remember them being adorable kids.

I actually think the show jumped ship long before the originals headed to college. But I kept watching for them. Then they left and I stopped watching.

I did.rather like Mia at first. It was kind of nice having a teen mom in there. Last time I.watched though she was busy chasing a supermodel career while her mom was raising her kid... and suddenly I didn't like her quite so much.

I still refuse to watch the CW because they cancelled Veronica Mars.

I wish Rollergirls and Greg the Bunny had second seasons.

M*A*S*H is another show that went on too long, especially after Radar left (hey, the topic didn't say Modern Shows).

It's one of my lasting grudges against the CW that they cancelled Veronica Mars. Instead, they provide stuff like Gossip Girl, showing women backstabbing and manipulating each other. Great. not.

Regarding M*A*S*H, my rational self would probably have to agree, but my love for the show is such that I can't bring myself to be rational. And I love Klinger.

I can understand that about the last season of Big Love. However, they didn't find out it wasn't being renewed for another season until they had already filmed some of the episodes. Basically the writers had to tie all the cans of worms into a neat little package and end the series. I think given those circumstances, there was only one way for the series to end that quickly.

Oh, I didn't know that. Under those circumstances it makes sense that the series ended the way it did. I still feel they could have done something different with it, but I suppose it was the easiest way to tie up all loose ends. Still, I wanted to see someone break away. /minor grumble

Joe can't sing, can't dance, can't pretend walk very well, and can't talk to a pretend dog very well, all things that are very necessary to be on Blue's Clues. But I don't think anyone can really replace Steve.

7th Heaven I wish almost went on longer just so I could see how stupid it could get. Back when TWOP was fun the recaps of that show left me in tears.

I kind of wondered about that too. It would have likely gotten really stupid and they would have been giving Ruthie ridiculous ten storylines. I remember those TWOP recaps. It still kind of pisses me off that when the UPN and WB merged into the CW, WB's Everwood didn't make it on the CW and later on 7th Heaven was resurrected and put on the CW. Everwood was a pretty good show and could have lasted longer.

I agree with others on Veronica Mars, I think I could have last two more seasons. Other shows that I wish lasted longer were Life Unexpected on the CW, Lincoln Heights on ABC Family, Neighbors from Hell on TBS, Journeyman on NBC, the Melrose Place reboot on CW.

It's one of my lasting grudges against the CW that they cancelled Veronica Mars. Instead, they provide stuff like Gossip Girl, showing women backstabbing and manipulating each other. Great. not.

Regarding M*A*S*H, my rational self would probably have to agree, but my love for the show is such that I can't bring myself to be rational. And I love Klinger.

The college season of Veronica Mars wasn't quite as good as the high school years, but it was still an awesome show. The CW hasn't really had anything on worth watching since then, so I don't bother. But then I've also been boycotting FOX since Firefly's demise (the bastards). It was the final straw in a long line of FOX shows that I loved, and I have avoided their shows ever since.

Another show that I wish had gone longer (and I can only dream of official DVDs) is Legend - not the movie, but the series on UPN with Richard Dean Anderson and John deLancie. It was one of UPN's first series, and the network cancelled everything except Star Trek Voyager that first season. Dime novels, steam-powered cars, and a character based on Nikola Tesla. It was steampunk before there was probably steampunk. If I were to ever hypothetically track down bootleg DVDs of a series, this would be first on that hypothetical list. I'm 99.99999% certain that there will never be an officially-produced set.

Freaks and Geeks should've had more than one season, the same with My So-called Life. Also, laugh if you will, but I was sad to learn that the CW had cancelled The Secret Circle. I'm a sucker for supernatural-esque shows.

The West Wing should have ended when Aaron Sorkin left the show. Or he shouldn't have left the show at all and given us 4 more years.

Archived