IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

When I was growing up our cats were always outdoors, unfortunately they would disappear cuz they like to carouse. If you spay/neuter an outdoor cat they will live longer.

My mom has two outdoor cats named Bing and Ross. She affectionately refers to them as "the boys". Both of them have had yearly visits to the vet, their shots, and have been fixed. Bing is about nine years old and Ross is about seven. Bing was dumped at my brothers when he was a kitten so mom took him. A few years later Ross showed up at her place but he was half grown.

Bing will come inside but he don't like to be inside long. Mom did keep him in the house when he was a kit. When Ross arrived he stayed outside so he won't come inside.

Since I can't have cats when I go to visit Mom I really love on the boys. Here they are. Bing is on the left and Ross is on the right.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Taxing food? I have never heard of anything so revolting in my entire life.

ETA: ok, that's not quite true, but, it is pretty revolting.

I don't know the tax codes for every state, but I don't think it's that uncommon to tax food. My state (NC) has a 2% sales tax on food. It's lower than the sales tax for everything else (4%, plus 2% or 2.5% in some counties). Also, a lot of food products are imported and subject to tariffs, so there is some level of taxation on food at the federal level.

I decided to check out the twop thread and the twopers are mad about the kittens in the pitcher thing.

No kitten should be put in a juice container with tiny airvents, with no food, water or room to pee/poop while you sleep. I guess a larger cage with a little bed for them all to snuggle, with food, water and litter is too much to ask.

THIS! Pitchergate was despicable and dangerous. DQ may be jealous of every fertile female cat queen out there who can still have litters of "blessings" but that's no reason to take it out on the kittens. MOTY- oh the irony burns!

I didn't realize they were quite that small when she put them in the pitcher (I just saw them put the lid on). They must have come back to tape, because when they showed them again, they were probably around 4 weeks old, eyes still blue, but certainly more mobile than newborns who obviously need to be kept warm with more blankets close proximity to each other to supply enough heat.

A punch pitcher NEVER would have crossed my mind. Hell a punch BOWL lined with a heated blanket would have been more appropriate for tiny babies who weren't going to go anywhere if they were so young they needed to be fed by dropper. Or a good old box. That's where we put newborns until Mama moved them into a closet or somewhere else that was quiet. QUIET being an operative word here.

Having raised more orphan kittens than I care to admit, (living on a farm seems to attract transient cats), kittens that don't have their eyes and ears open yet, should be confined, lest they crawl away and get hurt or stuck someplace and can't be found. But, for the normal intelligenced human being, this usually means a large box or cat carrier. Never thought of using a freaking plastic pitcher with no airholes. How they survived is a miracle. And tiny kittens do need to be stimulated to make them pee and poop, but I have never pounded on their little backs trying to burp them, and all the ones I hand raised lived well into adulthood and even old age. I was astonished at the treatment of the kittens, doesn't any adult in that house realize they are living things? At least Anna was trying to show Mack how to be gentle.

Kudo's to the electrician who put the sign that the last one was his. He knew better than to let that poor innocent kitten go home with that mob. He should name that cat Lucky, since it is probably the only one that stands a chance at making it to a year old.

Never thought of using a freaking plastic pitcher with no airholes.

As a cat lover I'm sure not defending this, but it did seem she had the OPEN spot OPEN when she put the lid on, so there was air. Still, it does take some sort of weird thought process to put kittens in a Kool-Aid pitcher.

Food is taxed here, and our sales tax is 7%.

Remove the property tax on residences entirely, and make up the revenue by raising the state's sales tax,

Of course JB wanted this, he owns a zillion homes. He'd probably would have voted for legislation that gives anyone with more than ten children free money, just as long as we don't call it welfare. I'm so glad he'll never hold political off ever again, and neither will his sons.

I don't know the tax codes for every state, but I don't think it's that uncommon to tax food. My state (NC) has a 2% sales tax on food. It's lower than the sales tax for everything else (4%, plus 2% or 2.5% in some counties). Also, a lot of food products are imported and subject to tariffs, so there is some level of taxation on food at the federal level.

Same here in Oklahoma. It's about .8 on the dollar.

I have always thought 70 seems like a LOT.

Though, I probably do 3-4 a week, so 21 versions of me would add up to around 70. But I think with more people it would proportionately reduce as sometimes I do half loads. Also, I go to the gym everyday so I have basically two outfits for the day.

Mrs Keller looks pretty different in the second picture. I always thought she looked hilarious. I still can't believe her name is Suzette and they have an Anna and a Suzanna

I just did the math for my house. Two adults, 4 loads a week (lights, darks, towels, sheets.)

If they did the same amount of laundry as me, they would have 42 loads per week, or 6 per day.

Of course, there are variables. I'm in a 2 adult household, so some of those kids clothes should be smaller. But, then again, I'm the type of evil, immodest defrauder that does not layer clothes; less laundry for me. Maybe they don't reuse bath towels; we do.

Overall, I'm calling bullshit on the 70 loads a week.

I've raised a litter of kittens, four balls of fluff, each weighing approximately 7 ounces when we found them. I fed them KMR (Kitten Milk Replacement) and put them in a warm, high-sided box. They all thrived. I don't have tolerance for people who don't treat their pets well and, I am afraid, the Duggars fall into that category. I didn't see the episode but I wonder if they showed them taking the kittens to the vet. That was our first stop after finding our bunch o' kitties.

They live next to a fucking highway. I live on a quiet street and watched my cat, well-supervised anytime he went out, get run over by a slow-moving car. I can only imagine what kind of roadkill their poor kitty looked like after a day on the road. :(

I'm so sorry for your cat... :(

And now I hate the Duggars more than ever. They shouldn't be allowed to have pets, not even a goldfish.

They did show the kittens going to the vet - at least two separate visits. He said the kittens were doing very well and thriving, but I'm sure he's not anticipating them tossing the kittens outside when they get 'big enough' (note that they don't say when they are fully grown, they say 'big enough', which means they're probably still growing when the Duggars turn them abruptly into outdoor cats). They were especially concerned because one of the kittens had a damaged tail, which apparently the mother had mistaken for umbilical cord and bitten off. So they are taking them for vet visits, but the way Michelle reacted to the amount they would be paying in vet costs for so many pets made it clear that she's hoping to stop taking them in soon. Hopefully that will be because they have found other homes for the cats, not because they are too cheap to take them in.

I think you are right. I don't understand celebrity worship, but I have friends who were happy to announce that they "bought their car from John Elway" (John Elway Ford dealership in Denver). I have another friend who stood in line for hours to see the pawn shop in Pawn Stars (been by it lots of times in Vegas, but never went in. Unless it's early morning, there is usually a very long line.) None of these people have met the "stars" involved. I think many people find something very magical about television and they will go out of their way to be part of it in some way.

That said, I think once the show is cancelled and the pseudo-celebrity status wanes, Josh is going to have to actually BE there to get any benefits. Many people are still impressed by has-beens, but less so by the businesses has-beens happen to own.

It makes sense that Josh would get more than the usual business simply by virtue of being a D-list celebrity on TV. If that's the case, I sure hope he's banking most of that money because when the show goes off the air (and it will Josh), his business will probably shrink back down to normal.

On the 70 loads of laundry a week...weren't we told that the Duggar girls always wear 2 shirts, in case they enter a cold room and their nipples start showing? So if each girl is wearing two shirts a day, it would make sense that they're doing almost twice as much laundry.

Personally, I go through 3-5 shirts a day (hyperhidrosis, ftl :( ) and like to have a different set of pajamas every night (yes, I sweat so much that IS necessary) and in my family we don't reuse towels. My mom says she does 1 1/2 loads a day (except on saturday) and that's for 5 people...

I have no idea how to do the math on that, but I'm still not sure it would add up to 70...

I just watched the kitten episode and honestly, I was gritting my teeth the whole time. My whole line of work is with animals and wildlife, so seeing those poor kittens crying was killing me. Does it ever go through their head that maybe they should comfort the crying kitten, like I don't know, its mother would?! For having 19 kids Michelle didn't seem to be very bright when it comes to comforting. Sigh...

Wow, that's kind of telling. Besides the douchebaggery of a statement like that, it really highlights his priorities. I mean, taxing all the stuff that the Duggars need to buy on a regular basis wouldn't be cheap, but if it gets too expensive the kids can just eat less :? Now, when you try to cost JB more by taxing his investments, then we have a problem...

Strange coming from someone who subisded on food and clothing donations from their church and had most of their house built with free labor. And I would assume they paid next to nothing in income taxes tax . Everytime a leg humper mentions how the Duggars don't live off welfare I mention this

As a cat lover I'm sure not defending this, but it did seem she had the OPEN spot OPEN when she put the lid on, so there was air. Still, it does take some sort of weird thought process to put kittens in a Kool-Aid pitcher.

Put that way, it now makes sense. God knows where the kittens came from - they had to be detained in something reeking of the Kool-Aid before they got big enough to roam. I still don't get it - I've asked, and no one has ever heard of using a jug to store kittens. I've raised so many damn litters it's not even funny, and I still can't think of a situation that would make me think "Hey, there's a jug that we can put them in!", unless the creature in question is a fish. I was happy to see that one was going home with the electrician, but cringed to see that it was bedded down in insulation. Really, you couldn't find ANYTHING besides insulation to use for bedding? I'm itching just thinking about it.

Strange coming from someone who subisded on food and clothing donations from their church and had most of their house built with free labor. And I would assume they paid next to nothing in income taxes tax . Everytime a leg humper mentions how the Duggars don't live off welfare I mention this

This. Boob and Mullet admittted to the church handouts years ago, but I guess Boob likes to forget about that. I've also heard that they still receive donations.

Kittens in a jug???

I would expect it from Josie or Jordyn, and for a parent or older siblings to tell them that no, kittens dont belong there, but Michelle put kittens in a jug? Insane!

Although then again, she would probably put a baby in a jug if they would fit, shes just that bad a parent.

On the 70 loads of laundry a week...weren't we told that the Duggar girls always wear 2 shirts, in case they enter a cold room and their nipples start showing? So if each girl is wearing two shirts a day, it would make sense that they're doing almost twice as much laundry.

Personally, I go through 3-5 shirts a day (hyperhidrosis, ftl :( ) and like to have a different set of pajamas every night (yes, I sweat so much that IS necessary) and in my family we don't reuse towels. My mom says she does 1 1/2 loads a day (except on saturday) and that's for 5 people...

I have no idea how to do the math on that, but I'm still not sure it would add up to 70...

Aside from your particular condition, I don't have enough clothes to do that. For the longest time I had about 2 jeans that fit me at a time, so I would split those every week, and change my tops after two wears (only one during the full blast of summer if I'm outside). I have 1 good towel and 1 very old that's not that great. I clean them once a week. I also do not have enough PJ to change them more than once a week. I don't smell bad, I assure you. I think that when you keep advertising as a second hand, thrifty family, you don't teach your kids you wear your clothes once and wash them. I was taught not to do that, my friends in France were told not to do that, I think it's not that hard. Anyway.

Same here in Oklahoma. It's about .8 on the dollar.

In New Mexico, processed foods and connivence foods are taxed but food ingredients like fruits, veggies, rice meat exc are not taxed.

Regarding Joshes clothing: How are man boobs not defrauding? Josh needs a clothing intervention.

They did show the kittens going to the vet - at least two separate visits. He said the kittens were doing very well and thriving, but I'm sure he's not anticipating them tossing the kittens outside when they get 'big enough' (note that they don't say when they are fully grown, they say 'big enough', which means they're probably still growing when the Duggars turn them abruptly into outdoor cats). They were especially concerned because one of the kittens had a damaged tail, which apparently the mother had mistaken for umbilical cord and bitten off. So they are taking them for vet visits, but the way Michelle reacted to the amount they would be paying in vet costs for so many pets made it clear that she's hoping to stop taking them in soon. Hopefully that will be because they have found other homes for the cats, not because they are too cheap to take them in.

They've also managed to find MDs that are willing to say that she's healthy enough to get knocked up again. I take whatever vet willing to go on TLC with the Duggars with a grain of salt.

Its called GOOGLE you stupid fucks! It even suggests things for you! Start typing "care for newborn kittens" and it suggests options such as "without mom"... click on the link...

1. http://cats.about.com/cs/kittencare/a/k ... ethree.htm

A chilled kitten can die quickly, and is considered a veterinary emergency. You can warm the kitten by holding it next to your own skin, or by using a heating pad, set to "Low", well-wrapped with a thick towel or flannel sheet. Make sure there is plenty of unheated surface in the box so the kittens can move away from the heat source if they become too warm.

2.http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/cat-care/ ... -care.aspx

If the kitten in your care has been orphaned, it is essential that you keep the young one warm. A heating pad or a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel works well. The heat source should be positioned so that the kitten can move away from it at will. Please consult your veterinarian about ideal temperatures, and do take care to monitor the heating pad, if you are using one, to ensure it is functioning properly.

3. http://www.wikihow.com/Care-for-Orphane ... eks-of-Age

Use a box, pet carrier, or laundry basket placed in an quiet, isolated area with no drafts.

Line the nest with warm soft blankets and make sure they are cleaned about once a day with clean soapy water and use a small amount of bleach.

Rinse the blankets thoroughly and make sure they are fully dry before replacing them. It helps to have a few sets so the blankets can be rotated while the other sets are cleaned. Remember to wash your hands before handling the kittens.

This link also had a coupon for a free vet visit... so... yeah...

Teh internetz is ebil. It has informashun on how not to kill animals. EBIL!!!

Yeah, I know nothing about fostering such young kittens, so I didn't think about that aspect of it. Whatever else, there was DEFINITELY no room for the kittens to move away from a heat source. She might have put them in that pitcher to keep them warm and reduce the amount of external stimulation/keep the kids away from them, but there were three baby kittens in there and there was no room for them to move around at all. They would have to climb on top of each other to get away from the bottom of the pitcher, and even then it wouldn't be far enough away from any heat source to cool down.

They've also managed to find MDs that are willing to say that she's healthy enough to get knocked up again. I take whatever vet willing to go on TLC with the Duggars with a grain of salt.

Its called GOOGLE you stupid fucks! It even suggests things for you! Start typing "care for newborn kittens" and it suggests options such as "without mom"... click on the link...

1. http://cats.about.com/cs/kittencare/a/k ... ethree.htm

2.http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/cat-care/ ... -care.aspx

3. http://www.wikihow.com/Care-for-Orphane ... eks-of-Age

This link also had a coupon for a free vet visit... so... yeah...

Teh internetz is ebil. It has informashun on how not to kill animals. EBIL!!!

She did not use a heating pad or warm towel, so the kittens did not need to move away from the heat source. When they were in a box, there was a towel in a corner and an important part of the box was towel free.

I don't think that the way she treated the kittens was wrong. If she puts them outside on their own all night next month then yeah, it's a problem.

Growing up on a farm we raised plenty of strays we even raised a few wild animals such a a fawn, a few baby rabbits and raccoons and we even successfully raised a few baby birds that fell out of the nest. We never put any of them in a plastic pitcher a good old cardboard box, a wicker basket or a crate of some sort always worked just fine. A few fuzzy blankets and a warm water bottle makes and excellent fake momma for the little ones to snuggle. Why Michelle couldn't figure that out is beyond me, honestly I'm kinda starting to wonder about her sanity/intelligence she does some very odd things for someone that considers themselves to be wise enough to advise others.

Aside from your particular condition, I don't have enough clothes to do that. For the longest time I had about 2 jeans that fit me at a time, so I would split those every week, and change my tops after two wears (only one during the full blast of summer if I'm outside). I have 1 good towel and 1 very old that's not that great. I clean them once a week. I also do not have enough PJ to change them more than once a week. I don't smell bad, I assure you. I think that when you keep advertising as a second hand, thrifty family, you don't teach your kids you wear your clothes once and wash them. I was taught not to do that, my friends in France were told not to do that, I think it's not that hard. Anyway.

Same. Unless they smell I change tops every three days usually. Unless you have a particular condition I really can't fathom washing clothes purely because they've been worn once.

Same. Unless they smell I change tops every three days usually. Unless you have a particular condition I really can't fathom washing clothes purely because they've been worn once.

I don't have a condition and I wash any clothes that have been worn for more than a couple hours. At the end of the workday, my clothes have been sweated in, have cat hair on them, and are crumped/wrinkled for being worn.

Archived