IGNORED

Season 6 of 19 Kids and Counting. God help us all!

Buzzard

Hi! I just started watching the new season on youtube and I have to say WOW. David, Josiah and Jinger?! I get some huge vibes from them, especially David, of course. He is the most obvious one and I get the feeling his family married him off before he would have the chance to come out to himself. Poor Priscilla, she is too uneducated and naive to fully understand her situation (I don't think she is stupid or behind, though, just a victim of her environment)

And then Jinger at the turkey shooting. The way she was holding the gun, her facial expressions, her hand, her wrist with the leatherband...the very first thing that came to my mind was: That IS a lesbian hand (and yes, hands can be an indicator). And the second thing was: Please, let her cut of her hair (she has the shortest hair out of the girls anyway, right?) and give her a tie, so she can be a really cute baby dyke (I mean that in an absolutely positive way).

I'm really starting to worry about Josiah, though, not because he might be sending out some vibes, but because his parents seem to be fully aware of it. Michelle almost sounds worried when she talks about about how sensitive Josiah is and how he rescued the kittens. Luckily for Jinger, her parents do not seem to worry about her.

I could be wrong in all three cases, of course, even David might be totally straight and just feminine (after all, gender roles and sexual orientation are not the same thing). But statistics are "against" the Duggars in that they are 19 kids in total and Michelle has carried 10 sons.

Sorry for my english, it's not my first language.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi! I just started watching the new season on youtube and I have to say WOW. David, Josiah and Jinger?! I get some huge vibes from them, especially David, of course. He is the most obvious one and I get the feeling his family married him off before he would have the chance to come out to himself. Poor Priscilla, she is too uneducated and naive to fully understand her situation (I don't think she is stupid or behind, though, just a victim of her environment)

And then Jinger at the turkey shooting. The way she was holding the gun, her facial expressions, her hand, her wrist with the leatherband...the very first thing that came to my mind was: That IS a lesbian hand (and yes, hands can be an indicator). And the second thing was: Please, let her cut of her hair (she has the shortest hair out of the girls anyway, right?) and give her a tie, so she can be a really cute baby dyke (I mean that in an absolutely positive way).

I'm really starting to worry about Josiah, though, not because he might be sending out some vibes, but because his parents seem to be fully aware of it. Michelle almost sounds worried when she talks about about how sensitive Josiah is and how he rescued the kittens. Luckily for Jinger, her parents do not seem to worry about her.

I could be wrong in all three cases, of course, even David might be totally straight and just feminine (after all, gender roles and sexual orientation are not the same thing). But statistics are "against" the Duggars in that they are 19 kids in total and Michelle has carried 10 sons.

I agree with you. Especially the part about Davids sexual orientation. Also, I think Priscilla is a product of her upbringing. I was really shocked that Anna is younger then Priscilla.

Your English is great. :) Probably better then mine, and it is my first language (stupid ebil publik skool). ;)

Edited b/c I quoted the comment twice.

I've just caught up with a bunch of episodes. I saw the Jana meltdown one - was it during the speech? I'm disappointed, I thought it was going to be a meltdown about doing washing or something and she screamed in the house. I feel really bad for her because of the Jessa story.

I'm not sure how you can tell Jinger is a lesbian just because she dressed up and shot.

It's so funny how Josh is threatened by David.

The shooting episode disgusted me. I don't get why people think it's a fun family event to kill animals.

Ive heard that the length of the two fingers either side of your middle finger compared to eachother can predict sexual orientation, although I am not sure how that works or which one should be longer if you are gay. Its hard to tell though, I had to measure my fingers with a ruler to work out which one was bigger.

Its not something I have ever noticed on another person though.

Ive heard that the length of the two fingers either side of your middle finger compared to eachother can predict sexual orientation, although I am not sure how that works or which one should be longer if you are gay. Its hard to tell though, I had to measure my fingers with a ruler to work out which one was bigger.

Its not something I have ever noticed on another person though.

It's supposed to be that people with longer index fingers have more feminine traits and people with longer ring fingers have more masculine traits. People got really excited about it for a while and there are a ton of studies about all the different things linked, but I've heard a lot of people criticize these studies as a bit dodgy. I couldn't explain to you why, off the top of my head, but it's probably not too hard to find those criticisms. Anyway, I'm not sure whether that would link to sexuality at all, even if it were basically true. Sometimes gay men have lower levels of masculinizing hormones etc, so IF we take the finger ratio thing as basically true, it's possible that *those* gay men would have longer index fingers. I don't think you could tell though. And by the way, I have a longer ring finger (so masculine) but I'm definitely into guys (so straight), so it's not a perfect system even if all of the other factors are in place.

It's supposed to be that people with longer index fingers have more feminine traits and people with longer ring fingers have more masculine traits. People got really excited about it for a while and there are a ton of studies about all the different things linked, but I've heard a lot of people criticize these studies as a bit dodgy. I couldn't explain to you why, off the top of my head, but it's probably not too hard to find those criticisms. Anyway, I'm not sure whether that would link to sexuality at all, even if it were basically true. Sometimes gay men have lower levels of masculinizing hormones etc, so IF we take the finger ratio thing as basically true, it's possible that *those* gay men would have longer index fingers. I don't think you could tell though. And by the way, I have a longer ring finger (so masculine) but I'm definitely into guys (so straight), so it's not a perfect system even if all of the other factors are in place.

So since my index finger is longer on one hand and my ring finger is longer on the other does that make me bisexual?

So since my index finger is longer on one hand and my ring finger is longer on the other does that make me bisexual?

It makes you an outlier! Probably one of the problems with these studies is that they likely ignore the strangely-handed people like you, or the too-close-to-call folk, and end up making conclusions based on very extreme differences.

It makes you an outlier! Probably one of the problems with these studies is that they likely ignore the strangely-handed people like you, or the too-close-to-call folk, and end up making conclusions based on very extreme differences.

I'm a lesbian and just celebrated my 4th anniversary (legally married, thank you Massachusetts) but both my wife and I have longer index fingers than ring fingers. So that whole argument seems like shit, really.

I'm a lesbian and just celebrated my 4th anniversary (legally married, thank you Massachusetts) but both my wife and I have longer index fingers than ring fingers. So that whole argument seems like shit, really.

Mazel Tov on the wedding!! The day that NY passed gay marriage was one of my proudest days. PLUS now when my uncle (who is gay) gives me shit about being single I can just go "and when are you getting married?" and he just laughs.

Mazel Tov on the wedding!! The day that NY passed gay marriage was one of my proudest days. PLUS now when my uncle (who is gay) gives me shit about being single I can just go "and when are you getting married?" and he just laughs.

Thanks! Its nice to live in a state which can demonstrate that marriage equality doesn't equal implosion.

Mr. Duggar, 36, the father of 13 children (''14, really, since my wife is pregnant and life begins at conception''), is not regarded as a serious threat to Mr. Hutchinson's renomination. But he is something of an embarrassment, given that very few other senators up for re-election this year have primary challengers. Further, Republicans who abandon Mr. Hutchinson for Mr. Duggar in May may not return to him in November, if they go to the polls at all.

So the baby fetus counted but J'Caleb didn't in the count? If that's their claim, why isn't Caleb in that figure?

Once again proof that Caleb is more than just a hair fishy.

Hah, I just checked and my ring finger is longer on my right hand, and my index finger is longer on my left hand. And I am bi, so I guess that makes sense? What an odd study...

Congratulations on your anniversary, and also, I totally agree that the finger ratio thing is a shitty argument. Actually I'm not sure if anyone has done sexuality studies with finger ratio, so I was really just extrapolating from conclusions about femininity/masculinity, but those conclusions seem pretty iffy anyway. Basically, this has been an exercise in bad science! Hooray! :lol:

What does it mean if my index fingers are the same length as my ring fingers at a glance, but also bend/curve sideways? My mom had the same thing, and GirlKay has the same thing. It's a genetic thing, obviously, but now I'm off to obsess over what it might mean.

First time poster... I just caught up on this week's two episodes and couldn't help commenting on this trainwreck! A few observations:

• I don't fault the Duggars for all the endeavours they take on - clearing lots, rehabing houses etc. And good for John David that he has a paid off house at 22! But seriously, can we please stop ignoring the gigantic financial elephant in the room - the fact that the bulk of their income is derived from the reality show we are watching. Will the Duggars please stop acting like Josh supports his family from the car lot alone or that commercial real estate keeps 23 people in designer clothes, endless vacations, expensive cars and more - not to mention the fact that none of that stuff was part of their lives before the show. Commercial real estate hasn't gotten more profitable since the show came on the air.

• Did anyone catch Jessa's comment about the kids taking care of the kittens... "I'm glad the younger kids have the opportunity to suffer, I mean to learn through the same process of getting up and doing the feedings every three hours all throughout the night." Why do I have a feeling she wasn't talking about taking care of kittens! The look on Jinger's face kind of said it all!

• Did anyone else think it was weird that JimBob thought that having a paid off house was the milestone that made John David "ready" to be married.

• The bowling commentary was 15 minutes of the most god-awful Television in the history of television. Maybe next week they will treat us to 15 minutes of paint drying in the rehab house

I seriously hope that Michelle and JimBob arent crappy enough parents to expect their kids to get up in the night to feed new babies while they sleep in, cause thats what Jessa's comment makes me think of.

They should not be allowed to take care of a cat, let alone one child, let alone 19 of them.

I have heard of the finger thing linked to maternal hormones which I guess might link to orientation but I think it's a bit of a stretch. My ring fingers are longer (I thought that was normal though???) I am a bit "masculine" in the sense I went through a pretty big tomboy stage, but I am VERY straight lol.

Watching the episodes has made me realise how much I really don't like the Duggar boys. Josh, for obvious reasons, but seeing them interview the rest - John David seems like a hard worker (though I still don't get the house/land clearing deal, houses must be soooo cheap there because that would never be an option here) but something about him creeps me out. Because he's so silent a lot. And then there was that picture of him posing with guns. The other teens are starting to get that big build and look a bit...thuggish. None of them are very good at talking, and the howlers are so annoying. When they were talking about stuff like the loud trumpet and the fact that if grandma wasn't there, clothes would get everywhere...wtf? They seem so entitled and incompetent.

Oh also, when they went shooting and a Howler forgot his shoes. They had to stop on the way and they showed Dim Bulb giving him a pair of new shoes. The label on those shoes didn't look second hand at all. Did they really buy a new pair just because someone forgot theirs? That seems to fly in the face of the episode where Michelle makes a big deal of getting crappy, second-hand shoes and spending $1 per boy.

I seriously hope that Michelle and JimBob arent crappy enough parents to expect their kids to get up in the night to feed new babies while they sleep in, cause thats what Jessa's comment makes me think of.

They should not be allowed to take care of a cat, let alone one child, let alone 19 of them.

There is NO WAY Michelle gets up in the middle of the night to feed kittens when she can't be bothered to do the same for her children. The kittens probably sleep with Josie in a pack-and-play in the daughters' dormitory.

I agree. It sounds like one of those goofy things kids tell each other at recess.

Well then, I must be a dude since both my ring fingers are longer than my index fingers. Tell that to my donkey booty. :lol:

I agree. It sounds like one of those goofy things kids tell each other at recess.

Seconded. I've heard of that study, and maybe there is some degree of correlation, but overall it sounds as reliable or meaningful as "big hands/feet = big dick." Which, purely anecdotally, not so much.

Still, I got out the ruler. My ring fingers are the same as my middles, but longer than my indexes. All is well, I guess.

My ring fingers are noticeably longer than my index fingers. I have issues with gender expectations, but i am as straight as someone can be and have a pretty 'girly' personality. Except I'm hopeless at dressing fashionably and decorating things, or maybe that's less personality and more expected skill.

There is NO WAY Michelle gets up in the middle of the night to feed kittens when she can't be bothered to do the same for her children. The kittens probably sleep with Josie in a pack-and-play in the daughters' dormitory.

The older girls don't seem to have been that involved with the kitten care. I bet Boob and J'uterus made poor Hannie get up. Hey, she's almost 7 now, time for her to do things like a big girl!

Archived