IGNORED

Brandy's back!

Sola

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome. Jason has $25 of his $1,000 goal raised. *headdesk*

It's probably from his parents, hoping to get them out of the house!

http://brandycormier.tumblr.com/

It's pretty mundane. The highlights include a picture of dreads (not on her own head, of course), this, a comment of "AMAZING dreads. Can’t wait to be able to put beads and stuff in mine!", "hahahahaha … wonder if our now-outdoor cat, Isis, will ever get that comfortable with snow."

the rest is just your average hipster blog. nature photography with occasional words on it. meh.

It'll be interesting to see how she feels about a world where she can't delete commentary on her content.

What exactly is a tumblr? Is it like Pinterest where you post pictures of stuff you like, like a virtual scrapbook or something? How much time must she spend surfing the web finding all these cool hippie pictures and then copying them to her scrapbook? What a waste of time. Get your ass off the computer Brandy and go get a job.

Awesome. Jason has $25 of his $1,000 goal raised. *headdesk*

It was at $25 the day he tweeted that it had been approved. Those donations are just rolling in.

What exactly is a tumblr? Is it like Pinterest where you post pictures of stuff you like, like a virtual scrapbook or something? How much time must she spend surfing the web finding all these cool hippie pictures and then copying them to her scrapbook? What a waste of time. Get your ass off the computer Brandy and go get a job.

Tumblr is a microblogging site. It's not just a scrapbook, even if that's how Brandy is using it -- basically, you have your own blog that you can put whatever content on, and then you follow other blogs that have their own content. The content from your followed blogs will show up on a feed of sorts. You can "re-blog" other people's content, so you might either reblog posts that show up on that feed or search for posts with tags relating to your interest. So either Brandy is following a lot of bland hipster photography blogs and reblogging their content as it appears on her feed or searching for things tagged "nature" or "photography" or whatever and reblogging it from there. I adore Tumblr -- it's got it's own sort of culture at this point. That being said, it's a very youth-driven site; I don't think I know or follow any 30-year-olds as far as I know.

"Outdoor cat" in New England generally means a cat that goes outdoors sometimes, not a cat that exclusively lives outdoors.

I usually hear "indoor-outdoor cat" in my neck of the woods, but at any rate, I'm willing to bet DD is spot on; she's got an indoor-outdoor cat in the same way that she's got unschooled kids.

Thanks for the Tumblr explanation, Gil. As an old fart, I still kind of don't get what the point is, but oh well, if the youngsters like it, more power to them . . . :)

When Brandy moved in with her inlaws she admitted that the cat couldn't be in the house and would have to be an 'outdoor' cat. It was relegated to an outbuilding for a bit, and then permitted to roam free. Translate that into they didn't have the money to feed it and wouldn't put forth any effort into finding it a suitable home.

Brandy's on tumblr because Jason is. And because she changes her web site addictions like I change my underwear.

The cat thing pisses me right the fuck off. Take it to a shelter if you aren't going to care for it. What a bunch of shit for humans these people are.

The Tumblr is now gone. Dear Lord. What is wrong with this person.

The ebil people at FJ 'found' it (never mind that she linked to it) and then *gasp*, talked about it. And, no back patting was involved.

And...Jason's Twitter is gone too. Brandy will be over and out (for now) in 5-4-3-2....

I've been in the middle of finals for grad school so I can actually say that Brandy has changed her internet presence more frequently than I've changed my pants in the past week.

Take from that what you like.

It's times like this when I almost wish I did drink. Instead I went out and had a completely lovely lunch with a friend from school and I wore clean pants! I did a huge load of laundry last night. It was the best thing to happen all week.

She be back in the new year, New year, new Brandy.

She could use that as her blog title.

Guest Anonymous

Is "Free Spirit Christian" a new incarnation? The Jim Morrison quote is still there, but I definitely remember Brandy saying something about squeezing the last pellets of religion out of her life. Can you do that while being a Christian?

I notice that the page itself doesn't say Christian. Odd. :think:

Is she into psychedelic drugs and pot now ??? :obscene-smokingjoint: :banana-stoner:

My 17 year's old daughter is more mature than 31 year's old Brandy... Those poor little girls of her :(

all she can be is a wannabe stoner, since she has no job to actually buy any pot.

:think:

i wonder what is up with the hairy naked chick though? is that part of her whole new look, or what?

Brandy, sweetie, you're too old for Tumblr. It's for teenagers and twenty-somethings.

(I mean, I have a Tumblr and I'm 40, but I reblog political shit like "STFU Conservatives.")

I think it's safe to say that's her:

Hello anonymous. I wouldn’t presume to tell you how to spend your time on the internet {I mean, really? Leaving a comment telling someone what they should or should not be doing when you don’t really know them? To quote you, “get a lifeâ€}.

I’m not trying to be like anyone else here. Just myself. I’ve always liked a wide variety of things. Conservative Christianity told me those things were wrong, so I turned away from them. Now that I know they’re not wrong, I’m getting back into them. Nothing wrong with that.

CPS won’t be taking my kids away. That threat is idiotic and is getting old. They wouldn’t have even taken them away when we were homeless, as long as we were trying to get out of homelessness {which we desperately were}. Both parents do not need to be working for CPS to deem them worthy of keeping their kids. Jason is daily looking for a job …. there’s just not much out there right now that won’t suck up his entire paycheck in gas for our vehicle. Not much point in taking a job if your paycheck is just going into gas, wouldn’t you agree?

Yes, pictures of Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and Johnny Cash …. you forgot Jim Morrison as well. Great musicians that I enjoy immensely. :)

Yup, pictures of weed and bongs too. I’m for the legalization of marijuana … even if I don’t use it and haven’t for 10 years. :)

You must have missed the update that Jason got denied for unemployment. How … slacking of you. Yup … we’re mooching off of Jason’s parents, sitting on our lazy asses all day, not doing a damn thing to help out, and thinking people need to pay our way in life. Oh and letting our girls run around unattended, doing whatever the hell they wanna do.

Oh, wait. No, we’re not. Jason’s looking for a job daily, we’re doing 90% of the cooking and cleaning, volunteering for anything else that they need help with, and {except for today, obviously} I don’t even get online until my youngest is settling down for bed at night. Our children are healthy, happy, fed, clothed, entertained, and constantly learning. I know, I know …. we are suuuuuuch horrible parents to give them exactly what they need and as much of their wants as we can. Shame on us, lmao.

{that last part there was sarcasm, in case you don’t know what that looks like}

Hey anon? Quit acting like you know me. :-)

Don't know who anon. is.

all she can be is a wannabe stoner, since she has no job to actually buy any pot.

:think:

i wonder what is up with the hairy naked chick though? is that part of her whole new look, or what?

Christ... :shock:

Archived