IGNORED

Brandy's back!

Sola

It's probably over already.

Edited to add that I actually find this kind of sad - I wish Brandy could just be, well, Brandy, and happy with that. It seems like she's constantly trying to fit into some mold of SOMETHING.

I used to think that too - hoping she'd just figure out who she is and make a life with herself. But, I think it's pretty clear she either has no clue how to do that or she is unhappy with who she is. Either way, she is running away and trying to find a quick solution to life by trying on someone else's life. All the while, of course, hoping for yet another kid she can't and won't take care of but hey, what's another innocent child in the circus that is their life?

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole thing makes me unhappy. And I understand the urge to snark here (seriously...really...I do...it's so hard not to), but I also worry about how much more resistant it makes Brandy to making any sort of positive change. The more she hears people here telling her to get a job, put the kids in school, whatever, the more likely she is NOT to do those things just to stand her ground and prove her point.

Oh what do I care, the whole thing is ridiculous at this point. I wish I could help her, but she seems immune to any actual help.

I think Brandy is up there with Emily then again Emily's level of fundie craziness was at least consistent and Dan had a job as a Walmart Janitor.

She went on to say that he's making more off unemployment and food stamps than he would make off some measly part-time job. What she neglects to point out is that if they both got one of those part time gigs they could alternate schedules, take care of their kids, and bring in the equivalent of one small full time salary. They wouldn't be rolling in it, but they would at least be behaving like reasonably minded adults.

The hell you say! What do you mean by making sense?!

I wish I had read the first incarnation of this fundie. I feel like I'm missing out on some good crazy. Would anybody be generous enough to provide a quick overview to those of us who are too lazy to look it up?

Since we know she reads here, I only have one question. What happened the vats of wheat berries and tea??

She's been sucking down tea every night, it's one of her most popular p.m. tweets. Perhaps they traded them for blankets? Body piercings? Dred maintenance?

WOW! I had not looked at their twitter accts. (I don't have twitter and I don't completely get it) But here's what I learned. They watch a TON of tv and movies. (And I love me some tv and movies, but seriously?) They complain constantly about the people who are allowing them to live under their roof. That is pretty much it. Seems to be ALL they do. I mean seriously, between twitter and watching tv, when do they ever pay attn to those children? I'm appalled at how horrible they are about his parents. Show some respect or get the heck out!

Now, don't get me wrong. My husband and I would go nuts living with either of our families. (Love them, don't want to live with them.) But you know how we avoid that? We work. We don't sit around watching tv and complaining all the time.

I know I haven't said anything that hasn't already been said, but man, you don't realize how horrible it is til you see it for yourself!

eta: AND drink tea!! Watch TV, bitch, drink tea. Lather, rinse repeat!

She reminds me of an ex friend of mine, who also has loads of kids and wants more (although the ones she still has custody of go to school) but is very irresponsible when looking after them, lives off someone else and has no regular income of her own. She cant keep a job, normally she lasts a few weeks before quitting, and keeps on creating ideas for home businesses by making and selling things...but then gives up when it doesnt make her instantly rich. Any lifestyle choice she makes, she will get fully into it for a few weeks and then give up on it.

Winter approaching? When the fuck does winter start in New Hampshire? (note: It's winter here, and I'm fucking freezing.)

It has been unseasonably warm in many parts of the US; a few days ago my town hit a record high of 84F. I don't know if that's what she's talking about or if she's working on non-linear time.

May have been mentioned here already and I missed it, but Sola left a nice comment on Hippie Brandy's blog suggesting looking for house cleaning work or handyman jobs for Jason. Brandy basically told her to fuck off and not be concerned about their family's finances. No, I'm sure housecleaning would not be a desirable job for Hippie Brandy. It would cut into her blogging, TV-watching, radical unschooling, tweeting time. Can't have that.

she also didn't seem overly thrilled about her kid getting a new playhouse.

i guess she doesn't want her kids to get used to having frivolities such as toys, food, roof over their heads.

May have been mentioned here already and I missed it, but Sola left a nice comment on Hippie Brandy's blog suggesting looking for house cleaning work or handyman jobs for Jason. Brandy basically told her to fuck off and not be concerned about their family's finances. No, I'm sure housecleaning would not be a desirable job for Hippie Brandy. It would cut into her blogging, TV-watching, radical unschooling, tweeting time. Can't have that.

One of my best friends cleans for a living. She has a degree in finance and was in banking for many years. Then she got divorced and decided she needed to be a mom more than a banker. She quit her job and started up an independent cleaning business. She is there in the morning to put her kids on the bus to school and there when they get home. She is on the board at her younger kids' grade school. She works when it works for her. She has enough clientele to support herself and her three daughters. She isn't living a high lifestyle at all and she struggles a lot, but she chose to make the trade off and is proud to have done so. (I'm proud of her, too).

For her, *nothing* is unworthy or below her and she will do whatever it takes to be the mother she wants and needs to be.

When I was unemployed I worked *for* her on Fridays. I made minimum wage to clean two houses for six hours. It didn't pay my rent, but it was working - doing whatever it took in whatever capacity to survive and take care of myself.

Brandy and Jason are too entitled to do menial work. Never mind that I don't think she has a clue how to actually clean anything. None of her descriptions or 'house tours' indicated she knew how to keep things clean and sanitary.

eta: Strike that; maybe she does know how, who knows. She's just too freaking lazy to actually do it.

One of my best friends cleans for a living. She has a degree in finance and was in banking for many years. Then she got divorced and decided she needed to be a mom more than a banker. She quit her job and started up an independent cleaning business. She is there in the morning to put her kids on the bus to school and there when they get home. She is on the board at her younger kids' grade school. She works when it works for her. She has enough clientele to support herself and her three daughters. She isn't living a high lifestyle at all and she struggles a lot, but she chose to make the trade off and is proud to have done so. (I'm proud of her, too).

For her, *nothing* is unworthy or below her and she will do whatever it takes to be the mother she wants and needs to be.

When I was unemployed I worked *for* her on Fridays. I made minimum wage to clean two houses for six hours. It didn't pay my rent, but it was working - doing whatever it took in whatever capacity to survive and take care of myself.

Brandy and Jason are too entitled to do menial work. Never mind that I don't think she has a clue how to actually clean anything. None of her descriptions or 'house tours' indicated she knew how to keep things clean and sanitary.

eta: Strike that; maybe she does know how, who knows. She's just too freaking lazy to actually do it.

This. When my son was born, I cleaned houses part time. Lemme tell you it sucked hardcore. It would take me forever because he was so super clingy needy that I'd have to take frequent breaks to nurse him. (the 2 people indie it for let me bring him with- former college profs of mine)

It was gross, and hard backbreaking work, but damn was it nice to have money for groceries!!!

So naturally today Brandy is blobbering about how much she helps her MIL around the house. She's also talking about helping with the garden this spring. Considering she and Jason are planning on being out of the family home by the end of Feb, it makes no sense at all. But this is Brandy.

The whole blobber is basically a fuck you FJ. But sooo funny I couldn't resist.

Our van is considered undrivable in the winter because it has no weight in the back, so the ass-end fishtails BAD. Easily fixed, yes … by adding weight in the back … just not this winter is all.

All those buckets of wheat berries or goddess forbid a few bags of cat litter would do the trick and give them the weight they need to stabilize the rear of the van. Hell I did it for years when I lived rurally. I didn't have too many choices though, I had a job I had to get to. But for speshul snowflakes like Brandy and Jason work (in my best Maynard G. Krebs voice) is an option.

Guest Anonymous

What's the religious status here? In one paragraph she talks about squeezing the last of the religion out of her life, in another she talks about how 'the Lord' provides. Is it one of those "I'm not religious, I just follow the Christian religion" things?

Can we assume that 'deleted comments' is code for this very thread? Or, at least, a fictionalized version of this thread, in which we make comments that are conveniently mean and easy to refute?

Hello, Brandy. Can you mention me in your next blog post? Specifically, can you mention this: I hate rainbows and sunshine, I hate puppies, I hate fluffy bunnies. Is that suitably mean and silly? :lol:

ETA:

…. I wish people would spend less time reading shit they don’t agree with from people they don’t even like and start *living* their lives with positivity, love, and grace.

Says the woman who's watching this thread like a hawk! :lol:

Edited to delete a stray apostrophe. And to delete an extra 'p'. Damn you, phone!

I think she just turned 30. That's in years though, she is nowhere near that in maturity, emotions or common sense.

I read her post and laughed the whole way through.

Sorry, Brandy dear. Stop reading FJ or get over it. Your tantrums do nothing but prove every point ever made here.

Where in NH does this lazy ass woman live? I live in NH and our unemployment is just about the lowest in the country!! If she and her husband cant find work in this state its because they dont WANT to.

The van probably didnt pass inspection. Without a valid inspection sticker each year in your birthday month you cant drive the vehicle. They would also have to register the van here and transfer the title. That is $100 minimum and if its not registered it cant be inspected. My guess it has nothing to do with putting weight in the back and everything to do with it costong $ to make it roadworthy to NH standards.

So anyone know what town they are in? Unless they are way up in the north country they are jobless by choice, not neccesity. My state may not be perfect, but its got a lot to offer right now.

Can we assume that 'deleted comments' is code for this very thread? Or, at least, a fictionalized version of this thread, in which we make comments that are conveniently mean and easy to refute?

Are you in the facebook group? I made the same guess there - I have a feeling the majority of the "comments" she wouldn't allow through were really just posts in this thread. :dance:

Are you in the facebook group? I made the same guess there - I have a feeling the majority of the "comments" she wouldn't allow through were really just posts in this thread. :dance:

Without FJ the blog would just be filled with Brandy's endless naval gazing. And yikes, no dreadlocks update, perhaps they were left by the wayside with the wheat berries.

Random, unpusblished comments is pretty typical fundie speak for "I read FJ" or whatever other blog/post/source from people they don't like.

Candy used to do it all the time when the blogs about her existed. She gore more comments from 'caring readers' and 'evil gossipers' than any one woman could actually read...or so she claimed. She actually read the blog and is comments probably more often than those who participated in it.

FJ - the new unpublished/deleted comments of the Internet.

Random, unpusblished comments is pretty typical fundie speak for "I read FJ" or whatever other blog/post/source from people they don't like.

Candy used to do it all the time when the blogs about her existed. She gore more comments from 'caring readers' and 'evil gossipers' than any one woman could actually read...or so she claimed. She actually read the blog and is comments probably more often than those who participated in it.

FJ - the new unpublished/deleted comments of the Internet.

Well neither she nor Jason have the balls to come back here. Besides without FJ what would they twat to each other about ?

I think she just turned 30. That's in years though, she is nowhere near that in maturity, emotions or common sense.

I read her post and laughed the whole way through.

Sorry, Brandy dear. Stop reading FJ or get over it. Your tantrums do nothing but prove every point ever made here.

She turned 31 last September and Jason must be 34 or 35... I agree with you, they both are so immature :roll:

Archived