IGNORED

Brandy's back!

Sola

She could never stick with one colour, she's far too eclectic. But she may buy an all green wardrobe before realising she's more of a blue person.

That's why tie dyes are perfect for her, she just needs to twirl around and whalla!

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why tie dyes are perfect for her, she just needs to twirl around and whalla!

She was tweeting about tie dying the other day. Maybe she'll be the eclectic rainbow lady.

She was tweeting about tie dying the other day. Maybe she'll be the eclectic rainbow lady.

I saw a whole family in Goodwill three weeks ago, they had a big bus from FL. I counted 8 kids and the Mother and all the kids were strikingly attractive. They bought up every tie die at the GW and lots of good hiking and walking shoes. The bus was so, so.

how do you get more "radical" than unschoolers - I guess she means the ones that don't actually provide their kids with organic opportunities for learning, but who just let them do whatever they want and call it education.

edited because my grammar is bad.

I just read Jason's poetry. Oh God SOMEONE INVENT BRAIN BLEACH PLEASE.It's like Vorgon poetry. Only worse.

Fear not. The Russians invented it centuries ago. It is called vodka.

Its better than watching any soap opera. Could she have picked a worse role model in lauren?

i have a special kind of car that can be driven in all four seasons. why the hell would you own a van that can't be used in winter????

Seeing as they couldn't afford to get it serviced and (re?)registered when they lived out in the middle of someone's paddock in Wyoming(when Jason was actually earning), I'd be willing to bet they haven't the cash to replace the bald tyres and chains and they know any cop would pull them off the road soon as look at them driving in something as obviously unsafe.

i have a special kind of car that can be driven in all four seasons. why the hell would you own a van that can't be used in winter????

It probably doesn't have heated seats.

What is this amazing invention of which you speak? Quick, tweet Brandy and let her know. Her problems can be over now, not in spring!

i have a special kind of car that can be driven in all four seasons.

Hey, I've got one of those too! Mine's a mini-van. I didn't know anyone else had one.

Right now, we live in New Hampshire with Jason’s family. It was either that or continue to be literally homeless in Idaho. Yes, we spent about 3 weeks or so homeless.

our van isn’t drivable in winter

Jason is still unemployed.

He recently got approved for unemployment

Unemployment will decrease what we get in foodstamps each month, but I’ll take the cash over the foodstamps any day.

yes, hoping for more children

What could ever go wrong with a plan like that :roll:

Also, for those of you just joining us:

we’re more radical unschoolers

Means:

We don't school at all. How would she school them anyway? Those girls don't have Twitter accounts yet!

I just read Jason's poetry. Oh God SOMEONE INVENT BRAIN BLEACH PLEASE.

It's like Vorgon poetry. Only worse.

+42 for the Hitchhiker's Guide reference. Also, I have a shirt with Vogon poetry on it. It's fricking awesome.

Yep, I see she's also back on te Sara Janssen bandwagon again, too.

Hi Brandy!

Guess what? You wll never be Sara Janssen. Do you know why? Because she and her husband have actually worked to create their lifestyle. It wasn't just magically created for them by Jesus.

That also means they are dependent on Jason's family to shuttle them where they want to go.

Brandy claims there are no jobs in the area, and yet her in-laws work. What's up with that?

That also means they are dependent on Jason's family to shuttle them where they want to go.

Brandy claims there are no jobs in the area, and yet her in-laws work. What's up with that?

She went on to say that he's making more off unemployment and food stamps than he would make off some measly part-time job. What she neglects to point out is that if they both got one of those part time gigs they could alternate schedules, take care of their kids, and bring in the equivalent of one small full time salary. They wouldn't be rolling in it, but they would at least be behaving like reasonably minded adults.

To be honest, they probably don't have snow tires.

If you're too broke to fix the heater and/or get snow tires (or all-weather tires). Honestly, this seems remarkably sane for Brandy and Jason---I'm glad they're not trying to take that deathtrap on the roads, let alone with the little ones in it.

Yep, I see she's also back on te Sara Janssen bandwagon again, too.

Hi Brandy!

Guess what? You wll never be Sara Janssen. Do you know why? Because she and her husband have actually worked to create their lifestyle. It wasn't just magically created for them by Jesus.

It's an insult Brandy tries to compare herself to Sara. Unlike Brandy Sara and her husband work and have settled down in Colorado so her husband could go to work you know to actually support their kids. I don't know how Brandy expects to unschool aka neglect her kids when they don't even have money to provide their family with food let alone home schooling materials, books, educational experiences, etc. Is Clibbyjo still around on this board? She's an example of an awesome unschooler.

I wish Brandy would blog about a typical day in her life.

"I sat around texting my husband in the next room while ignorning my

children".

Hi Brandy!

Here's a thought: instead of blogging and writing terrible poetry, why don't you and your husband get jobs, educate your children, and try to become self-sufficient so you can stop freeloading off of your in-laws?

I can't help but wonder how long the new blog will last.

It's probably over already.

Edited to add that I actually find this kind of sad - I wish Brandy could just be, well, Brandy, and happy with that. It seems like she's constantly trying to fit into some mold of SOMETHING.

Archived