IGNORED

Shows that should have had more/less seasons

Athena

Reno 911! should've ended with the explosion at Tacos Tacos Tacos Tacos. I hated the final season - it just wasn't the same without Clemmie, Garcia, and Kimball. I won't watch the reruns from that season.

I wish Journeyman had had at least one more season.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Six Feet Under is probably my favorite show ever and I would of liked to see more seasons of that. Hmm..I think it's time to dig out my DVD's and start watching again.

Firefly, Wonderfalls, Better Off Ted all should've had longer life spans.

Roseanne didn't need that final season, and News Radio would have been better off not replacing Phil Hartman and just ending.

Game of Thrones should have more episodes per season. Charmed was about one season too long. Also agree about House being too long, I wanted to know how it turned out, but that last season was hard to watch.

Six Feet Under is probably my favorite show ever and I would of liked to see more seasons of that. Hmm..I think it's time to dig out my DVD's and start watching again.

I loved that show, so so much. I'm almost glad it ended, just so it didn't get dragged out like so many shows do. It eventually ruins them.

Freaks and Geeks needed a few more seasons. So did My So-Called Life. I still wish I could be Rayanne Graff sometimes.

When Big Love got quickly cancelled I felt a piece of my heart die. I really enjoyed that series.

Desperate Housewives should have ended after season 3.

Big Love should have had one more season. I think Pushing Daisies should have 2-3 or.more seasons. I loved that show. And the quirkiness never got old or irritating. And of course Firefly should still be going on.

I know I'm in the minority here. But never cancel Supernatural! I don't think I can live without Dean and Sam and Castiel.

Big Love should have had one more season. I think Pushing Daisies should have 2-3 or.more seasons. I loved that show. And the quirkiness never got old or irritating. And of course Firefly should still be going on.

I know I'm in the minority here. But never cancel Supernatural! I don't think I can live without Dean and Sam and Castiel.

I do love me some Castiel. :D

I think just about everything on the CW could have fewer seasons. It's not that they don't have some good shows or clever moments, but so many of them just seem so aimless that they turn into complete soap operas. They don't know when to quit.

Agreed. One tree hill got pretty crappy after season 4 and got even worse once Lucas and Peyton left and were replaced by a pointless couple. That and Julian writing himself into "An Unkindness of Ravens" and Lucas out in the final season was pretty shitty.

The Simpsons pretty much defines the latter. If they'd ended around Season 10, it would have been much better. Now it just feels like they're going on for the sake of existing.

Friday Night Lights- Could have lasted at least two more seasons

Pushing Daisies-Could have lasted longer

Better Off Ted-Could have lasted longer

Point Pleasant-Could have lasted longer

Shows that should have less seasons

7th Heaven

House

ER

Firefly. I was so surprised it didn't last longer, considering the runs that Buffy & Angel had.

also, Jericho (the show, not the troll) and Jeremiah.

Guest Anonymous

The duggars should have died a painful death before it even started.

One of my favorites was Reba and although I wish it was still going, that's only because I love Reba mcentire.

Agree with the person who said Charmed.

I'm gonna be weird for a minute. The minute Steve left, Blues Clues should have ended. That is all.

I'm gonna be weird for a minute. The minute Steve left, Blues Clues should have ended. That is all.

That's not weird at all, that's totally accurate.

ETA - and if not after Steve, it should have died when someone was all "Let's turn Blue into a puppet that talks!! SMH.

The new guy on Blue's Clues SUCKS! Joe or whatever his name is. Steve should have gone to college and Joe could have stayed at home with Blue, show over.

The last episode with Steve got me a little teary eyed.

Firefly:more shows

Pushing Daisy:more shows

Grey's Anatomy: stopped mid 1st season

ANTM: stopped and tyra should never be allowed to be on tv again.

More seasons:

Firefly - enough said. I would give lots of money for more pre-Serenity Firefly. (Yes, Serenity was good, but I went in unspoiled, and Joss broke my heart. I should know by now, after Buffy, not to get attached.)

Earth2 - at least another episode to clear up that cliffhanger, although please, nothing resembling the rumors we heard about the potential for season 2.

Space: Above & Beyond - again, cliffhanger wrap-up at least

Babylon 5 - it got the 5 seasons it was planned for, but the threat of cancellation after S4 meant cramming 2 seasons of storyline into season 4, and then it got renewed for 5th anyway, but was out of plot, and things got odd

Flashpoint - is going out before it goes downhill, but I wish it could stay a while

The Dresden Files

Sanctuary - again, cliffhanger

Probe - obscure one-season show with Parker Stevenson

Eureka - because SciFi can't break my heart often enough, I guess

The Lone Gunmen

Chuck

Any show I've forgotten that ended on a cliffhanger, basically :)

I'm trying to remember what else is on my one-season-wonders DVD shelf. I know there's some British shows that could have gone longer

Shows that went on too long:

SeaQuest - really could have done without season 3, and 2 was iffy most of the time, after the croc-sicle showed up

Northern Exposure - loved it, but the last season was meh and I haven't bought it on DVD yet

Gilmore Girls - I love it, but it should have ended before the Long Lost Daughter showed up

7th Heaven - Oh geez. The longer it went, the weirder it got.

X-Files - probably could have stopped when Duchovny left. I know that's about the time I stopped watching

Quantum Leap should have ended 3 seconds sooner, and Enterprise should have skipped that last horrid kick-in-the-teeth episode, and I would have been happy. And I would trade the Vegas episode of Stargate: Atlantis for another decent season in a split second.

I absolutely loved Flash Forward, and hated how it ended. I think it deserved another season.

Other good ones that died young:

Deadwood

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Ones that lasted too long:

Weeds

Grey's Anatomy (loved it at first, now could care less)

X-Files

I agree that Firefly (of course) and Arrested Development should both have had more seasons.

I also agree with the person who said Blue's Clues should have ended when Steve left. Steve was so quirky and funny and Joe is all bland. :(

ER and X-Files both went on way too long.

Joe can't sing, can't dance, can't pretend walk very well, and can't talk to a pretend dog very well, all things that are very necessary to be on Blue's Clues. But I don't think anyone can really replace Steve.

7th Heaven I wish almost went on longer just so I could see how stupid it could get. Back when TWOP was fun the recaps of that show left me in tears.

"Firefly" names a whole trope about this on TVtropes.

I just fulfilled my geekly duties a few weeks ago and finally watched Firefly. Now I feel guilty for not watching when it was on the air and I was a member of the super valuable demographic.

Archived