IGNORED

Shows that should have had more/less seasons

Athena

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to second (or third...fourth, etc.) Jericho.

Persons Unknown is also on my list, as is Flashforward.

A more recent heartbreak is The Riches. I thought that was a great show, and it apparently ended due to the writers strike. They left so many threads hanging, and made zero effort to tie things up.

Has anyone mentioned "The Vicar of Dibley?"

I don't know, but I LOVE that show!! Even the silly as all get-out final episode with Richard Armitage! :lol: Would love to have seen more episodes.

Forever Knight....it was the only vampire show I could really get into. It started out as part of CBS's "Crime Time after Prime Time" in the early 1990s. Then the USA network bought it, and it lasted only 1 more season. Occasional episodes can be found on the Chiller channel from time to time, but not all of them.

Amen. I liked Jess best - he was a shit but he knew it and he had actual character growth. I like to think that one day he and Rory run a bookshop together. And at least they had passion, Dean was so boring. I never got why she slept with him and not Jess. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hated Logan, he was so slimy!

THIS. Jess was my favorite of Rory's boyfriends. I re-watched Season 2 the other day and I was reminded of how annoying Dean was. And Logan, no...just no. I wish they would've developed more of a storyline with Rory and Marty. He was so sweet and he looked just like a guy I was interested in at the time...maybe that's why I wanted more of a storyline. Haha.

I just want a re-write of everything post-April. Gah, what kind of plot twist was that?!

More seasons

Original Beauty and the Beast

Moonlight

Threshold

New Amsterdam

Nowhere Man

Alcatraz

Side Order of Life

Brimstone

Less

Glee (cancel it already, it's lost it's charm)

Friends

Charmed

I loved New Amsterdam and Better Off Ted. I wish both of those had way more seasons, and I wish more people had watched BOT, because there's spiders in the stairwells where I work and I always want to quote the episode about spiders being in the back stairwell but nobody I know watched the show, or well enough to know what I'm quoting.

ER lasted too long but I think it re-played its plot every four years or so for a new audience, so it kept pretty good ratings. I watched it somewhere in the middle and enjoyed it, until it started repeating again, and then noticed that everything had also happened in the seasons before I started watching.

Grey's Anatomy is terrible and has jumped eleventy billion sharks.

Pretty Little Liars has gone on longer than I can watch but from what I can tell the plot in the books (which I didn't read, just summaries) gets a little wandering (for a TV show at least), so I guess there wasn't much to work from there.

I liked Notes from the Underbelly although the ending was a little rushed (maybe due to the writer's strike?), but I think Up All Night has replaced it.

Degrassi. I used to live the show, but now its just another glammed up American teen shitshow. Just end it already!

Also, Family Guy should have been recancelled a while ago. The older episodes are okay, the ear sex one is awesome, but the more recent ones are annoying as hell and are nothing but typical dudebro humor.

I loved New Amsterdam and Better Off Ted. I wish both of those had way more seasons, and I wish more people had watched BOT, because there's spiders in the stairwells where I work and I always want to quote the episode about spiders being in the back stairwell but nobody I know watched the show, or well enough to know what I'm quoting..

I loved New Amsterdam, great writers and actors. Excellent plot.

THIS. Jess was my favorite of Rory's boyfriends. I re-watched Season 2 the other day and I was reminded of how annoying Dean was. And Logan, no...just no. I wish they would've developed more of a storyline with Rory and Marty. He was so sweet and he looked just like a guy I was interested in at the time...maybe that's why I wanted more of a storyline. Haha.

I just want a re-write of everything post-April. Gah, what kind of plot twist was that?!

I hated Jess. He was so annoying, but I think it was the actor that bothered me more than the character.

Actually, I hated all of Rory's boyfriends. Dean was boring, Jess was annoying and Logan was just a jerk. Why couldn't she have dated someone who didn't suck?

I wish they would have done one more season of GG, showing her on the campaign for Barack Obama. Sometimes I like to imagine that she's working the White House, alongside all of the people who helped out President Bartlet. :-)

Speaking of which, the WW should have ended when Aaron Sorkin left. I still haven't finished watching that show, I kind of quit about halfway through season six.

More seasons - Blood Ties - hot vampire, hot cop.

Nobody ever knows this show when I mention it!! *happy dance*

Have you read the books that it was (more or less) based upon?

More seasons would have been wonderful!

I remember watching a few episodes of Blood Ties when Lifetime aired it. I liked it and I had an instant crush on the guy who played Henry. He also played a vampire on the US version of Being Human last year.

Forever Knight....it was the only vampire show I could really get into. It started out as part of CBS's "Crime Time after Prime Time" in the early 1990s. Then the USA network bought it, and it lasted only 1 more season. Occasional episodes can be found on the Chiller channel from time to time, but not all of them.

It's out on DVD now. I own at least one season, maybe two.

Forever Knight, and the whole Crime Time after Prime Time collection, may be the origins of my Canadian TV "thing" - although Kung Fu: The Legend Continues may pre-date Forever Knight by a bit, and MacGyver was definitely late-80s but I don't recall which seasons filmed in Vancouver. Anyway, for whatever reason, I (and DH) tend to end up watching a lot of shows that film in Canada, whether they're set there or in some vague US city. We play "Spot the Canadian Actor" a lot, since the acting pool seems to be pretty small, and with time I could probably do a Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon sort of thing just with Canadian actors now. :) Helps that the Stargates used a lot of actors over the years.

Another Crime TIme show was Fly By Night. Not sure how long it lasted, but two of the stars were Shannon Tweed (probably pre-Gene Simmons) and David James Elliot, way before JAG.

Count me in with Moonlight. The show was just hitting its stride when it fell victim to the writer's strike. Thankfully they were able to wrap up the show nicely. Doubly thankful Alex O'Loughlin was able to find work on the relaunch of Hawaii Five-0. Whenever I see him on the tv I get all giggly and melt into a puddle.

Show that ran a bit too long...Northern Exposure. I loved allot until Fleishman left, and then I got bored. It suffered from th X-Files syndrome.

Count me in with Moonlight. The show was just hitting its stride when it fell victim to the writer's strike. Thankfully they were able to wrap up the show nicely. Doubly thankful Alex O'Loughlin was able to find work on the relaunch of Hawaii Five-0. Whenever I see him on the tv I get all giggly and melt into a puddle.

Show that ran a bit too long...Northern Exposure. I loved allot until Fleishman left, and then I got bored. It suffered from th X-Files syndrome.

I am just this moment finding out that the show didn't end when he left.

I am just this moment finding out that the show didn't end when he left.

It probably should have. I mean, the whole premise of the show was Fleischman (spelling) being the fish-out-of-water, and without him, it was still a decent show, but it had a hole in it. I think I have all the DVDs (insanely priced early versions, some of them), but that last season, other than the final ep and Rob Morrow's few appearances, is skippable without missing a lot.

Shows that went slightly too long: Quantum Leap should have ended about 5 seconds sooner. That last screen kills me, and I refuse to accept its existence. And Enterprise should burn the final episode - framing the whole thing as a TNG story still pisses me off to this day.

More of

Jericho

Lone gunmen

Flash forward

Invisible man it was hilarious and I don't think it was meant to be.

V just another episode to tie up lose ends

Finder 1 season and canned and it was showing promise as well.

Less of

House I'm so glad it's done now stopped watching at season 4 I think.

True blood

Supernatural Its went weird for me.

Lost it never made sense ever.

X-Files should of ended when Mulder left

Did some one say Grimm has been canned it is another that is showing promise I shall not be happy if cancelled.

Rome was amazing. Pullo would have been incredible to watch further. The same goes for The Tudors - I would have loved to see Mary/Elizabeth feuding over the country.

And I admit it - I miss Gilmore Girls. I wanted to see a Luke and Lorelai wedding and a baby. I wish they'd do the movie they talked about

Father Ted. But Dermott Morgan (Ted, over on the left there <<<) died suddenly.

Also, I was kinda enjoying Pan Am but that didn't last long.

Has How I Met Your Mother been mentioned as something that needs to be canned? I loved it in the beginning and I love Neil Patrick Harris, but I feel it's dragging on for too long and not getting anywhere. Thank God I've heard Season 8 is supposed to be the last one.

Has Firefly been mentioned as a "more seasons plz!"

Pretty sure I mentioned it. If not, shame on me, because I'd die of happiness if there were more Firefly. (Yes, I saw Serenity, twice, and it broke my heart. I went in spoiler-free and regretted it.) It's in my top 10 shows of all time, I'm pretty sure, and if I ever win the lottery, my first stop will be http://www.QuantumMechanix.com for one of everything Firefly that they sell. That I don't already own, anyway - I just got the Serenity wall decal from their Black Friday sale, but it's not on the wall yet. And Joss can have the rest of the lotto $$ to make more shiny episodes with.

Anyway. I'd also like more Due South, preferably with Original Ray, and more Eureka. And a re-do of the last two seasons of Babylon 5, which got kind of mangled due to possible cancellation - season 4 was crowded, season 5 was kind of skimpy on storyline.

Also, more Lone Gunmen, at least a wrap-up episode of Sanctuary, and more Chuck. Possibly more Gilmore Girls, if we can erase the whole Surprise Daughter thing.

Arrested Development should have had 1 more season

Roseanne should have ended 1 season earlier or had a different ending

Parks & Rec should have at least 20 more seasons

Mad Men should keep going until 1975

99% of tv currently airing should be canceled!!

Arrested Development should have had 1 more season

Roseanne should have ended 1 season earlier or had a different ending

Parks & Rec should have at least 20 more seasons

Mad Men should keep going until 1975

99% of tv currently airing should be canceled!!

Well, maybe it will. Here's hoping, right. I love that show, so much though. And to think that the first time I saw it I thought it was a stupid knockoff of The Office. Now I think it is the most brilliant show ever written.

Archived