IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

I have a question about the Duggars and the bathroom. It's been really bothering me...like, I've heard they take "buddies" in the bathroom to make sure they don't...do anything in the shower I guess? :? Which is gross enough as it is seeing as they're siblings. And I'm assuming their bathroom style is communal.

But what if someone is violently ill and needs some privacy? If I have a stomach flu, the last thing I want is 30 people in there staring at me or listening to me vomit and shit myself.

It's just gross. People endure that stuff in college dorms or bootcamps for the military, but for your whole life?? Isn't it gross to share all that bathroom space, plus unsanitary as it needs constant cleaning?

It just really bugs me...I'm a VERY private person and I have trouble going in public restrooms as it is. I can't imagine...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question about the Duggars and the bathroom. It's been really bothering me...like, I've heard they take "buddies" in the bathroom to make sure they don't...do anything in the shower I guess? :? Which is gross enough as it is seeing as they're siblings. And I'm assuming their bathroom style is communal.

But what if someone is violently ill and needs some privacy? If I have a stomach flu, the last thing I want is 30 people in there staring at me or listening to me vomit and shit myself.

It's just gross. People endure that stuff in college dorms or bootcamps for the military, but for your whole life?? Isn't it gross to share all that bathroom space, plus unsanitary as it needs constant cleaning?

It just really bugs me...I'm a VERY private person and I have trouble going in public restrooms as it is. I can't imagine...

I don't know if the Duggars do that, actually. I do think that might be the case for the youngest kids who might need supervision in the bath or help with some other things, but not the older ones. I've hears of fundies doing stuff like that though, but when one is showering, nit on the pot.

I've seen the floor plan for the house and the bathrooms are normal style bathrooms, not communal. There are two bathrooms for each of the kids bedrooms. I think the playroom has two toilets next to each other, but one appears to be a child sized toilet.

I dont know if this has been brought up,because I havent checked the most recent pages.In one of the last few episodes,the kids were making some sort of homemade food for the the little weak practically newborn kittens. One of the ingredients was listed as 7 up. Did I see this correctly? Or were they making something for themselves? I swear they said it was for the kittens. I hope I am losing my mind. :shock:

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I have a fear of birds. I would have a heart attack if they were nesting in the stove vent. But then again I use my stove and take care of my house. Bets on who will be the first kid to end up with bird shit on his/her head on tv??

I dont know if this has been brought up,because I havent checked the most recent pages.In one of the last few episodes,the kids were making some sort of homemade food for the the little weak practically newborn kittens. One of the ingredients was listed as 7 up. Did I see this correctly? Or were they making something for themselves? I swear they said it was for the kittens. I hope I am losing my mind. :shock:

I saw that too. :?:

So let me get this straight: there are at least 7 adults living in the TTH, none of whom has a regular job. There is an infestation of birds in their commercial kitchen. The response is "oh well." What, there's no fundie exterminator or animal rescue that can help for free? Do they expect the kittens to take care of it? That's fucking disgusting. And unbelievably lazy.

I see your Dim Bob and raise you one Michelle.

I see your Michelle and raise you one birds poop on both of them while they are kissing. :pray:

I predict Anna will be the bird's first target. And her loving in-laws will laugh their heads off.

And Josh will post a pic on instagram, and we'll have TH from the kids talking about how neat it was.

Did you have professionals working on your new kitchen? I'm thinking this work might have been done in-house, and if JB didn't know a screen was needed, none of the kids would either.

Re: the ice cream falling on the floor, might have been creative editing on TLC's part. We saw the scoop of ice cream fall on to the floor, we saw the little J-girl pick it up, then the camera cut away - so there can be hope that another sibling noticed and told her not to eat the floor ice cream. Sure, the odds are 50-50 that anyone noticed and cared enough to do something, but since they cut the shot the audience has no way of knowing for certain.

Did you have professionals working on your new kitchen? I'm thinking this work might have been done in-house, and if JB didn't know a screen was needed, none of the kids would either.

Re: the ice cream falling on the floor, might have been creative editing on TLC's part. We saw the scoop of ice cream fall on to the floor, we saw the little J-girl pick it up, then the camera cut away - so there can be hope that another sibling noticed and told her not to eat the floor ice cream. Sure, the odds are 50-50 that anyone noticed and cared enough to do something, but since they cut the shot the audience has no way of knowing for certain.

Nah my soon to be xhusband was a contractor we did the work ourselves. But he was a city slicker and didn't have a clue about using fine hardware cloth, I had to edumacate him a bit about screens fine enough to keep hornets and wasps out. The standard is 1/4 inch hardware cloth, that probably works in the city. But here where flying insects abound smart folks use SS screen. Since the Duggars actually have birds invading it's obvious they didn't use anything, just ran the vent up through the roof. It's likely that a bird cannot get inside if the grease baffles are in place. Now if they ever take the baffles out to run them through the industrial washer, well then they will have birds in the kitchen.

Cm'on ya'll. You know those birds are the spirit of our lost Jubilee :angelic-little:

Maybe they'll roost on the autographed picture of all them smiling round the ammo box. We haven't seen that on the wall yet... Bout time....

Guest Anonymous

Maybe they'll roost on the autographed picture of all them smiling round the ammo box. We haven't seen that on the wall yet... Bout time....

If God is good and we all get lucky, maybe they'll roost AND crap on the photo. Too bad the birds in question aren't turkey buzzards.

jim boob probably figured if they get enough birds up there, they can turn all the burners on high and turn the vent-a-hood. instant rotisserie! just another example of buying used and saving the difference.

or maybe they think the kittens in the walls will eat the birds.

i imagine they have quite a menagerie inside the innards of the house, considering they spent 5 years or so working on it before tlc finished it. heck, they might have dinosaurs hatching in the dryer vents.

heck, they might have dinosaurs hatching in the dryer vents.

Jesus will need something he's familiar with riding when he comes back. Since smugly's car lot is a poor choice, dinosaurs it is! Everyone knows his first stop upon return is the TTH!

whirlygirly wrote:

They're not pet birds, they're wild birds that have moved in and are nesting in the rafters. It's like living in a Sam's Club.

I'm sorry but 2 pages later I'm still giggling over this.

I've been in houses much older than the TTH that had no bats, birds, or anything else living in it. Except for snakes and rodents in the crawlspaces. Occasionally my parents' house gets a bird's nest in the chimney, but the fireplace is almost never used. The birds do not stay long, they get chased out and certainly never get into the house.

Then again those houses were taken care of, not just simply occupied. Quite frankly, I would never rent.a house from the Duggars. If they can't take care of their own...

Wild animals do not belong in kitchens, period. I'd do what I could to get them out. That cant possibly be sanitary. Given the gambles Jim Bob and Michelle have taken with the health and safety of their kids I'm surprised they still have 19.

Well with my grandparents house it was kind of weird they never had a problem with mice or bugs just one year for some odd reason bats got into the attic. My grandpa ended up fixing the problem by buying one of those things you plug into the wall that supposed to scare pests away, that and getting some new siding put on the house fixed the problem. At my old house it was a one time event that a bat got in we didn't have an infestation, and we never were able to figure out how the one mananged to get in.

The Duggars have a fairly new houseit seems like it would be fairly easy for them to get the birds out, and put a screen over the vent so that no more got inside. Maybe Jim Boob should set one of his boys up in an pest control business that way someone will be able to get the birds out of the stove vent.

One thing I have noticed about the Duggars they seem to be completely clueless when it comes to food safety and sanitation. If the Duggars every get the crazy idea to open a restaurant only the extremely foolish or those with a cast iron stomach should eat there. Actually I'd give it six months before the health inspectors had it shut down. The funny thing would be they'd actually make the menu at most fast food places look positively healthy. I could see Michelle drowning a burger and fries in cream of crap soup and Josh's special seasoning, and Jim Boob, Josh and a few leghumpers declaring it delicious.

And Josh will post a pic on instagram, and we'll have TH from the kids talking about how neat it was.

That pic will get a lot of comments from his leghumpers.

Archived